View Poll Results: What do you want to change in your life?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • More exercise (pilates, running etc...)

155 68.28%
  • Be more active for animals

104 45.81%
  • Volunteer for / with *******

67 29.52%
  • Improve at making decisions

64 28.19%
  • Move to a new place

75 33.04%
  • Save money

122 53.74%
  • Be better at accepting my limits

32 14.10%
  • Start a new business

27 11.89%
  • Stop smoking

9 3.96%
  • Get more fresh air, more daylight, walk more

105 46.26%
  • Spend less time on the computer

62 27.31%
  • Get well, overcome disease

49 21.59%
  • Travel more

86 37.89%
  • Become better at cleaning the house,tidy up

90 39.65%
  • Become better at communicating with partner/friends

55 24.23%
  • Get a boyfriend/girlfriend

51 22.47%
  • Divorce, get rid of a bf/gf

3 1.32%
  • Get a decent grade/finish my education

76 33.48%
  • Eat more healthy

106 46.70%
  • Work more

37 16.30%
  • Work less

20 8.81%
  • Eat more raw food

79 34.80%
  • Cope with my negativity

74 32.60%
  • Get to know new people

96 42.29%
  • Be more ambitious

58 25.55%
  • Be less ambitious

1 0.44%
  • Become better at doing what I feel is right

75 33.04%
  • Be more creative (music, painting etc)

91 40.09%
  • Stop postponing things

88 38.77%
  • Drink more water

74 32.60%
  • Learn a new language

79 34.80%
  • Eat more organic food

81 35.68%
  • Learn something new

76 33.48%
  • Relax and enjoy life more

91 40.09%
  • Donate money

34 14.98%
  • Push myself less, go with the flow

26 11.45%
  • Make more short term personal goals

34 14.98%
  • Start yoga, meditation, therapy...

67 29.52%
  • Write more (a journal, book, articles....)

81 35.68%
  • Start a vegan cafe

46 20.26%
  • Become better at defining how I want my life to be

62 27.31%
  • Become better at doing what I actually want to do

79 34.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to change in your life?

Default Re: The Goal Thread: What do you want to change in your life?

cc i didnt mean i lost weight that way! that would be silly to lose weight like that. ive lost a couple pounds since i lost my appetite but definitely not all that weight.

i lost THAT weight by simply eating less and exercising more

yes if i dont feel better after my current living situation is changed, i will definitely get help.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Pilaf

This may be silly to some of you, but I'm becoming awakened to a whole new ethical sphere, one of committed nonbreeders. I'm going to better myself and the world by not breeding. Instead, I think I may adopt someday to pass on my values and ethics to a kid who would have otherwise ended up in questionable surroundings.

that is very good of you pilaf. i often think of doing the same thing (adopting)...i may be barren by now anyway...
    Peace Love Surf.

greenworlds

Default Re: The Goal Thread

Quote theashleybeyer
    .I just want to see the world. I guess WI isn't that bad.... except for the drunks, the [excuse me for this-please don't get offended..] meat guzzling white trash, and the hunters that can't seem to stop talking about the deer they just murdered and then gutted.
    I do get offended to hear expressions like 'white trash' as I see myself more as a human-being. If it is acceptable to call white people trash, is it acceptable to call asian people 'Throw aways', or to call black people 'Waste'
    etc?

greenworlds

Quote BadBoredBony
    i'd love to start my own vegan cafe... the only problem is money !

bbb
    xxx
    I've met a few vegans who would like to start vegan cafes..We cetainly need more of them to replace the non-vegan ones. Why not advertise in vegan mags, forums etc..someone/s might want to put up money but have less to do with the running of it.

mango woman

I've been doing quite well about the working out daily.. so i'm very proud of myself for that one!

I've been eating pretty healthy now that i have groceries..

I'm currently just trying to achieve my goal of eating healthy and exercising until i like what i see in the mirror. soooo, hopefully in a few more weeks i'll start to see some results from all the weight lifting and cardio i've been doing.

I'm also trying to save money, and after i buy a food processor off ebay i'm removing the link from my computer so its not so easy to browse and bid on things [damn addiction!!!!! ] and after i buy a tripod for my camera and mayyyyyyybe another piercing and then i'm done for real! I gotta save as much money for cambridge as possible.

