Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crafty ways to end ignorance

Lightbulb Crafty ways to end ignorance

I wanted to start this thread because of a conversation that was going on in the animals forum about how to help convince friends and family or ANYBODY how cruel the meat, egg and dairy industry is. Geoff gave the following input:

"There are a lot of things one can do to 'convince' people to become vegan without having to confront them: Copy and distribute PETAs 'Veganism In A Nutshell or 'Meet Your Meat', Leave vegan magazines etc in waiting areas, donate books to libraries, give away 10% of your income (or whatever) to organisations promoting veganism or helping the hungry with vegan food like Vegfam.
    My daughter has covered the walls of her toilet with animal rights and veg posters which promotes a lot of interest.
    I put posters in the back window of my car to give following drivers something to read and think about.
    I admire the Jehovas Witnesses and Mormons who feel so strongly about their beliefs that they doorknock houses to tell others. Surely, if we care about the animals, we should be doing all we can to convince others."

I thought it would be a neat idea if we all brainstormed up some ideas for distributing literature. I like the idea about leaving literature in waiting areas. Surely someone in a doctor's waiting room would sit long enough to read...and being in a doctor's office...maybe they would be thinking more deeply about their own health. Anyway...I'll start by naming something that I plan to do right away:

1. Send information via email to everyone in my address book and ESPECIALLY start sending a lot of it to people who forward everything in the world to me! I'll think I'll start by sending just some terrible photographs from slaughterhouses and explaining their origin.

Thanks for reading!

I have some leaflets and whenever I catch the bus, I leave a leaflet on the seat or some way attach it to the back of the seat in front, or leave it in the free newspaper thats always available on board. One of the leaflets, a viva leaflet, has a child smoking a fag and eating a burger. This is great at the moment, being school summer hols and all. Either way, the leaflet is there to be read in the persons own time, no pressures.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Michelle
    Anyway...I'll start by naming something that I plan to do right away:
    1. Send information via email to everyone in my address book and ESPECIALLY start sending a lot of it to people who forward everything in the world to me! I'll think I'll start by sending just some terrible photographs from slaughterhouses and explaining their origin.

Thanks for reading!
    I relate to your zeal and passion to educate others! If you take this approach you have described, please know that you will likely upset, irritate and shock the recipients rather than open up a productive dialogue with them about sensible, conscious choices and transitioning towards better ecological, ethical, health and compassionate living. You might also end up exposing very young children to these gory photos unintentionally if you send a bulk mailing of this kind, and I know you wouldn't want to do that...

Perhaps just sending out email describing how you feel and what you have learned with an appropriate link like AFA where they can choose to sign up for a free "Vegan Starter Pack" from Action For Animals in Seattle. (WWW.afa-online.org)

Blessings and let me know what responses you get from whatever you send out!

In my signature on other,non animal message boards,i provide links to PETA(i am not a big fan of them,but they provide good info on their site) and Animal Aid.

It is only a small step,but if it makes a couple of people visit the sites who wouldnt otherwise,then it is worth it.

ConsciousCuisine: While I do believe that people need to see these gory things, I know you are right about the children. I do want to shock people into thinking about this, but I don't want them to start avoiding me while they keep eating meat, so I get your point.

St George: That's an idea, and I suppose it is a start.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm obsessing. I've been home sick for a couple of days with energy to do no more than surf around and watch videos like "Meet Your Meat". This is all stemming from my recent decision to go vegan. I haven't felt this strongly against eating meat since 1996 when I first went veggie, ya know? Anyway...I'm very thankful that you guys are here letting me vent. Maybe I'll go take a nap and chill

ConsciousCuisine

I understand and agree! People DO need to know that they are believing lies that have been told to us all about meat and the treatment of animals in general, not to mention the ecological and health issues raised by consuming animal products!

