Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite vegan breakfast?

Default Re: Favorite breakfast food?

porridge with rice milk - sometimes with cinammon and raisins.

Talking Re: Favorite breakfast food?

i just got this amazing recipe for vegan french toast and i think that french toast is now my favorite food. period. not breakfast foods specifically. all food.

yuummmm!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

french toast *drools*

share the recipe?

Scrambled tofu on toast with onions and mushrooms through it and grilled tomato!MMMMMmmmmmm!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Almond butter and jam sandwiches on whole wheat bread.
    Everyone needs a little mercy.

I like plain oatmeal
    But at the moment I am liking crunchola with soy milk. Crunchola is like granola - it is just oats that are sweetened with fruit juice and toasted. It comes in apple-cinnamon and apple-blueberry. Both are delicious.

I only eat toast if I am craving peanut butter. Not a toast fan. Sometimes I eat blueberry pancakes, but most of the time I am too damn lazy to make them

Normally I have 2 apples for breakfast. Not the most balanced thing ever, I guess, but it's my habit.
    I always want some ice cold fruit or fruit juice in the morning. I'm not one of those people who can wake up to a full-course cooked meal, eek.
    I do love cooked breakfast foods like pancakes & tofu scramble, though. I have tofu scramble for dinner sometimes as a treat.

Flaxjacks or Tofu Rancheros (Tofu scrambler smothered in veggie chili... soooo good)

My favorite restaurant serves both of these and since its too expensive to eat there as much as I would like, I have had to learn to make them on my own - not quite as good but still very tasty.

Quote Shmeeeee
    Flaxjacks or Tofu Rancheros (Tofu scrambler smothered in veggie chili... soooo good)
    Wow, the Tofu Ranchero sounds yum.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

VeganJohn

Good old beans on toast after a night on the tiles, at the minute I'm just having toast for breakfast.

I like a good cooked brekky though, plenty of mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, baked beans, veggie sausages and ketchup. Even a bit of hummus on the plate. Washed down with a cup of hot chocolate!!

Mmmm, sounds good. Add some hash browns though & brown sauce!

I also like porridge with a little mixed spice & golden syrup (tastes a bit like bread pudding actually). Lovely. Or I add whatever fruit I have about to it. Or bran flakes with banana & soya milk, or crumpets with marmite or jam.

Scrambled tofu with onions, peppers & a vegan cheese slice is good too with wholegrain bread but I never have time for big breakfasts unless its my day off. Probably a good thing that!!!
    While there are still slaughter houses, there will still be battle fields - Tolstoy

Bowl of fresh, organic fruits or fruit smoothies. I can't stomach much else first thing in the morning.

Organic muesli with sweetened soya milk. Keeps hunger at bay for hours.

Usually have a mix of different healthy types of cereal with some sultanas or banana with soya milk.

Otherwise it's one of these:

Porridge with sultanas and cinnamon.

Cooked breakfast: Redwoods sausages, fried tomato, mushrooms, curry beans, hash browns, onion rings.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

In summer, 3-4 mangoes, 2 pcs of almonds.

Manish Jain

mango woman

Tons and tons of fruit. For example, this is what i'm eating for breakfast right now:

i kiwi, 1 banana, 1 pear, 1 cup diced cantaloupe, 10 purple grapes

topped with 2 tbsp flax, 1 pureed mango, and "oatmeal" [3 tbsp hard wheat, 3 tbsp rye-wheat-barley flake mix, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp raisins, and a little cinnamon]

Oink.

in the uk-- noodle soup

in the us-- amy's rice and bean burritos
    hannah, 28 (vegan), bryce, 28 (ovolacto), xylia born january 2005 (vegan)

I had tofu with noodles for breakfast today I quite like having savoury dinner type things for breakfast sometimes.

VeganJohn

I had a gorgeous cooked breakfast today. I had cherry tomatoes, baked beans on ciabatta bread, redwood sausages, hash browns and gorgeous field mushrooms. A little bit of tomato ketchup too.

Mmmmmm.

Stu

Quote Vickythevegan
    crumpets with marmite
    You sick puppy.

