Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Addiction to meat?

Rocket Queen

Default Re: "I love meat too much"

Ace responses everyone. I actually respect this answer every so slightly more than most answers though. I agree , it's shit to hear and it doesn't hold water with me at all. BUT it's better than 'It's healthy'/ 'The animals don't suffer'/'It's natural'/'God lets us eat meat'/'I need meat 'cos I workout a lot/need the protein/am a man' etc etc. At least they're saying they like the taste-they don't actually BELIEVE it's right.

Don't get me wrong please, fellow vegans, I hate to hear it, but I hope someone knows what I mean?
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Whenever I get that response I only hear the translation 'I'm a selfish asshole', because this answer often comes after a conversation where you tell them where the meat comes from and often they already know. So I often say 'well you have to live with yourself and if this is the attitude you are happy with for yourself then so be it, I certainly wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing what I'm doing to myself and the world if I were you.' Then I feel I've given it back to them and I can walk away.

Rocket Queen

Yes, it is a selfish arsehol response. My post was stating that, at least the person acknowledges and realises they are such, rather than making excuses and burying the fact.
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Quote Festered View Post
    Don't get me wrong please, fellow vegans, I hate to hear it, but I hope someone knows what I mean?
    I know what you mean Festered

Better an honest arse'ole than a dishonest one, kinda thing?
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Personally I don't see this 'selfish asshole response' as better than any other reason since the outcome is still the same. In fact when someone comes up with some bullshit reason like 'humans are hunters' or whatever at least I can point out that it's bullshit. When someone comes with 'but I love eating meat too much' that's usually means it's the end of the conversation for them, there's not much to say after this, they've retreated out of the discussion showing their colours stating they're selfish and just don't care. I find it very offensive and aggravating when someone says this, for me it's like the example mentioned before with the kiddy fiddler saying, I won't stop messing with kids because I just love fiddling with them too much. There's nothing charming about this answer and when I'm in a bad mood I'll acuse them of being in the same line of thinking as a serial killer or a child abuser or something similar. Usually doesn't help the conversation, but then it was over anyway when they made that conversation killer 'but I love meat too much'.

Quote khadagan View Post
    Usually doesn't help the conversation, but then it was over anyway when they made that conversation killer 'but I love meat too much'.
    Coversation killer?

If you have enough compassion for someone to want to help them not to be an ass-hole then "I love meat too much" is a brilliant conversation starter.

I get you. I 'respect' hunters more than folks who hate hunters while eating meat.
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

Quote Haniska View Post
    I get you. I 'respect' hunters more than folks who hate hunters while eating meat.
    Hmmmm ...

I only respect hunters who have no problem with me getting a high powered rifle and a permit to hide out in the woods and take pot-shots at them.

Quote Cupid Stunt View Post
    Hmmmm ...

I only respect hunters who have no problem with me getting a high powered rifle and a permit to hide out in the woods and take pot-shots at them.
    LOL, I'll join you!