I feel so intensely about this that it makes me too uncomfortable, sad, irritated and so on to even eat with others eating meat or animal products! I have been in "Vegan Exile" for a while now, because I just feel so strongly that it's no good for the meat-eaters (or for my well-being either) to mingle at meal time...on the plus side, I get to educate several new people daily when I work with clients! I often don't even mention the term "vegan" but stick to talking in terms of choosing more "whole foods, natural, plant-based foods, high fiber, antioxidant rich, mineral rich, natural, good-Karma foods, eating low on the food chain and cruelty-free" and so on. I have helped more people this way, by tempering -without watering down-my zeal to educate and empower others. I find it satisfying when I hear a 64 year old client (who has never tried soy or rice milk even) switching to almond milk for her breakfast cereal and that she likes it "even more than milk! And no cholesterol!" . I know that being more gentle is the way I reach more people. It has taken a long time for me to get to this point, and I still can get a bit didactic! (I am only human...)

I owe some of the credit to Blake. I have an 11 year old "Vegan Avenger" for a daughter. She is outspoken and still very kind to others and EXTREMELY aware (in that pre-teen way girls can be) of others feelings and reactions. It is a joy to see her develop tact and compassion...not just for the animals, but for those still eating them! She teaches me by example to be more kind and gentle in my delivery...

Blessings~

Putting leaflets on the back of toilet doors is a good idea. Try doing it at your university if you can. I’m going to put some up about fur and leather in the toilets that the fashion students use. I know a lot of them and some are even happy to use fur! If I manage to change just one of there minds they might change the minds of there future employers.

You could also stick some up on the back of the changing room door in shops, by the time they notice it’s there they won’t know who put it there.

wuggy

When there was an anti-'Boots' campaign (British chemist chainstore), I went in to a few stores with bundles of anti Boots leaflets, took the Boots own leaflets out of their dispensers, and replaced them with the campaign ones. As they had the 'Boots' logo on the front, shoppers were taking them with them to read, only to be shocked by the evidence in front of them (i.e Boots torture Beagles, etc.).
    Also I have spent hours before mailing all my neighbours with helpful leaflets.

I'm a member of a couple of other forums, and most people in them know me as the resident 'animal rights nutter'. But I have a good reputation for being helpful and non abusive. So I do post quite a few things about AR on there - often causing massive debates (see here for an example http://forums.handbag.com/showthread...hreadid=182950 )

I can honestly say, going by the amount of emails and private messages I get on the subject, I've managed to single-handedly 'challenge' quite a few peoples views, and their eating and shopping habits.

I also have a signature on my emails, that automatically sends out a link of my choosing - this week it's 'Meet your meat' from Peta - to anyone I mail or reply to.

And you can't miss the sticker in the back of my car - simple and thought provoking, and you have no choice but to read it when stuck behind me in a jam!
    ~I used to be sane but it drove me mad~

Quote wuggy
    When there was an anti-'Boots' campaign (British chemist chainstore), I went in to a few stores with bundles of anti Boots leaflets, took the Boots own leaflets out of their dispensers, and replaced them with the campaign ones. As they had the 'Boots' logo on the front, shoppers were taking them with them to read, only to be shocked by the evidence in front of them (i.e Boots torture Beagles, etc.).
    Haha, I like it!

Here in the uk theres a very popular bike ride from London to Brighton ( only 57 miles )each year. Approx 27000 people enter the race to raise money for The British Heart Foundation who look into finding a cure for heart disease. This year myself, another veganforumer and six others ( all vegan ) did the ride in meat is murder t-shirts on old fashioned butchers bikes with the aim to promote prevention is better than cure. We handed out various leaflets along the way inluding some promoting www.britishheartlessfoundation.com . Just to be clear, we didn't enter the ride ourselves. Theres always next year.

wuggy

Saw that posted on Vegan Village, Gertvegan - great thinking!

Talking I had a cunning plan!

I found out the hard way that being militant about veganism just doesn't work, I suppose any psychologist could have told me that. It just p*sses people off.
    So today I tried a different approach and trollied off to my local supermarket having first made my hair all curly with tongs, put loads of makeup on (vegan of course) and worn my best gear.
    Arrived at the checkout looking great and smiling and people actually stopped to see what was in my trolley - I chatted with several people about what my health secret was. I started out saying I was on a vegan diet as a cure for my arthritis and had felt so fantastic on it I'd never go back to eating animal products again.
    There was a lot of interest Yes I know, using feminine wiles is a rotten cheat but who cares, it got people interested
    Silent but deadly :p

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: I had a cunning plan!

