Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Vegan Children!

Veganmama

Smile Beautiful Vegan Children!

I have two beautiful girls, The first is 2.5 and has been Vegan since she was about 10 months old when her father an Omni finally saw the light..lol. My other daughter is 1.5 and has been Vegan since conception.

They both eat a high % of Raw food. They get strange looks at the park when other kids have packets of twisties and they are munching on a packet of sprouts...lol

I'll post a couple of pics if anyone is intrest in seeing a couple of healthy Vegans kids

ConsciousCuisine

Talking

What a great idea, VeganMama! Where else can we highlight our little "Vegan Warriors" in an open, accepting forum?

I have a beautiful, healthy, outgoing and sensitive 11 year old Vegan girl who is the picture of vibrant living! She's an actress, singer, dancer, published writer, print model and so much more! She has an amazing spirit and I am so proud of her! She is a vegan advocate and teaches by example. She knows to check labels and whene I'm not there to do it for her, she will not aaccept anything that she hasn't checked up on.She is tactful in her approach to introducing others to veganism and I learn from her in this way...

She is currently working on a production of "School House Rock" and has singing, acting and dancing solos. We bring all of her own food to the gatherings that are held and this has opened up an interesting dialogue amongst the other children and their families...

Blake Sebastiane is her name and she's making the "Peace" sign in this pic, but it was taken with our camera phone so some of it got cut off...

Awesome!

Veganmama

The first photo is of my 2.5 year old, i love the way all ready when she's offered food she asked if it's got cows milk in it, We drink soy she says, baby cows drink cows milk...lol

The second photo is of my youngest 1.5 she tells everyone she doesn'r drink cow boobies she drinks mama's boobies

Then a pic of them both helping me make Vegan muffins

c.c. & vm; you both have fantastic kids, what lovely pictures

continue to nurture and guide them and they will swoop and fly confidently on their own when the time is right

Great photos of your vegan beauties!! Congratulations on raising such fine, healthy young girls who proudly announce their veganism. My twins are 4 months old and I can say vegan since birth (breastfed + supplemented with non-GMO organic soy formula) and we most certainly plan on raising them vegan. They can be seen at www.suepearl.com if anyone is interested though those photos were taken when they were 2 months old (husband too busy to update the website, he's a stay-at-home dad).

I look forward to getting helpful advice from vegan moms on this forum.

Sue

Veganmama

your twins are precious sue,

I have two amazing angels!
    My boy is 3 and my girl is 5.
    Can't love them any more than I do.

Wanda,

I love your website, www.veganpeace.com. It has a really great format and information!

Soooooooooo many great pics feline01.

I have a beautiful Vegan/mommy's milk daughter. She will be 17 months on Thursday.

MzNatural,

She is a cutey-pie (vegan of course ) What a great smile!

Thanks feline01 your twins are beautiful. I was hoping for twins when I had my daughter perhaps next time I will. I love the pictures of your children, VeganMama and ConciousCuisine. It is so wonderful to see other Vegan children out there. I meant to comment about the other pictures earlier but I have been playing and chasing with my active bee!

Yes, I still have time to post since mine aren't walking yet And because unfortunately, I'm at work while my husband gets to stay home and raise the babies.

Beautiful children all!

I can't post mine since they're not vegan (yet!). Someday....

And feline01- you mentioned elsewhere that you're planning on homeschooling. Good for you. We are in our 7th official year and we love it.

Northern Lights,

Any links and/or tips you have on homeschooling? I know mine are very young but I'm trying to collect information to have on hand. And one is never too young (or too old) to learn! Fantastic that you've been doing it for 7 years!

Quote feline01
    Northern Lights,

Any links and/or tips you have on homeschooling? I know mine are very young but I'm trying to collect information to have on hand.
    For the most part, you need to remember that everything you're going to do over the next 5 years is teaching already. Getting kids to tie their shoes and use the toilet are far more challenging tasks in some ways than learning to read!

Two biggest things to remember as you learn more about homeschooling- number one:no one way to homeschool (hs) is the best. What works for others drives me crazy, and what I do with my children makes others shake their heads! But for us, it works. We live together, play together, learn together. Our family has gone on extended backcounty canoeing trips for up to 10 days in the wilderness, and we love it. I know some hsers that have their children sit at school desks in the basement completing workbook after workbook. I guess I have to say that's their choice, but it's not one I'd make!

Second- read to the kids. There is nothing more powerful than falling in love with reading as it opens doors to learning about everything imaginable. Read with funny voices, read books with beautiful pictures, read books with no pictures and draw your own (when they are big enough!!). That one thing as a daily constant means everyone is learning every day.

Obviously, I'm a little passionate about hsing in general!

We live across the street from campgrounds (suburban state park) and have said if the kids want to camp when they get older, we'll take them there and we can still go home and use the bathroom and shower without telling them . I'm not much of a camper, nor is my husband. I did tell my husband that everything we do is homeschooling and that helped him alot (he's a stay-at-home dad). I'm so excited about teaching them about the world and especially instilling in them a love for reading (which I have but my husband does not).

Default Here's my sweaty girl

Here's my daughter at the Avril Lavigne Concert. She was so sweaty, so it's not the best picture, but I love it because you can see how pretty her eyes are. She was standing, and was about armpit high to everyone else!

I don't have a recent picture of my son with me...... I have two brand new ones in my purse!

blue, your daughter is beautiful! She has lovely eyes.
    I like your horse.

Mz, thank you, she's my baby!

Lilac Hamster

We have three brought up vegan, aged 11, 8 and 3, one boy and two girls, Jonathan, Aurora and Lucy.

Lesley

All of your pics are wonderful. I have three grown children and two are now vegan. (I knew they would eventually get it right). (: The third is sometimes vegetarian. I wish I had raised them vegan, but I was a carnivore back then.
    :p Gwynneveg

Quote blue
    Here's my daughter at the Avril Lavigne Concert. She was so sweaty, so it's not the best picture, but I love it because you can see how pretty her eyes are. She was standing, and was about armpit high to everyone else!
    Blue, your daughter is lovely and your horse is amazing! You're right - her eyes, (your daughter's) are beautiful.

Living in Texas, do you know many vegans? You must be all alone there!

Gwynne,

Did you only post the photos of your 2 vegan children and left the 3rd out? That's way too funny. I wonder if he'll develop a complex . Maybe you'll guilt him into becoming vegan, "I won't show your photo to total strangers unless you become vegan "

Ha! My oldest son is an on-again, off-again vegan. He loves it that I am vegan, and was vegan for a few years, but when they started their own family, went back to eating animals. (Her mom is a nurse and brings more credibility than me for some reason). It kills me when the two grandchildren come over and their mom brings over whole milk and cheesy casseroles.

I guess I won't get in trouble if I add my oldest son and family pic to the list even tho. . . .

No, I don't think anyone would shoot you over including *gasp* your non-vegan child to this link. Seeing my grandchildren eat dairy would really bother me as well . I guess daughter-in-law's mom is not the most enlightened nurse when it comes to health .

I don't think many nurses are very enlightened, or doctors for that matter! I avoid both of them at all costs! I often feel like the lone ranger in this farm community. I watch my family members lose more of their health every day. They see me, and are quite impressed, but unwilling to do the same.

Anyway, here's to the two out of three vegan children in my family. You are one step ahead that you have started your babies out young. They are definately lucky to have you.

Thanks, I wish I had the advantages of a vegan diet from birth as well. Probably wouldn't be so overweight if I had. Plus, I think of all those animals I've eaten.

And your son and family might just come around some day

Have you even read "The Mcdougall Plan"? It would help you with any weight problems you have. My husband lost over 60 pounds when he finally went vegan and followed the McDougal Plan. (It is completely vegan, with no added oils.) I love it and have learned to cook without added oils. Challenging at first, but wonderful. If you're interested, I could give you more info.

I'm not usually interested in weight-loss plans but since this one is vegan, I am interested. I would like some more info, please PM me.