VeganJohn

Quote Cherry
    I had tofu with noodles for breakfast today I quite like having savoury dinner type things for breakfast sometimes.
    I do too. I think cold pizza is particularly great for breakfast :>

mango woman

i agree

Quote Stu
    You sick puppy.
    Don't tell me you are in the "Hate it" camp?

I have marmite on so many things! Love it!!! I have got my flatmate eating marmite & beans on toast. We live with loads of Irish girls & for some reason they all hate it. They think I'm sick too But they bring a slab of butter to the dinner table & I've seen them plaster potato waffles with it - thats just crazy! Now waffles with marmite... Mmmmm!
    While there are still slaughter houses, there will still be battle fields - Tolstoy

Mikey

Talking Re: Favorite breakfast food?

Usually, we have some kind of fruit or fruit salad, and nuts; or some of our raw cereal (made in our food dehydrator), with raisins and other dehydrated fruit and raw slivered almonds and/or raw sunflower seeds mixed in, topped with almond, rice or soy milk.....that's a good nutritious start to the day!

mango woman

Man, i am really on this pureed fruit kick. Today i had 2 bananas, 1 kiwi and about 1.5 cups of diced cantaloupe topped with 3 tbsp hemp granola, 3 tbsp ground flaxseed, and 20 pureed frozen grapes. YUM.

mmmm.. marmite... i am definitely not a hater

Mikey

Thumbs up Re: Favorite breakfast food?

Quote Vickythevegan
    Don't tell me you are in the "Hate it" camp? I have marmite on so many things! Love it!!! We live with loads of Irish girls & for some reason they all hate it. They think I'm sick too
    Oh noooo.....i *love* the taste of Marmite/Bovril!!!!! I've had either of them since i was a kid, on breads and toast, before i adopted a raw vegan diet; my dad's British, so my relatives in the UK would have it, and that's how i was introduced to it, while visiting with them in England, during part of our summer vacations.....and all i can say is mmmmm!!!!! Although, i've always had to eat it very thinly/sparingly spread, 'cos the flavour is so strong; but very *nice* nonetheless! Thumbs up!

I've been on an oatmeal kick lately. Mmm plain oatmeal made with soy milk instead of water, sweetened with agave nectar, and with a few pinches of cinnamon.

Curry!!!! Or anything left over from the previous nights dinner! lol

mango woman

Quote Tigerlily
    I've been on an oatmeal kick lately. Mmm plain oatmeal made with soy milk instead of water, sweetened with agave nectar, and with a few pinches of cinnamon.
    I second that. I'm eating some right now, with raisins instead of agave.

Quote Mikey
    Oh noooo.....i *love* the taste of Marmite/Bovril!!!!! I've had either of them since i was a kid, on breads and toast, before i adopted a raw vegan diet; my dad's British, so my relatives in the UK would have it, and that's how i was introduced to it, while visiting with them in England, during part of our summer vacations.....and all i can say is mmmmm!!!!! Although, i've always had to eat it very thinly/sparingly spread, 'cos the flavour is so strong; but very *nice* nonetheless! Thumbs up!
    Yes true, you can't spread it on too thick. Although I manage to get through a jar really fast so I must use quite a lot.

I wish I could survive on fruit for breakfast, it sounds so nice and healthy! I need carbs though or I'll be hungry long before lunch. This morning I had a bagel with peanut butter and strawberry jam. Was lovely! I've just bought a mixture of seeds high in omega oils so I'm going to start having that on my cereal in the mornings

Mikey

Smile Re: Favorite breakfast food?

Well, we *do* have carbs with our fruit usually, Vicky; in the form of our raw muesli type cereal we make up in our food deyhdrator....along with some nuts, as a protein food. We never go more than roughly 3 hours without eating *something* though, as this properly supports/stablilizes the blood sugar and metabolism.....so we have snacks in between our meals, such as carrot and celery sticks, or broccoli and cauliflower sprigs, which we dip in some garlic hummus.....yum, yum, yum!!!!!

Smoothies are good too but they never fill me up. Do you think adding powdered almonds would bulk it up? I already add ground flax.