Who doesn't like a little sugar ?

Woohoo! good going, Hemlock

Blueshark

Quote Hemlock
    I found out the hard way that being militant about veganism just doesn't work, I suppose any psychologist could have told me that. It just p*sses people off.
    So today I tried a different approach and trollied off to my local supermarket having first made my hair all curly with tongs, put loads of makeup on (vegan of course) and worn my best gear.
    Arrived at the checkout looking great and smiling and people actually stopped to see what was in my trolley - I chatted with several people about what my health secret was. I started out saying I was on a vegan diet as a cure for my arthritis and had felt so fantastic on it I'd never go back to eating animal products again.
    There was a lot of interest Yes I know, using feminine wiles is a rotten cheat but who cares, it got people interested
    Nice one. And whats more it probably made you feel good.

Pilaf

Default Re: Crafty ways to end ignorance

I actually became vegan because a really cute vegan girl in a chat room said she would only have sex with vegan guys.

Did you get to meet her, Pilaf?
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I think the best way to represent veganism and push the agenda is to be mentally and physically healthy (at least pretend he, he), and to be kind to others - even if they make us angry with all sorts of things they say and do. So many omnis stereotype vegans as being mentally unstable misanthropes, who cares more about animals than humans. It's so far from the truth - the vegans I know (myself included) care deeply about their fellow human beings and all human related issues of this world. I think veganism strengten one's compassion period. I do, however, often feel depressed about all the animal cruelty and violence perpetrated against people. But I think it's normal, it's a sign that I'm a thinking compassionate being, not only absorbed and preoccupied by my own personal problems.

Havings said that, I do belive in taking it a little further and try to impact people by giving flyers to friends, co-workers etc. I also put a few in my gym and in places such as doctor and dentist offices. That way people can "discover" it on their own without feeling pressured or 'judged' by someone they don't know handing out flyers.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Pilaf

Quote RedWellies
    Did you get to meet her, Pilaf?

Hehehe...not yet. I'm gonna meet her sometime next year I believe.

At this point I don't really care about the adult stuff anymore. I just wanna meet the girl who showed me the light in person.

When I leave pamphlets in the dorm bathroom, someone always puts them in the garbage!

This morning I slipped pamphlets under people's doors. I don't know if that's allowed, but the chinese food restaurants always put menus under our doors...
    I eat nutritional yeast by the spoonful.

Pilaf

I try to be more discreet than that. I leave them in library books I borrow, etc. Or just slip them between books at the library or behind videos at the video stores.

You guys are so creative...I love it! Library books, huh...
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

I make mental notes on appropriate news items (non AR sources) to drop into conversation... 1 in every 100 pints of milk has MAP bacterium (TB) or the amount of putrifying waste in average male omni gut. trying to act shocked while recounting details is half the fun!

No, I don't expect it wins over converts but it is the carrot-and-stick routine as I then extole the virtues of falafel for lunch. Try some?
    the only animal ingredient in my food is cat hair

Many great ideas here...bathroom doors, library books, and I love the boots one I'd love to do something similar with leather jackets.

I was had to fly this weekend, and I wish I had some vegan pamphlets/magazines to leave in the airplane seat pockets, behind the safety instructions, so that the flight attendants won't see them and throw them out. And of course some pamphlets in airport waiting areas would be great too! So much waiting is involved in flying and bored people will read just about anything, so it might as well be something useful and thought-provoking
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

Quote kriz
    I do, however, often feel depressed about all the animal cruelty and violence perpetrated against people. But I think it's normal, it's a sign that I'm a thinking compassionate being, not only absorbed and preoccupied by my own personal problems.
    you're so right.. its strange. lately, i feel all i think about is the world's problems. the animals, 3rd world countries, etc. etc. and then people around me talk about things like "ooh did you hear about that rapper that got arrested?" or "this & this happened at a nightclub" and i'm too pre-occupied thinking about the world and how i can change it, & these other things just seem so petty in comparison.

at least its something to care about other than your own problems, like you said :/

btw, i'm all for educating others in this way! if i wasnt so lazy and i had more time, i would do the same sorts of things.

in fact, when i first became vegan, i had another vegan friend (who i dont talk to anymore now) & we used to go round the supermarkets with those stickers that say "hi my name is....& i usded to be alive" & we'd write names and put them on the frozen chickens & hams!

hehe

When receiving charity appeals from organizations that fund/practice vivisection, I use their own freepost envelopes to send back anti-vivisection information to them.

