View Poll Results: What do you want to change in your life?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • More exercise (pilates, running etc...)

155 68.28%
  • Be more active for animals

104 45.81%
  • Volunteer for / with *******

67 29.52%
  • Improve at making decisions

64 28.19%
  • Move to a new place

75 33.04%
  • Save money

122 53.74%
  • Be better at accepting my limits

32 14.10%
  • Start a new business

27 11.89%
  • Stop smoking

9 3.96%
  • Get more fresh air, more daylight, walk more

105 46.26%
  • Spend less time on the computer

62 27.31%
  • Get well, overcome disease

49 21.59%
  • Travel more

86 37.89%
  • Become better at cleaning the house,tidy up

90 39.65%
  • Become better at communicating with partner/friends

55 24.23%
  • Get a boyfriend/girlfriend

51 22.47%
  • Divorce, get rid of a bf/gf

3 1.32%
  • Get a decent grade/finish my education

76 33.48%
  • Eat more healthy

106 46.70%
  • Work more

37 16.30%
  • Work less

20 8.81%
  • Eat more raw food

79 34.80%
  • Cope with my negativity

74 32.60%
  • Get to know new people

96 42.29%
  • Be more ambitious

58 25.55%
  • Be less ambitious

1 0.44%
  • Become better at doing what I feel is right

75 33.04%
  • Be more creative (music, painting etc)

91 40.09%
  • Stop postponing things

88 38.77%
  • Drink more water

74 32.60%
  • Learn a new language

79 34.80%
  • Eat more organic food

81 35.68%
  • Learn something new

76 33.48%
  • Relax and enjoy life more

91 40.09%
  • Donate money

34 14.98%
  • Push myself less, go with the flow

26 11.45%
  • Make more short term personal goals

34 14.98%
  • Start yoga, meditation, therapy...

67 29.52%
  • Write more (a journal, book, articles....)

81 35.68%
  • Start a vegan cafe

46 20.26%
  • Become better at defining how I want my life to be

62 27.31%
  • Become better at doing what I actually want to do

79 34.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What do you want to change in your life?

pavotrouge

Default Re: What do you want to change in your life?

I should relax more. I pushed myself very hard for the past eight years and am very satisfied in a way, exhausted in another.

I'm also planning to relocate as soon as I can as this country is really getting me down.

EcoTribalVegan

I think I put quite a few things down. Mostly I would like to be more active in AR (beyond just living a cruelty-free lifestyle). Attend protests, meetings, speakers, etc. I think that was the biggest thing on that list.

The other thing I put (which I've been thinking about a lot recently for the future) is opening a vegan cafe. I'm so glad you put that option down. I hope to eventually become a lawyer (I love to argue; especially for animal rights) so maybe I could double as an office and a vegan cafe lol.

I checked quite a few. Mainly, I want to start loving myself. Find health, happiness, and purpose. I want to find my life again.

I checked quite a few. The vegan cafe would be quite nice

The main things I'd like change in my life though would be my temper - to focus it to something positive instead of being angry at such petty things all of the time. and also my depression - which I struggle with so much of the time ... to know that I have so much to look forward to and hope for and to not let that get weighed down by my self imposed negativity.

I ended up checking only one because it stuck out to me the most. I really need to learn to be more positive about myself and make myself be more assertive straight away, rather than waiting until things get their worst and/or not doing anything about it at all.

I would like to gain the courage to overcome the things that I have no control over in life. I would like to continue to have the strength that I have in doing everything that I do, but I'd like to be less tired and stressed in the process. I also want to figure out what I really want to do later, especially in reference to a career.

Aack! This poll stressed me out! There's so much stuff that I need to do! I need to take more classes so that I will graduate on time (DEC'08), I need to find a new job, I need to stop procrastinating, I need to learn how to better use quickbooks and excel, I need to finish fixing up my place, and I need to sign up to volunteer with the LAPD once a month because my neighborhood is SCARY!! There was a shooting 2 nights ago. I didn't put down that I need to move, though, because first I need to get a job where I make more money. And, I really like my apartment even though it's in the ghetto...
    *sigh*
    Well, congratulations to those of you who have made goals for improving your lives. And good luck on getting out of the country, pavotrouge. That's a really daunting task!

Jippia

Aww what is wrong with the gym Jippia?
    It is very small and I personally do not find the staff very good. A friend recommended it to me after I moved to Zutphen and she was very enthusiastic about it. I do not agree with her on this subject. I should not have signed a contract, but I am stuck with it until the summer. I have not been there for some time, for many different reasons. I will go there again next week (I have a sore throat now) and exercise, so that I do not waste my money. There is new gym on the other side of town that I want to check out.

Nice to read what you all want to change in your lives. I recognize many things.

