Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Some vegans not eating enough

Default Re: Some vegans not eating enough

As I've said elsewhere in thew forum, Sir-Mix-A-lot= early feminist hip-hop pioneer!

I do, however, prefer to be judged on my contribution to society. Was having a similar discussion on a politics forum on my uni's website. I felt bad about making comments about politician's attractiveness because of the importance of "doing unto others..."

That said, I still think Tim Holding (Victorian Water Minister) looks like the kind of bloke who plays with toy soldiers when no-one's looking...Not that there's anything wrong with that!

sugarmouse

Quote Matt View Post
    I'm pretty sure women love men giving them attention due to their physical appearance.The only time they don't like this kind of attention is when they get too much of it, and for a woman, too much is a whole lot. Most men don't usually have that much time.

I do, as long as it is positive attention and not OTT.For example I dont like being groped!

Quote Matt View Post
    I'm pretty sure women love men giving them attention due to their physical appearance.
    Bit of a sweeping generalisation, no?

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Right Mzee, maybe I should! Since I'm really fit people will be like "hey, being Vegan is healthy."
    You should definitely do it! I love wearing my vegan T-shirt at the gym or when i go cycling/climbing/trekking! it makes some people realise that being vegan does not mean skinny/pale and grey!

Quote Matt View Post
    I like big butts, and I cannot lie,
    You know you can't deny,
    When A girl walks in with a big ol butt,
    It makes you yell Oh Yeah!!!
    Ladies shake those healthy butts.

I'm pretty sure women love men giving them attention due to their physical appearance.The only time they don't like this kind of attention is when they get too much of it, and for a woman, too much is a whole lot. Most men don't usually have that much time.

So girls keep shakin those healthy butts.
    If those other guys wanta drop it off and leave it,
    I'll pull up quick and retrieve it.
    You know...of course I like being told i'm pretty however I do not like to be hit on. If a nice guy came up to me and said..."you know you are very beautiful may I have your number?" I would definately appreciate that and give them my number (if I didn't have a boyfriend of course). But if they came up to me and were a complete jerk...I would tell them to F off.
    I do not like when guys come up to me and say "hey baby nice butt" I do not like to get cat calls. I do not like to be whistled at.

#1. I have a boyfriend.
    #2. They don't know me.
    #3. I don't like being judged on my looks
    #4. They have no right.

If you are going to look at me look at me...but be flipping respectful...I would never go out with a guy that was like that to me...the thing I find most attractive in a guy is the way they treat me...and the only guy I will let whistle at me with out me going up to him and socking them in the face is my boyfriend....Oh and trust me if a guy is rude to me in that manner...I let him know I don't appreaciate it...

However Matt....you are partially right...many girls like that....I however obviously don't. lol
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

I get really annoyed when guys drive past me and beep their horn/shout something from their window. I mean, what do they expect me to do, do they think it makes them more attractive? And they should also know that when some-one drives past you and shouts out the window as they go past, it is almost always impossible to make out what they are saying, all you hear is garbled rubbish that gets louder as they come closer and quieter as they drive away! Sigh, sometimes it's so hard being beautiful

Im getting on a bit so i dont get eyed up so much But i know what you girls are saying, its so annoying going out and having some guy perv over you all night or grab a handful of butt. I have threatened to break mens fingers in the past
    I dont think Matt is being to serious though and i thought his post was pretty funny.

i know he most likely wasn't being serious but i just want him to know that not all girls like it...

you are so cool puffin. lol

JC

Quote Laura-Louise View Post
    I get really annoyed when guys drive past me and beep their horn/shout something from their window. I mean, what do they expect me to do, do they think it makes them more attractive? And they should also know that when some-one drives past you and shouts out the window as they go past, it is almost always impossible to make out what they are saying, all you hear is garbled rubbish that gets louder as they come closer and quieter as they drive away! Sigh, sometimes it's so hard being beautiful
    i really hate that too. it makes me feel really uncomfortable. but now instead of putting my head down and looking embarrassed, i give them the finger and tell them to F-off!

p.s. have you noticed how it's almost always white van men (usually builders - i hate to stereotype but it's true). the rest of the time it's usually chavs in their chav-mobiles

RubyDuby

u think u guys have it bad. i've had guys whistle on the way past and then yell 'nevermind!' once they see the arm.

off topic off topic, i was never here.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

some people should be euthenized. idiots. ruby you would be gorgeous if you didn't have legs.

a while back i had some guys trying to get my attention and i ignored them and they yelled back "fine i didn't want your fat ass anyway"...nice...lol

RubyDuby

wtf???

do they expect girls to run them down waving their phone numbers???