Quote Michelle
    I thought it would be a neat idea if we all brainstormed up some ideas for distributing literature.
    Thanks for reading!
    Thank you for writing!
    I am in a skills swap club in my local area. Members do things for each other that they are good at and receive a credit for each hour or part hour they work. You can "spend" your credits too!
    Its a really good way to get to know people in your local area and time banks or time exchanges are set up in many areas !
    One of my "skills" is vegan cookery so every once in a while I cook vegan meals at our local community cafe. Its really hard work cooking for 30+ people! This month I am doing a vegan only night, only vegan food allowed. I have recruited my arabic neighbour whose skill is cooking halal middle eastern food. She has promised to chop the veggies and make middle eastern salad. I am planning to do veg bolognaise, risotto, hummus, melon, and fuit salad and ice cream. I have been sent a load of literature from the vegetarian society, the vegan society, animal aid, and Viva, but I am not sure of the best way to distribute it. Should I keep it behind the counter and give it to people with their meal, or should I just leave it on a table? The customeers are usually a real mix, mostly working class, a few people with learning disabilities and quite a few children ages 8-14.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Ive just thought around where i live we have different bins for different waste, now if i was to walk along my street and look at which house uses the bins correctly the people who live there have a tendancy to care, so their house would be a good start to post a leaflet on veganisum and animal cruelty.

Quote gertvegan
    Here in the uk theres a very popular bike ride from London to Brighton ( only 57 miles )each year. Approx 27000 people enter the race to raise money for The British Heart Foundation who look into finding a cure for heart disease. This year myself, another veganforumer and six others ( all vegan ) did the ride in meat is murder t-shirts on old fashioned butchers bikes with the aim to promote prevention is better than cure. We handed out various leaflets along the way inluding some promoting www.britishheartlessfoundation.com . Just to be clear, we didn't enter the ride ourselves. Theres always next year.
    I love this idea. This has given me the idea to do this at the Cancer Research marathons www.raceforlife.org Gertvegan which are the best leaflets to hand out, leaflets promoting veganism? I am going to bring up this idea at our next AR meeting.

I think a really important thing we should all be doing to help end vivisection is to inform the public what some unethical charities spend their donation money on

VeganJohn

The http://www.britishheartlessfoundation.com/ is an excellent link. Amazing what people are blind to......

cheers for the link to that site. i've copied some info off it, to send to my mum. she tells me that its cool i stand up for my beliefs, but she says i am too obsessed and take it too far when it comes to charities, cos "cancer is such a killer" yeah well i wanna show her that theres charities out there who DONT use animals.. & why,

my email sig is my primary means, but it's a very tricky thing because people are motivated by different things, and can erect a bit of a sheild if they are approached in the wrong way.

For instance, although i've been a compassionate pet owner for many years, and have called the humane society a few times when i've witnessed animal abuse, i've never been big on animal rights...and still am not too keen on that angle.

The bigger picture motivated me...the billions and billions of tortured, mutilated, sentient beings is mass produced suffering in my eyes. It's like the earth's some kind of great machine pumping the universe full of suffering. Like some kind of futuristic horror film. If someone would have tried to sell veganism to me from the angle of individual animals needing rights i would have most likely rejected the pitch, or just agreed that we should treat animals well before we killed and ate them.

But since going vegan, and gaining more info i think some of the most powerfully persuasive tools we have are the environmental impacts of livestock farming, and the incredible disease prevention information revealed in the china study.

my email sig (some of the sats may be inaccurate, but they provoke a reaction nontheless):

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." ~Albert Einstein
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Resources consumed to put 1lb of beef on your plate:
    2500-5000 gallons of water
    16 lbs of grain
    1.7 gallons of oil
    5lbs of antibiotics
    3lbs of growth hormones
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.5 acres of land can feed 23 people if vegetables are produced or... 1 person if beef is produced
    now watch this shit
    Viva Vegan!

