Thread: Heather Mills McCartney Goes Vegan

Kevster

Default Re: Famous vegans

According to Erik Marcus on vegan.com Heather Mills-McCartney has decided to go vegan.

Default Re: Famous vegans

Quote Kevster
    According to Erik Marcus on vegan.com Heather Mills-McCartney has decided to go vegan.
    MILLS McCARTNEY TO GO VEGAN

11/8/2005, www.contactmusic.com

HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY is so inspired by her husband SIR PAUL McCARTNEY's devotion to vegetarianism and animal rights, she's gone one step further by becoming Vegetarians International Voice For Animals' (VIVA) new patron.

The former model is so concerned about the animal kingdom, she plans to forgo all dairy products as well as meat in her quest to improve the planet.

She explains, "It's only since I met Paul that I really got to understand how vegetarianism not only benefits your health but also makes a huge difference to the planet and to feeding the world.

"I could never go back to eating meat or fish and I'm moving towards being vegan. When I crack an egg now, I think, 'Could that have been a baby?'"

Default Heather Mills McCartney Goes Vegan

Default Re: Heather Mills McCartney Goes Vegan

great news, but i see the article says Linda McCartney was a vegan, which i don't believe was true. i wonder if this means Paul has finally gone vegan too?
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I know he said his son is, and that he know's it's the right thing to do although difficult to break the habit.

Give him time, and I'll sure he'll come round.

Pilaf

Oh great...another spoiled celebrity is gonna whine and moan about animal rights on tv and give us a bad name.

Seriously...this is why I hate when celebrities "go veg"...they suddenly begin these crusades to educate people and just piss everyone off, and then they're spotted eating fish or something and they're like "well we can have fish"... because they're ignorant and don't really care to do research, and then people ridicule us as hypocrites.

Damn celebrities.

Kevster

I'm not convinced Heather Mills-Mac has gone vegan to win Petas sexiest vegetarian award. Good on her for doing more publicising in regard to fur.
    Not many others out there directly opposing fur, most are wearing it.

Fairly interesting Shite-ian interview today:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magaz...691337,00.html

I'm also surprised these people (in this case Paul and Heather) didn't go vegan long time ago. As soon as I visited Peta's site, I turned vegan. It took me a few months to fully illiminate dairy, but it was definitely a goal I wanted to achieve fast. I thought about the dairy and veal industry day and night, the pictures haunted me. So when I meet Peta supporters and animal rights people in general who are not vegan it's baffles me. Some have animal rights stickers on their cars, but wear leather, use products tested on animals and eat TONS of dairy. Why?... It's better than not supporting at all, of course, but a few diet and lifestyle modifications (most of them are already vegetarians anyway) is not a big sacrifice - it's liberating to do this last step if you care about animals.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear that the McCartney family finally took the step. Hurray!
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Quote Pilaf
    Oh great...another spoiled celebrity is gonna whine and moan about animal rights on tv and give us a bad name.

Seriously...this is why I hate when celebrities "go veg"...they suddenly begin these crusades to educate people and just piss everyone off, and then they're spotted eating fish or something and they're like "well we can have fish"... because they're ignorant and don't really care to do research, and then people ridicule us as hypocrites.

Damn celebrities.
    Deep breaths now... in... out.... in... out...
    I hope she doesn't fall into that trap, it would be a real opportunity ruined.
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich