Thread: Farm Sanctuary!

Default Farm Sanctuary!

So, I finally had a chance to go to this place. It was wonderful! The group I went with wasn't quite expecting it to be so animal rights, so some of them were pretty shocked by the graphic posters and descriptions of factory farms, etc.

and.... I might have an internship there this winter!!! I'm so excited. It's just a matter of my dad saying it's okay, and my boyfriend not going crazy from never getting to see me...

I'm excited. I really hope I get to do it!

has anyone else ever been there?
    Overgrow the government!

Pilaf

Default Re: Farm Sanctuary!

Ahhh... awesome! I've been thinking of getting a tour of the Farm sancuary here in Tn, which is very similar.

Green,

What a trip, I was just talking to my bf about going there in the spring.
    How was the food, sleeping arrangements and activities

Tell us more.

Which one did you go to-- Cali or NY?
    I'm interning at the NY shelter this next summer for a month. I'm really excited So I'm glad to hear that you had such a great experience visiting.

I went to the one in NY. It was great... I didn't have any food or see the sleeping arrangements. We walked around and visited the animals, and the guy told us their stories and how they were exploited and are now rescued. it was very sad, but nice to see the animals happy.
    Overgrow the government!

I went this fall! I loved it. I stayed in the cabin for four nights. The only bad part was it was freezing at night and the restrooms were not in the cabin. LOL BEAUTIFUL area.