Mirjam

Gazes at Trees

I want only One Thing. it's quite a big one but I do know how to do it/get it, I have the tools - it's just using them - breaking free of conditioned responses and habits, is an ongoing everyday thing. I want this :-

To be perfectly happy/content with whatever happens in my life, meaning complete acceptance, a deep understanding that everything is perfect.

Complete acceptance - rooted in present moment awareness.

Unshakeable Foundations, that'll do me!

I should grade papers quicker... I seem to accumulate stacks of essays, which causes a tad bit of stress!
    "All you need is love."

I've recently made some changes to my life, although small, they've helped me to move on to better things. Firstly I cut 3 things out of my life that were no longer serving me as they should:

1. My hairdresser. I was really beginning to have trust issues with her and didn't like the way she was doing whatever she wanted to my hair, without telling me first. Since then, I've found a new (more expensive), but a lot better hairdresser who I'm really happy with.

2. My yoga class. I was really starting to not enjoy the class anymore. It was getting too crowded and full of middle aged women who all knew each other, because their kids go to the local school together. The class was becoming a social gathering for them once a week, and as such things got really loud with chatter and banter, and yoga lost the whole meditational experience that I really used to enjoy.

3. Stopped ordering from an on-line skin care company that I used to love. They were taking far too long getting their oders out (over a week between placing the order, and when it left their shop), and they kept screwing the orders up all the time. I just don't need the headache.

In addition, I've become a lot more motivated in my life. I'm accepting social invitations that I used to turn down and tackling some of those things which I've procrastinated about for a long time.

In the new year, I'm looking forward to being able to finding a new job, and hopefully moving to a quieter location.

I want to be the person of my ideals, not just the play actor. I've come far but have so far to go...

My immediate goal is to ace my finals and end the semester with all A's. At my last university I suffered from mild depression, but it was enough to send my grades down the toilet. Now I'm in a new city at a new college with a better atmosphere and so far I'm doing way better.

My goal over winter break is to lift weights more regularly. I also want to go out for walks more since the weather here is nice. I also plan on volunteering with the local YMCA Center for Immigration Services. Those are my main goals for now...after that, I just want to graduate with a good GPA and an accounting degree, find something I'm passionate about, move to a foreign country, and do what I love with minimal stress

Oh and at some point I want to buzz my hair to see how I like it, just because I've always wanted to do it. But we'll see about that one, haha.

This thread was a really cool idea!

ivandurago

Next semester I hope to concentrate more on school and push for 4.0 GPA
    I want to start going to the gym everyday, and starting taking Tai Kwan Do or Ju-Jitsu.
    I need to stop drinking except on the weekends, and stop smoking ganja as it is getting to expensive.

Other than that I am very content with where I am at right now in my life

I'd like to get over things that have happened in the past, and have closure. But realistically, I don't think either of those things will ever happen. I'd also like to stop acting like a macho-guy all the time and actually cry every once in a while. It's like I act strong to make up for my emotional weakness, and I don't like that.

There are a lot of things I am working on (I took up yoga about 8 months ago and have been eating much healthier), but currently I am finishing up an internship and heading back to school in January.
    Mostly, I am ready to get back, finish up my chemical engineering degree (2 semesters left), and hopefully pull of some good grades.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

I chose a lot of them...

Body: do more exercise, get well (overcome disease), eat more healthy, eat more raw food, and eat more organic, do yoga

Mind: become better at accepting my limits, cope with my negativity, relax/ enjoy life more, become better at defining what I want my life to be

Other: move to a new place, spend less time on the computer, travel more, finish my education, get to know new people, be more ambitious

I am really looking forward to moving past some of the crap in my past and developing healthier coping mechanisms. I think eating healthier and exercizing consistently would help me deal a lot better. I also really want to travel after I graduate, it's my passion and I'd love to do it all the time.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

my goals are:
    to address my negative thinking of myself and others.
    to reach my healthy weight range
    to control binge eating
    to do/explore more self care
    study nutrition instead of the usual academic topics
    to go through with an operation I've been avoiding which is inevitable
    to have more compassion

Pilaf

I'm hitting the gym consistently this year. I've been inspired by all the vegan weight lifters I've learned about in the last couple of years.

Moonharvester

I just want the world and the residents of it to be happy. You know that's all nothing major.

"We must be the change we wish to see." Gandhi

cobweb

i want a permanent home here in Orkney, one that we own at least a bit of.

i want to lose 3 dress sizes.

i want to get back to at least half of my previous fitness level.

I would like to be more confident, i'd like to know for certain that i'm over depression. I would like to have a closer knit group of friends and have the money to go travelling. I need to start learning some more languages one day soon because i hate that i only know english.

rxseeeyse

one thing I want to do is to start running after my dream, so it will come true one day, which I'm starting right now, so it's all good

patientia

Country

everything
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

cobweb

Lose weight
    Find a permanent home
    Eliminate my Panic Attacks
    Get my son's Statement of Special Educational Need in place
    Buy a second caravan!