Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a vegan care package!

Default I got a vegan care package!

I have the sweetest sister ever!

http://store.yahoo.com/healthygoodies/vegan.html

Uhm...that is my excuse for the bad dinner in the "what did you eat today" thread.

Awesome, huh?

That's pretty cool!! Your sister IS a sweety

Myself and ConsciousCuisine are sorting out a care package for each other, and I thought it'll be a good idea if others fancy doing it to. Just choose somebody in a different country and pm them to ask if they fancy doing it, or leave your interest here, and then when you get a match, pm each other from there. Just agree on an amount to spend, what each of you would/would not prefer, swap your address etc etc.

i'd be interested to take part with someone

i'd be interested in swapping with a non-UK vegan too, PM me if you're interested please!

ConsciousCuisine

Gorilla, as I understand it, you and Gert are able to hang out together, right? Maybe I could just send a "double" package with 2 of everything and ship it all at once and you and Gert could do the same for me? That way you could each have something new or different to try and my family could as well...just a thought... I am open to doing the same thing with others too, with packages of any size or dollar amount, within reason...

Thanks a lot ConsciousCuisine. Gert and i also know Cedarblue, so i don't want Cedar to feel left out! - perhaps we could all sort something out between us?

ConsciousCuisine

Cool! Luckily, I am in the Catering business and can handle crowds It's actually just as easy for me to send 3 of everything and then get an assortment back! (there are 3 vegans in my household too) It's perfect, actually!

Quote Gorilla
    Thanks a lot ConsciousCuisine. Gert and i also know Cedarblue, so i don't want Cedar to feel left out! - perhaps we could all sort something out between us?

thank you

I know I'm new to this board but I'd love to swap with a UK vegan and get some great UK vegan goodies. Since ConsciousCuisine can get the west coast vegan goodies, I can cover the east coast vegan goodies if anyone is interested.

Just to say my care package to cc is on its way. Has anybody received theres yet ?

Hmm, I've never done this sort of thing before. Any Eurovegans interested? I'd like to take part. If you're from continental Europe I'd be especially interested as some of the US vegan distributors have a good selection of UK wares. UK vegans are welcome, however; I'm sure not everything is available here!
    "I intend to live forever. So far, so good."

wait! i have 2 questions:

1) i've never tried vegan chocolate (or some of the other stuff in the basket), is it truly yummy?

2) is that a good price for the package? (like i said, i haven't had the chance to buy most of those things, actually, i've never even seen any of those things except the soy milk, please forgive my silly questions!)

i do wish i had seen this thread earlier though, i would have sent myself a package for the last hurricane i was in

Hey you,

I´m a Eurovegan, from Germany and I´d really like to have some UK and US veg.goodies, so it would be fun to make an exchange with anyone who wants (especially I really like the uk-cheese, it´s pretty hard to get in Germany).

Ok, if somebody wants to write and make a deal: linda.sperling@gmx.de

The Tree Huggin' Treats were awesome. I don't normally eat sweets such as that. The chocolate flavor was delicious.

The package is probably good for gift-giving only. If you want certain items, you should order direct.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Hey Phoebe, I wrote to you about a possible trade; check your inbox
    "I intend to live forever. So far, so good."

my care package partner and i (uk & usa) agreed that instead of fixing a top amount to spend on the package, it may be more sensible to agree on say 10 or 12 items and then the sender can spend whatever they fee able to instead of having to match others.

after all its the items in the package that count isnt it, not the value really.

Woohoo, thanks to CC I have a US care package.

Its got sooooo much in it. The Wha Guru chew has gone already, as has the Newmans Own dark chocolate. Mmmmmm chocolate. Its got everything, from herbal toothpaste, to super fruits desert mix, to meatless pepperoni snack. Too much to fit into one post.

Thankyou CC. I'll be seeing several other forum members on saturday, so if its ok with you, I'll share the goodies with them to.

ConsciousCuisine

Yes! I think that's so great of you to share! (It WAS a big package and my family had so much fun choosing your treats)

Blessings!

tails4wagging

thanks for the web address, my friends and I are ordering a parcel between us, hope it gets here in uk ok!?.

Hi! I want to participate in a vegan care package too!!! There are some things that I want, that I cannot get here in Australia and I would love to swap goodies with someone!!!! Anyone from US who is interested, private msg me or just converse with me on this thread!!!!

Default Care Package

Does anybody, not in Australia want to swap a care package????? I posted on another thread but I am not sure if anyone saw

I'd be interested! I have never sent anything to Australia, though. Do you go to the regular post office or UPS store to do that? LOL

Send me a PM when you have time, unless someone else beat me to it!

woohoooo! i just got my package from feline01. its full of lovely treats, we're all very excited about digging into it.

thanks feline01

ConsciousCuisine

Quote gertvegan
    Woohoo, thanks to CC I have a US care package.

Its got sooooo much in it. The Wha Guru chew has gone already, as has the Newmans Own dark chocolate. Mmmmmm chocolate. Its got everything, from herbal toothpaste, to super fruits desert mix, to meatless pepperoni snack. Too much to fit into one post.

Thankyou CC. I'll be seeing several other forum members on saturday, so if its ok with you, I'll share the goodies with them to.