I made Banana Bread for breakfast one day last week. The recipe was from How it all Vegan. It was soooo good! I just wanted to keep eating it and eating it.

Quote Mikey
    Well, we *do* have carbs with our fruit usually, Vicky; in the form of our raw muesli type cereal we make up in our food deyhdrator....along with some nuts, as a protein food. We never go more than roughly 3 hours without eating *something* though, as this properly supports/stablilizes the blood sugar and metabolism.....so we have snacks in between our meals, such as carrot and celery sticks, or broccoli and cauliflower sprigs, which we dip in some garlic hummus.....yum, yum, yum!!!!!
    Raw diet does sound so healthy, I would like to eat more raw foods. I don't think I could do it 100% of the time though as I love cooked food too much (oh dear that sounds like what meateaters say)! I have a lot of respect for people who do though. I have met one raw vegan & I was asking him so many questions he must have been bored senseless!!!

mango woman

Quote Vickythevegan
    I have met one raw vegan & I was asking him so many questions he must have been bored senseless!!!
    I felt bad when i was talking to mikey on msn a while ago, i was asking so many questions just because its sooo interesting and i'd love to eat as much raw as possible.. but i must have bored him to tears!

When I'm on a cold cereal kick it has to be Shredded Wheat 'n Bran with soy milk. I should get some fruit to go with it though.
    ""Who can be good if he knows not who he is?”
    -Epictetus

I looooooooooove pancakes but just feel completely stuffed afterwards. Sometimes all I can face is a cappuccino.

Oatmeal is the be-all and end-all of breakfasts for me. As long as I'm having the sort of day that I can face a real breakfast, oatmeal it is! Preferably with applesauce or bananas & spices stirred in OR peanut butter and homemade jam. Try it. It's *delicious*. When I'm looking for a lighter breakfast, fruit smoothies it is. My favourite smoothie is about equal parts of frozen berries and soymilk with 1-2 tbsp of ground flax stirred in. (... not courtesy of the blender, however. Stir with a spoon/spatula. It sticks to the edges of my blender like mad.) Alternatively, whole wheat or multigrain toast with peanut butter and/or jam or applesauce and fresh fruit are great! I always try to incorporate as many food groups as I can into my breakfast to get off to a good start- so not *just* oatmeal or toast, but including some "milk", fruit/veggies, protein sources, omega-3s, etc.

You are good. I have been so lazy lately that I have just been eating plain oatmeal with nothing else coz I can;t be bothered

i usually eat:
    1 tbs og applecider vinegar
    i cup of detox tea
    a smoothie made from soymilk, some frozen berrys and some banana.
    or
    a cup of soyalatté if i feel really tired or not into something big.
    and of course, my vitamins!

i'd really like a juicer, though. but boy - they're exepensive.

This morning, I had onion bhajees with sweet chili sauce for breakfast . It was very nice indeed.

I like Ployes with Earth Balance and maple syrup
    When you are guided by compassion and loving-kindness, you are able to look deeply into the heart of reality and see the truth.--Thich Nhat Hanh

Psst... leftover pasta with cinnamon, sugar, flax and a bit of margarine is also really yummy for an offbeat breakfast. (Insert blush here ;D) I got the idea from the Vegetarian Family Cookbook and it's actually *really* yummy when you have leftover noodles or spaghetti, haha.

Today I had oatmeal and I cooked the strawberries in it and then I used agave nectar for the sweetner. Yum! I also had a cup of coffee too, I don't drink coffee at breakfast very often anymore but today I felt like it.

roxy, my boyfriends getting a tattoo today at a shop and someone told me thats where how it all vegan's authors husband works! i dont know if its true or not but that would be cool.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Is he vegan too? If so, it would be cool!

vegan1969

rolled oats topped with walnuts, milled flax seed, wheat germ, 1/2 tsp brown rice syrup and blueberries........I eat this almost every morning

Just cereal, all bran, with soy milk for me or an apple

cereal w/ vanilla soymilk. or a soy-smoothie. or fruitsalad. or leftovers. or soy yoghurt w/ sugerfree jam. or rolls w/ jam. or toast w/ tahini and jam. or oatmeal. or something danish called Øllebrød. and juice.