Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan dinner ideas

Limey

Default Re: What do you have for dinner?

No, stomach should not be in knots. Is it because of the job?

I'm eating a bean and rice burrito with some guac and Tofutti sour cream on the side. First time I'm having Tofutti sour cream - it's yum.

tabitha

Job, money, and a few more bits thrown in. Makes for knotted stomach.

Limey

I'm sorry Tabs. I hope it all gets better soon.

tabitha

So do I sweetie. So do I.

Tonight I made a stiry fry of tofu, brocolli, green pepper, yellow pepper, red cabbage and teriyaki sauce. It was sooooo good to have vegetables!

i came home from work tonight with a massive headache and i went to lay in the dark for a while and fell asleep- woke up at 10 and had 2 bowls of cornflakes- and a glass of chocolate soymilk- breakfast for dinner ???

I go for the lazy option, I make a huge chilli or tomatoey sauce every 3 or 4 weeks then stick it in seperate bags and lob it in the freezer. Then for dinner i'll have some of the sauce on either pasta, rice, vegetables or in a potato. It's easy and cheap, yay

OMG ya'll. I've discovered the wonderful creation known as vegan sour cream, and SmartGround taco seasoned crumbles. I smeared some sour cream on a soft tortilla, sprinkled some shredded lettuce, with the SmartGround taco "meat", and topped it off with some salsa. Taco Bell has NOTHIN on my ass!!! It was absolutely delicious. I would have loved to have topped it with some shredded vegan cheese, but I can't find any anywhere. Grr!

last night i made fried rice with red pepper, bean sprouts, mushroom, tempeh, brocolli, brown rice and tarmari, and peanut oil, yum yum yum...

I made pad thai from the vegan planet cookbook. oh, so good.

tonight were going to have pancakes and tofu bacon and tofu scramble for dinner.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I had enchiladas with refried beans and Vegan Gourmet Nacho Cheese inside. Then some leftover tabouli and pita. Kind of a multicultural dinner....

Tonight I had a wholewheat pita with garlic and dukkah, and falafel balls with tomato, miso, tahini sauce and salad of grape tomato, cuke, and spinach, not bad considering how tired i am, i did back to back close (till 1am and open at 9.45) pure evil...

For dinner I had lemon myrtle pasta (homemade) and a soy, garlic and lemon myrtle sauce with salad (red lettuce, tomatoe, avocado, red onion with balsamic vinegar). Green jasmin tea to drink.

I made a roasted vegetables/pesto/couscous thing. cranberry juice to wash it down.

the other night, i made a vegetable stew with lentils, brown rice, tin of chopped tomatoes, mung bean sprouts, fennel seeds, potatoes, carrots, garlic, loads of herbs, and a few other bits of veg i had lying around. (cant remember now)

it was lovely

last night, i had veggie sausages (basil & oregano), with steamed veg and carrot&swede mash

tonight, i am having veggie burgers or tofu with steamed veg.

Quote lozza
    the other night, i made a vegetable stew with lentils, brown rice, tin of chopped tomatoes, mung bean sprouts, fennel seeds, potatoes, carrots, garlic, loads of herbs, and a few other bits of veg i had lying around. (cant remember now)

it was lovely

last night, i had veggie sausages (basil & oregano), with steamed veg and carrot&swede mash

tonight, i am having veggie burgers or tofu with steamed veg.
    That stew sounds awesome, Lozza. With the high temperatures we've got right now, the thought of a stew makes me kind of light-headed I'm great at eating badly

hmm..yeah even though its really hot right now..the stew wasnt too hot. i served it up, and let it sit for a while, whilst i made my salad that way it wasnt pipng hot.

tonight were having pancakes and homemade vegan sausages

I just made a mango curry and basmati rice. I didn't realize I'd run out of cumin before I needed to put it in though.

Steamed Sweet potato (then mashed with rice milk), steamed vegies (broccolli, cauliflower, capsicum, zucchini, peas, corn) topped with flaxseed oil, almonds, japanese flavoured tofu and coriander.

Tonight I was suppose to meet Alan for coffee when his boss goes to the gym at 8 but instead I brought him/me dinner! I got him a veggie pad thai annd I got noodles and tofu (had veggies as well) from my favorite restaurant and the one that I met him at. It was yum. I figured it would be good because the last two nights hes had to work till 1:30am (investment banking's intense) and tonight he'll be lucky if he gets out by 12, so he could use the fuel.
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Quote mandycoot
    I just made a mango curry and basmati rice. I didn't realize I'd run out of cumin before I needed to put it in though.
    aah i hate when that happens!

tonight i had cauldron savoury burgers on big soft wholemeal rolls, with salad cream, a bit of soycheese & mushrooms ontop of the burger.

mmm yum!

that was so nice of you wishin i bet he was happy.

today i made us onion rings for dinner.

this weekend some time, i would maybe like to have vegan blt's for dinner.

I made thai drunken noodles for dinner. Washing it down with iced Silk Chai.

I would like to find a way to cook with chilies without opening the flood gates in my nose.

Too bad Limey isn't around tonight to taunt with my good dinner.

paulvegan

a very good dinner there juice,
    i had jack daniel.

I'm so happy I could pee. I found a vegan restaurant in my area! It's called Green (formerly Veggie Fun). It's located at 2240 N Scottsdale Rd in Tempe, they have a website at http://www.greenvegetarian.com, for anyone in the Phoenix area.

Today was my first time eating there, I had a Texas "Mooshroom" Po-boy, with shredded portabella with caramelized onions and peppers slow cooked in espresso (?) BBQ sauce. It was absolutely DELISH!!!!!! They served thyme fries with it, and I also ordered a side of crab puffs, basically crab rangoon. OMG. I'm going to be going there every day for lunch now. There are SO many things I want to try here! Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy

paulvegan

saled in pitta bread.
    and for dessert im having a jd or two

Quote sarahblue
    I'm so happy I could pee. I found a vegan restaurant in my area! It's called Green (formerly Veggie Fun). It's located at 2240 N Scottsdale Rd in Tempe, they have a website at http://www.greenvegetarian.com, for anyone in the Phoenix area.

Today was my first time eating there, I had a Texas "Mooshroom" Po-boy, with shredded portabella with caramelized onions and peppers slow cooked in espresso (?) BBQ sauce. It was absolutely DELISH!!!!!! They served thyme fries with it, and I also ordered a side of crab puffs, basically crab rangoon. OMG. I'm going to be going there every day for lunch now. There are SO many things I want to try here! Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy
    its great when you find something like that near to where you live, isnt it??

i was bouncing around like a lunatic when i discovered the local veggie shops/cafes/bars in my area

The floors are being redone downstairs so the kitchen is out of commission - and by the time I get home I'll have to go right to rehearsal most likely esp. depending on how long I stay at the meeting today soo I think I'm just gonna buy a really big lunch and split it up - we'll see....

for lunch/bring home dinner the options today:
    - take a real long break and go all the way out to espresso royale and get a bagel w. veggie tofu spread and maybe a treat but they are usually too sweet for me (i finally had bagels again and though I only have them occasionally they are so so good!)
    - some sort of thai food - maybe pad thai or possibly papaya salad
    - chacareros chilean veggie sandwich

I can probably spread these out over the next three days while the kitchen will be off limits
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

It's too hot to cook here. I think tonight will be a salad or wraps.

had leftovers from yesterdays gigantic lunch. - A salad made from boiled spelt, black rice, fried courgette (green and yellow), brown mushrooms, and broccoli, served with a mustard dressing (maple syrup, mustard, extra virgin olive oil, flax seed oil) and two dupuylentil/rice/sunflowerseed burgers.

now i think i'm gonna cook some organic rice noodles, and soak them in soyasauce. i'm hungry. reeeeeeeaaaally hungry

I had chips and garden peas, I couldn't be bothered making anything else. Enchantress who makes your fishless fingers, and where can you buy them?

