Thread: Grown Up Vegan Children?

Question Grown Up Vegan Children?

My husband and I intend to raise our future children vegan, but were not raised with veganism nor have any friends that were. Is there anyone out there was raised vegan, or know vegans who have raised now adult children in veganism? We're curious to see how many vegan-raised children made it through the rigors of adolescent peerdom to become vegan adults.

Default Re: Grown Up Vegan Children?

My son was brought up as vegetarian and ate more veg and fruit than dairy and cheese. He's only 5 foot 9 and very wiry and fit wheras his class mates were all 6 footers and most of them on the chubby side.
    My side of the family are all giants the women 6 foot and the men 6.6 + and very skinny with it (don't know what happened to me I am short and fat). My son blames his vegetarian diet on being small but I'm not so sure myself he is very healthy and fit and he's a vegan now.
    I would have thought vegan children would have a tendency to grow up normal size and weight rather than all these huge fat, sweaty kids you see lolloping round the streets like St Bernard dogs these days. I'm sure all the growth hormones in meat make them enormous.
    Silent but deadly :p

Default Re: Grown Up Vegan Children?

Sorry didn't read the question fully, sorry it isn't strictly vegan but vegetarian. My son never gave a stuff about what other kids felt in fact he used to openly criticise them for eating crap.....and didn't mix with people who scoffed at his refusal to eat meat, still doesn't. He has a right wicked sense of humour and takes the piss out of omnivores at work or whatever who say stupid things to him, He makes me howl with laughter at the dreadful things he says to people
    Silent but deadly :p