Thread: Do you want to open a vegetarian restaurant in Columbus, OH?

Default Do you want to open a vegetarian restaurant in Columbus, OH?

Dear fellow vegans and vegetarians:

Are you interested in opening a new all-vegetarian restaurant? Your services are requested to make our dreams come true. Backgrounds in business are a priority. I am looking for people who know how to run a successful business and who are highly motivated to succeed. They must be open to opinions and work well around their fellow employees. Here is my background. I am a Hocking College Culinary Arts School graduate with American Culinary Federation certification. I also have an Occupational Certificate In Cooking, and I also have certification in Serve Safe Sanitation. I took several business courses in Hocking College, which were Marketing and Small Business Management. I earned a B in both of those. Some of the other courses as part of my education were Accounting, Microsoft Office, Human relations In Organizations, Interpersonal Relationships, etc.

I have a goal of bringing delicious vegan and vegetarian food to a wide variety of people. The kind of restaurant I want to open would be a family-friendly restaurant that is accessible to average people, vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Many people are intimidated by the average vegetarian restaurant because of the unfamiliar food, and they are unsure of what to make of them. The restaurant I want to open would have familiar sounding items, a relaxed casual atmosphere, a children’s menu, and a knowledgeable staff as well.

There are many obstacles to overcome to make this a success though. One is that I do not have experience in running a business. That is why it is so important to find people who know how to run a successful business. Another is deciding where this restaurant will be. It could be in Columbus, where there are plenty of locations available and where other vegetarian restaurants have succeeded. It is another possibility that we could locate our restaurant in a smaller town where we would not be out-of-place, such as one with a liberal-arts college or a well-known progressive town. It should also be addressed how this restaurant would be run. I have a community-owned and worker-owned concept in my mind that is similar to other vegetarian restaurants I have visited. Naming the restaurant is an important decision, but it is too early in this process to settle on one. Ultimately these decisions will be based on costs and research.

If this idea sounds of interest to you, please contact me by e-mail at sa_vegan@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Steve Adkins, CC

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: Do you want to open a vegetarian restaurant in Columbus, OH?

Best of luck! That's great news! If you had said "vegan" and not "vegetarian" I may have considered a move!

It has been my dream to open a vegan restaurant one day. Do I have a business degree? No. But what I do have is vision. I have building plans drawn out, a catchy name (two actualy), a logo, and print media concepts.

I just don't know where to start with it all.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Troub
    It has been my dream to open a vegan restaurant one day. Do I have a business degree? No. But what I do have is vision. I have building plans drawn out, a catchy name (two actualy), a logo, and print media concepts.

I just don't know where to start with it all.
    You need a business plan and a backer/investor as well as staff

I just need a backer/investor