Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

oh and i just realized, i was typing how many calories i was burning for some reason and i guess i thought it mattered because ive been so programmed that way for so long, but it doesnt matter!!! as long as i do exercise, thats all that matters.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

i ate pretty healthy yesterday. no sugar, whole foods, except the last of the crackers. i even snacked on a banana. i dont really care for fruits.

not sure what ill eat today. probably salad because i have to eat it before it goes bad. and maybe more brown rice. i love brown rice. its so good.

im craving soup though. steev might get me some kind of soup from the grocery store. ive got a stuffy nose and headache so some hot soup sounds pretty nice right now.

i forgot to say, i gained 7 pounds over night from drinking gatorade on saturday. but i lost one.

god if i didnt drink the gatorade i would have ended up in the hospital but can my body not gain 7 pounds? i fucking hate water retention it is the worst thing in the world.

sugarmouse

Aw (Hugs) tina...all the healthy food must be making you feel better and doin you good?! I have been soooo bad this weekend, I ate Pizza on saturday and didnt make the gym sat or sun, also got tipsy both those nights.
    Eating a tonne of salad today though ate brocolli, salad and rice cakes yesterday, and ran for 30 mins today dead fast .

good job sugar!

i dont really feel any better, i feel pretty crappy really. i wish it would help though. at least im not throwing up.

i just realized i set a goal of doing jump rope 9 more times before halloween. but everyones celebrating halloween this coming weekend, which would mean i have five days to do jump rope 9 more times. hmmm i wonder if thats possible. lol.

and i have bronchitis.

LuVegan15

Uhm I already have a health and fitness scheme but I haven't been doing the best with it atm. I'm going to get better from now on thought as it's half term

Diet

*5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
    *more leafy greens.
    *no more vegan crisps
    *no more vegan chocolate.
    *have about 1100 - 1500 kcals a day.

Fitness

*have about 8 hours sleep every night, not 6
    *go running everyday for an hour
    *gymnastics and dance for half an hour every day.
    *only spend an hour or less on computer every day, not like 3

Been making a lot of stir frys to get more vegetables Thanks for everyone's support on me quitting smoking.
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

good job nuvegan, and welcome!

if you need any ideas for how to eat more greens, or replacements for vegan crisps i have lots!

today i ate pretty well. healthy over all but minus the fact that i ate gluten and too much sodium in the veggie dogs.

no crackers today!

no exercise either, but really its not going to help me feel healthy to exercise when i feel like shit.

i also got some hemp in me today. yum!

i wanted to add that my ill health has nothing to do with being vegan, and i thought i should say so, as im sure there are many people that dont know my story or why i am ill. so i just wanted to state that.
    Last edited by foxytina_69; Oct 24th, 2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added a part

sugarmouse

Only managed 20 min run today,was just proving too hard. Did you ever have off days when you were a novice runner, AMF?I was going faster than normal though.
    I have eaten veg juice, salads and steamed broccoli..all healthy stuff though I guess.

Starting tomorrow I am back on track...

Eating healthy...plenty of water...

Exercise...

Something is wrong with my joints...so I am going to do 30 seconds each day strengthening each joint...swim for 30 minutes once a week...

I'm leaving it a month, if haven't improved I'm going back to doctor...

It is just...ever since I started college...it is my college bag...too much weight in it but nothing I can do.

The slightest weight on my left shoulder and my whole arm goes numb...plus it tingles and throbs sometimes...it is my writing arm too.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Doing crap at the moment, both physically and emotionally.

WEIGHT 73kgs

DIET
    2 pieces wholewheat toast & jam
    1 piece vegan pizza -homemade
    bowl tortellini and tomato sauce
    2 pieces garlic bread
    1 slice homemade banana bread
    2 eggplant fritters and salad.
    organic tea
    chai tea
    water
    jasmine tea

EXERCISE
    missed 2 gym classes today - body step & body pump due to migraine.
    so no exercise

SUPPLIMENTS
    Livertone x 2 (liver cleansing herbs)
    Too slack to take any others

animaladvocate

I have been too busy to exercise recently.I am on my moons at the moment so I feel bloated and yukky but I'm going to force myself out into the sunshine soon and do a 3 mile walk.

regarding weight loss, i lost 10 pounds overnight the other day, but then gained it back because i drank 4 cups of iced tea.

sigh.

have been eating pretty healthy though, other than yesterday but it didnt matter anyway because it didnt stay down.

ive been eating a lot of brown rice and healthy sandwiches and soy milk and what not.

no exercise though.

animaladvocate

Tina please be kind to yourself regarding food and your body.You are quite literally a physical part of your Momma so by nurturing yourself with healthy eating you will be nurturing a part of Momma, k?

Quote xwitchymagicx View Post
    [COLOR=purple]

The slightest weight on my left shoulder and my whole arm goes numb...plus it tingles and throbs sometimes...it is my writing arm too.
    I'm having a similar problem on my left arm. It's especially worse in my fingers, sometimes I can't even move them because the "pins and needles" sensation is so painful. The doctor wants me to get some fancy nerve scan at the hospital.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

animal, i have been thats why i said ive been eating healthy thanks hon!

99 pages of thread on the forum
    99 pages of thread
    And if one of those pages should be mod-er-at-er-ed
    98 pages of thread on the forum
    98 pages of thread

Seriously though, I can't possibly wade through all that. Anyone else into open water swimming?

im not really understanding what youre talking about rossclement. are you saying that this thread is hard to read through?

Quote foxytina_69 View Post
    im not really understanding what youre talking about rossclement. are you saying that this thread is hard to read through?
    Not hard, just lengthy. I'm cooking dinner, feeding pets, doing other things. It would take me half an hour or more to read through the whole thing so I just cut straight to the quick.

Quote RossClement View Post
    99 pages of thread on the forum
    99 pages of thread
    And if one of those pages should be mod-er-at-er-ed
    98 pages of thread on the forum
    98 pages of thread

Seriously though, I can't possibly wade through all that. Anyone else into open water swimming?
    I'm into swimming. Not open water though...
    context is everything

Quote xrodolfox View Post
    I'm into swimming. Not open water though...
    I do a lot of swimming in pools too, mainly training sessions. A year ago I couldn't swim more than a couple of lengths without stopping exhausted. As a middle aged type, I decided that it was now or never to learn to swim properly. And I wanted to get fit again.

So I've been working on it and getting better. Next year I've got my eye on several events run by, or in conjunction with, the British Long Distance Swimming Association. Maybe some triathlons as well.

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    I'm having a similar problem on my left arm. It's especially worse in my fingers, sometimes I can't even move them because the "pins and needles" sensation is so painful. The doctor wants me to get some fancy nerve scan at the hospital.
    Er that sucks.

I dunno what they'll do about mine, not got time to visit doctors! lol
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

It sounds like you might both have a bit of nerve compression.

Tigerlily that's how my issues started.

Whether driving, sitting etc make sure your posture is a good one.

Sleep only on one pillow.

Keep that up until you get your scan.

In the meantime, ask for some physio.

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Nerve compression?

Never heard of it.

I don't think I'm going to the doctor for mine, I'm refusing to see any doctors or health related things from now on till they stop being shit.

I wish I had good posture, but having to carry my bag around means I have to have it on one shoulder as one side is pretty fucked up so can't use it. lol

The doctor said it's probably because I'm on the computer too much and I have bad posture. :P
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Exercise!

Although I say that and exercise is making mine worse...it can't be because I'm doing it wrong as the exercising was working for months until I had to start carrying my college bag.

sugarmouse

I dont know whats the matter with me at the moment. I went the gym on Sunda happily.
    On Monday I just felt like anything other than running so thought I would leave it a day and go on Tues.I did go on Tues, and cold only do 15 minutes before I felt sick of it.
    Then today I went again and made it to 17 minutes, even though before I got there I had felt so in the mood for it, really looking forward to runnign actually.I got so fed up and hot and sweaty wheras normally I love it. I think maybe cos' the gym was hotter than normal,more busy..I dont know!I hope its just a phase.

maybe it could have something to do with your protein levels doll.

today i ate healthy. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Smile Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Hi Everyone!

