Thread: Help me look good naked - healthy eating and exercise plan needed.

Talking Help me look good naked - healthy eating and exercise plan needed.

Hehe--I bet that caught your eye!

Anyway, I need help!! Last night-I was putting my jeans on and when I went to lean down...they tore! No joke! I weighed myself and I have gained five pounds in like 2 weeks...eeech!

Anyway-I need a plan for healthy eating and exercise. What sort of meals/meal plans do you all reccomend? How 'bout exercise? How many Xs per week?

Thanks!
    -Julie

Blueshark

Default Re: Help me look good naked!

This thread is useless without pics

Default Re: Help me look good naked - healthy eating and exercise plan needed.

Hey now!

Blueshark

My favourite exercise is swimming...
    ...but you have to get almost naked for that

I love it - do 1km at a time - try to go 3 times a week, but being slack recently.

Another exercise is cycling - also great as it is transport to.

Both of these forms are good because of the low impact nature - less injuries.

I used to think that the point of exercise was to look good naked, but then I realised that was jumping the gun - so now my aim is to look good clothed.

Quote creature
    ...now my aim is to look good clothed.
    Well, not to sound like a big letch or anything, but I think you've achieved that aim

Quote creature
    I used to think that the point of exercise was to look good naked, but then I realised that was jumping the gun - so now my aim is to look good clothed.
    hehe. Maybe I should change my goal too!

Blueshark

I think the point of sport is to have fun, the point of exercise is to become healthy.

When your body shape changes as a result - there is nothing wrong with enjoying that to!

Try also the food combining diet. Don't mix starches and proteins in the same meal. For example stir fried veggies and rice is good or tofu and veggies is good. Chilli without the burrittos etc. Always make sure you have at least one protein based meal a day. I am working towards this diet myself.
    Don't blame me for avian flu :(

Thanks for the replys!

I'm trying to lose 10 - 15 pounds right know. I eat pretty much the same things as before, but in much smaller portions, and I don't do candy bars and other sugary stuff. My exercise routine is running on the treadmill 40 min. 4 times a week. Lots of fruit and water. So far, so good. I'm actually feeling energized eating less!
    Can't stand complicated commercial diets - they're just schemes in my view.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

kriz- I agree w/ you-diets are scams! I just want a healthy eating and exercise plan.

-Julie

P.S.-Good Luck!

Quote kriz
    Can't stand complicated commercial diets - they're just schemes in my view.
    If you are referring to the food combining diet, I'd like to emphasise that this is not so much a diet but a way of eating healthily and it dates back thousands of years.

Sassafrass: I'm with you on this one! I would like to also lose a bit of extra weight (and replace it with muscle.) I just have one size to drop, but I really want to reshape...not be a toothpick! (I'll never be a toothpick! lol!)

In the past, Pilates changes the shape of my body and posture and was amazing! I may start that again! I tend to give up on scheduled exercises easily, but throughout the day I try to add more exercise in naturally, like parking further away from the shops, taking the stairs, stretching a lot here and there and little things like that that add up!

Keep us updated and if you find something that is working for you, let us know! PS> if that's you in the avie...you have nothing to change at all! You're very pretty & healthy looking to me already!! I think the jeans were just not made properly.
    Call me Candi! :D

Also, add me on your MySpace account! http://www.myspace.com/vegancandi :)

Quote englishvegoboi
    If you are referring to the food combining diet, I'd like to emphasise that this is not so much a diet but a way of eating healthily and it dates back thousands of years.
    No, the one you mentioned does not sound like a fade diet. I was thinking more along the line of Atkins, South Beach, the Zone...

But - there's no weight loss without any pain and discipline, though...

Zandi- Yep-that's me! Thanks for the compliments!

I'll let you kow if I find something that works!

<3,
    Julie

ive lost almost ten pounds recently, simply by eating less and moving more!
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

That's all there is to it, really - unless there's a underlying medical condtion which makes it difficult to shed the pounds. I lost 20 pounds at one point by doing just that. I did allow myself to have 1 "junk day" a week when I could eat SOME "forbidden" stuff. It worked nicely for me.