Quote VeganJohn
    The http://www.britishheartlessfoundation.com/ is an excellent link. Amazing what people are blind to......
    I've seen that site. They do produce their own leaflet but this is quite focused on discrediting the British Heart foundation. A similar leaflet focusing on Cancer Research would be ideal for distributing at the Race for Life marathon. I found this one from PETA http://www.peta.org.uk/factsheet/fil...ID=138&pf=true
    This gives all the facts but is 5 pages long. Perhaps it could be redesigned into 1 leaflet though to make it more financially viable.

Romac, are you saying we should not focus on the issue of animal rights in order to win support? What do others think about this? That PETA factsheet does not mention animal rights once. Maybe that is the way to go as the majority of people do care about their own interests above animal suffering.

it's just what has the best chance of working with people i know. All my friends have always been concerned with environmental issues, but i've never heard any of them mention animals rights issues outside of wildlife conservation.

all it takes is to get people interested in one aspect and when they start reading all the other issues will open up to them.

i declared veganism to reduce suffering caused by commercial livestock farming practices so i'm a bit of a contradiction to my statement. But once i started reading about that all the other information came flooding in. I had no idea about the very important environmental and health issues, but if i had it may have swayed me over sooner.

i just wrote a lengthly email to my stepfather who suffers from hepatitis b which dramatically increases your chances of developing liver cancer. I told him about some of the information discussed in the china study regarding vegan diets virtually eliminatinating liver cancer development and promotion. He's ordered the book, and i'm hoping he goes vegan. He's open to the idea from a health stand-point but i'm sure once he starts reading all the other issues will fall into place for him.

if cancer, diabetes, and heart disease can get people to go vegan just spread the word to anyone you know with those conditions or anyone who worries about those diseases...which should be just about everyone in north america since they are the number 1 and 2 causes of death on this continent.
    Viva Vegan!

One of the strongest human motivations is the difficulty of holding 2 opposing views. This is known as cognitive dichotomy.
    Human unconsious minds will create a massive amount of strategies to avoid holding 2 opposing views.
    People will ignore and deny what they can't handle. Just refuse to see it.
    Also people don't like abandoning their views when they have a lot invested in them.
    This is partly why most people go veggie when they are fairly young. They don't have as much invested in their worldview.

So if you attempt to open people's eyes to cruelty they are only going to open their eyes if they are willing to let go of the other view, the view that says cruelty does not happen.
    Letting go of the view that cruelty doesn't exist is just beyond some people, and those people will rationalise it by saying we (vegans) are mad or extemeist. In this way they can deny our opinion has any value.

The other problem is that many people are not avid readers, and will not read anything unless they have to. For some people reading is actually hard work or very boring for them. Avid readers find this hard to appreciate but it's true.
    Because of this, a lot of leaflet campaigns are not very effective. It is imporant to only give leaflets to people who are interested. Otherwise they will be thrown away unread.
    By the way I am doing my Veggie food Night tonight. Hoping to convert a few people via their stomachs! And we have decided to give out leaflet packs with each meal. The leaflets that get left behind will be saved for next time!
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Email your entire list of contacts a petition to sign... hopefully they'll read a bit of the website and get thinking.
    It is a monstrous thing to do, to slay a unicorn...you have slain something pure and defenceless and you will have but a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.

Quote Pilaf
    I try to be more discreet than that. I leave them in library books I borrow, etc. Or just slip them between books at the library or behind videos at the video stores.
    Thanks Pilaf,
    I read your post literally before going to the library last night. So I slipped some Viva leaflets ("So you're an animal lover are you?") in the books and cd booklets. What a great idea!

That is a fanitastic idea -so simple but i've never thought of doing it before!! I have a whole uni library to fill now! - good job i dont go to a big library...

I tried putting leaflets up around my uni, and last yr i put up posters for the G8alternatives events but everything got taken down about 2 minutes after i put it up ... if only i knew who by...
    "Human Freedom, Animal Rights, One Struggle, One Fight!!"

Thumbs up Re: Crafty ways to end ignorance

Quote archaeopteryx
    When receiving charity appeals from organizations that fund/practice vivisection, I use their own freepost envelopes to send back anti-vivisection information to them.

