Thread: Vegan Organic Soups In ASDA

Default Vegan Organic Soups In ASDA

i noticed some new canned soups in asda today.

the brand name is hawkwood and all four flavours are suitable for vegans

the flavours are tomato and basil, tuscan bean, barley broth and leek and potato.

i had the tomato and basil one for lunch - with some fresh ground pepper on top and a generous shake or 5 of parmezano..very nice

Default Re: Vegan Organic Soups In ASDA

Top find nice one Although their is always this great debate about using supermarkets on here in some areas we have no choice but in our town I choose asda over sainsbury due to the CEO being a big vivisection funder.

Back on topic though I was passing lidl the other day and noticed they had a 50% of all fruit and veg and it was all really nice stuff even got organic toms whilst their I found a fridge fresh Basil and Tomoato soup which was vegan for 80p for fridge fresh ones that is a good price.

Will look out for those when we do "BIGSHOP" as peter kay would say.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Nice find cedarblue. I'm not a huge fan of most tinned soup but I usually keep a couple in the cupboard for emergencies. The barley broth sounds interesting though. Something a little different than most of the tinned soups available.
    "He who binds himself to a Joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    He who kisses the Joy as it flies, Lives in Eternity's sunrise"
    William Blake

I woke up today really wanting a cup-a-soup type soup, I'm off to morrisons later does anyone know of anything they do that might be ok?
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

dont really know about morrisons. you may be lucky, although most of the cup a soups/instant soups i look at have milk powder/lactose etc in them.

Exactly, we have 2 packets in the house, neither of them are vegan. I decided to make my own to save the effort of going to the shops.

A stock cube, some tomato paste, some finely cut cubes of carrot and a few herbs, tastes fine, pity I couldn't be bothered to make the croutons.

I'll have a pot noodle later to fulfill my freeze dried food needs.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

I have seen vegan cup a soups in a whole foods shop. They aren't much better nutritionally than the regular ones. Decided that on balance I prefer Yogi Tea, anyway.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Quote jaydog View Post
    Top find nice one Although their is always this
    Back on topic though I was passing lidl the other day
    Back off topic, haha... Lidl's chocolate soya milk is the best tasting soya milk ever and it's like 60p a carton.

Whats this I hear, Lidl sell organic veg and chocolate soya milk???!!!! I thought they only sold cheap unhealthy crap. Think I will have to pay them a visit.
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

Aldi - and lidl are fine not so much cheap as good quality.

not so long ago in one of aldi's promo leaflets they were advertising a pate as suitable for vegans whic I think is a huge step forward.

and in aldi's special selection of pasta sauces there is a pistatio (sp) and fennel pesto sauce which is vegan too - 99p I think. (There may be more) also some lovely lemon and coriander hummus, and some of their flavoured cous cous are vegan - though check as not all are!! and they do sell plain soya milk which is lovely.( and very cheap at 59p)
    Last edited by pudding06; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: cant type today

Quote zorbed View Post
    Back off topic, haha... Lidl's chocolate soya milk is the best tasting soya milk ever and it's like 60p a carton.
    i agree it is delicious and such good value.. lidl rules! seriously though it is a great shop. they always have different stuff in and if you hunt around you are going to find some good stuff. SAY NO TO TESCO!

I hate when people say places like Lidl and Aldi are cheap and then people wont shop there. But anyway thanks for letting me know guys as my soya milk here is 1.50 for chocolate and 1.00 for plain. I hate tesco, i keep reptiles (long story, yes i would like them to stay in the wild but they are cruelty cases and i had to help them out) and i chat on a reptile forum let me know that tesco have a chain of shops in china and they sell live animals to the public (its not called tesco). And i look on youtube will show you how they kill the poor turtles, turtles have a weird body make up, so their heads keep breathing when they are cut off. Sort of off topic but i have stopped my family and friends or the family shopping at tesco, and got them growing alot of there own food (not very well but its a start lol)

...anyway, after my initial thread opener, asda don't sell these soups any more.

i've had some asda organic soups (own brand) that were vegan. Pretty tasty too.

Good sperm

LIDL do a dark choccy digestive that looks vegan (according to ingredients, the sugar should be OK but this is not confirmed) and they're gooooood

lidl ahooooooooooy!

sugarmouse

I have bought vegan cup soups from Morrisons before Risker, I would share which ones but for the life of me I cannot remember, although I know hte flavour was a tomato-esque one. xx

owlbynight

I say No to Asda too! Because they are owned by Walmart...who are the most sued company in USA, Women, disabled, black workers you name it..they refuse Unions and put vast amounts of money into the Republican party,