Thread: No, really, it tastes good

Arrow No, really, it tastes good

JON CARROLL
    www.sfgate.com

I confess to having had what Herbert Spencer would have called "contempt prior to investigation" about the word "vegan," the concept of veganism and vegans themselves. Vegans, I figured, were people who were too snotty to be vegetarians.
    But then I heard about a vegan restaurant that, for several non-food- related reasons, was too good to pass up. It's called the Gratitude Cafe.
    More

great link, thanks gert. the term "contempt prior to investigation" is so true, it doesn't help the way the media have portrayed vegans for such a long time. people have such a fixed attitude towards vegans many people won't even consider trying it out.

what a wonderful sounding restaurant, i wasn't surprised to see it's in San Francisco. i'd love to go there.

Why oh why can there not be more restaurants and more articles and more willing omnis out there!!!

There used to be a gorgeous Vegan Society approved restaurant in the town where I study and my parents adored it altho they are staunch omnis. Everyone I ever took there adored the place and yet it closed in less than a year. I still miss that place - their desserts were to die for - chocolate cake, banana chocolate chip cake, lemon cake, coffee cake, apple strudel, flapjakcs, pancake mountains - all with soy cream or swedish ice cream - they were amazing. Their soups, pates, and burgers were amazing and their main course dishes were pretty darn good too. I used to make it a point of honour to go there every weekend to treat myself. And now it is gone =*(