Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a vegan care package!

Hmmmm well let's see. I have swapped with my vegan buddy twice now and I received many, many different items including but not limited to lol:

Christmas Pudding
    Vegan Cream
    All different types of Vegan Chocolates
    Cookies
    Vegan Jelly
    Vegan Energy/Health Food Bars
    Couscous
    Many different types of tea
    Vegan Parmazzano

We are hoping to do another swap for later on this year lol - and we both are already planning what to put in the next package.

Seaside

Default Re: I got a vegan care package!

This sounds like fun! Is anyone interested in exchanging care packages?

Unhappy Re: I got a vegan care package!

My advice is don't do it. I sent two packages to people and never recieved mine .

ConsciousCuisine

You still never received yours? I didn't either! I can send another or give you a package when you come to the states, Banana

I also never received one from one of the people I did the Christmas exchange with; that person no longer posts here and I have attempted to met up with her about it online, to no avail.

That being said, I successfully exchanged with Artichoke (lovely!) and Gertvegan(brilliant!)

I received an awesome gift from ConsciousCuisine but never from the person who I was supposed to exchange with.

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    You still never received yours? I didn't either! I can send another or give you a package when you come to the states, Banana
    No that is Ok -- you probably spent heaps of money anyway. I know I did - Sarah got her package from me, but I didn't get it from her. The postal service is terrible What was in it, by the way

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    I also never received one from one of the people I did the Christmas exchange with; that person no longer posts here and I have attempted to met up with her about it online, to no avail.
    That isn't fair

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    That being said, I successfully exchanged with Artichoke (lovely!) and Gertvegan(brilliant!)
    Well I am glad others have had good experiences with it

sorry to hear you've had a bad experience Banana. Roxy and i have successfully swapped packages twice. i would advise people sending packages to get them insured if that's available at their post office, because then if the packages get lost you can claim back the money you spent on them (at least you can if you post in the UK anyway).
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

cedarblue sent me something recently and I never received it but we had previously exchanged packages and it was great. Me and boomer are now doing our 2nd exchange and I just got a great cookbook from PinkFluffyCloud .

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Artichoke47
    I received an awesome gift from ConsciousCuisine but never from the person who I was supposed to exchange with.

I have a feeling that prson was the same one who never responded to my attempts to find out what happened to the package I was supposed to get from them as well

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Banana
    No that is Ok -- you probably spent heaps of money anyway. I know I did. The postal service is terrible What was in it, by the way

Do you really want to know what was in it? It's quite a list...

Seaside

I got a care package from spo! It contained food for the mind rather than the tummy, plus a few extra surprises. Thank you, spo!

spo

You are very welcome, my friend. I always love "food for the mind" - it does a vegan's body good!!
    spo

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Do you really want to know what was in it? It's quite a list...
    YES - I love to torture myself LOL

This is some of what was in yours (that I can remember)

Most of it was organic:

- lemon polenta porridge
    - hot date chutney
    - pasta sauce (I forget which flavour - Basil & garlic, arrabiatta or fungi)
    - popcorn
    - tangerine soychocolate
    - organic macadamia nut butter w/ davidson plum swirl (I think)
    - some sort of organic specialty jams
    - mungbean chips

that is all I can remember right now.

just received the most wonderful package from luvvery seaside

vegan mallow
    dried cranberries
    choccie
    soup
    cookies
    jerky
    lip balm
    seasoning
    salsa
    jam
    tortilla chips

mmmmmm....wonderful, thanks seaside

*sings; oh we do like to be beside the seaside, oh we do like to be beside the sea...de dum de dum*

Seaside

Thank you cedarblue! I have never had Tartex before. The lemon zest cookies are the best! If we could exchange vegan care packages with omnis, I am sure we would win converts. I just wouldn't want to eat what they send in return.

You're back, seaside! Welcome!
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Seaside

Thank you, kriz. It's good to be back. I got moved three weeks ago, after a year of asking the harbormaster to move the boat, so I guess having to wait three weeks for the phone box to get moved too isn't so bad!

