Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Vegan Bristol

Default Re: Vegan Bristol

Quote LouiseAbel View Post
    I am planning to open a vegan food van in Bristol in the next couple of months (it has a Facebook page if anybody wants to be nice and "like" it! "The Spotless Leopard".)
    We defo recommend the www.thespotlessleopard.co.uk after trying the earl grey cake with lemon buttercream icing, quinoa burgers, hot mulled apple juice, and vegan chocolate and orange cupcakes.
    Last edited by gertvegan; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:37 PM.

Seitanist

Hi!

I recently moved to Bristol, I have no job at the moment and know very few people here, let alone other vegans. Any info on any vegan social events/groups or jobs/volunteering opportunities would be much appreciated as I'm keen to get stuck into something positive / social asap.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Seitanist View Post
    Hi!

I recently moved to Bristol, I have no job at the moment and know very few people here, let alone other vegans. Any info on any vegan social events/groups or jobs/volunteering opportunities would be much appreciated as I'm keen to get stuck into something positive / social asap.

Thanks in advance!
    Hey, sorry that no-one seems to have responded to your post... Only just joined this forum this eve, but have you heard of Kebele in Easton? It's a social space that's entirely vegan, does breakfast on Sat morn for donations, and a dinner on Sunday eve. New volunteers are always needed, and lots of other interesting stuff happens there. There's a library, apothecary, and you'll meet some lovely people. It's on Robertson road,go say Hello!

Great news from Louise. The Spotless Leopard will be moving into Arc Cafe on Broad Street which will be reopening as a completely vegan cafe and bar.

They're hoping to open end of June/beginning of July.

ps it's just off nelson street where the see no evil graffiti can be found

Quote gertvegan View Post
    Great news from Louise. The Spotless Leopard will be moving into Arc Cafe on Broad Street which will be reopening as a completely vegan cafe and bar.

They're hoping to open end of June/beginning of July.

ps it's just off nelson street where the see no evil graffiti can be found
    Glad to hear that Louise and her business are doing well
    Houmous atá ann!

Hurrah! Must say pics Louise puts on Fb look delicious, must git my ass over to Bristol soon

I'm sure your comments are appreciated. Feel free to add any food suggestions you have or would like to see on the spotless leopard facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSpotlessLeopardUK

Maybe see you in Bristol some time harpy.

Update from The Spotless Leopard facebook page.

Unfortunately we now won't be opening at Arc at all due to unforeseen circumstances. Apologies for the confusion and disappointment caused to anybody who was looking forward to it.

The van will still be around, though, and eventually a cafe will happen, I promise!

Thanks for all your support.

Louise.

Theres a new vegan eating out etc in Bristol website to be found at www.veganbristol.com
    Last edited by gertvegan; Jan 26th, 2014 at 08:31 PM.

Was in Bristol last weekend and decided to visit one of my old haunts for lunch. I went to La Grotta on Union St and asked for a pizza minus any cheese. At this point the lovely waitress got quite excited and asked me was I vegan? Yes, I replied. So she explained that they now have vegan cheese that they will put onto any of their pizzas. I had a lovely funghi pizza and the waitress was keen to hear my feedback. I told her it was really tasty and thanked her for catering for vegans in their restaurant. All in all was a fab lunch! I recommend.

rosalinda

hello bristol. any yous going to xmas without cruelty fair?

gert! it's me, um, rosalind. i still have your book "the pig who sang to the moon" which you leant me.. 8 years ago?

i used to be 'bulletproof' on this forum but long since forgotten the password and had a different email address etc etc

Monmouthshire

Are there many Vegan Bristolians around?

Quote rosalinda View Post
    gert! it's me, um, rosalind. i still have your book "the pig who sang to the moon" which you leant me.. 8 years ago?

i used to be 'bulletproof' on this forum but long since forgotten the password and had a different email address etc etc
    ros, come say hi at the next bristol vegans meet up at cafe kino on 8th feb, would be good to see you

Hey all, I'm heading to the UK from Australia in late August and staying in Bristol for a few days - not far from the cathedral. Can anyone recommend some good places to eat (licensed if possible but not essential) within walking distance?
    Thanks for any help
    Bronny

friendly fri

For reasons unclear, most people have abandoned this forum now. So there are no longer people talking on these issues anywhere in uk ..shame really.
    :D :)

Quote friend View Post
    For reasons unclear, most people have abandoned this forum now. So there are no longer people talking on these issues anywhere in uk ..shame really.
    Thanks for letting me know......yeah, shame.
    Bron

Bron, ask / have a look at the 'Bristol Vegans' Facebook group.

Theres a Bristol Vegans picnic on 31st August which you welcome to join. More info in the group.

Also have a look at www.veganbristol.com and the St Nicks Market tab. Also Roll for the Soul, Falafel King, Friends, & Kathmandu under the 'Centre' tab. Then theres Krishna Inn under the 'Clifton' tab, along with Spotless Leopard which is defo worth a visit. Pepe Nero under the 'Broadmead/Cabot Circus' tab. And maybe a 15 min walk, the new Fi Real can be found in Old Market, possibly the only veggie/vegan Caribbean restaurant/cafe/juice bar with tasty food & lovely folk.

You can also find Vegan Bristol on Facebook, but mainly in twitter

ps not forgetting Cafe Kino in Stokes Croft, & Asia Pop who have popped up in the Crofters Rights pub, also in Stokes Croft.