Thread: Fatboy Slim Admits He Fed Meat To Paul McCartney's Veggie Dog

Default Fatboy Slim Admits He Fed Meat To Paul McCartney's Veggie Dog

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=12353

Some Light Reading. Enjoy!

Fatboy Slim has admitted that that he once fed meat to Paul McCartney’s vegetarian dog.

Mr Norman Cook has a beachside home near to Macca and Heather Mills and often leaves food scraps outside his house for foxes.

Contact music quotes the past it DJ as saying: "The worst problem with having Paul as a neighbour is that we put our old food out on the beach for the foxes and he has a vegetarian dog.

"I had a birthday barbecue last year and threw all the old meat out and his dog went and finished the lot. I felt really bad."

Default Re: Fatboy Slim Admits He Fed Meat To Paul McCartney's Veggie Dog

What a jerk.

I don't know how it is where he lives, but around here, they encourage you NOT to leave food out for the wild animals as it only encourages them to come into populated areas forraging for food.

As a fed bear is a dead bear, wouldn't the same go for foxes?

Roxy - in the UK urban wild animals especially foxes are quite well tolerated in general and do very well from scraps left out for them....

Oh ok. Thanks Barley.

We are encouraged not to feed the wildlife here as it tends to lead to them becoming dependent on us for food and brings them into populated areas where they are generally not well tolerated.

Okay, when I read the title of this article, I thought, "Wow, he fed the veggie dog meat on purpose? What a jerk!" But when I saw that he had left the meat out for foxes and the dog just happened to eat it, I realized it was just another case of the media trying to create a celebrity conflict when there really isn't one. Ridiculous.

Pilaf

Well, dogs can't really be blamed for not sticking to their vegetarian diets if other people carelessly leave flesh lying about.

But I agree that this article blows a slight situation out of proportion.

Alekolu- I agree with you, when I read it I realised it misleads the audience but I thought I'd post the article because it's nice to know Sir Paul has a vego dog

Geoff

Quote Roxy
    Oh ok. Thanks Barley.

We are encouraged not to feed the wildlife here as it tends to lead to them becoming dependent on us for food and brings them into populated areas where they are generally not well tolerated.
    I wouldn't DREAM of feeding the wildlife. Well, except the possums, magpies, cockatoos, galahs, rosellas, lorikeets and magpies.

Geoff

It sounds like this happens at night and I wonder why Paul doesn't keep his dog in after dark or at least fence his place.

Quote Geoff
    I wouldn't DREAM of feeding the wildlife. Well, except the possums, magpies, cockatoos, galahs, rosellas, lorikeets and magpies.
    Wow, you have wild cockatoos there! How amazing and wonderful, the only cockatoos we see here are ones who have been bred in captivity
    I feed the possoms and racoons and homeless cats and birds the food my family does not eat and leaves on the table occasionally, but try to feed all of the wild birds seed daily in the cold snowy winter months here..
    I have a bad neighbor next door to me, I'm just WAITING until she calls the city on me for leaving out crusts of bread occasionally..blah!!

I used to feed the animals in Australia too. In particular, the possums, magpies and lorikeets.

Here though - there seems to be a different attitude towards feeding the wildlife. At least I have found that anyway. I guess the concern is that leaving scraps out will attract animals such as coyotes and bears into populated areas. In the end that is not only bad for the humans, but also bad for the animals. Animals such as bears eventually end up being put to sleep if they keep coming into populated areas.

I am guilty of feeding peanuts to the squirrels at the park though. We are even discouraged from doing that as lots of people look at squirrels and racoons as "pests".

Quote Roxy

Here though - there seems to be a different attitude towards feeding the wildlife. At least I have found that anyway. I guess the concern is that leaving scraps out will attract animals such as coyotes and bears into populated areas. In the end that is not only bad for the humans, but also bad for the animals. Animals such as bears eventually end up being put to sleep if they keep coming into populated areas.

I am guilty of feeding peanuts to the squirrels at the park though. We are even discouraged from doing that as lots of people look at squirrels and racoons as "pests".
    Roxy, see, where I live, there are no coyotes or bears, so it is safe here.
    I feel bad for your bears and coyotes, they are only trying to survive in the area they have been living in for years
    Hey, at least you can make a squirrell or two happy feeding them nuts once in a while I feed them so much, but they give me so much joy looking out my window in the morning, chasing each other, eating, enjoying life...!

LOL! I know what you mean. I love squirrels!

I love squirrels too! We feed them in our back yard and also the deer!
    Be thankful for this moment, this moment is your life:)

Geoff

Feeding wildlife needs to be done thoughtfully, ensuring that the correct food is given and not in enough quantity for animals to become dependant.
    The people who chuck vast amounts of white bread in the local lake for the ducks give me the shits, so much so that I don't go near the place any more.

Quote alekolu
    Okay, when I read the title of this article, I thought, "Wow, he fed the veggie dog meat on purpose? What a jerk!" But when I saw that he had left the meat out for foxes and the dog just happened to eat it, I realized it was just another case of the media trying to create a celebrity conflict when there really isn't one. Ridiculous.

Quite.

nakaniNumen

Quote StmpyElephant
    Alekolu- I agree with you, when I read it I realised it misleads the audience but I thought I'd post the article because it's nice to know Sir Paul has a vego dog
    Obviously the dog isn't vegetarian considering it went and ate all the meat on its own........

sorry to spoil the fun, but c'mon really.

What makes me angry is that "Fatboy Slim" has enough money to live next to Paul McCartney! Down with the system!!!