Thread: Hypermobility syndrome and soya link

Question Hypermobility syndrome and soya link

I've been diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome and would like to know if anyone knows about or has experienced any links between HMS pain and soya intake.

I seem to experience a flare up in my HMS when I consume soya products (stop eating them I hear you say , easier said than done i'm a tofu and soya latte addict!!!). I was wondering if this could be an uncanny coincidence (i've got my fingers crossed the thought of no more soya makes my heart sink ) or if there could be grounds to this hypothesis what with soya being a natural estrogen.

I've checked the HMS site but there's no mention of diet effecting the syndrome.

Any ideas, i'd be eternally grateful.

Rx
    "Don't worry about acting the fool. The people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind".

Default Re: Hypermobility syndrome and soya link

Hello veganeden,

I had a little look around on the 'net for you and found this discussion thread here, I'm unsure whether it will be of any help to you - but they seem to be discussing food allergies on there and most of them have mentioned (from what I gather) animal products being the main culprits.

In one of the threads a person mentions about eating soy (or soya as we call it here in the UK) as a source of extra protein, and this is thought to help (in their opinion).

Default Re: Hypermobility syndrome and soya link

Thanks for the info, will check it out and let you know what I find.

Rx
    "Don't worry about acting the fool. The people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind".