Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much water do you drink?

Default How much water do you drink?

The more water I drink, the more clear my skin is. When I don't drink enough, I get blemishes, and when I do drink a lot my skin is crystal clear. But the problem is, I have to make myself drink. I am always so lazy that I will put up with my thirst for stupid amounts of time. Does anyone else have this terrible habit?

1vegan

*nods*

yes, I tend to drink too much coffee, but I'm making it a rule to drink tea after 12 am.

I mostly drink green tea, without sugar when I drink tea.

But you are right, one should drink enough water on a day

PinkFluffyCloud

I drink 1 litre in the Winter, and about 4 cups of hot water or Camomile tea. I drink more water in Summer.
    I never used to drink water atall, til a few years ago, don't know how I survived on tea and coffee!

If I don't drink enough I get a terrible Headache.

I drink about 2 litres a day.

Banana, perhaps if you had a jug of water available, say a 2 litre jug, and put some slices of lemon in it to make it tastier, then you drink from it all day, and you know how much you have consumed.

About 18 months ago when I was in hospital in Brisbane, Geoff kindly brought me some wonderful water from his own supplies (that was when I met him), and I'm sure I drank heaps as the hospital tap water didn't appeal to me one bit!
    Eve

I drink as much as possible at work we have a Water Aid sponsered water machine so the more we use the more they get in Donations from us, but on average at work I drink about 1/2 a pint every 2 hours at home it varies.

If I am Yoga or the gym at least 1 litre per session.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

PinkFluffyCloud

Don't you find the water slops about in your tummy when you are doing Yoga, Snaffler?? I have to have a completely empty tum!

Lots of water. Lots and lots of water. I have a water filter dispenser that has about twice as much water as two people should drink every day. As long as I have to refill it every other day, I'm doing good.

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Don't you find the water slops about in your tummy when you are doing Yoga, Snaffler?? I have to have a completely empty tum!
    I make sure I have not eaten for two hours before doing yoga, I have not really found that happen I only take small regular sips so that may be why.......farting is a problem in yoga at times though LOL

we have a Water Aid water dispenser at work too i try to drink at least two litres of water a day. it doesn't make any difference to my skin how much i drink though. the water dispenser is on the floor above my office, so i have to go up a flight of stairs every time i need more water. i refill a 500ml plastic bottle each time, so i know how much i've had. it gives me a chance to stretch my legs and get a bit of exercise while i'm at work,as i'm stuck at a desk all day. i do sometimes feel a bit lazy but i often have a very dry mouth so i try not to ignore it and force myself to get up those stairs, rather than going to the drinks machine which is two feet away from my desk!

i hate tap water, it tastes really chlorinated, and i can't drink water if it's too warm, even in the winter i need it slightly chilled. i used to drink very little plain water, but i now realise it's much healthier even if i don't particularly feel the benefit.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Gorilla if you stopped drinking water like you do now you would soon notice the how it was helping, I know many people I work with do not drink enough water and they complain of headaches, tiredness, and many other issues.

I would say to anyone with doubts pick up a copy of this book it's brilliant
    Water: For Health, For Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!

My YOGA teacher has just read it after I lent it to him suprisingly a man who works so much on his well being was not drinking enough water, he has now found many improvemts in his health......he said he went to the loo a lot for the first month as his body was not use to the right amount of water. But that soon passes pardon the pun.

I drink so much tea... about 1l of grean tea without sugar per day I think...
    Plus 1l of water.
    One day, I'll die from an Asian junk food overdose ! lol

In winter I drink 1.5 to 2 litres a day, in summer I drink about 4 - this doesn't include water taken in during a workout.

I have noticed that on days I don't drink enough water I get tired very easily and feel generally sluggish, if I drink less for a few days it tends to make my skin dull. When I drink plenty of water, I feel better and my skin is pretty much flawless - I have no wrinkles or fine lines (not bad for almost 32!) and I rarely get spots or blackheads - so I am definitely a big fan of water
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Hmmm. I'm an American, and I don't know much about liters. Hehe

I drink probably between 64 and 96 ounces.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Quote Poison Ivy
    In winter I drink 1.5 to 2 litres a day, in summer I drink about 4 - this doesn't include water taken in during a workout.

I have noticed that on days I don't drink enough water I get tired very easily and feel generally sluggish
    What she said.

Geoff

Quote Artichoke47
    Hmmm. I'm an American, and I don't know much about liters. Hehe

I drink probably between 64 and 96 ounces.
    Yeah, there's nothing like the old Imperialist system of weights and measures! So easy to understand - 20 oz in a pint 8pts to a gall, 16oz to a pound, 112lbs in a cwt (why isn't it 100?) 20 cwt in a ton. Then there's the wonderful apothecaries system with its drachms, scruples and minims.
    There's no challenge in the metric system with its boring old base 10.
    If we all used the metric system we wouldn't have the fun of spacecraft completely missing a distant planet because mission control confused kilometres and miles!

