Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you could go anywhere in Canada, where would it be?

Default Re: If you could go anywhere in Canada, where would it be?

Quote sponge View Post
    I've heard Toronto is the place to go for a great selection of wonderful vegan food and restaurants...so I choose there!
    Cool! Come to the Toronto Vegetarian Association resource centre and get a veg directory for the city...or download it from www.veg.ca !
    Check out the Toronto Vegetarian Podcast at veg.ca/tvp !

I'm on my way!

It's been quite some time since I've visited Canada, but I remember a few places I've visited: Montreal, Quebec; Toronto, Ontario; and Halifax, Nova Scotia. I think those are correct. I loved all places for difference reasons, but would like to visit them again now that I'm older and speak a little french. What else is good to see up there?
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Quote sponge View Post
    I've heard Toronto is the place to go for a great selection of wonderful vegan food and restaurants...so I choose there!

I've heard this too! I can't wait to get back up to Toronto.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    It's been quite some time since I've visited Canada, but I remember a few places I've visited: Montreal, Quebec; Toronto, Ontario; and Halifax, Nova Scotia. I think those are correct. I loved all places for difference reasons, but would like to visit them again now that I'm older and speak a little french. What else is good to see up there?
    You definitely don't need to speak any French in either Toronto or Halifax.

Man after living in Ottawa for 7 months I sure would like to be back in Victoria!!! Two GREAT health food stores (plus several smaller ones), a vegan Chinese restaurant and a vegan-friendly pizzeria (with homemade vegan cheese!), and many vegetarian-friendly restaurants, not to mention the warm climate, and beautiful scenery all over the city. And it's where Sarah Kramer lives (author of "How it all Vegan" and other cookbooks ). I bought "How it all Vegan" at a local bookstore there and it was autographed by Sarah .

I can barely find anything vegan-friendly in Ottawa, except for one small health food store and two or three vegan-friendly restaurants. And the temperature was -25 yesterday!!! But with my new job (I just graduated uni), I'm going to be stuck here for a long time . I can't wait to visit Victoria again!!!

Oh and Quebec City is great too . This year the city turns 400 years old, so I'm lucky to be so close (5 hr drive) so I can celebrate the festivities. My bf's family lives there so we'll have a free place to stay. But it's so cold! I'm sure I'll get used to that though...someday
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote Yoggy View Post
    And the temperature was -25 yesterday!!!
    Welcome to Ontario - time to invest in a parka!

Quote Yoggy View Post
    Man after living in Ottawa for 7 months I sure would like to be back in Victoria!!! Two GREAT health food stores (plus several smaller ones), a vegan Chinese restaurant and a vegan-friendly pizzeria (with homemade vegan cheese!), and many vegetarian-friendly restaurants, not to mention the warm climate, and beautiful scenery all over the city. And it's where Sarah Kramer lives (author of "How it all Vegan" and other cookbooks ). I bought "How it all Vegan" at a local bookstore there and it was autographed by Sarah .

I can barely find anything vegan-friendly in Ottawa, except for one small health food store and two or three vegan-friendly restaurants. And the temperature was -25 yesterday!!! But with my new job (I just graduated uni), I'm going to be stuck here for a long time . I can't wait to visit Victoria again!!!

Oh and Quebec City is great too . This year the city turns 400 years old, so I'm lucky to be so close (5 hr drive) so I can celebrate the festivities. My bf's family lives there so we'll have a free place to stay. But it's so cold! I'm sure I'll get used to that though...someday
    And let's not forget you have your man there to keep you warm on those chilly winter days! Soooo good to see you back here!!

Hehe good point Roxy . Yep, it's good to be back; my new routine here in Ottawa made it difficult to find time for the forum (I no longer have free time between classes, it's just work from 8:00-4:30). But I had a break from work over Christmas, and now that I'm going on here again, I'll be sure to make time for it in my routine again
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

I worked in Montreal for a while about 10 years ago, and loved it. Have loads of relatives in and around Toronto, but have never been (except to change planes there en route to Chicago).

