Thread: Prince Charles and Farming.

princessemma

Default Prince Charles and Farming.

I just saw a feature on the news about Prince Charles views on farming and as a rule I don't like Royalty in any way shape or form. He said that he believed if you kept an animal well then it was alright for them to 'give you' the meat in return (did anyone agree this with the animal?) so I wanted to slap him. But he did say that farming has progressed too quickly and I am wondering if that might reach out to a few hardened 'carnivores' and get them to think about factory farming?
    What does everyone else think?

Default Re: Prince Charles and Farming.

Quote princessemma
    I just saw a feature on the news about Prince Charles views on farming and as a rule I don't like Royalty in any way shape or form. He said that he believed if you kept an animal well then it was alright for them to 'give you' the meat in return (did anyone agree this with the animal?) so I wanted to slap him. But he did say that farming has progressed too quickly and I am wondering if that might reach out to a few hardened 'carnivores' and get them to think about factory farming?
    What does everyone else think?
    I think the guy is a pompus double standarded twat. He says one thing, then does another. He talks about animal welfare, then goes fox hunting. He's a celeb, what do you expect?
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Gliondrach

One of Charles Windsor's (or should it be Mountbatten/Battenburg?) predecesors, in the job that he is apprenticed to, was treated well before they cut his head off. I wonder if he thinks that was all right?

cross barer

He is really into organic farming so he's probably theoretically against factory farms and that's what he was getting at.

By the way, why do you guys still have a royal family? Off with their heads etc.

Stupid royal family for the most part anyway.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Quote adam antichrist
    you guys still have a royal family?
    what do you mean 'you'?

Isn't australia one of the british empire's little colonial islands somewhere the other side of the world that her majesty sends criminals to?
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

cross barer

Quote Mr Flibble
    what do you mean 'you'?

Isn't australia one of the british empire's little colonial islands somewhere the other side of the world that her majesty sends criminals to?
    She used to but the criminals were too scared of me and promised to be good if she let them stay in Merrie Olde. So you have her to blame for that too.

The only thing reminding you there is even still a queen in existence is that once in a while you lick the back of her head to send mail. Oh and she's on the coins as well, but that could be anybody.

Gliondrach

Quote adam antichrist
    She used to but the criminals were too scared of me and promised to be good if she let them stay in Merrie Olde. So you have her to blame for that too.

The only thing reminding you there is even still a queen in existence is that once in a while you lick the back of her head to send mail. Oh and she's on the coins as well, but that could be anybody.
    She's still the head of state in Oz. You don't want her, we don't want her, but she won't take the hint. We wouldn't need a president if we didn't have a monarch. Tony Benn, who knows even more about the constitution than I, told me that the PM and Speaker of the House of Commons could carry out all the duties and functions of the head of state between them. Come the revolution, when we have a republic, I will insist that we still have a crown and use the world 'royal', but these will be applied to the nation and the people, and not to one family. That way, we can still have the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy, and majors and sergeants-major can still wear crowns on their uniforms.

we'll trade you a prime minister for your queen

cross barer

Quote abrennan
    LOL

Quote martin
    the PM and Speaker of the House of Commons could carry out all the duties and functions of the head of state between them.
    That's how it is here, we don't need a royal to do anything. Unfortunately the whole Republican issue in Australia is a way that the government manipulates the population to distract from real issues.

A few years back when they were seeking to bring in new taxes which effectively made every dollar in your pocket worth only 90 cents they had this big republican issue. Guess what? We got no republic, but the new tax.

Quote gliondracula
    Come the revolution, when we have a republic, I will insist that we still have a crown and use the world 'royal', but these will be applied to the nation and the people, and not to one family. That way, we can still have the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy, and majors and sergeants-major can still wear crowns on their uniforms
    This is a very good point, and something I had not previously considered. I oppose the republic because it doesn't seem to cost us any money to be part of the commonwealth. However it will cost a fortune if we have to change every letterhead in the country, every emblem, every flag, every article of currency etc. I suppose not everything has to be changed.

I would much prefer Australia to leave the commonwealth because the people of england said 'enoughs enough' and forced the disbanding of the commonwealth by the removal of the royal family. That way, at least those billions of dollars tucked away in real estate and other assets owned by the royal family might get filtered down to the population.