Yoga is excellent for toning, shaping, and flexibility. Eat balanced meals, plenty of fruits and vegetables, raw and cooked, grains, legumes, and nuts. You'll be set. Do some cardio and weight-lifting, too. Don't forget your arms.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

If you stick to a vegan diet but keep the portions smaller, and continue swimming or walking, and a bit of weightlifting for your arms, that's all you need to do.
    Eve

I have such a sweet tooth.
    After I've finished my dinner I crave something sweet to finish it off with, its so annoying!
    Especially while I sit here munching on a pack of Bourbon Biscuits...!

Quote Troutina
    I have such a sweet tooth.
    After I've finished my dinner I crave something sweet to finish it off with, its so annoying!
    Especially while I sit here munching on a pack of Bourbon Biscuits...!
    I know what you mean...I love my dark chocolate!

As a woman I think the best thing to do is weight bearing exercise. Nothing burns calories at rest like muscle (even fat burns calories at rest, but so little). So, lift weights and eat smaller portions is my advice. I am 5'10" and weigh 135-140 pounds, maintained at my age by following a strict weight lifting and cardio schedule along with very healthy eating. If you start at your age then you'll never have a problem later. You only get one body. Good luck.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Quote kriz
    No, the one you mentioned does not sound like a fade diet. I was thinking more along the line of Atkins, South Beach, the Zone...

But - there's no weight loss without any pain and discipline, though...
    I couldn't agree with you more. Most diets are a fad and totally sidesteps the real issues regarding health. My best friends Mum loves to eat really fatty meat and has started to take tablets to stop her body from absorbing the fat. However the side effect of this is that she secretes an oily discharge out of her bum

diane, care to share what your exercise routine looks like?
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Sure Tina.

I work out 6 days per week (sometimes 5, more rarely 7) and do approximately 20-30 minutes rowing in the winter. In warmer months I ride my bike and hike outside. My weights routine varies about every 4 weeks.

Routine 1
    Day 1: Legs and Abs
    Day 2: Chest
    Day 3: Biceps and Abs
    Day 4: Triceps
    Day 5: Back and Abs
    Day 6: Shoulders

Routine 2
    Day 1: Legs and Abs
    Day 2: Back and Biceps
    Day 3: Shoulders and Abs
    Day 4: Chest and Triceps

I vary the exercises at times (I don't really have a pattern for this). Abs I do about 3 different exercises for 2 minutes each, spaced between whatever body part I am exercising. Always do lower back exercises after abs.

I also change how I do reps occasionally. I always do 3 sets. I do 12, 10 and 8 or I do really slow sets of 10, 8 and 6.

I currently have a gym at home but will be going back to a membership gym when I move next spring - that will probably be good for me as there will be different equipment to vary my exercises.

I hope that helps.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Quote SassAFrass
    I just want a healthy eating and exercise plan.

-Julie
    Well, as a vegan you certainly have a headstart in the healthy eating department. As for exercise, belly-dancing is my thing. I take lessons, dance with my group once a week, and shimmy every time a good song comes on the radio. I put music on whenever I'm feeling blue or pink or yellow or brown or red... It keeps me moving all the time, really

In addition to the by-products of shaping and toning, belly dancing is very good at helping me love the skin I'm in. In class, it's the women with a belly to roll and shimmy that are looked at with respect and awe. Even those who are shy at the beginning are willing to show off their bellies by the end. Talk about a wonderful alternative to the media images we're bombarded with every day. I went from self-consciously tugging at my shirt to hide my stretchmarks to showing them off at parties when people ask me to perform.

Well, I am kind of a 'junkatarian' if you know what I mean...

Belly dancing! How awesome!

You could always jump into TTL and swim.. I'm sure it feels invigorating when the snowmelt is running off the nearby mountains.

Seriously tho, find activities/sports/exercises that get your heartrate up, and also some that work on strength/muscle tone. If you vary your routine, you could shoot for 7 days/week. I believe our bodies were designed for a daily sweat.

My own strategy to "look good naked" = find visually impaired boyfriend

you could always try beer and low lighting!
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote thecatspajamas1
    My own strategy to "look good naked" = find visually impaired boyfriend
    That's what I did .
    Beer & low lighting work wonders too