Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vegan Glasgow

Default Re: Vegan Glasgow

nice one mate

e-mail doesn't seem to work......

We visited Mono on a brief trip to Glasgow (my aunt's funeral ) this week and we found it to be friendly, with a relaxed atmosphere and welcoming. We decided to sample the delights of marinated olives for starters. My partner went for risotto with asparagus, peas and lemon and found it reasonably tasty if slightly too lemony! I opted for roasted butternut squash and spinach lasagne. This went down well and both were very well presented with an emphasis on large portions if a little dry and a bit overladen with rocket on top, but who is complaining, they were nice meals prepared by a friendly chef and served by a nice chap behind the bar. Mains are priced at £7.50 each. We also ordered wedges which were chunky and homemade. Mono do a local beer on tap (vegan) called Williams and they have a large supply of bottled lagers in the fridge behind the bar. Sadly, there was no room for desserts but there were enough to satisfy most palates. All in all a very satisfying evening - recommend this place!

Any vegans from Glasgow still about?

I was at Heavenly last night again, and the vegetable tempura is AMAZING! It is a mixed selection of vegetables with the most amazing dips! I normally don't like aubergine, but I think in this dish it was my favourite: so creamy and melty and YUM!

Hi Susieannah, are you a member of our Facebook group, Vegan Edinburgh + Glasgow? We have nearly 230 members, and we chat every day about everything really.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/106588816094435/

I am!

Oh heh I thought you might be! This forum used to be very active a few years back, but I think everyone's just moved on to Facebook now.

Awesome!