Not much chance in real life though, is there?

I don't have to like royalty. I don't have to agree whole-heartedly with Charles' philosophy but damned if I can't find an opportunity to further vegan interests.

I got hunting-enthusiasts, steak-eaters etc to sign petition for legislation to ban live-exports. = use what you can, leave the rest for another day.
    the only animal ingredient in my food is cat hair

Gliondrach

Quote adam antichrist
    I would much prefer Australia to leave the commonwealth because the people of england said 'enoughs enough' and forced the disbanding of the commonwealth by the removal of the royal family. That way, at least those billions of dollars tucked away in real estate and other assets owned by the royal family might get filtered down to the population.

Not much chance in real life though, is there?
    No, let's keep the Commonwealth, but make it work properly to benefit all.

People of England? Britain! Or, more accuratley, the UK.

Gliondrach

Quote pat sommer
    I don't have to like royalty. I don't have to agree whole-heartedly with Charles' philosophy but damned if I can't find an opportunity to further vegan interests.

I got hunting-enthusiasts, steak-eaters etc to sign petition for legislation to ban live-exports. = use what you can, leave the rest for another day.
    Yes, use what you can. Charlie might one day see the light. One of his plants, during their conversations, might persuade him to be compassionate.

Quote abrennan
    Antony - why on earth would you want queenie?

Quote Gliondrach
    No, let's keep the Commonwealth, but make it work properly to benefit all.

People of England? Britain! Or, more accuratley, the UK.
    Well said Martin - there is too much parochialism (spelling?) in this country and too many people outside think England equates with Britain..... tut

Pilaf

Quote Gliondrach
    Yes, use what you can. Charlie might one day see the light. One of his plants, during their conversations, might persuade him to be compassionate.

lol are you kidding me? It's the plants' fault that so many people are still carnivores. Ever talked to a plant? They tend to say "Don't eat us..we're bad for you! Eat MEAT!"

There was something in the paper the other day about Prince Charles lobbying Blair for a badger cull, because he thinks they're responsible for spreading TB in his cattle
    There was quite a backlash against his interview last week where he made the case for organic farming. Really, if the guy was serious about the environment and sustainability he would renounce his royalty and live like a real organic farmer. Then it would be much easier for him to talk about these issues without Joe Bloggs saying "It's all very well for you to say that! You're a f****ng prince! "

Gliondrach

Quote Pilaf
    lol are you kidding me? It's the plants' fault that so many people are still carnivores. Ever talked to a plant? They tend to say "Don't eat us..we're bad for you! Eat MEAT!"
    No, plants are very evolved beings and would rather sacrifice their lives to save others.

Gliondrach

Someone should remind Charles that the French had a royalty and aristocracy cull a couple of hundred years ago. They thought they had good reason.

most plants that we eat die in order to to reproduce, unlike animals who reproduce whilst staying alive.

I heard the prince is going to tour the US, mebbe they'll keep him

Gliondrach

They are there now. I saw them on telly news an hour ago.

princessemma

I do not like the Royal Family at all and I knew there would be strong feelings about this. Personally I'd like to sack the entire Royal family put the Queen on a standard UK pention and stick the rest of them in hostels. I mean they hunt and fish and live on cloud cuckoo. I just thought that maybe people who are royalists and carnivores might at least stop eating factory farmed meat and hey anything is better than nothing isn't it?

Gliondrach

There'll only be a few more generations of them - perhaps two.

Bring back lady Di, what have you done with her.

I reckon you're stuck with them, you'll never get rid of them you just slowly down grade them until they become tourista attractions.

Haven't some European countries downgraded their royals so they are no longer using taxpayers money by the truckload and they don't live in big palaces.

Gliondrach

That happened to my family. I am the rightful king of Outer Mongolia.

I am also persuing my claim to the throne of the British Isles. Anyone who helps me, with money, will be made a peer.

Quote Gliondrach
    That happened to my family. I am the rightful king of Outer Mongolia.

I am also persuing my claim to the throne of the British Isles. Anyone who helps me, with money, will be made a peer.
    I'll help you, send all your money to me and I'll sort it out nicely