I'm in Canada now, for (at least) a year. I am in Invermere, BC. It is okay for vegans here...there are a couple of health food shops selling some nice vegan stuff.

It's my fourth time in Canada, so far I have been to Victoria (and some other places on the island), Vancouver, Whistler, Calgary (hated hated hated it, apart from Gratitude cafe, a lovely veggie place), Cranbrook, Banff, and Montreal.

Victoria is where I want to be, I am hoping to study there at UVic =)

Victoria is a nice little city, very picturesque. How are you finding Invermere?

The best Canada is French Canada!

Well, according to South Park anyway!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

*live*&*let*live

Don't scream at me everyone but refused to go to Canada much as I would love to for all the wildlife and trees () but have made a promise that I won't till all the seal clubbing stops. Don't buy maple syrup anymore either. Probably won't miss my custom but I like to convince myself I am doing my bit. It does look a beautiful place though. And before anyone says but what about this country doing this and that country doing that. Same goes! Won't go to China despite wishing to do so because of eating dogs and cats. Sorry going off topic. PEACE though folks!! PLEASE don't ostracise me.

^ I agree with you completely, live and let live. I won't set foot in Spain either because of their bullfighting and various festivals involving cruelty to animals...

But it's a fine line - so many countries have skeletons in their closet as far as animal cruelty is concerned; here in Italy we have the Palio in various cities, most famously Siena, and I've just been to Puglia in Southern Italy, and there were so many strays, it was very upsetting.

Quote Roxy View Post
    Victoria is a nice little city, very picturesque. How are you finding Invermere?
    Yeah it is, I like small cities like that. Invermere is gorgeous, but small, and it has been raining a lot! Hopefully it will improve, the summers are supposed to be lovely here =)

Not real name!

I'd like to go to Winnipeg to finally meet two online friends who I've known for nearly a decade.

I've been to Vancouver before. Absolutely loved it and would go back there again at the drop of a credit card.

Drop of a credit card lol! Well with the Winter Olympics coming, you might want to increase your credit limit

I would love to go to New Zealand and Japan... Australia too.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Nunavut.
    "If the System hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you." -Jesus (John 17:11).

Isn't there a little waterfall there that is quite nice?
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

There is? I don't know much about Nunavut... just that I want to go there!
    "If the System hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you." -Jesus (John 17:11).

Quote *live*&*let*live View Post
    Don't scream at me everyone but refused to go to Canada much as I would love to for all the wildlife and trees () but have made a promise that I won't till all the seal clubbing stops. Don't buy maple syrup anymore either. Probably won't miss my custom but I like to convince myself I am doing my bit. It does look a beautiful place though. And before anyone says but what about this country doing this and that country doing that. Same goes! Won't go to China despite wishing to do so because of eating dogs and cats. Sorry going off topic. PEACE though folks!! PLEASE don't ostracise me.
    One major step nearer to your Canadian trip, l&ll.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Isn't it wonderful!

If I could go to anywhere in Canada I would go to Toronto. It's close to home so I could visit family and friends, and I really miss the fast paced environment
    I've been everywhere from the west coast to the east coast, except for the northern provinces/territories. My favourites would have to be whale watching in the Atlantic, meeting Davis(the cop) from Corner Gas(the tv show ) in Saskatchewan, and hiking through some of the most beautiful terrain - Bow Valley, Alberta

I've only been over the border in Canada years ago for beer runs , but I'd love to go for a nice, long holiday! I have friend in Toronto, Edmonton, and Prince Edward Island. I'd love to do a roadtrip across the whole country.

Well I've only been to Quebec since I'm living here for over six months and haven't seen much of Canada so far, but hopefully that will change soon! Living in Quebec City, I have found it to be easy being vegan here. I think it might be a bit different if you just come to visit and are dependent on restaurants, although there are some vegetarian and vegan options here. Speaking French will help a lot since a lot of people here don't speak English, or don't want to. Montreal is a bit easier, more multi cultural and a bigger city so more options.

Either Montreal or Quebec City. I love the French language and like to hear it spoken.