Thread: Vegan Athletes

Default Vegan Athletes

I am new here so I am sorry if there is already a thread for vegan athletes.

Is there one someone could point me to, or is this a good place to start?

Who on here is a vegan athlete? What sports do you play or compete in?

I'm a vegan bodybuilder, but I grew up running, playing soccer and playing basketball.

I am always interested in meeting other vegan athletes, so if you are one, I'd love to hear from you.

-Robert Cheeke
    www.veganbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Vegan Athletes

I'm a runner at heart, that's what I do the most of. Also play in tennis and volleyball leagues right now. Did triathlons the past couple years, building up to an Ironman because that was always a dream of mine..haven't been biking this winter so I can run more.

If I'm active, I'm happy. Vegan athletes rock!

cool!

Do you know vegan Ironman Triathlete Brendan Brazier?

www.brendanbrazier.com

Always great to meet vegan athletes, I hope to hear from a bunch of people.

-Robert

Quote Bodybuilder
    I am always interested in meeting other vegan athletes, so if you are one, I'd love to hear from you.

-Robert Cheeke
    www.veganbodybuilding.com
    hiya robert

i've been to your site. i checked it out within days of declaring veganism, but that was only about 3 weeks ago. I wanted some positive images of robust-looking vegans rather than the twiggy, weakling images i had in my mind. I sure found some on your site! Congrats on your outstanding physique!

although i'm not a consistent or competetive bodybuilder, i do lift weights here and there.

I was quite focussed for a few months a few years ago:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...44#post3617644

there are some before and after pics there as well as a link to my diet and fat tracking info. I did it on an atkins-like diet before i got enlightened. Although the results were impressive, i doubt i was as healthy as i looked:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...6&d=1091318464
    that's what i looked like after only 2 months of working out, and i was a completely sedentary slob before i started:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...3&d=1091318272

I'm juggling 2 babies now so i'm not willing to get too serious about bbing.

anyhow. welcome to the boards!
    Viva Vegan!

robert man! this site is super rad! ive had alot of trouble findind body building sites that arnt just there to sell things! you get a gold star!
    The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essense of inhumanity. George Bernard Shaw

Hey guys, thanks for visiting my site. I try to network with as many vegan athletes as I can, which is one of the reasons I joined this forum.

Romac,

You look very fit in that first photos, awesome work! You'll find some cool vegan athletes on my site on some of the other vegan fitness sites such as www.organicathlete.org

Zena,

I'm glad you found the site and enjoy it. Feel free to visit anytime.

Anymore vegan athletes out there on this forum?????
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous