Thread: Nanny for a Vegan Family

kbreitfeld

Smile Nanny for a Vegan Family

Hello All,
    First, let me introduce myself. My name is Krystle, i am 20 years old, and i just got a nanny position for a Vegan family (i am not vegan, nor a vegetarian) I greatly respect this family, and their views, but i do not know much about vegan. The kids in the family are Tiarra (1.5 years) and Pahz (3.5 years). They are both great kids who LOVE fruits and vegetables, and understand what it means to be vegan.

What i'm asking, is for some information, any information really. Tips on snacks, quick meals, anything related to helping raise vegan children.

Thanks in advance!!

FR

Default Re: Nanny for a Vegan Family

Well, I think it is awesome that you are looking for sound information, and you've come to the right place. There are plenty of great vegan mothers here that will give you all the information you need.

Talking Re: Nanny for a Vegan Family

i agree with FR about it being awesome that your willing to do this.

i suggest some light reading to solve your predicament.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/065...Fencoding=UTF8

that one is about raising healthy vegan kids.

most general vegan informational books will include sections on children... such as this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...Fencoding=UTF8

it may be helpful to you to read about vegan ethics, just to get a better idea, and to know what flys, and what doesnt with a vegan family.

there are plenty of vegan recipe books on amazon too... im sure more than one of them has kid-friendly recipies.

good luck on your vegan family adventure!

the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

ConsciousCuisine

What a great Nanny!

I think reading a few vegan books and books specifically on raising vegan children would be great but please also look to the parents and find out thier beliefs on what is healthiest for thier children and what they prefer them to be given, as even amongst vegans there is a wide range of preferences when it comes to diet, lifestyle etc.

I'm sure the parents will give you lots of information about appropriate snacks.
    I'm so jealous. I work part-time as a nanny and would love to work for a vegan family.
    Hope you have lots of fun with the kids!