Hope everyone's working towards their goals!

What I wanna change:
    Hahaha... a little unrealistic since I have little time and so many goals!

-More exercise
    -Be more active for animals
    -Volunteer
    -Start a new business
    -Get more fresh air, more daylight, walk more
    -Get well, overcome disease
    -Travel more
    -Become better at cleaning the house,tidy up
    -Become better at communicating with partner/friends
    -Eat more healthy
    -Work less
    -Cope with my negativity
    -Get to know new people
    -Become better at doing what I feel is right
    -Stop postponing things
    -Learn something new
    -Donate money
    -Become better at defining how I want my life to be
    -Become better at doing what I actually want to do

Red face Re: The Goal Thread: What do you want to change in your life?

One of my goals, the top one right now is to find a job that doesn't conflict with my believes. I was working for an auto company and it really conflicted with how I believed. For the time being I am working temp jobs and that is ok. I like the place they have my placed right now. Good people that aren't into drama. It would be nice to stay here but I would rather be working some place that would make for a better world somehow.

Eventually, like when I retire. I would like to open a vegan diner. Just a small one with a vegan grocery attached. Maybe have vegan ready to go dinners and sandwiches also. Oh but I have such big dreams!

Hi Jane

I temped for a couple of years in Australia and absolutely loved it. I preferred the short-term assignments as I found when you were at the one place too long, people started to drag you into their "office politics" and I didn't want any part of that

I loved temping though because not only did it pay well, I also got to meet a lot of new people, learn a bundle of new skills, I never got bored and I was basically able to work when I wanted to.

I know what you mean also, about craving a worthy employment - something that's going to help make this world a better place.

Yeah, Roxy, those office politics are a serious drag. Temping has been very good for me. It is fun going to different places and learning more things too. Sometimes I feel like I am not acting like a responsible adult though.

huliyun22

I will like to .....

-Get well, overcome disease (i taking chinese herb to cure my hearing impair for my right ear, althought doctor said difficult but i hope for the bst to happen).

-Get a boyfriend/girlfriend

Smile Re: The Goal Thread

Quote applepie
    I want to accept my limits and don't keep pushing myself even if I haven't achieved perfection - sounds easier than it is!
    i would just like to add that perfection is a direction not a destination.

try going with the flow...

peace

colinz

Quote Pilaf
    This may be silly to some of you, but I'm becoming awakened to a whole new ethical sphere, one of committed nonbreeders. I'm going to better myself and the world by not breeding. Instead, I think I may adopt someday to pass on my values and ethics to a kid who would have otherwise ended up in questionable surroundings.
    it is a cool way to live to my mind.

and children are the joy of humanity.

to care for them all would be the noblest thing humankind could do.

to help any of them a brilliant idea.

colinz

I have been doing faerie's oracle readings lately and they are ringing very true. It's time I found the strength to do what the Fae tell me to do!

"I am free, and I am powerful. I now allow myself to enjoy this freedom and power.
    I deserve the best. I take charge of my schedule and my life.
    I notice and embrace the new opportunities that are now in my life."

Those are from a few days ago. I need to do another ritual. Thats the problem...I get so busy and bogged down with my depression I forget to do the things that will make me better. geez.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Default Re: What do you want to change in your life?

I was very shocked about how many of those options I ticked But one thing I would like to change, which I have noticed more and more, is getting frustrated and pissed off at public places, eating, shopping or where customer services come into play and the people providing the service are either rude, stupid or do not give a flying *%$£!~# about you being a paying customer and asking information regarding suitability for vegans. I am really polite and friendly and take a very chilled out approach to it, but still find some people very annoyed about having to do a little looking or work.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Quote Pilaf
    This may be silly to some of you, but I'm becoming awakened to a whole new ethical sphere, one of committed nonbreeders. .
    It doesn't sound silly to me! I decided many years ago not to have children. I think it is the best thing I can do for this planet. (No offense meant to any of you who have kids.)
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Russ

Absolutely, I'm on the same frequency, kids is not an option as far as I'm concerned. Also, the fact that kids are annoying and stupid probably influenced my opinion somewhat. I mean, most adults are annoying and stupid too, but they're not so loud and don't crap themselves.