They're by Redwood. I got mine in Holland and Barrets, I think I've seen them stocked in Waitrose too.

Thanks

Today I had spaghetti (from the jar with my own garlic added) over whole wheat rotini. I then had a mixed salad (baby leaves and greens, tomatos, cukes, red onion, orange pepper). And a cup of cherries to finish.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

yum tigerlily that sounds great. i wish we could buy salad greens and cherries! *droool*

tonight were having leftover sheperds pie, and im not sure what else. steev will probably have creamed corn with his, and ill have some kindof veggie or four bean salad.

Last night we had Shepard's Pie with salad and homemade bread. Tonight I'm making Tofu Chicken Fried Steak, salad and potato salad.
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot

Last night we had wraps: flour tortillas with the following ingredients wrapped up inside

Yves veggie roast beef
    Tofutti cheese
    tomato
    cucumber
    green pepper
    garlic sprouts
    mixed leaves
    grated carrot
    rasins
    vegan thousand island dressing

On the side we had some baked pico de gallo chips with guacamole

Quote Roxy
    Last night we had wraps: flour tortillas with the following ingredients wrapped up inside

Yves veggie roast beef
    Tofutti cheese
    tomato
    cucumber
    green pepper
    garlic sprouts
    mixed leaves
    grated carrot
    rasins
    vegan thousand island dressing

On the side we had some baked pico de gallo chips with guacamole
    Yummy. I think we'll have wraps tonight!
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot

mmmm i havent had wraps in a while.

tonight i am having basil-marinated tofu (not tried it yet, but it looks nice), mixed frozen vegetables & sweet potato mash

the tofu:

Quote my3labs
    Yummy. I think we'll have wraps tonight!
    Yes there were very yummy and a great thing to have when it's too hot to cook!

How was that tofu lozza?

Tonight I had to run some errands after I finished work, so by the time I got home, I couldn't be bothered to create a mess in the kitchen, so I had 2 Veggie Hot Dogs .

for lunch today i had run out of 'fillers' so i just had a wholemeal pitta with some spinach from the garden, tomato, cucumber, parsley and mayo...it was nice but lacked that extra 'fill'.

but i'll be hungry in an hour again..

Quote lozza
    mmmm i havent had wraps in a while.

tonight i am having basil-marinated tofu (not tried it yet, but it looks nice), mixed frozen vegetables & sweet potato mash

the tofu:

My dad ate that, without any preparation as a snack when he was watching television. I dont know if it is healthy ...

I am preparing a red lentil dahl with bread and salad for my dinner today.

Went a bit mad in the kitchen last night - made zucchini with lentil and walnut pate, a cold polenta cake with Swiss chard, zucchini and red and yellow peppers cooked in garlic and balsamic vinegar, served with fresh tomato salsa. Vegan panna cotta with fruits of the forest to finish off. All washed down with some chilled white wine

was actually very nice! fried it in a pan for a bit with olive oil, and had it with sweet potato/reg. potato mash. mmm.

tonight, i just had spaghetti with sauce & soymince, garlic & tomatoes.

tonight were having yorkshire pudding, gravy, garlic roasted potatoes, and a little chili on the side for protein.

yesterday me & a friend (who has recently given up meat!!!! ) went to a veggie/vegan cafe for dinner.

and i had a mushroom & nut en-croute with tomato & cream cheese sauce (isnt as rich as it sounds), with a side salad.

and vegan cheesecake for dessert, with strawberries & sauce!

absolutely perfect...mmmm!

I have prepared a bake. It consists of some defrosted tofu which I have marinated in sweet vegetable stock, some green beans, sunflower seeds and arame, and some breadcrumbs.
    I am planning to serve it with baked co-op mixed vegetables and rice.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

tonight were getting chinese.

im getting curried singapore rice noodles, tomato fried rice, and 2 spring rolls.