My daughter is 100% vegan now. She's loving it, and tells all of her friends and teachers how she's not killing animals anymore.
    Veganism = Peace
    Eating meat= Disease
    Tough choice huh? :rolleyes:

Any photo, Mshummus? We love looking at vegan children here!

I don't like to post pictures of her on the web. I've had some problems before, with sickos "stalking" me on another site after posting pics. I'm not saying anyone on this site would do that, I'm just not taking any chances. I hope I don't offend anyone, I'm just protective of my baby.
    Veganism = Peace
    Eating meat= Disease
    Tough choice huh? :rolleyes:

Quote feline01
    Any photo, Mshummus? We love looking at vegan children here!
    Yes we do!
    Good for your daughter, MsHummus.

Completely understandable, she's your #1 priority.

Default A Shameless Plug for the Vegan Twins website

Please forgive this shameless plug for the Vegan Twins website.

I can't help it, Ben and Sarah are just too cute!

So go to the Vegan Twins website and check out the Vegan Twins Photo Gallery.

By the way, the Vegan Twins website is the first hit on a google search for Vegan Twins.

PS: While you're there, check out Felíne's Photo Gallery.
    PS: She is, after all, the cutest cat in the world.

spo

Default Re: A Shameless Plug for the Vegan Twins website

Yes, Veganman, you and feline are two terrific vegan parents. The vegan twins do rock!! Yeah, Sarah and Ben!!. Yeah, Feline!!

Everybody check them out!! I am an officially designated vegan cheerleader for the vegan twins!!
    spo

I had nothing to do with this plug (though I had alot to do with the existence of the twins )

Kevster

Ha ha, i often pop onto the web-site to see how they're getting along and check out the new pics. They're lovely, and that is a very cute cat indeed!

BTW, Felíne has informed me that it has come to her attention that people have been mispelling her name as "Feline".

Although she is a Feline, her name is "Felíne" with an accent on the "i" (hold down ALT while typing "161" on the numeric keypad and you get "í").

spo

Quote VeganMan
    BTW, Felíne has informed me that it has come to her attention that people have been mispelling her name as "Feline".

Although she is a Feline, her name is "Felíne" with an accent on the "i" (hold down ALT while typing "161" on the numeric keypad and you get "í").
    Oh no, Veganman, tell Feline not to be mad at me! That doesn't work on a MAC Powerbook.
    I do know better; and was trying to figure out how to put in an accent, but so far--no good!

Can anyone who uses a MAC help me out. I don't want to incur the wrath of the very brave Feline??--er, pronounced Felini
    spo

VeganMan is talking out of his *ss, I don't care if you call me Felíne, Feline, Puss etc. . I think my vegan man is a bit anal-retentive .

spo

Quote feline01
    VeganMan is talking out of his *ss, I don't care if you call me Felíne, Feline, Puss etc. . I think my vegan man is a bit anal-retentive .
    LOL LOL LOL

Well, thank you, my adora-cat, you know, I'm a fan, yes??
    Kiss-Kiss to the great and brave Feline--protector and companion of the
    vegantwins!!!
    spo

You got a website Feline?

Your pictures are lovely, you're right to be very proud of yourselves and those lovely babies of yours. (and the pussy cat too, sorry I can't get the accent on feline's name either!)

I beg to differ Felíne - my name is Billy Garlic, and I currently instructing my human to write and inform you that I am the most beautiful cat in the world.

But I need to hurry up before the two female cats with whom I share my luxurious abode realise that I have said this, since they are under the shared misaprehension that they are the most beautiful.

Billy Garlic (as transcribed by Mary.)

ConsciousCuisine

Default Beautiful Vegan Children!

Post pictures of yours (or someone else's, with permission)!

Here's one of My Sweetie taken with a Camera Phone. She's making the "Peace" sign

Default Re: Beautiful Vegan Children!

Awww, CC, she's so cute and healthy looking!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Default Re: Beautiful Vegan Children!

Gorgeous, CC.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.