Thread: Gallstones anyone?

Default Gallstones anyone?

Hi all Im new to the forum and Im looking for some help. Ive just been diagnosed with gallstones and cant figure out how Ive got them. The docs said Im just unlucky but have no other explanation for it. Usually its a high animal fat diet but Ive been a vegan for nearly 14 years. Has anyone heard of any other vegans or veggies developing gallstones? I cant be the first one surely!!! Although Ive done a good search and cant find any incidences of it.

anyone help?

xxxFlame7

Sorry to hear this. I know one ovo-lacto-vegetarian who developed gallstones but I don't think she had been veggie for very long at that point. Various web sites I've looked at say gallstones are less common in vegetarians, but not unheard of.

If I'm right it's sometimes linked to high cholesterol levels in your body, then that can occur for reasons other than consuming cholesterol in your diet (your body makes its own cholesterol and your genes help to determine how much).

Have you got to have an operation? My grandmother (an omnivore) was diagnosed with gallstones when she was about 80 but refused to be operated on because she felt she was too old. She cut down the fat in her diet and they didn't bother her for the rest of her life (she lived to be 100) unless she had a fat splurge. Not sure how wise this would be for a younger person though.

Good luck

ConsciousCuisine

There are many ways to address this naturally. Gallstones have been dissolved (broken down) from doing specific gallbladder cleanse flushes. Send me a personal message if you would like more detailed information.

Talking

Quote Flame7
    Im new to the forum and Im looking for some help. Ive just been diagnosed with gallstones and cant figure out how Ive got them.
    Hi flame, and sorry about your gallstones. I'm a long-term vegan and had the same diagnosis a few years back, with one stone blocking something or other and causing incredible pain. So I had the whole thing removed. I think Harpy is right, that it is linked to high cholesterol, which I had, and is now under control by a statin. Harpy's gran had it from eating an omnivore diet as she tells us that there was no problem once gran cut out fat. Well of course I don't eat any sort of fat, not even margarine, though I do take a daily spoonful of flaxseed oil.

BTW the op was done by 'keyhole' method, was over swiftly, in hospital one day and night, no repercussions, and barely a mark left.

Go luck.

Thanks everyone.

Im listed for keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder, I have to wait at least 3 months which is giving me time to figure out if Im gonna have it removed or not.
    Ive found quite a bit about liver flush techniques etc but Im a bit reluctant because although I know I have multiple gallstones, I dont know how big they are and Ive read in a few places that flushing them can cause a lot of pain and complications (but then Ive also read a lot of good things about it too so Im a bit confused). Im hoping to have a consultation with my doctor before my surgery so I can get a bit more information.

Eve - my gallbladder was blocked and enlarged too, I was admitted to hospital with severe pain which is when they found out I had gallstones. Wow, does it hurt!!!! Glad to hear your op went well. Its actually a relief to hear from another long term vegan who had them!!!

Thanks again everyone.

xxFlame7

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Flame7
    Thanks everyone.

Ive found quite a bit about liver flush techniques etc but Im a bit reluctant because although I know I have multiple gallstones, I dont know how big they are and Ive read in a few places that flushing them can cause a lot of pain and complications (but then Ive also read a lot of good things about it too so Im a bit confused). Im hoping to have a consultation with my doctor before my surgery so I can get a bit more information.

xxFlame7
    If you are looking to get information on healing, natural healing it is unlikely you will get it from your surgeon or doctor. They usually don't believe in such things and certainly do not practice them themselves. Usually, in my experience, they try everything to discourage it. (How else would they make a profit?) Check out www.curezone.com for information if you like. There is much here about gallstones and related issues. I am not saying I agree with the site's content 100%...it's just a good place for information that you can then make informed choices for yourself about health. There are simple ways to try and dissolve them yourself. You have 3 months..I have had clients go into the doctor after their waiting period only to find that not a trace of any gallstones can be found after doing a flush and cleanse! It's always so nice to avoid surgery when you can. If you do decide to go through with surgery, please really read up about the implications before you do!

Default Re: Gallstones anyone?

I eat a TON of spinach, and I hear that causes gallstones. Spinach has oxalic acid in it which is unstable and likes to bind to things, thus creating the stones. I hear they are really painful. I hope I don't get one.
    "If the System hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you." -Jesus (John 17:11).