Did they enjoy the treats? Did you? What did you like best or what was the most unusual item?

I am still looking out for mine...

Ciao!

Isn't that weird. I was going to pm you today about the "missing package". No really, I was, scouts honour.

I very much liked the choccie bars, can't remember the brands though, the sports/omega bars to. The many many (and I mean many) different teas was the best. I haven't been a real tea drinker previously but now my senses have been woken to the wonderful world of tea. I've even found a health food shop that stocks two of the brands, so will be purchasing them in the not so distant future. Sorry, I couldn't bring myself to attempt the jerkies (fake meat and all that), but that gorilla took them off my hands, along with the chimpanzee bar which was funny. I can't remember who took what, but it was appreciated I can assure you of that.

I need to dig out my postage receipt for the care package that I sent you. Foolishly I think I may not have insured it, but if its not found its way to you by the xmas fayre over here, I do a shop then, and send you another no worries.

Thanks again.

I've just sent my 2nd care package to cc. Like a doofus, I didn't insure the first .

If others fancy doing it to. Just choose somebody in a different country and pm them to ask if they fancy doing it, or leave your interest here, and then when you get a match, pm each other from there. Just agree on an amount to spend, what each of you would/would not prefer, swap your address etc etc.

I'm still on the lookout for cedar's box for me. I get the impression that the UK to US post isn't the most reliable

I have never done one but I'd like to eventually

ConsciousCuisine

Let's do one, Banana! Do you know anything about shipping to Australia to the US or vice versa? Is it hellishly expensive? I have no experieince...

I have no idea - I cannot imagine that it would be cheap - but oh well, you only live once

PinkFluffyCloud

I posted an airmail package from UK to Aus recently, it was fairly heavy and cost £8, and arrived within a week. Make sure you request it to go 'Small Packet' rate.
    And don't send teabags to Australia!! Mine were removed by Customs!!

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Banana
    I have no idea - I cannot imagine that it would be cheap - but oh well, you only live once
    Speak for yourself, sister! lol! I have lived bfore and I shall live again!

Let's do it! PM me and we'll get a trade going!

This might have been said on the other pages (didn't really read them fully) but what goes in a vegan care package?

If i cant kill it i WONT eat it, If i cant look into its eyes and hurt it, I wont take from it.

Quote Tigerlily
    This might have been said on the other pages (didn't really read them fully) but what goes in a vegan care package?

anything, preferably from another country, that a vegan may enjoy!
    eg. cookies, choc bars, crisps, treats, savory spreads, marmite, crackers, sweets, fruit/nut bars etc......

feline01 and i recently swapped packages and both ours reach each other.

im willing to swap another one if anyone wants to do it from outside the UK. feline01 is in the USA so maybe someone outside there would be nice

if ya all are doing this still in a month or so may i do one with someone (gives me time to save up?)
    thank you
    If i cant kill it i WONT eat it, If i cant look into its eyes and hurt it, I wont take from it.

hello.... I'm interested in doing one... but Iceland has like NO vegan treats, so I wouldn't be able to send nearly anything back
    only thing I could do is bake a batch of cookies or something... PM me anyone!
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote cedarblue
    anything, preferably from another country, that a vegan may enjoy!
    eg. cookies, choc bars, crisps, treats, savory spreads, marmite, crackers, sweets, fruit/nut bars etc......

feline01 and i recently swapped packages and both ours reach each other.

im willing to swap another one if anyone wants to do it from outside the UK. feline01 is in the USA so maybe someone outside there would be nice

Erm, just a word to the wise - I sent Geoff chocolate, it was all melted by the time he got it (in the Brisbane heat!). Also, I sent him herbal tea, but all seeds are banned in Australia, so his parcel got opened and the tea was confiscated! Shame, that, it was Pukka 'Love' Tea, what a waste!

I am ready to do one if anypne is interested

i have swapped packages with US and iceland and am looking to swapsy with someone from, say, OZ? canada? west coast US??

pm me if anyone is interested

cedar, I will be going to the shop in a few days, I'll buy the stuff then
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

I wouldn't mind doing an Oz care package exchange or mainland Europe if anyone's interested there. PM me if you are.

I am in the middle of the US. So anyone looking for that area, PM me.

I live near veganessentials, but I am pretty sure they ship to most of the world.

i'm willing to wrap up some chocolate and snacks and shit if anyone can wrap up and send me a nice vegan woman. (make sure you put enough stamps on, and leave a little a little hole so she can breathe.)

I am DYING to try the new Nature's Path Optimum zen and Optimum power oatmeals. We won't be getting them in Australia, so if anyone can help me out - maybe someone wants something from Oz?

I know about their Optimum Zen cereal but I didn't know they were making an Optimum Zen oatmeal!

Yeah - it is advertised on the back of the original box! And on their website:
    Nature's Path

ConsciousCuisine

Banana, they are soooo good! I'll swap with you, Sweets! We are wayyyy overdue for a swap! Let's do it! I'll start gathering stuff tomorrow!

Default What have people put in their packages?

To all those people who have swapped stuff, what sorts of stuff have you given/recieved???? I can;t say yet, coz mine haven't arrived to those people yet and it is a surprise LOL .