Thread: McDonald's praised for happy cows - What a joke

Thumbs down McDonald's praised for happy cows - What a joke

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Default Re: McDonald's praised for happy cows - What a joke

I'm speechless
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

I supose one can take the view that at least "more humainly" is better than how things were before but I'm sorry, I still have only one reaction to this...HA "more humanely" my A**. Slaughtering is still slaughtering, NO method is at all humane in my opinion! It is all unnessesary murder!

princessemma

How on earth can they tell they are happy? I'm sure they are not the least bit happy when taken to the slaughterhouse or doesn't that bit count. I will never support the R.S.P.C.A again. Did you read the quote from the spokesman?

I knew that animal rights groups generally regard the RSPCA with suspicion, and now I can see why. What a bunch of twats. I cannot understand how people who have clearly chosen to spend a great deal of their time and energy campaigning for animals, can endorse the flimsiest of 'welfare' standards. And a company which symbolises the profit over life mentality.

I saw this a few days ago and have mixed feelings on the subject.

On one side of things it's a step forward, which is great! At the end of the day, I'd love everyone in the world to turn vegan overnight, but it's not going to happen in my life time. However, large corperations cleanning up their acts can only be a good thing. I know the legislation that defines what free range means for instance is pretty flaky, but I'd be more than happy if battery farming was severly hit by large companies switching to free range.

The downside however is of course that if people like the RSPCA who many people view as being the voice of animal welfare are willing to let their logo be used then it'll give many people the green light to carry on doing what they're doing - "if the RSPCA say it's alright for me to eat bigmacs then that'd good enough for me!".

I'm really not a fan of McDonalds at all, but then I'm not a fan of any restaurant that serves meat. Looking at McDonalds UK website, which has obviously had a lot of money spent on it you could be forgiven for being really impressed at some of the things they are trying to achieve. One of these things is their environmental consciousness and things they are trying to do to cut down on litter. Great, however I've done in the past surveys of the litter I see along road sides, and McDonalds accounts for about 30-40% of it (fag packets and stubs being the top). A half arsed campaign to clean up the environment isn't even as remotely effective as them just ceasing to trade instead. They've been talking about the environment for years (i can remember myself from when i used to eat there, which is at least 7 years ago), yet their litter is still everywhere.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

WHAT A CROCK! how can they say that they are "blazing a trail" of humane treatment? r the cows not still slaughtered...are they not still exploited for Mc D's own capitalist ends...i mean it's one thing that that is what's going on, but as soon as they say that it's OK that they're doing it...that's just sick. if i were the other companies that received awards i would be offended...put in the same category as good ol' micky d's!! I'm disgusted and appauled...SICK
    Peace Love Surf.

The important thing is not that you're killing the cattle, it's how you're actually killing the cattle," David Bowles, head of external affairs at the RSPCA, told the BBC.
    Slap in the face!

I'm sorry - tell me again how McDonalds fits in with companies such as Lush? Bloody hell! I'm appalled.

Since they are handing awards out to gigantic fast food corporations - did KFC get anything

It's the step in the right direction, that's for sure. I think it's important to embrace positive growth as progessive individuals and not just be cynics.

I'm sorry - I don't see this as a step forward. I see it as a step sideways.

McDonald's has a lot of issues and I would never support the company. But this is still progress of some form. Just because it's McDonald's and we all hate McDonald's doesn't mean it's appropriate to villify every effort it makes to do something good. Yes, that's right, Mickey D's can do something good.

I just can't agree with you. Anyway - I don't want to get into a heated debate over it. We are all entitled to our opinions.

That's understandable. And I agree. There's no need to debate over it.

Kurmudgeon

"These companies are blazing a trail for animal welfare by putting kindness and social responsibility at the heart of their business model,"
    Kindness at the heart of their business model? Ahhh, it must be that "you got to be cruel to be kind" thing.

sugarmouse

load of crock!sadly i guess to be respected and taken seriously, the RSPCA cannot be seen as extreme in society-they have to give insider pressure and work towards the best, rather than condemn institutions like macdonalds, ill say that, but i do not agree with it, i thikn its very sad that they cant do more, and very sad that an RSPCA spokesperson can say that and expect it to sound ok given where he is representingare RSPCA inspectors even vegetarians?ill research that!

cross barer

thats even worse than the hanging puppy story

I tryed to Volunteer for the RSPCA once. But they made it so difficult to be able to volunteer at all it was like applying for a job. Anyway I can tell you that not one of the RSPCA members working in the big animal care house they have here in Canberra was/is a vegetarian they have sausage sizzles and bbq's to raise funds and are quite happy to eat dead cows arses while they talk about the sad plight of dogs and cats . Their concern in Oz seems to be for dogs cats and horses and doesn't seem to go beyond domestic animals at all. You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong about that if anyone knows more about the RSPCA in Australia.
    "Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows" - Nietzsche :rolleyes:

cross barer

Quote Panda
    I tryed to Volunteer for the RSPCA once. But they made it so difficult to be able to volunteer at all it was like applying for a job. Anyway I can tell you that not one of the RSPCA members working in the big animal care house they have here in Canberra was/is a vegetarian they have sausage sizzles and bbq's to raise funds and are quite happy to eat dead cows arses while they talk about the sad plight of dogs and cats . Their concern in Oz seems to be for dogs cats and horses and doesn't seem to go beyond domestic animals at all. You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong about that if anyone knows more about the RSPCA in Australia.
    There is a thread here on the RSPCA, unfortunately it was merged with a UK thread but the first page or two is about the australian organistion.

