Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan dinner ideas

Talking Re: What should I have for dinner....

Thank u SO much! I can't wait to try it!
    Peace Love Surf.

Default Re: What should I have for dinner....

i cant figure out what i want for dinner.

either brown rice pasta of some sort (we have spaghetti, kid shapes, shells, twists) or veggie stirfry on brown rice vermicelli noodles.....
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Quote foxytina_69
    i cant figure out what i want for dinner.

either brown rice pasta of some sort (we have spaghetti, kid shapes, shells, twists) or veggie stirfry on brown rice vermicelli noodles.....
    I vote veggie stirfry!
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

stirfry all the way
    Peace Love Surf.

Yep totally stir-fry - I bought stuff for stir-fry for tomorrow night

i ended up having kid shape pasta but i will have stirfry tommorow. i make a fantastic teryiaki sauce! its great on the stirfry. its just soy sauce, lots of brown sugar, few dashes onion and garlic powder and some ginger powder. you heat it in the microwave (or a pot) until its syrupy and delicious.

Default Re: What do you have for dinner?

Well yesterday I had stir fryed vegetables and mushrooms mixed with queneo(sp) and gluten free pasta and sesame oil and mayonaise and vegan cheese and pepper

Lol i normally have pasta or chips as base and add things to them
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Tonight we're having (gluten-free) nachos with lashings of guacamole. I'm having trouble locating soy sour cream here though, so that won't be on the menu..

Tonight i had a salad with jacket potato and hot baked beans over t top

princessemma

Yesterday we had red onion and thyme tart (yum yum!) with roast veg and tonight we had fishless fingers, mash, parsley sauce, peas and carrotts.

I normally try to have loads of veggies and some grains and/or beans.

Beans give me way too much gas (cramping too) so I don't eat them every day.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

I felt lazy tonight. I just ate whatever the kids left, ha ha. Some cantelope, banana, avocado, cucumber, and a whole wheat tortilla. Lazy night, lazy night.

I have a lazy night every night lol tut
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

had the crappiest dinner tonight- pumpkin seeds and newman 0 's cookies. i uusually eat much better than that, got home from late then went to whole foods. got home at 9:30 at least i bought some good food.

been baking pumpkin seeds last night and tonight. we carved 4 pumpkins. it's fall

anything creative! i love dinner time because i can play with it and make fun things

I'm having takeaway (I feel the need to indulge in some emotional eating after a horrid exam this morning)

A pizza from Vegetarian Orgasm AND curry fom an Indian shop. Yes, I eat alot.

YAY.

Quote Banana
    Coz I am a student (and I am poor) I eat a hell of a lot of dhal with brown rice for dinner. I make two basic varieties...a split pea one and a lentil one. Occassionally (or when I can be bothered) I will go out and make something a little more exciting, like last week I made dal makhani (which is basically a dhal made from brown lentils instead of red, with red kidney beans and tomato). To vary it a little...if you can call it variance...I will put different things in the dhal to make it a little more exciting, for example, sometimes I will add:

- chopped spinach (palak dhal)
    - potatoes (steam them first and add them at the last minute)
    - mashed pumpkin
    - chickpeas
    - eggplant

The salad we have with this is chopped tomato, chopped cucumber, spring onion and lots of fresh coriander with lemon juice. We also have lettuce leaves to scoop up our food and wrap it up...sort of like the purpose of naan or papadams!

Also, when I cook dhal, it lasts for three days so I don't have to cook! If I really get sick of it, My doggy gets it!

I also make sure I eat a stir-fry with plenty of green leafys at least once or twice a week. I make a sauce out of soy sauce, crushed garlic, grated ginger and chilli. You can use any veggies you want, and I have it with either brown rice or cellophane noodles. You can also add nuts/tofu/tempeh or whatever but I normally cannot be stuffed.

When I REALLY cannot be stuffed cooking:
    - pasta with sauce from the jar
    - couscous or tabbouli with canned chickpeas or other beans
    - Grilled portabella mushroom/eggplant burger or veggie burger (drowned in ketchup) with or without wedges and steamed corn
    - BBOT (baked beans on toast)
    Can you tell me your recipe for Dhal? I'm a poor student as well

I'm a poor student too! Tonight we had beech smoked tofu with stir fry and vegan thai sauce, and rice. Lovely!

