Thread: Romantic places to go, with lots to do?

Smile Romantic places to go, with lots to do?

Hi

In January 2007 my bf and i are thinking of going to canada for 2 weeks, i imagine its very beautiful and i hear the ppl are lovely. However i just wondered from anyone who lives there or who has been on holiday there:

where are the most romantic places to go, with lots to do?

also

whats it like for vegan food? i know they're big on hunting etc, so kinda scared.

we have this plan of staying in a log cabin somewhere in the mountains, but don't know how possible that is!

love jen x

Default Re: Romantic places to go, with lots to do?

Well, what I consider romantic may be quite different than what you consider romantic, but I can recommend if you are coming in Winter, to go to the Quebec City Winter Carnival. It's from January 27 to February 12 in 2006 (if your coming in 2007 you'll have to check those dates). Bring the warmest clothes you can imagine, because it's an outdoor winter festival. You can read about it on their website. I went a couple years ago and it was so much fun. You can even spend the night in the Ice Hotel (yes, that's a hotel made entirely of ice) for about CD$200. (Of course, we opted to visit during the day for CD$20).

The obvious choice for a winter destination would be Banff or Jasper, especially if you like to ski. Book something early because places fill up months ahead of time. I am sure there are cabins you can rent around there. The affordable way to stay is the youth hostals in Banff, Jasper, or Lake Louise, which are very nice. There is some public transportation to Banff, but if you're looking for a cabin in the woods that is remote, you'll need to rent a car. Try to find some natural hot springs wherever you go, it might be a long drive but well worth it.

As far as vegan food, anywhere there are tourists you can find vegan food. Most restaurants should have something that is (at least accidentally) vegan. I recommend that once you choose a location, do a search online to find the vegetarian restaurants in that area, on websites such as happy cow. In Banff and Canmore there is a Vegetarian Restaurant called the SUNFOOD CAFE. There are many vegetarian restaurants in Quebec City, too.