What do I want to change in my life: stop being so negative.

tabitha

Quote RedWellies
    It doesn't sound silly to me! I decided many years ago not to have children. I think it is the best thing I can do for this planet. (No offense meant to any of you who have kids.)
    None taken! Id give the buggers back if I could

feral

Quote tabitha
    None taken! Id give the buggers back if I could
    I imagine that would pinch a little though tabs

I'd like to get more flexible & strengthen my muscles. I'd also like to do an distance learning degree and get well enough to finish my art degree.

There is nothing more I want in life. I am already academically motivated and have won accolades in my field. Furthermore, I have a very clear vision for my future and successfully progressing towards it. What more could I ask for? Life is ardous, but I like challenges. I am happy the way I am.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

tabitha

Quote feral
    I imagine that would pinch a little though tabs

I'd like to get more flexible & strengthen my muscles. I'd also like to do an distance learning degree and get well enough to finish my art degree.
    Actually I was thinking of selling them to FR. Might teach them ALL a thing or two LOL

Quote Kiran
    There is nothing more I want in life. I am already academically motivated and have won accolades in my field. Furthermore, I have a very clear vision for my future and successfully progressing towards it. What more could I ask for? Life is ardous, but I like challenges. I am happy the way I am.
    Wow, Kiran, that's great. Most people today (including myself) are not content and want to change their lives. And for some, whatever they do, it's never good enough. I admire and wish I could be one of the people who like (or love) what they do and are happy with what they've achieved.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

tabitha

I always get the feeling that Kiran is happy with life and in control. Thats good. Well done Kiran.

I just want to be ORGANISED!!

thanks ladies you have motivated me more now.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

Quote Pilaf

I am 100% in the same mindset. No children from my gene pool or womb thank you very much.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Carry On

Their are several good goals on there. One that stuck out though, was starting a Vegan Cafe. I would love to do that.

A vegan cafe is my dream job right now! Sheer bliss. I want to "get fit" this summer.

Hmm, there are lots of things on that list that I would like to do. Volunteer more(which I might be doing - Food not Bombs! Feeding Vegetarian food to the homeless), learn a language (which I am doing - Italiano!) , more exercise (which I will be doing - I'm going to start Aikido!), etc. etc..
    But what I would love to do is actually open a bookstore selling only humanities, but yah right, how could that stay afloat? I'd also like to write more, history research papers and articles that is. It's fun. and I'd like to finish my B.A. up, so I can get started with my graduate studies....so I can facilitate the writing more and getting published in scholarly journals - and then, use the money I would earn as a professor to help fund the humanities bookstore, which I would call 'Petrarch' (anybody who can get the symbolism in that gets a vegan cupcake. :P)......lol And now I'm rambling!!

Hi Krystle! Where in Canada are you?

I'm in Vancouver, and although I don't volunteer for Food Not Bombs, I keep my old plastic containers (empty margarine and yoghurt containers), so that when I have a whole bunch, I can deliver them to the Food Not Bombs people here. They use them to serve "take-away" type meals to the homeless.

nervine

I'd love to move to London and meet some new people and start a band. I definately need more exercise. I want to last longer than half an hour in a moshpit as I'm going to a festival soon.

Hey Roxy, that's great that you do that!! I'm in the Kitchener-Waterloo area, and the Food Not Bombs here serves to homeless in downtown Kitchener.

Quote nervine
    I want to last longer than half an hour in a moshpit
    I've never fancied stepping into a mosh pit. Isn't it easy to get hurt? I'm going to see Sleater-Kinney on Monday. There's sure to be plenty of people moshing at that show

What do I want to change in my life? I just want to get over my anxiety and low self-esteem. Feeling connected to the rest of the human race, and not apart from it, would be fantastic. For now the degree/job/wife/kids/exercise/travelling and my cherished dream of owning a vegan cafe can wait!

nervine

Quote coconut
    I've never fancied stepping into a mosh pit. Isn't it easy to get hurt? I'm going to see Sleater-Kinney on Monday. There's sure to be plenty of people moshing at that show
    Well, last time I got out with 2 bruises and my hand was bleeding a little. Usually everyone is too drunk to care or to feel any pain, lol. It's good fun with mates.

tabitha

Quote coconut

What do I want to change in my life? I just want to get over my anxiety and low self-esteem. Feeling connected to the rest of the human race, and not apart from it, would be fantastic. For now the degree/job/wife/kids/exercise/travelling and my cherished dream of owning a vegan cafe can wait!
    I went to a gig with the kids a few months ago. It was "nasty" music - Trivium type sh*t. All of a sudden a saw a boy leap of the stage into the crowd and the crowd "carried" him to the edge of the crowd. Then the kid ran back on stage and did it again. Stupid kid I thought. Then I realised to my horror that it was my son! I had to resist the urge to embarrass him and drag him out by his ear!!

Quote coconut
    I've never fancied stepping into a mosh pit. Isn't it easy to get hurt?
    Wow. Have I ever got a confession to tell you then

tabitha

Im going to start saying what I think more, instead of keeping quiet about things because Im worried I will hurt peoples feelings.

Tabi, i think it is great that you are going to be more outspoken. It hasnt worked for me, i always get in trouble so have learnt to keep quite. I have learnt who i can and can not trust and have decided to keep quite from now on. Good luck and i hope you get better results than me.
    So i want to learn to shut up and pick my friends more carefully

nervine

Quote tabitha
    Im going to start saying what I think more, instead of keeping quiet about things because Im worried I will hurt peoples feelings.
    The thing is how do you speak your mind in a nice way. I think your body language is really important if you wanna say something that you know they won't like. Just blink a few times and smile when you talk.
    Depending on who I talk to and how well I know them I'll speak my mind. If it's a complete bitch I won't care about insults. Although sometimes I'll stay really nice throughout an argument as they get angry. That really pisses people off.

Quote Krystle
    learn a language (which I am doing - Italiano!)
    Hi Krystle! If you want we could correspond in Italian, if you'd like to. I'm not Italian but my Italian is very good (I live and work here in Italy as a translator).

Anyway... buona giornata! (That means "have a nice day" for anyone who's wondering)

Quote tabitha
    Me too! Definitely! By the way does your cat always look so serious?

I love my job in itself but hate having to spend so much time on a computer and depend on an Internet connection. I'd like to be a nursing auxiliary and live in a house by a lake where I could watch all the wildlife. I'd have a much stronger network of friends and be more active physically. I'd spend my time writing and painting and might even get published.... there's a book in me just dying to get out!!!

princessemma

I want to;

Go to college and then university.
    Tone my tummy.
    Have another child.
    Learn to drive.
    Teach my husband how to tidy up after himself.
    Try and repair my relationship with my mother and sister.

I realise toning my tummy and having another baby are not very compatable goals.

princessemma, i don't mean to sound like a total idiot, but what is the difference between college and university?? here it is the same thing

i want to go back to school too. i want to move.... there are so many things i want to learn about, so many careers, so many places to go to, cripes i sound like dr. seuss....i can't decide. i need a sign

popemagnet

I'd like someone to actually give a shit about me for a change, as opposed to me spending my nights sat up worrying about them.

1. start a new business.

2. lose 10 pounds (to 114 Ib.)

3. take art classes, be more creative.

4. save money.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Well I wanna move out of Florida. Dont know where I wanna move yet. I wanna do a bit of traveling before I decide.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

We've changed everything in the last few years, moved house to a place by the sea, done a degree, changed jobs, turned our lives upside down to live the kind of new life we want to live so things are almost perfect.
    My goals this year are to lose the excess chub and get fit, start doing yoga, start doing the house up.
    You have to have new goals every year or life gets boring
    I'd stop worrying about the mother and sister Princess Emma, I had a bit of a deep and meaningful thinking session recently and decided that I personally cannot be arsed with chasing my family about any more. If they want to see me they know where I live, if they don't come it's their loss not mine!!!
    Silent but deadly :p

I know that it is a cliche but i want to make the world a better place. I'll do anything to achieve that.

Jippia

I want to exercise more (other gym - do not like the one I am currently at), do a better job on my intake of raw foods and healthy foods, drink more water (forget that when I am at home), take up making mosaics again, become better at cleaning my house and communicating with my friends (make more time for them) and I would love to learn to speak and read and write French.

Mirjam

sugarmouse

Aww what is wrong with the gym Jippia?
    I must become better at looking after my house.my parents (who own my home ) are very disgusted with me and my lackof upkeep of it. I jsut don'tknow where to start.