Thread: Proud of myself

mango woman

Default Proud of myself

I just had to post this, sorry! I've been vegan successfully now for almost two weeks. it seems like such a little length of time-but i'm so proud of myself. I can't believe i ever consumed animal products. This is the most i've improved multiple aspects of my life by making one decision. in general i feel 900% healthier and always seem to be in a better mood AND i don't get my signature stomach aches all the time like i used to!

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: Proud of myself

Way to go! You'll continue to reap the rewards of being vegan...it just keeps getting better!

well done you!! it is such a great feeling
    'Never eat more than you can lift' - 'Miss Piggy' :p

Great work Theashleybeyer

I agree with CC there is more better to come. It seems to me that if you really apply yourself as fully as you can to something then other things begin to fall into place.

may you come to realise the sources of happiness

Antony

yogini

good stuff!!! keep it up !!!
    :rolleyes: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, its a shrieking root vegetable! :D

Gliondrach

Well done, Ashley. You can do it! It does get better. After you've been vegan for a bit longer, you will be given the secret code words and handshakes that will enable other vegans to recognise you in social gatherings.

Keep the Faith.

Regards,

Martin, Keeper of the Words.

Pilaf

Congratulations.

And remember, it's a journey. True, 100% veganism is an ideal at this point in time.. an ideal that few can truely achieve and maintain, because every time we turn around, we discover that animals are exploited in one way or another for everything...

It's a very admirable start to begin by refusing to ever consume animal products again. Then, we must look to our clothing.. we musn't wear clothing made of wool, leather, silk or any other animal product ever again. The shoes are the hardest part. If it's convenient enough for you, it's also a moral question to choose to wear sweatshop labor clothing or not.

Even after all that, the struggle continues..we find out that the hygiene products we take for granted were mostly tested on animals in cruel and inhumane ways, and the journey continues.. so far, despite my best efforts and closing on a year of veganism, I'm sadly only about 60% vegan. I've given up the food and clothing, but I sadly am not yet at the stage in my life that I can afford to mail order cruelty free hygiene products all the time.. though I do it when I can.

So remember, don't get discouraged if you find out you're accidentally not 100% yet. It's an ideal.. a noble ideal, and it IS achievable, but for some it takes years. Your heart's in the right place, though, as are all ours, and I commend you.

congradulations!!!