(I'm trying to think of a seque back onto topic, but tis not happening. )
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

lol those jerks!!!

I think they expect that when they say something snazzy like "if i siad you had a nice body would you hold it against me" that our clothes would fall off and we would jump in the back seat of a 1987 honda hatchback. oh ya, thats what i call romance.

Quote missbettie View Post
    i know he most likely wasn't being serious but i just want him to know that not all girls like it...

you are so cool puffin. lol
    Aww thank you. I think im mostly angry. I just remembered a time i told a drunk old git that i would brake his legs if he didnt move and stop bothering me, i should be sedated

^ ya I do the same thing though, a while ago this guy that works near me that i have no idea who the hell he is got way to close to me and i lost it and a long line of profanities flew out of my mouth...and now i'm seeing him everywhere, its starting to make me nervous...though i don't know if I'm overreacting because of other bad events that have happened to me or if he is actually just being a jerk..

Oh how annoying. Hope he isnt creaping you out to much. Tell him your sending in puffin if he keeps going on

lol i think i shall. you think he'd get the hint...gah oh well

gosh this thread got off topic...i'll stop now...

Vegans eat more!!!

Yeah sure he will, works everytime

Ooh, this convo is fun! Someone start a new thread!
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

Almost all the vegans I know can trough it up with the best of them..
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

Prawnil

The subject's gone way off, I know, but ever since I first visited this forum I've wondered if that 'What did you eat today?' thread is visible to guests. I mean, it is, isn't it? If it is, I worry. I don't understand why some people feel the need to broadcast how little they eat.
    Before I was vegan, I was a certain way about food, and recorded & counted, but I wouldn't make it public on the internet on a forum that represents a subset of the community. Sorry to be dramatic, but some days that thread's almost frightening.

I dont agree, i dont eat a huge amount because i dont get that hungry and i am quite small. When i exercise a lot i eat more but on normal days i cant eat a lot. People shouldnt feel like they are wrong eating what they feel is enough. It doesnt mean they have some sort of eating disorder. And no one ever says how much they had for dinner, if i said i had stir fry no one would knows how big my plate was.

I agree with Prawnil - sometimes I want to cry when I read that thread. In fact I stopped reading it altogether for a while because I just felt like such a huge fat heffer posting the huge amount I get through. Then I got so frustrated with it I posted even though it probably disgusts some people on there who can't even be eating 1000 kcals a day (unless they are eating like a trough full of soup or something, which they aren't). I'm not talking about the 'borderline' posts, but in cases where someone consistently posts amounts that are very, VERY low then I don't think it's
    great for people with EDs etc to read.

But that might be my opinion because they make me feel bad, bad that I don't have that level of willpower and control and disgusted with myself. So perhaps I don't have any right to judge - I only object to the posts because I can't 'compete', like the fat friends who force cakes down people's throats because they can't resist them themselves - I need to see people eat more than me because then I don't feel so guilty about my own overeating. Trouble is, nobody does. Sorry, that was a very 'me me me' post but it's just a rant I desperately needed to get out. It's not just vegans - girls my age in particular just don't seem to eat any more.
    We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones. Stephen King

I agree some people should eat more, but I enjoy that thread. I eat plenty, and I would say the majority of posters on that thread do as well. I have read it since I joined this forum, and have gotten many ideas for meals, especially for day to day eating. It has really helped me learn to come up with simple lunches and dinners with ease. I regularly post there.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Prawnil

Many people might consider some veganism as camoflauge for eating disorders. I think that some people should consider this carefully before posting lists that are particularly short since non&new vegans can see it. If you've eaten unusually little, maybe just don't bother. If you haven't finished eating for the day, why not consider leaving the list till tomorrow?

