Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Sainsbury's

Default Re: Sainsbury's

I have contacted Sainsburys to find out if there are any animal derived ingredients.

I got this response:
    "Thanks for your email about our Freefrom mince pies.

I can confirm that the mince meat filling does not contain meat and therefore suitable for vegetarians. However it is not suitable for vegans due to the risk of cross contamination as we handle egg on site.

I hope this answers your query and is useful to information to you.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and we look forward to seeing you in store again soon.

Kind regards"

Although it's good news, that email would make me so grumpy and they'd hear about it from me! I hope you respond.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

I'm definitely going to respond, but its really good news that they appear Vegan!

A friend has told me that Sainsbury's have confirmed that their own-brand soya milk is suitable for vegans - I know that in other threads it has been revealed that Tesco and Asda have non-vegan soya milk, so it's great that at least Sainsbury's haven't joined this ridicolous pattern!
    www.paperbagblog.wordpress.com

Not sure if this is just the Sainsburys in Liverpool central station or all of them, but the one in central is selling packs of Barkat Vegan ice cream cones for £0.50 (reduced from £4.00). Use by date is mid 2014

WARNING!!!! Sainsburys own brand bacon rasher crisps which once proudly stated that they were vegan have had an "improvement" to the recipe which includes milk (how torture, blood and pus improves flavour I just don't know). A complaint will be made to Sainsburys shortly.

Quote Firestorm View Post
    WARNING!!!! Sainsburys own brand bacon rasher crisps which once proudly stated that they were vegan have had an "improvement" to the recipe which includes milk (how torture, blood and pus improves flavour I just don't know). A complaint will be made to Sainsburys shortly.
    I just noticed the changes to the rashes on thursday, I must have got lucky the week before, I dug out the packet just to make sure....I wish I'd seen your post and stocked up Anyone going to join me in asking them to consider changing back?

But some good things spotted were Sainsburys Three bean tomato powdered soup (64p)and a 4 pack of spicy lentil cup-o-soup!(99p)
    Also they have a couple of the Celtic choices chocolate vegan Easter eggs (which obviously needed taste testing!) There is a chocolate egg with their caramels. Also a white chocolate version with white chocolate buttons inside.( I think £2.95 and £3.95 for the bigger caramel one)

i complained a while back, apparently their taste testers are constantly trying to improve their recipes, after i said that adding suffering and death to a product can never be an improvemnt they offered me a £2 voucher for my disappointment, which i didnt take, £2 does not buy my forgiveness.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

I made a formal complaint a few weeks ago. Didn't even get offered a £2 voucher. Scumbags

i guess it depends on which customer service agent you get, usually does, or it could be my exceptional complaining skills that i have been honing over the years
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Quote tickled onion View Post
    or it could be my exceptional complaining skills that i have been honing over the years
    I thought mine were good (I made approx 87 complaints to Northernrail last year and have made 3 to them in the last week), but yours must be extraordinary!

haha, what is it with transport companies, mine have been honed complaining to first bus, we dont have fancy trains where i live anymore

we dont have fancy trains where i live anymore
    We don't have fancy trains either, just rickety unreliable things that breakdown or turn up late (this week one was 28 minutes late, another 13 and another 10).
    I have advised Northernrail that perhaps if they give control to the Muppets they would be able to provide a more reliable service and they could rename the company Muppetrail.

would be worth it just to hear kermit with a northern accent

would be worth it just to hear kermit with a northern accent
    T'int easy bein' green, tha knaws.

Not that i go there regularly but theres been times where i've got really confused with thir "Free From" range because somethings are vegan and some things are only vegetarian and my mum once made this mistake so you have be abit careful and not just trust the label. though saying that i loveee their free from rice milk chocolate . its the only one i've tasted so far that i think is actually like real chocolate . i just made cookies with them ^-^. if you haven't tried it. try it o_O

Not real name!

Sainsburys have got vegan mince back in again. Spag Bol all week now!

Quote -spacemermaid~ View Post
    Not that i go there regularly but theres been times where i've got really confused with thir "Free From" range because somethings are vegan and some things are only vegetarian and my mum once made this mistake so you have be abit careful and not just trust the label. though saying that i loveee their free from rice milk chocolate . its the only one i've tasted so far that i think is actually like real chocolate . i just made cookies with them ^-^. if you haven't tried it. try it o_O
    A lot of the 'gluten-free' stuff in the 'Free From' range contains eggs. You really do need to check the labels. I noticed last month that the 'Free From' section had dairy-free (vegan from the ingredients) Easter Eggs on sale only three months before Easter. Hey ho.

friendly fri

In some big branches Sainsburys are selling Lazy days brand millionaire shortbread and 3 other varieties of these wondrous vegan comestibles from Scotland.
    :D :)

sainsbury's bacon crispies are vegan again, new improved recipe

My local Sainsbury's used to sell their own brand "Love Soya" sausages, which were vegan. They have now brought out a new range, none of which are vegan.

friendly fri

Sainsburys somehow managed to ruin lunch for mrs friend and I recently.
    Two baked potatoes ordered. One arrived, along with cold beans plus a bowl of chilli beans drizzled in brown sauce, under the guise of veg chilli.
    Second potato was brought, it and the first one, were clap cold.
    I got 20 quid compensation and took it.
    :D :)