Usually I don't really have "meals", I just eat little things often during the day. It's easier on me because of stomach and blood sugar issues.

But often at nighttime I'm in the mood for something sweet and cold, so lately I've been having big frozen banana + almond butter + strawberries + soymilk smoothies. Amazing combo!

Last night's dinner though, was taboli & a load of red grapes.

wholefoods vegan pizza: pineapple/pepper/tomato

and a couple blackberrys/strawberrys.

washed down with a glass of Odwalla Superfood + shot of wheatgrass
    "Beauty will save the world" - Fyodor Dostoevsky

we're eating the leftovers as i type...

last night we had rice with a stirfry of carrots, beets (beetroot), courgettes (zuchinni), and radish. we also had baked tofu marinated in ume vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and (vegan) worcestershire sauce.

yum yum, and great cold the next day, too

Tonight I'm making kale and potatoes. Maybe I'll throw in some fried tofu. :P

I'm making pasta shells stuffed with seasoned tofu and spinach.....messing around with some kind of sauce for the top. May sprinkle the whole lot with this vegan parm I bought.

tabitha

Soup made from cauliflower, potatoes, garlic, red and green peppers and a bit of soya milk and chilli powder.

sugarmouse

Last night i had tomato soup made from this recipe http://www.earth.li/~kake/cookery/re...mato-soup.html

with olives and bread.i wasnt overly hungry

You would have to ask sugarmouse what i had for dinner she made a wonderful stirfry, she puts in a bit of this and a bit of that and a bit of the other and it always turns out wonderful..

tabitha

I love your avatar Scruffy! I have that on my fridge but it says "nine lives and I had to choose this one"

Tonight I had vegan chow mein with cabbage, kale, carrot, onion, garlic, celery, beans, mushies, brown lentils cooked in a sauce of tomato paste, curry, some fake chicken stock and served with jasmine rice.

Quote tabitha
    Soup made from cauliflower, potatoes, garlic, red and green peppers and a bit of soya milk and chilli powder.
    Oh yum Tabitha! Can you post your recipe *drools* My mum used to make a wicked oatmeal soup with curry powder - keep meanign to ask her for the recipe...
    Tonight it's gonna be pizza with grilled veggies... just had lentil dip/pate on rye bread with fresh tomatoes

Quote Troub
    wholefoods vegan pizza: pineapple/pepper/tomato
    They have a vegan pizza? Was that on the buffet or a frozen version?
    Everything I eat has its beginnings in a seed.

Last night I had avocado sushi. One of my favorite treats. Tonight I think I'm going to Roly Poly and getting their Spinach Stuffer.
    Everything I eat has its beginnings in a seed.

Tonight I'm having fried tofu with a little BBQ sauce and some steamed asparagus.
    ""Who can be good if he knows not who he is?”
    -Epictetus

Tonight we grilled sweet potatoes for the first time - wow! wonderful. Hubby made a soy/sesame seed sauce that was delicious for dipping bites of the sweet potatoes. We also had Boca burgers on Ezekiel buns, and cole slaw made with Veganaise.
    Everyone needs a little mercy.

Quote poppy seed
    Tonight we grilled sweet potatoes for the first time - wow! wonderful. Hubby made a soy/sesame seed sauce that was delicious for dipping bites of the sweet potatoes. We also had Boca burgers on Ezekiel buns, and cole slaw made with Veganaise.
    YUM! How big are those buns? Most buns, it seems, are too small for veggie burgers.

I don't think I've even seen the Ezekial buns here. I've only ever seen the loaf of bread with the pink label.

Talking Re: What do you have for dinner?

mmm the buns are good shtuff!!!

today for dinner i had a (n entire box of) mac n chreese

i just got back from vacation at midnight last night and i had to start moving today... all i ate all day was a mango & an apple.. so i chowed down on qquick meal of champions tonight!!!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

mango woman

I am very envious of anyone who gets to eat ezekiel buns.
    The best i get around here is the bread.. and there are a few kinds.. anyone care to share which one they think is the best?

Quote poppy seed
    I like to cube sweet potatoes, put them on skewers, brush with brown sugar and vegan butter (earth balance) and grill until all carmelly on the bbq. They kinda taste like burned marshmallows if you let them get black.

Yummy, (somewhat) healthy dessert!

I'm going home and stewing some small "fingerling" potatoes. Then I'm going to brown off some onions, add some sauerkraut and tofu pups, and finally put in the potatoes too. I'm so hungry...I'm glad I'm leaving in 5 minutes to go cook
    When you are guided by compassion and loving-kindness, you are able to look deeply into the heart of reality and see the truth.--Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote Wildflower
    I like to cube sweet potatoes, put them on skewers, brush with brown sugar and vegan butter (earth balance) and grill until all carmelly on the bbq. They kinda taste like burned marshmallows if you let them get black.

I do a slightly different version for "dessert"...I put EB all over the outside of a sweet potato, put it in my toaster oven at 350 degrees for an hour, then split it open and smother it with EB, then cinnamon and brown sugar. My dog and I both love it...only he gets some bits w/o sugar on it
    When you are guided by compassion and loving-kindness, you are able to look deeply into the heart of reality and see the truth.--Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote Wildflower

YUM! That sounds wonderful, we will have to try that next time!

Tonight we grilled eggplant slices and had them with a miso barbeque sauce, and corn-on-the cob grilled in the shucks - delicious. We also put some fresh pineapple slices on skewers and heated them up too. Accompanied by a spinach salad - great dinner! (Can you tell? the grill is new, and we're experimenting with grilling vegetables!)

Funny, Virginia never seems to have anything I read about on VF, but we do have a number of Ezekiel items - hot dog buns, hamburger buns, several types of bread - including cinnamon raisin, which is wonderful.

Limey

Quote UrbanVegan
    Last night I had avocado sushi. One of my favorite treats. Tonight I think I'm going to Roly Poly and getting their Spinach Stuffer.
    Oh, I'll add that to my list of friendly restaurants. I've never been there and so never thought of it.

Quote eclectic_one
    I do a slightly different version for "dessert"...I put EB all over the outside of a sweet potato, put it in my toaster oven at 350 degrees for an hour, then split it open and smother it with EB, then cinnamon and brown sugar. My dog and I both love it...only he gets some bits w/o sugar on it
    Mmmm! Yummy!

Poppy Seed - I love grilling corn in the husks - it is so yummy. Also, I love grilled pineapple, portabella mushroom caps and I make kabobs with grilled red and yellow peppers, white onion, brocolli, grape tomatoes, pineapple, and button mushrooms or baby portabella (porccini).

I really love grilled veggies, but I was suprised how great brocolli and carrots taste grilled - Yummy! Grilled brocolli is awesome.

I also love squashes, zuchinni and eggplant.

Seiten and tofu are good too for protein. Or Tofurky sausages.

I grill all year round...when it gets really cold here though, the grill won't work properly because of airflow or something...

Tonight we're having veggie packs (potatoes, carrots, zuchinni, mushrooms & onion slices drizzled with italian dressing, wrapped in aluminum foil and baked for an hour) seasoned brown rice and anasazi beans.

mmm that sounds yummy raven!

tonight were having corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. mmm summer foods lol.

Tofu scramble. The secret ingredient is lots of nutritional yeast and canned tomatoes.

Quote foxytina_69
    tonight were having corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. mmm summer foods lol.
    Mmm, I know!!! The farmers markets and home grown produce stands just started here and we went to one today. I'm having lunch right now, a tortillia, a raw carrot, a home grown raw tomato and 1/4 of a home grown canteloupe. All of it is so yum!!

Tigerlily, we had tofu scramble burittos for breakfast today. Crumbled tofu, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, & an orange tomato seasoned with turmerric, cumin & soy sauce. Throw it on a tortilla with salsa and it's soo good!

Penne with marinara, sauteed mushrooms, spinach and basil. Dessert is Rice Dreams chocolate marble fudge. YUM!

Tomorrow I will be going to our local, annual Greek festival. I think I'll pack a sandwich!!!

Limey

Quote ravenfire
    Tonight we're having veggie packs (potatoes, carrots, zuchinni, mushrooms & onion slices drizzled with italian dressing, wrapped in aluminum foil and baked for an hour) seasoned brown rice and anasazi beans.

I looooove these things! My mom made them for us, but with chicken too, and I would eat so much of this stuff. I will try your version now Raven.