Talking Re: I got a vegan care package!

my mother sent me a care package at school and all it had in it was slim jims, beef jerkey, and beef flavored ramin with a note that read "you over that phase yet" - how sweet

Gliondrach

I'm willing to exchange packages. Anyone want to send me some chocolates in exchange for a box of mashed potatoe sandwiches?

Seaside

How tempting! Will you do the mashing yourself, or leave it up to the shippers to mash them in transit?

What's beef jerkey? And doesn't it contain beef?

Come to think of it, what's a slim jim?

Gliondrach

Quote Seaside
    How tempting! Will you do the mashing yourself, or leave it up to the shippers to mash them in transit?
    Actually, I'm withdrawing the offer. I like those sandwiches too much.

Gliondrach

Quote miss_laura
    What's beef jerkey? And doesn't it contain beef?

Come to think of it, what's a slim jim?
    I think that beef jerkey is dried strips of beef.

A slim jim sounds like that tool used by car thieves to open car doors.

Seaside

Beef jerky is dried strips of beef, and slim jims are highly processed stick-shaped meat snacks. Neither need refrigeration.

We get tasty vegan versions of these things over here, but I'm not willing to share unless I can have some of those mashed-potato sandwiches.

Do the mashed potato sandwiches have ketchup? Coz that would be double delish!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm... some of those vegan care packs seem really nice. *thinking of previus really yummy care pack sent by cedarblue* when I get back from America, anyone want to do a care pack with me? I´ve got some really yum icelandic stuff!
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

Gliondrach

Banana and Seaside, you can't have any mashed potato sandwiches because I've decided to scoff them all myself. I can, however, sell you a copy of my new book: '100 Things To Do With Mashed Potatoes'. It is a bargain at just £19.99.

Those beef jerky (vegan version ) things might be on sale here. I've seen various things that look like slices of ham that are described as mock turkey and mock ham. Don't fancy them, myself.

Seaside

Hi All! Ok, I want to swap a care package so bad
    I'm living in NYC and they have great vegan markets and wonderful treats in them! Some of the food I hear about from the UK and Australia sounds so good. Let me know if someone wants to, private message and I'll get on my hunt for yummy vegan goodies! It sounds so fun
    Be thankful for this moment, this moment is your life:)

Smile Re: I got a vegan care package!

if anyone wants to send themselves a care package, heres how...
    a couple of friends of mine started up a bakery not too long ago and they are just now building up. its called the TOTALLY VEGAN BAKERY If your throwin a party or anything they encourage big orders! they make really great baked goods and i am getting my b-day cake from them - i recomend the chocolate cookies. anyway check them out. If you live in the area you can pick it up or if you dont they will send it too you - so help them out its for a good cause! http://www.totallyveganbakery.com/index.htm

Quote strawberry
    Hi All! Ok, I want to swap a care package so bad
    I'm living in NYC and they have great vegan markets and wonderful treats in them! Some of the food I hear about from the UK and Australia sounds so good. Let me know if someone wants to, private message and I'll get on my hunt for yummy vegan goodies! It sounds so fun
    NYC has the best vegan goodies!! i always have the most delicious time when i go!

i would love to do a swap. i hear these wonderful things about vegimite and m-something-mite. everyone here in the usa says they taste like crap but no one has ever had them!!
    it would be quite fun, who doesn't like getting mail, especially if you can eat it. i usually just get bills and they don't taste that good

i made a lovely care package for my cousin serving in iraq- it had no vegan products (before i went vegan) and a copy of maxim mag. (i figured that was what army dudes read- or maybe he could trade it for something, like in prison) his girlfriend was pissed.

i would require a hand made gift in my swap, as i would make some piece of junk art work in return

ConsciousCuisine

Red face Re: Newmanos

Quote Seaside
    Some of us have swapped care packages before. I exchanged with cedarblue, and it was tasty and fun! Some folks have had trouble with the post, though, I guess.

Not just trouble with the post! I had an experience where a person acted in a shady manner

I exchanged with 4 people...three of them got everything and it was delightful...one never got mine and I never got hers... and then another got mine but I didn't get his and so he sent another (it was lovely).