Anyone with issues about the amount they eat should obviously talk about it and be supported as much as they want, but that thread is the main one on this forum for a cross section of the eating habits of the members, surely? The impression it gives doesn't only affect the person who posts.
    People definitely shouldn't be made to feel wrong if they feel they're eating enough, but a person convincing themself they're eating enough doesn't exactly guarantee that they are.

I know that this will look like an overblown view and don't expect a single person to agree. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm only speaking very, very generally. I'm sorry if I have.

Skylark, I'm totally sure no one would be disgusted by your food. A tiny food list, that probably isn't complete, and might be by a really tiny person, shouldn't be confused with willpower. I hope soon there'll be a time you can feel comfortable not comparing your diet to other peoples', and I bet a massive amount of the people here eat way more than you.

Skylark - I'm 21 and trust me I EAT! lol. I'm healthy though so I don't really mind how much I eat, and somedays I eat a lot and others not so much, but only because that's how I roll these days! How much or how little you eat does not define your worth, which something that took me years to learn, it also took me a long time to learn how to be kind to myself on many levels. If you wanna pm me feel free, what you posted sounded very familiar!

Quote Prawnil View Post
    Many people might consider some veganism as camoflauge for eating disorders. I think that some people should consider this carefully before posting lists that are particularly short since non&new vegans can see it. If you've eaten unusually little, maybe just don't bother. If you haven't finished eating for the day, why not consider leaving the list till tomorrow?

Anyone with issues about the amount they eat should obviously talk about it and be supported as much as they want, but that thread is the main one on this forum for a cross section of the eating habits of the members, surely? The impression it gives doesn't only affect the person who posts.
    People definitely shouldn't be made to feel wrong if they feel they're eating enough, but a person convincing themself they're eating enough doesn't exactly guarantee that they are.

I know that this will look like an overblown view and don't expect a single person to agree. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm only speaking very, very generally. I'm sorry if I have.

Skylark, I'm totally sure no one would be disgusted by your food. A tiny food list, that probably isn't complete, and might be by a really tiny person, shouldn't be confused with willpower. I hope soon there'll be a time you can feel comfortable not comparing your diet to other peoples', and I bet a massive amount of the people here eat way more than you.
    I can totally understand what you are saying and i agree that if you write what you have eaten till up to lunch and not said this then people should say what they ate yesterday.
    If someone does write down what they eat and it sounds a terribly small amount people will comment that they need to eat more so there are people on here looking out for these signs you mention.
    I dont think anyone would be offended by your post, i think you have made some valid points

Ames - Thank you so much. Very wise words and I'm really happy you've found such a great balance in your life.

Prawnil - Thanks, I know I need to stop valuing myself entirely on weight / how much food I eat. I'd never judge anyone else the same way...odd how skewed self perception can become. Unfortunately I am a tiny person (height wise anyway - I'm only 5'3), I've just got the appetite of someone who's 6'3.

I did post my earlier comment in a very black mood (waiting on diagnosis whether I'm bi-polar or clinically depressed) so many apologies for its ranting tone - I certainly didn't mean to sound so aggressive and I wasn't targeting any one person in particular
    We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones. Stephen King

Quote Skylark View Post
    Unfortunately I am a tiny person (height wise anyway - I'm only 5'3), I've just got the appetite of someone who's 6'3.
    Why unfortunately???

I am 5'1 and eat lots... it is nothing to be ashamed of, I am not trying to control my eating, my body knows best so if it wants food, i feed it and if it doesn't feel like food I don't... I am sure I still get well over 2500 kcals many days and it certainly does not seem to be a problem as long as you keep active.

Quote puffin View Post
    I dont agree.
    Me too, we are all different and eat different. I sometimes eat LOTS then sometimes eat a little..

Just because I've posted a short list doesn't mean I'm not eating, I just might have eaten a lot in that one meal!
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Don't feel bad about eating a lot! My grandfather always teases me cuz I'm contantly munching on somthing or other--he says I'm like the deer at the zoo who are always eating cuz they only have boring grass to eat! But really he's probably my most supportive family member--he's always offering to cook me something from his garden and at Chinese restaurants he always makes sure there's a vegan dish for me I always let him taste some of my vegan meals (like curries, stir frys etc.) cuz he's genuinely interested in my new lifestyle and he gets excited about how good plain ol' veggies can taste! *sorry, kinda went off topic*
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. ~Oscar Wilde