Panda, you post:
    Their concern in Oz seems to be for dogs cats and horses and doesn't seem to go beyond domestic animals at all. You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong about that if anyone knows more about the RSPCA in Australia.
    I did once have an exchange of emails with RSPCA about a cruelty matter with some chooks. Their response was that the cruelty laws differ between domestic animals and farm animals. The point they made was that there is little they can do about farm animals because what happens to them is not looked upon as cruelty!
    Eve

sugarmouse

that is what i dontunderstand about most people.some animals are loved and cherished.others treated like objects to be sold, played with and consumed

Quote Roxy
    I'm sorry - I don't see this as a step forward. I see it as a step sideways.
    Perfectly put.

Quote spjessop
    Perfectly put.
    Agreed. It's another one of their feeble attempts to look like they're doing good things, and sadly I rather suspect that most people are going to fall for it.
    "It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions" - Mark Twain

cross barer

Last night on Australian television there was a story about childhood obesity. They described how parents had gotten together to try and put a stop to the advertising by companies like McDeath who target children, making complaints about a particular McHappy meal advertisement for which 90% of the airtime of the commercial focussed on the toy given with the food.

The aussie commercial standards agency ruled that the toy was part of the food, since they are bundled (you can't have the one without the other) so they deemed that it wasn't inappropriate to be screening these commercials during afternoon "C time" programs exclusively targetting children.

An angry parent said "If it's part of the food, when are they supposed to eat it? Is it the entree?"

And, like the true gentleman that he is; the Australian federal Minister for Health Tony Abbot declared in relation to fast food advertising, "If people don't like the ads they see on television, turn it off".

Yes, every seven year old kid reaches for the remote when they see fast food commercials.

Best of all, the vision of kids fighting their obesity by joining local athletics clubs showed them in their club uniform with, you guessed it; the McDonalds logo on their chest.

Quote adam antichrist
    And, like the true gentleman that he is; the Australian federal Minister for Health Tony Abbot declared in relation to fast food advertising, "If people don't like the ads they see on television, turn it off".
    Hmmmmmm - is McDonald's some kind of government sponsor?

Seriously though - that's an extremely irresponsible comment on his behalf!

Kurmudgeon

If people don't like the swearing/sex scenes they see on television, they can switch off too!

but of course u'll never see a comment like that cuz they don't generate nearly as much money as Mc D, lovely to know where the politician's hearts are eh?
    Peace Love Surf.

Pilaf

Oh yeah...I was in there the other day talking to the McDeath cows.. they were telling me how excited they were to be in line for execution. *rolls eyes*

At least it is a step forward- I'm not saying that it's ok but its something.
    They still sell grade 5 meat- and yes, it is 100% beef.
    Just that in that 100% you get some nutritious cow vaginas.

Don't you mean penises? The female cows are too busy having their tits pumped for the thickshakes.

Pilaf

You have it all wrong.. they throw the cow penises and vaginas into the cow feed, along with the brain and spinal tissue that contains the mad cow prions.

Yeah.. how would you feel if you were fed the ground up private parts of fellow human beings?

Quote Pilaf
    You have it all wrong.. they throw the cow penises and vaginas into the cow feed, along with the brain and spinal tissue that contains the mad cow prions.

Yeah.. how would you feel if you were fed the ground up private parts of fellow human beings?
    I would expect to be served with ketchup

I was horrified to hear RSPCA had given MC Death an award. I used to Support RSPCA as well. Well not any more!!!

sugarmouse

i shall not support RSPCA any longer..,.personal issues..but i just do not like them...

they need to get outside..but i guess they cant..they already dont get government funding..but they think theyre doing their best i guess...i do not thnk the big wigs there are true animal lovers..mayve been at one point but not any longer

sugarmouse

The bottom line is! that they still kill the animals for the carnivores of the world. untill they stop no awards should be given!!! i am amazed by the RSPCA giving out an award to MD. Saying its the way forward is questionable? its just another way of papering over the cracks to sell meat.

Quote Pilaf

Hmm I have wondered about whether it was true, but I have a friend whos Dad checks lorries (I'm guessing for smuggling etc) and the driver of one lorry admitted it was cow vaginas in the lorry .
    It sounds slightly ridicolous, but then again it is cheapo Mcdonalds.
    And they still insist that we should be eating one a month!?

Quote Troutina
    And they still insist that we should be eating one a month!?
    GRRRRROOOOOOOASE!
    Peace Love Surf.

I know!
    It's ridicolous!
    I don't know why they don't just sit back and admit they're food is unhealthy.
    I think they don't want people saving McDonalds for a treat, I think they want people to be having their lunch hour there, or grabbing dinner there after work or while shopping etc quite frequently.
    Bleurgh.

Check this out, I almost chocked to death on my tofu when I saw this!!! Of all the lying, hypocritical, I'd best not say any more because it will only be profanities

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/quality0.html

Haha TRUSTED BRANDS?!
    Yes, trust that they serve the same rubbish as you do, and support the same evil workings as you do.

sugarmouse

i jus had a rummage round the website.its the stupidiest one i have ever seen!

HA quality meal...y i oughtta...
    Peace Love Surf.

Pilaf

Quote Hemlock
    Check this out, I almost chocked to death on my tofu when I saw this!!! Of all the lying, hypocritical, I'd best not say any more because it will only be profanities

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/quality0.html

I would click on that link but in some twisted way, giving McDeath's site a hit would be helping the very things I stand against.

Also, your quote about choking on Tofu has got to be the number one quotable quote of all time, ever...at least this week.