One of the people I sent an expensive family package to (for her *and* her daughter) received it and said she sent a package to me in return (after multiple "delays"), but it never came and then she gave me a bogus tracking number and stopped posting here altogether so you be the judge as to what really happened here.

That being said, I love exchanging with honest people and won't hesitate to do so with people who have been active, long-term members (and will insure all packages as well!).

Default Re: Something occurred to me...

Quote strawberry
    awww, Banana! take a chance in me I understand your worry about the postage stuff. When my b/f lived in France I always used to send him packages and sent them priority. Priority is key. While it costs more, he always got everything within a week.
    I would love to trade, if your ever up for it.
    OK I will think about it - my boyfriend will kill me though coz of last time (I spent like $400 Will it have alternative baking company double chocolate cookies in it??? I promise I will think about it....

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: Something occurred to me...

You spent $400.00??? Who else did you swap with???

Just get the package insured this time; that's what I am going to do...that and only swap with others who have successfully swapped or have credibility on this site, due to the one very shady thing that happened with a person I was to exchange with (I comment on it in the "I got a vegan care package" thread, something separate from our mutual postal mishap, Banana ).

Default Re: Newmanos

I swapped with LyricSarah too - but I know she wasn't phony - and I know you weren't referring to me either

Yes def alternative baking cookies! esp. peanut butter & chocolate chip! mmmmm and newman O's of course
    Be thankful for this moment, this moment is your life:)

This sounds super fun but I don't think my mother would like the idea very much.

Can teabags be mailed to the US?

ConsciousCuisine

I can understand why a mother would be concerned

If you exchange with someone, be sure to request that they send you all pre-packaged edibles and your mom can check to be sure the seal is still intact

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Not just trouble with the post! I had an experience where a person acted in a shady manner

One of the people I sent an expensive family package to (for her *and* her daughter) received it and said she sent a package to me in return (after multiple "delays"), but it never came and then she gave me a bogus tracking number and stopped posting here altogether so you be the judge as to what really happened here.
    hmm.. was this person from the usa? if it's the same person i am thinking of, she (they) seemed rather shady, even on the forum

someone found me to do a swap to the uk! so exicted to do some vegan shopping for someone else, besides myself. i have many ideas.

I wonder if CC and I had a similar experience with the SAME, exact person.

Oh, well. I did get a lovely gift from CC, and I hope she liked mine!

ConsciousCuisine

Yep, you got it! Same person.

I LOVED your gift, as did my family!

This book was especially beautiful:

The Peace to All Beings: Veggie Soup for the Chicken's Soul
    Judy Carman
    Lantern Books 07/03 Paperback $14.00
    ISBN 1590560051

And the package was full of thoughtful, high-quality vegan/organic products!

Who was this person? The nosey wart in me wants to know!

LittleNellColumbia

Would anyone be interested in doing a swap with someone in the Maritimes??
    Pls let me know. You don't even have to be living somewhere exotic,
    Why heck, I'll send a package to someone living a couple provinces over.
    I love getting stuff in the mail. Especially when they ring your doorbell and hand you the package because its so special.

Seaside

Quote ConsciousCuisine

I exchanged with 4 people...three of them got everything and it was delightful...one never got mine and I never got hers... and then another got mine but I didn't get his and so he sent another (it was lovely).

That being said, I love exchanging with honest people and won't hesitate to do so with people who have been active, long-term members (and will insure all packages as well!).
    That's a shame, CC.

I would be happy to exchange again. Cedarblue is my reference! Just send a PM.

Quote Vernicious Knid
    Would anyone be interested in doing a swap with someone in the Maritimes??
    Pls let me know. You don't even have to be living somewhere exotic,
    Why heck, I'll send a package to someone living a couple provinces over.
    I love getting stuff in the mail. Especially when they ring your doorbell and hand you the package because its so special.
    I so would swap with you!
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

LittleNellColumbia

i have done a couple of successful, wonderful package swaps...pm me, anyone out of the uk, who would like to do one....