Thread: NewFoundLand

Default NewFoundLand

Hey all. Im thinking about going to Newfoundland to go to Memorial university. Im in my first year at x, in ns, and dont want to live here anymore. Also, my tutitioon here is almost 7000, and there it would be less then 3000. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone has, or does live there? I need advice! Like, i dont know where to look for apartments, what streets are good, which may not be so nice, etc etc etc!!!
    Help!!!!
    "You'd better take care of me lord, otherwise you're gonna have me on your hands" - Hunter S. Thompson

Default Re: NewFoundLand

Hi, I'm from St. John's.
    In terms of areas, there are a lot of student apartments around MUN. Another decent area for students is Georgetown, which is reasonably close to MUN. The buses are pretty decent too. I can't really think of any areas that are dangerous or anything like that. There are a lot of crappy apartments out there though, so if at all possible you should have a look at it before you decide to rent.
    There is also a vegan house on a street called Blatch. I think they are still on the go. I don't personally know anyone who is there now, but if you are really interested, I can try to find a contact number for you.
    A new vegetarian restaurant just opened up called 'The Sprout', and the food is FANTASTIC (lots of vegan options ). There is a pizza/pasta place called Giovanni's that is also very vegan-friendly and very good.
    Anyway, if there are any other questions, just ask!

Default Re: NewFoundLand

Quote ducky
    A new vegetarian restaurant just opened up called 'The Sprout', and the food is FANTASTIC (lots of vegan options ). There is a pizza/pasta place called Giovanni's that is also very vegan-friendly and very good.
    Anyway, if there are any other questions, just ask!

That sounds fantastic!!! Thanks for the info!!!!
    "You'd better take care of me lord, otherwise you're gonna have me on your hands" - Hunter S. Thompson