I really like this idea... I think will be a good hobby to take up.

Quote herbwormwood
    One of the strongest human motivations is the difficulty of holding 2 opposing views. This is known as cognitive dichotomy.
    Human unconsious minds will create a massive amount of strategies to avoid holding 2 opposing views.
    People will ignore and deny what they can't handle. Just refuse to see it.
    Also people don't like abandoning their views when they have a lot invested in them.

!

Are you studying psych?

I defiantly think that appearing strong and healthy is the way to go. I lift weights for this reason. Unfortunately for me (on this one aspect) I have always had a small frame and don't really gain weight, just like my mom. One thing that is funny is that everyone believes that I am so small because I am a vegetarian, even though they knew me during the two years that I was not and my weight has not changed. Another thing that I do, when I bring a dish to my father or someone else, I don't include any "weird" foods like soy. Which I think makes vegetarianism seems easier.
    Oh, also I try not to go on any weird bents like how I wonder if potatoes have feelings in front of omnis. That would defiantly perpetuate the stereotype!
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

Default Ways to encourage others to go vegan, start buying stuff not tested on animals, etc

I live near Northfield shops. There is various stuff put up about not eating meat or whatver. I'm guessing that people have tried to remove them, but they are so firmly stuck. Anyone know what stuff firmily sticks things to telephone boxes, trees, etc? I have left paper because of animal welfare around. If ONE person puts stuff up around their area, then maybe we will have new vegans. Just think how much stuff ONE person could put up! I suggest not putting up "Go vegan". Put reasons for going vegan or whatever. How about if you are in the library and have finished using the internet, leave a website open with reasons to go vegan or whatever? How about putting things on your bags?

Default Re: Ways to encourage others to go vegan, start buying stuff not tested on animals, etc

When I go to the supermarket, I try to remember to bring my own leaflets about going veggie and I hand one to the cashier before I leave and ask them to read it and try to go veggie.

Being a paying customer, they're obliged to be polite to me

Has anyone ever tried giving a pamplet to a morman or jehovahs when they are doorknocking and trying to sell you the watchtower?
    Maybe even someone trying to sell you something or make you donate to a charity?
    Sometimes I think of doing this but I don't have any pamplets.
    Which pamplets do you use, the only ones I know of are Vegan Outreachs?
    'To repeat what others have said requires education, to challenge it requires brains.'

Quote Bluey
    Has anyone ever tried giving a pamplet to a morman or jehovahs when they are doorknocking and trying to sell you the watchtower?
    Maybe even someone trying to sell you something or make you donate to a charity?
    Sometimes I think of doing this but I don't have any pamplets.
    Which pamplets do you use, the only ones I know of are Vegan Outreachs?
    Yeah I kept 2 Jehovas for ages telling them about how God would not approve of factory farming and why we shouldn't eat meat. I don't even believe in God but didn't tell them that. I have a stack of Viva leaflets for next time they come

I just ordered some of Peta's "Being Boiled Hurts" stickers that I will stealthily stick on the lobster tanks at some of the local grocery stores.

http://www.petaliterature.com/prodin...?number=VEG309

"Destiny, or karma, depends upon what the soul has done about what it has become aware of."
    --
    Edgar Cayce

I volunteered at PETA a few months ago and they had these HUGE walls filled with various stickers. Needless to say, I grabbed more than I thought I'd ever need, although I'm now out. For about two weeks straight, ever chicken breast/leg/other slaughtered poultry product bore the following:
    WARNING: This package contains the decomposing corpse of a small tortured bird.

I thought maybe some little kid would ask what it was and his or her parents would either ignore it or feel obligated to explain how chickens are killed in order for them to eat it.

In fact, I actually bought a checkbook from PETA, with each check saying a various animal rights phrase (Go Vegetarian, Help Stop Animal Testing, etc).

Quote chickendude
    In fact, I actually bought a checkbook from PETA, with each check saying a various animal rights phrase (Go Vegetarian, Help Stop Animal Testing, etc).
    Oooh, I didn't know they had that! Now I have an excuse to shop...all in the name of vegan awareness, of course
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden