Thread: Fat, fat, fat!!!!!!

Default Fat, fat, fat!!!!!!

Weighed myself this morning and couldn't believe how much weight I put on mainly over Christmas. I've started a diet this morning but I'm soooooo hungry and miserable.
    How to stop being hungry all the time? I need to lose weight for my health as my BMI is 29.6 argghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Everyone else loses weight when they become vegan, I put it on!
    Silent but deadly :p

Default Re: Fat, fat, fat!!!!!!

Why are you heavy?(if that isn't too personal a question!) Do you eat a lot of processed food/have a sedentary life-style? Sorry, that seems rather blunt!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I put it on, too after becoming vegan. My BMI is around 25.
    It's settling down a bit now and I consciously try to avoid empty calories.

It's my experience that the only people who loose weight when they become vegan are either those who do so because they're obsessed with dietting and eating fruit/veg in large amounts already, or they simply don't look after themselves properly and don't eat as well as they used to. If you turn vegan with good access to food (either convience food if you don't know much about cooking or a selection of raw ingrediants if you do), then i can't see a reason why you should. I'm more healthy than i was pre-vegan, but that doesn't affect my weight/stature.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

although i don't know what you're currently eating on your diet my tip is to try filling up on water, fruits and vegetables, or other things high in fiber, those should fill you up! Try to get at least 3-4 liters of water a day, hope that helped!

ConsciousCuisine

Focus on veggies, legumes, beans and MINIMAL grains, oils and NO processed foods such as sugars, breads and pastas! You WILL lose weight this way! PM me for a personalized plan!

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Focus on veggies, legumes, beans and MINIMAL grains, oils and NO processed foods such as sugars, breads and pastas! You WILL lose weight this way! PM me for a personalized plan!
    Thank you so much, I will PM you after our cat's funeral - see 'Goodbye poor pussy'
    Silent but deadly :p

I have started to eat more to lose weight. I would get really hungry then start to pick at food and crave things with sugar in. I find if i dont eat enough for lunch i get really hungry around dinner time and eat loads then feel really bloated but still hungry. So i have started to eat a pitta with loads of salad in it, some raw veg and a large banana for lunch and i feel so much better and i dont pick and dont get bloated as much as i used to.
    Hemlock maybe it would be good if you told us what you ate in a day.

I have put loads of weight on too since going vegan. I eat a lot of bread, pasta and rice though which I don't think helps!!!

I've started eating lots of fruit in the day which goes OK but when I get home i'm straight into the bread bin- I crave it so much it's scary!!!

I eat lots of bread, too, and love pasta. I think so long as you balance these things with fruit and veg and do excercise, you should be ok. Maybe have a think about portion sizes!
    - Theodore Roosevelt

What do they say- Is it half of your plate fruit and veg, a quarter carbs and a quarter protein???

Quote LittleMissVegan
    What do they say- Is it half of your plate fruit and veg, a quarter carbs and a quarter protein???
    That sounds ok to me, but I eat loads of carbs. Basically I eat what I want when I want but my life is an active one!
    - Theodore Roosevelt

See I'm not and that's where I go wrong but I work all week, go to college 2 evenings a week and try and see my friends etc other nights although i'm gonna try going on really long walks on weekends- and hopefully it will help the old purse strings aswell...

......so long as I'm walking away from the shops LOL

Don't forget that whole grains are healthy and are higher in protein.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Artichoke47
    Don't forget that whole grains are healthy and are higher in protein.
    For sure! Whole grains are the ONLY grains that anyone interested in health and weight control should eat!

I am trying to lose weight as well and I have no idea what kind of meal plan I should follow I mean I know what is good to eat but I dont know how to put it all together for a daily menu, I always mess up somewhere.

I've always imagined you to look like the pirate in your avatar. You don't look fat there.
    I eat nutritional yeast by the spoonful.

I've lost a couple of stone since going Vegan, but then I used to eat complete rubbish.

You'll be fine though, it's not worth getting depressed over. We were meant to come in all different shapes and sizes.

Quote JennyX
    I am trying to lose weight as well and I have no idea what kind of meal plan I should follow I mean I know what is good to eat but I dont know how to put it all together for a daily menu, I always mess up somewhere.
    Type in "vegan meal plan" on a google search...came up with a few suggestions. They should give you some ideas.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Mr Flibble
    It's my experience that the only people who loose weight when they become vegan are either those who do so because they're obsessed with dietting and eating fruit/veg in large amounts already, or they simply don't look after themselves properly and don't eat as well as they used to.
    I just want to add something to that, which I don't think is contrary to what you meant: Since going vegan I have lost some weight, but I am neither obsessed with dieting nor am I failing to look after myself. Quite the contrary in fact, I used to eat too much fat and junk (mainly cheese, and cappuchinos ) and now I don't and am looking after myself better. I wanted to lose a few pounds so it's all great as far as I'm concerned!
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

Quote RedWellies
    Type in "vegan meal plan" on a google search...came up with a few suggestions. They should give you some ideas.
    wow, I'm embarrased that I never even thought to do that haha.. Thankyou

Quote Cumin
    I just want to add something to that, which I don't think is contrary to what you meant: Since going vegan I have lost some weight, but I am neither obsessed with dieting nor am I failing to look after myself. Quite the contrary in fact, I used to eat too much fat and junk (mainly cheese, and cappuchinos ) and now I don't and am looking after myself better. I wanted to lose a few pounds so it's all great as far as I'm concerned!
    fair enough

In hindsight I should have said 'most' not 'only'
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Try to get at least 3-4 liters of water a day
    Try to work up to drinking more water slowely. It can make you sick if you dramatically change your intake of it overnight (stomach aches and stuff, not like you'll end up in the ER or anything).

Quote Sweets
    Try to get at least 3-4 liters of water a day, hope that helped!
    This seems to be an awful lot of water! Whilst I do think most people don't drink enough water, I read somewhere (sorry, can't remember where!) that too much water can flush out important vitamins and minerals.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

ConsciousCuisine

Quote RedWellies
    This seems to be an awful lot of water! Whilst I do think most people don't drink enough water, I read somewhere (sorry, can't remember where!) that too much water can flush out important vitamins and minerals.
    It's about what I drink daily too, a gallon. It would take more than that amount to deplete most people;of course it depends on body weight, food/nutrient consumption and many other factors