Quote snaffler
    Gorilla if you stopped drinking water like you do now you would soon notice the how it was helping, I know many people I work with do not drink enough water and they complain of headaches, tiredness, and many other issues.
    unfortunately i still get these, despite the amount of water i'm drinking
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote Gorilla
    unfortunately i still get these, despite the amount of water i'm drinking
    Ah wll you know what that is ? you need some meat in your diet you vegans all tired no iron

Dosen't that just grind when the meat eaters use that one if you say you are tired or feeling a bit down or sick...

Find a vegan Ginseng I think thats spelt correct - Ginseng is vegan, you just need a tablet or caplet that is you can take.....it will boost your energy and whole health if feeling down...

I think I suffer a little from S.A.D in the winter so to help along with exercise I try this.

mango woman

Default How much water should i be getting a day?

I'm pretty sure i'm not getting enough water. I don't keep track, but i'm going to start trying to drink more. I know that in the past when i've "forced" myself to drink more water i've generally felt better. Does anyone know the equation for finding the healthy amount for me to drink per day? or is there even an equation? I'm starting to ramble in confusion, so if anyone wants to help me out i'd really appreciate it. THANKS!

Default Re: How much water should i be getting a day?

I think you are supposed to get 8 glasses a day. Now, I don't know what exactly constitutes a "glass." It's hard to get enough water. Also, tea, coffee, and alchohol are like a negative glass because they dehydrate you.

Cheers,
    rant

Default Re: How much water should i be getting a day?

Roughly 2 Litres of water a day. But if you're especially small or large, you might need less/more.

Pilaf

Default Re: How much water do you drink?

I basically drink water whenever I feel hungry but know I shouldn't be eating..so a lot.

LittleNellColumbia

I used to drink exactly 2 litres oer day, but i havnt done in a while, because i just keep forgetting but i have other liquids on top of that, but i know i need to up my intake drastically.

Quote happycow
    I used to drink exactly 2 litres oer day, but i havnt done in a while, because i just keep forgetting but i have other liquids on top of that, but i know i need to up my intake drastically.
    same. i use to drink 2 litres of water and 1 litre of green tea each and every single day. now i cant be bothered. im working my way back into it though no worries! (or attempting to anyways )
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Between 2 and 3 litres every day. I just carry a 600ml bottle around with me and refill it.

I put a 2L bottle by the side of my desk every morning. I try to finish it by the end of work. If I don't, I get monsterous headaches.

Quote soylatte_au
    Between 2 and 3 litres every day. I just carry a 600ml bottle around with me and refill it.
    Yeah me too. Ever since my kidney stone episode I try and drink 2 litres of water a day. Luckily at work they get in spring water so I can fill up me bottle there.

Antrony
    Australia

Quote abrennan
    Yeah me too. Ever since my kidney stone episode I try and drink 2 litres of water a day. Luckily at work they get in spring water so I can fill up me bottle there.

Antrony
    Australia
    You had a kidney stone episode? You poor thing!

I love drinking water, both hot and cold. I weaned myself off my nasty tea and coffee habit about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. I reckon I must've been severely dehydrated.

There was a time when I would drink no less then 100oz but those days are no longer. I drink between 64-72oz now, trying to build up slowly so I'm not using the restroom so much.. I also drink 1-2 servings of coffee and tea as well.. Can't seem to give up coffee, and don't really much want to
    Life Is GOOD! :p

Yesterday I read this article that stated drinking too much water causes you to lose excessive nutrients; does anyone know about this?

Otherwise, whether it's too much or not, I drink about 96 ounces per day. I ouht to calibrate that to metric, but haven't a calulator handy... lazy, lazy...
    X

Quote soylatte_au
    You had a kidney stone episode? You poor thing!

I love drinking water, both hot and cold. I weaned myself off my nasty tea and coffee habit about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. I reckon I must've been severely dehydrated.
    I read the reports about drinking too much water but that's like gallons of it

after having my incredibly painful kidney stone I found out that if you don't drink enough water then the toxins in your urine will clump together in your kidneys and form what are known as stones.

How much is enough?

I'm told at least 2 litres a day

Antony flushed

Thank you, my well-flushed friend... I didn't take too uch stock to what I was reading, because I like to have a lot of information before I start making lifestyle changes left and right....

Come to me water bottle!!!!!!! I love thee!
    X

Talking Re: How much water do you drink?

Gosh, i drink an uncountable number, well not really, i just don't count because I know i'm getting enough and i'm lazy, I drink usually 16 ounces per class that i'm in plus another 16 during volleyball, plus a little during yoga, lots after, and pretty much whenever i'm thirsty, and even when i'm not...i just drink a ton of water, like i have a 12 oz glass that i always drink out of...and let's see, i dunno how many times i've filled it today really cuz i never pay attention, it's kinda like habit, but i've filled it at least 4-5 times i think, and then i drink a lot of herbal tea, which counts as well...gosh no wonder i always have to pee!! (although my body's adjested well to so much water, i don't pee nearly as often...i'm sure u all really wanted to know about my bathroom cycles, lol)
    Peace Love Surf.

Better that you pee than cultivate stones

Antony P

i have a 32 oz bottle i fill with tea in the morning and after i drink that i fill it with water about 4 or 5 times a day. having to pee is a good excuse when i don't want to wait on a particular customer- we get a lot of crazies

Oh excuse me sir/madam can you wait a minute I just have to go pee, I'll be about 45 minutes

well now the temp has gone up to mid 30sC, my water drinking has increased to 2-3 litres/day.
    Eve

Quote eve
    well now the temp has gone up to mid 30sC, my water drinking has increased to 2-3 litres/day.
    Can you hear it all sloshing around inside when you move around

Geoff

Quote Zanahorias!
    Otherwise, whether it's too much or not, I drink about 96 ounces per day. I ouht to calibrate that to metric, but haven't a calulator handy... lazy, lazy...
    I COULD convert it but can't be bothered!

I heard on Radio National, which is usually a reliable source, that you don't have to drink just water and that most of our fluid intake comes from fruit and veggies.
    It's been over 40 deg here for 2 days so I'm drinking lots of tea, coffee (decaf) and water. The heat isn't bothering me and I assume it's because I've lost a lot of weight.

One litre is about 35 ounces

so 96 ounces is plenty by the sounds

and Geoffs weather of 40 degrees celcius is 104 degrees fahrenheit

I get most of my water in the form of herbal and fruit teas.
    I do drink a few glasses of plain water as well.

Isn't there some statistic about how much your brain has dried out before you actually register thirst? I think it's about a tenth or something similar.

I keep a big bottle of water on my desk because if I get thirsty I get grouchy and fidgety, and think I'm hungry when I'm not. Sometimes it's hard over the weekends and when I'm out but I'm trying to keep a bottle with me all the time at the moment.

Water rocks
    "It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions" - Mark Twain

Quote Zanahorias!
    Thank you, my well-flushed friend... I didn't take too uch stock to what I was reading, because I like to have a lot of information before I start making lifestyle changes left and right....

Come to me water bottle!!!!!!! I love thee!
    Taylor you have alredy informed me of this bit of information you fool! Although I have been thinking, I don't drink enough water a day, 64 ounces in clearly far to little of an amount. So I geuss, drink up!!!!

LittleNellColumbia

Quote abrennan
    One litre is about 35 ounces

so 96 ounces is plenty by the sounds

and Geoffs weather of 40 degrees celcius is 104 degrees fahrenheit
    oooooooooh someones got alot of time on his hands.......
    just messin' wit ya Fluffy Antony

I get about 2L.

I've never really measured, but I'd say I drink about 60 ounces of water, then 8-16 ounces of 100% fruit juice (usually cranberry mixed with another fruit juice--supposed to help your kidneys), 8 ounces of black tea in the morning, about 6 oz soymilk in my cereal, and maybe 8 ounces of some sugary drink (Sobe, mango lemonade, silk coffee). Of course, that's when I'm at home. I find that I don't do as well on days when I'm traveling or visiting somewhere I don't feel as good when I don't get as much fluid either. And I agree that eating fruits and veggies help with your fluid level. I know recently my mom started eating less meat and was complaining about not being any less constipated. I pointed out to her that having a ton of fiber in your diet with almost no fluid doesn't work, ya gotta drink plenty of fluids too
    When you are guided by compassion and loving-kindness, you are able to look deeply into the heart of reality and see the truth.--Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote happycow
    oooooooooh someones got alot of time on his hands.......
    just messin' wit ya Fluffy Antony
    I got the internet on my hands missy and I know how to use it

I like looking things up.

PINK fluffy Antony
    Sydily Stralia

Today it is 36 degrees C, which is 96.8 F.
    Eve

Quote eve
    Today it is 36 degrees C, which is 96.8 F.
    sweet lord, i thought we had a hot summer.

not enough!
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

it's already cold here...but prolly just for today...we have 20 degree shifts everyday, and that's what gave me the cold. but i still drink a ton of water.
    Peace Love Surf.