Thread: Titanium Cookware

Default Titanium Cookware

At the Toronto Vegetarian Fair this past summer/fall, a few booths demonstrated titanium cookware. We are interested in purchasing one or more items. Can anyone supply names of companies that deal in this type of cookware?

-- Germaine

Default Re: Titanium Cookware

Google found this place: http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategory_rn=239

Is there something better about titanium cookware than stainless steel?

Quote Rob(QG)
    Google found this place: http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategory_rn=239

Is there something better about titanium cookware than stainless steel?
    At the Toronto fest, the demonstrators showed amazing results: nonstick, easy cleanup, ability to cook without a lot of fat. More important, they claimed that titanium has none of the disadvantages of most commercial stick-free coatings (toxic when breathed). A major disadvantage is price. One large frying pan costs about $180 (not sure if that's American or Canadian). Stainless steel is fine, but there is the sticking problem, somewhat alleviated by adding much fat.

-- Germaine
    Last edited by germaine; Nov 28th, 2005 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Need to answer question better.

Demonstrators have a tendancy to be able to make miracles happen in a controlled environment. Funnily enough, at this year's ideal home show in London a demonstrator wouldn't let me poor any of my coffee on his bit of carpet, he was only willing to show me the awesome power of the cleaner using his special 'stains'.

Why not contact the show organisers? Given the fact that I doubt there's many people on the forum which attended that show (if any), you'll probably get better results
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Many thanx for the cautionary advice. I intend to be wary. I have already contacted the Toronto Vegetarian Assoc. but have to wait till they allow me into the forum before corresponding. Meanwhile, on the chance that someone out there knows the company/companies, I am fishing (interesting term for a vegetarian).