Thread: Flatbread

The Null Void

Default Flatbread

So, I have this book, Vegan Planet, which happens to be one of my favorite cookbooks. I've made plenty of recipes out of this book, most of which came out well (considering the fact that I'm a complete beginner when it comes to cooking).

So I decided to make hummus this weekend. Not a big deal, I've done it a few times before. This time, though, instead of buying bread to go along with it, I decided to make the Cumin-scented Sesame Flatbread.

Now, the recipe is pretty simple. You mix together the right abounts of flour, salt and water, roll out and sprinkle with the cumin and sesame seeds. Then you cook them.

And this is where it kind of fell apart from me. When they started burning pretty quick, I got the hint and turned down the temperature. I found, though, that I was making a mess because after flipping the bread, a bunch of the sesame seeds would detatch themselves from the flatbread and sit on the pan.

So not only did I have sesame seeds jumping all over my stove, but of course they started burning. I kind of gave up after a few tries. Does anyone have any hints on how to handle seeds when you're cooking something relatively dry like bread?

Default Re: Flatbread

Yes I spray the bread with water and sprinkle them on top 5 mins before end of cooking.

The Null Void

Hm. Sounds like the right answer, thanks. I was kind of surprised that the recipe called for them to be added before the cooking started.

If you find the seeds aren't sticking just add some maple or golden syrup to the water and sprinkle it on top.