Thread: vegan magazine for my coursework

ph63228

Default vegan magazine for my coursework

hello people, im a A2 student at Truro College and am making a vegan magazine for my coursework, could you just post what you would like to see in a magazine such as the one i am doing to give some ideas?? the magazine will cover everything from diet habits to websites to anything else remotely included in a vegans life.

Cheers

Pendle aka Bunny Hugger

Default Re: vegan magazine for my coursework

I'd like to see features about clothes, not because I'm particularly interested in clothes but because it would be good to have some help finding vegan clothes.

Not thinking so much about the usual t-shirts and fake leather jackets, as they're easy to find, but about clothes you can wear to business meetings and so forth. Maybe you could do a round-up of what's available in chain stores this season (preferably avoiding anything produced in sweatshops).

What would be the intended audience of your mag. - age group? People who are already vegan, or wannabes, or both?

Gliondrach

Hello, Bunny Hugger.
    Make sure that you tell people about the benefits to them. Most people are only interested in something alien if it might benefit them. So, stress how healthy it is. Talk about Scott Jurek http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/others...0_jurek22.html

That it can be used to lose weight - but remind them that it can be used to increase weight, too. Tell them how it is better for the planet - less land and water used to grow plants. Less, destruction of rain forests that are being cut down to provide land for cattle. Less polution, due to less animal slurry and methane. Mention a few delicious recipes. Don't forget to touch on the cruelty aspects of non-vegan living.

Good luck.

ph63228

yes i was planning on doing a article on clothing, decent clothing is quite hard to find in the vegan world!.
    I'll definately do an article on fitness and health, it will be focused at the younger generation of vegans but will also appeal to older vegans who do not have as much to learn but may find it interesting!
    more ideas needed!!

ConsciousCuisine

Well, recipes and an "Ask the Vegan Chef" section for troubleshooting.

Also, a section devoted to troubleshooting when faced with being vegan and traveling, dealing with social situations with grace...a general "Dear Abby" or "Miss Manners" type of column but "Dear Miss Vegan" instead

How about some short profiles or first-person accounts by an assortment of vegans?

ph63228

ok then, they sound like good ideas! i will be sure to incorpriate them all into the magazine! i may even pin a digital copy on the vegan forum website!

princessemma

Book reviews and perhaps other reviews; places to eat, new vegan products, websites. Maybe a 'day in the life of....' someone who does a lot for the enviroment or animals, someone who works in an animal santuary or a hunt sabatour.

ph63228

that is a good idea, i was going to do a page or two on websites ypu van visit if you are vegan or want to go vegan, i hadnt thought of a 'day in my life' page tho!!

ph63228

well i still need a title...Vegan Magazine is taken and i cant realy think of anything else that would be good any suggestions will be taken and thought about.