Thread: Solidarity for vegans & animal activists in Gezi park in Istanbul

Default Solidarity for vegans & animal activists in Gezi park in Istanbul

I didn't know where to post this but I just wanted to let other vegans all around the world know that peaceful vegans are in the Gezi park holding on to their spot to save the park which stands for so much in this country.

These protests are about a lot of issues, but first and foremost it is about the trees, the green area, the park. It is about all green spaces in Turkey. Forests, parks and other green areas in this country have all turned into residences, huge housing estates with fake gardens and/or malls. These green areas are not only crucial for a healthy & sane society, but also for all animals.

So this is not only about human rights & the environment or any other political issue, but it is also about animals rights. Vegans therefore play a huge part in these protests.

I am proud of fellow vegans in my city and want to let them know that I stand with them.

Vegan forever!!! Gezipark is everywhere!!!!

Hi V.G, nice to hear from you again. I don't know much about what's going on in Turkey at the moment but I send my good wishes to peaceful vegan protesters.
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Solidarity for vegans & animal activists in Gezi park in Istanbul

Hello - yes I heard vegans mentioned on the BBC news as one of the groups that are protesting. I'm not as well informed about the protest as I should be but will join Blueberries in wishing them well. Wanting to protect green spaces is an objective that a lot of us can relate to, I think.