Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan Bristol

Thumbs up Vegan Bristol

A vegan guide to Bristol is now online, see here.

Awlrite me luvver

Great websites, gertvegan - are you one of the Bristol 5? All the best for the Vegan Fayre!
    Eve

I went out last week to Demuths in Bath any one who has not been needs to go it's one you need to save for but worth every penny....

The latest menu is not the one on the web site so I can't point you to the meal I had, but the classic faves from Demuths are still on sale this includes -

Vegan Dark Choc Fudge Cake, with Choc sauce and soya ice cream.....the funny thing is I am not a big fan of sweet stuff but this is a must 100% pure vegan sex in a bowl.........

Woops steady now this is a food section after all

Demuths can be found over here Demuths
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

I went to Bath last weekend to dish out some flyers for the Bristol Vegan Fayre, and was going to eat in Demuths as Snaffler suggests, but it was full. Bath is soooo touristy.

Last night I went to Teoh's on Lower Ashley Road, St Agnes, Bristol with the one and only bulletproof and several people from Viva!

Its a Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Malaysian cuisine place, not veg*n but there is a vegan dish and 16 or so others can be vegan. I had sweet and sour tofu and a couple of san miguels, all for a tenner.

Its a nice place, hadn't heard of it before, but will be sure to go again.

Quote gertvegan
    I went to Bath last weekend to dish out some flyers for the Bristol Vegan Fayre, and was going to eat in Demuths as Snaffler suggests, but it was full. Bath is soooo touristy.

Woops blame me DOH yes book it makes sense or in the day get in early, hope it went well last night, so San Miguels is OK ? I could not find any info on that one...Tofu is always a winner.....sooz reckons I will turn into bean curd if I don't stop eating it

Quote gertvegan
    Last night I went to Teoh's on Lower Ashley Road, St Agnes, Bristol with the one and only bulletproof and several people from Viva!

Its a Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Malaysian cuisine place, not veg*n but there is a vegan dish and 16 or so others can be vegan. I had sweet and sour tofu and a couple of san miguels, all for a tenner.

Its a nice place, hadn't heard of it before, but will be sure to go again.
    i agree, nice place, ended up eating there the following day as well with my dad!
    it was great to meet you gert, such a nice guy- and may all know of the gertness of gert

Today I ate at the The Vegetarian Society's Top Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant 2004, Cafe Maitreya again.

I had the vegan maitreya, which is jumbo sausage, fried potatoes, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, and toast. With a couple of Sam Smiths beers.

It was a kind brunchie gourmet Bristolian style fill up, and the place was very busy. I guess that'll be because vegan times are changing.

What doe's Maitreya mean I hear you ask ? The name maitreya is derived from sanskrit and means universal love or loving kindness.

I would highly recommend Demouths in Bath, England. It is an absolute delight to be able to order anything on the whole (excellent) menu without having to check anything.
    First class dining. Up market.
    That goverment is best which governs not at all. Thoreau

i endorse this post - we travel miles just to eat there.

Hi Cedarblue

I have just been once, whilst I was on a weeks course at Bath university, and we went as a group of 8 because I was vegan.
    The 7 omnivores could not believe how good it was; neither could I. We all got sloshed on the organic wine and had a ball.
    If I am ever in the region again, I will definetly go back.
    That goverment is best which governs not at all. Thoreau

I popped into Demuths in the World Hertitage City of Bath today. I had some lovely seeded bread, a Gambian gumbo spicey peanut butter stew with couscous, a Balinese black rice pudding, and a couple of Cannabia Hemp beers. I kept meaning to go to this place, and now I'm glad I did. A must if in Bath.

I had another nosh up at The UK's Top Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant Cafe Maitreya again, just before xmas.

I had crispy bubble and squeak with no eggs (obviously), grilled jumbo mushroom, tomato, jumbo homemade chips, bread with olive oil, and a couple of big Sam Smiths lagers for the price of the smaller (they were sent the wrong size - bonus).

No I'm not one of the Bristol 5 Eve, whoever they are.

Theres a new vegan guide to Bristol out very soon, produced by Timbo and Yaoh . I don't know when it will be online, so if you want a copy sent to you's when its available, pm me.

I've already had one eager chappie wanting to get his mits on the new guide, so as soon as its ready, a copy will be heading down to Somerset.

Oh and the Bristol Vegan Fayre 2004 (worlds biggest) thread is now HERE.

Default Update from Timbo and Yaoh

The next issue of A Vegan Guide To Bristol will be 80 pages of A5 full colour, free and published in Feb 2005, with a print run of 10,000. Over 150 businesses, products and organisations catering for the vegan lifestyle in the Bristol area will be represented.

To request your free copy please send a Stamped Addressed envelope to Yaoh with a 47p stamp.

Or pm me.

I saw YAOH Tim today. The new, bigger, better, 2005 vegan guide to Bristol will be out by the end of the month.

Well wag my tail good stuff looking forward to it me ol mucker

Default Ditto post 15

Today I ate at the The Vegetarian Society's Top Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant 2004 , Cafe Maitreya again.

I had the vegan maitreya, which is jumbo sausage, fried potatoes, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, and toast gourmet styly. With a couple of Sam Smiths beers.

I ate at Teohs in St Agnes, Bristol again today. A thai, japanese, chinese, malaysian place, maybe 5 minute bus trip or 15 walk from main shops. Theres another Teohs, owned by the same fella in Bedminster (or Bemminser if you're from Bristle) and has 17 items on the menu that either are or can be vegan.

I had Yakisoba, a variation of chinese chow mein, stir fried tofu with vegetables and beansprouts, and a beer, for £7.70.

Nice clean place, friendly people, very quick service, and free sky juice.

The 2005 Vegan guide to Bristol, produced by Bristol based award winning, purveyors of quality organic vegan hemp products using only the best natural ingredients company, YAOH , is out now.

Thanks to Tim and Yaoh.

The 80 page A5 colour guide is FREE, and is available in shops cafes and juice bars across Bristol – or send a large SAE (47p stamp please) to Yaoh and they’ll send you one out.

The guide lists over 160 vegan outlets and products in Bristol and the UK.

Default Yay Woo!

The new 2005 Vegan Guide to Bristol is .... gert lush!

Its got interviews with folk from a couple of top local health food shops, a review of the 2004 Bristol Vegan Fayre (did I say that was the worlds biggest), a page with Pete talking about vegan bodybuilding, a piece about Pat Reeves , a very interesting couple of pages from the Bristol Cancer Help Centre , centre pages ad for the 2005 Bristol Vegan Fayre (remember theres gonna be 10,000 of these beauties printed), a piece from the Vegan Society , and Vegfam to, an interview with Alex Bourke of Vegetarian Guides, a page about circus2iraq , interviews with Beanies , and Animal Aid . As well as the best vegan places to eat, best cafes serving vegan food, best juice bars, best Indian restaurants, best wholefood shops, best delis, best bread shops, best off licences, best pubs, best hotels, best vegan blokes(petes included), best Yaoh products, and a lot lot more.

Its free, and the author doesn't charge a fee, and also has a busy business to run.

To request your free copy send a Stamped Addressed envelope to Yaoh with a 47p stamp.

Quote gertvegan
    The new 2005 Vegan Guide to Bristol is .... gert lush!
    Talking of gert lush. Gert Lush, no really, Clifton shop that delivers freshly made sandwiches daily throughput Bristol, and vegan friendly.

Gert Lush, 9a Regent Street, Clifton, Bristol.

Another trip to Teohs tonight, this time the North Street, Bedminster place, near the comedy club you know. Had Japanese green curry, and a beer £7.70. Didn't fancy any sky juice.

Question

Quote gertvegan
    Another trip to Teohs tonight, this time the North Street, Bedminster place, near the comedy club you know. Had Japanese green curry, and a beer £7.70. Didn't fancy any sky juice.
    How do you juice sky must be really hard to get in the juicer
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies!

I feel like a kinda soya milky bar kid, but with Vegan guides to Bristol. I have 140 of the beauties to dish out to several places on my side of town.

The vegan guides are on me.

Default Re: Vegan friendly restaurants in UK

I dipped into Bath again today and whilst there I had a vegan breakfast and a spicey tomato juice in Demuths.

It was quite quiet, though it was mid morning. This place is a must if you find yourself in Bath.

Oh and also whilst Bathing (is that what its called when in Bath ?), I popped into the Porter Cellar Bar and had a cashew nut curry with rice, and a couple of becks.

Another place to visit when in Bath for a chilled out drink or bite to eat. (See page 30 of the Vegan Guide to Bristol).

Hay (Somerset Hay) Gert the Porter have a great comedy club on Sunday night as well I was told that all drinks are now veggie and vegan do you know if that is true ?

I'm sure I read that all the wines are veggie, some vegan, but I'm not sure about the other drinks Mr snaffler, sorry. Nice place the Porter.

Default Re: A Vegan Guide To Bristol 2005 - NOW AVAILABLE

I tried out a new Indian place today, Krisnas' Inn, on the triangle (you know, the triangle). Its on page 13 of the guide.

A chickpea curry (ok so it wasn't called chickpea curry on the menu) with lemon rice, and 3 garlic parathas, with a lemon tea was had.

The eyes were bigger than the tummy as not all the parathas disappeared.

A very friendly place, good prices, top service, worth a visit, and a return.

Quote gertvegan

A chickpea curry (ok so it wasn't called chickpea curry on the menu) with lemon rice, and 3 garlic parathas, with a lemon tea was had.

The eyes were bigger than the tummy as not all the parathas disappeared.

So what was it called then

Quote boomer
    So what was it called then
    Kadala, a dish from Kerala, southern India. I just called em.

Much more exotic and exciting.....

A big thanks for this gert again I must check out some of these places when I am over Brizzle next....

Although not featured in the Brizzle vegan guide the Eastern Eye do some nice vegan tucker as well, only a limited amount but enough for a good meal and its good quality.

You know you are a winner with the eastern eye as they are very strict on dietry needs and cross contamination. They colour code the entire menu regarding food needs or not needs.

This is the web site http://www.easterneye.co.uk/ just go to the veggie menu then look at the meals with NO green dots this means no Dairy in this meal.

This is the web site for the Bath venue this is very old and posh nice though also they have a place at the Vue Longwell Green, Bristol this is more modern and plush still very nice.

So if you go to Bristol you get to do Jelfrazzi and a Movie all in the same area...but remember no burping spices in the cinema seats it gets warm and soon pen and inks.

If you want the best juices in town, head down to the Big Banana Juice Bar, The Glass Arcade, St Nicholas Market.

Try the Iron Booster (with beetroot, watercress, apple and carrot), or Very Veg (with carrot, cucumber, celery and parsley), both believed to work wonders for your health, and your taste buds.

Todays special was apple, strawberry, and fennel.

Your lucky having those nice things on the door step those juices sound Gertlush I will have to try some when I am in Bristol next often go up St Nicks good market.

Last night it was Malaysian tofu curry at Teohs in Bedminster, Bristol.

Delicious pieces of tofu cooked in a lovely Malaysian curry sauce with fragrant desiccated coconut and juicy pineapple pieces, served on a bed of rice. All for £5.50, washed down with a beer.

You'd never know that I had the menu in front of me would you. How hungry do you feel now.

errrrr the belly of the beast is rumbling link a bear that sounds dam fine.....

last time i went to teohs i asked for the vegan version of whatever meal- and i even explained to the waitress that by vegan i meant no meat, dairy, or eggs, or anything else animal related- just to make sure.. and she came back with what appeared to be egg noodles.. i asked her, and yes- they were.. she said that what she meants when she said that there were noeggs etc was that there were no chopped up pieces of egg or whatever, and took back the food reluctantly and in not a very good mood because i guess i got her into trouble.. silly lady..
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

If you didn't read it in the latest Viva mag, their founder and director Juliet Gellatley is doing an illustrated talk about the four big reasons why you don't need meat.

Its on Wednesday May 4th, 1930 - 2130, at Broadmead Baptist Church (above Tesco Metro).

If anyone fancies going and meeting up, maybe a bite to eat before or afterwards, pm me.

well yes but we know already (?)
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Default meeting up

I've been trying to get in touch with local groups but with no luck. I noticed that there are a lot of vegans in bristol and I just wondered if anyone would want to meet up.
    'Never eat more than you can lift' - 'Miss Piggy' :p

Default Re: meeting up

I might be interested. I'm very shy though, so don't be offended if I spend a lot of time in the corner looking awkward

Quote sophia
    I've been trying to get in touch with local groups but with no luck. I noticed that there are a lot of vegans in bristol and I just wondered if anyone would want to meet up.
    *waves*

what does waves mean? . . . .

as in waving- as in 'hi!'

*waves again*

Quote sophia
    I noticed that there are a lot of vegans in bristol and I just wondered if anyone would want to meet up.
    Just say when and I'm there sophia.

Viva's director Juliet Gellatley is doing an illustrated talk about the reasons why you don't need meat on Wednesday May 4th, 1930 - 2130, at Broadmead Baptist Church (above Tesco Metro). This could be a wee meet up, catching a bite to eat before or after.

Feel free to pm me.

sorry bulletproof. I get it now!! waves back!!!

how old are you sophia? where in bristol are you living? and what do u like?