Ive just found this thread and had a read through the last 10 pages or so and was wondering if I could join in?
    Im quite overweight and would like to lose some weight before January. Ive got a jump rope and had some success with it before and would like to start it up again - although it is soooo exhausting!!
    I would also post my food, just to keep an eye on it as its very easy to eat something and forget about it!
    Im looking forward to getting started and hope to support everyone else too..

Thanks
    Clare

Jump rope? Skipping? Make sure you have decent shoes for that. Plus do other exercise too.

Ive got some good trainers so will wear them - I would like to mix in other exercise but Im not really one for group activities and am a little shy of exercising infront of others - maybe walking will be enough of an add on? what do you think? or do you think I should face my fear?

Thanks for your reply btw!

welcome clare, of course you can post in here, and welcome to the forum also!

jump rope has gotten me more fit faster than anything ive ever done my whole life. its extremely good for your whole body, so if thats where you want to start than go ahead. it IS really exhausting but i can only do like 30 seconds at a time, but i take breaks and eventually build up to ten minutes a day.

i dont like working out infront of others either, thats why i like to do things at home. you can even do jumping jacks, step ups on a chair or books, run up and down some stairs, anything. it all counts. remember to get some stretching as well, and some strength training. you can use cans of food if you dont have weights.

anything counts, so remember that. dont worry about exercising for say 30 minutes a day every day. just do what you can do. even if its only 1 minute at a time!

sugarmouse

No excersise for me yet, I am waiting until I feel better.
    Today I have eaten lots and lots of salad, some roast butternut squash, lots of steamed broccoli, I feel healthy but full!

have been eating a lot of salads lately, not sure why. salads, soups and sandwiches.

so i guess im eating pretty healthy and have been getting a little bit of exercise.

Okay - I said I would not post my weight ambitions due to the issues previously mentioned.

However, got a shock beginnining of November - so worth posting

Monthly start weigh-in:

November - 13 stone 5lbs
    October - 13 stone 8lbs
    September 13 stone 12lbs
    August - 13 stone 10lbs
    July - 13 stone 8lbs
    June - 13 stone 10lbs
    May - 13 stone 11lbs
    April - 13 stone 10lbs
    March - 14 stone
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

sugarmouse

I hav been runing again, faster than I normally do but not for as long
    yesterday I did 25 mins today 22 at 9-10 k p hour.GladI havent lost the touch! Eating loadsa veggies too, and not going out tomoro nite so my alcohol intake will be less this week

great job frank!!! good for you!!

good job sugar!!!

ive been getting some walking in, well, lots for me.

I havent posted since my first one as I couldnt find my stupid skipping rope! But I have had a major clearout today and have found it! So no excuses now. I was also bad and made peanut butter cookies which I will now have to resist eating all of - little bit of self sabotage there!

I will endeavour to be good for this weekend! Hope you are all feeling good,

Clare

Good sperm

After having 2 weeks off due to a dodgy back (twisted 2 vertebrae out of alignment but osteopath says it'll be fine) I sorted my bike out today and went out for a brisk 8 mile ride. Very nice it was too, and until I buy new trainers for my overpronating feet it'll be my main form of exercise. I'm also going to go swimming a couple of night a week too, being injured and unable to run has really got me down, and reminded me that I shouldn't be so reliant on one form of exercise.

its okay clare, just learn moderation is key!!

i hope you get better soon amf *hugs*

Good sperm

Getting back into exercising this week after two weeks off with bad back

Monday 3m run
    Tuesday 625m swim
    Wednesday 30min/5m cycle
    Thursday 750m swim
    Friday 3m run
    Saturday 10.7 mile bike ride

Great thread, sooo long - but here I am adding to it! I am losing weight slowly for medical reasons - metabolic syndrome i.e. insulin resistance and high cholestorol and triglcyerides; fatty liver disease; PCOS; depression - making healthy choices with food and exercising regularly.

I am going to a weekly swimming class and also practice in pool 2 times a week - I am pretty crap at learning to swim but I get plenty exercise so that's what matters most right now. Also one aquafit class a week which I love. I never thought I would like a group activity but I do and I have started an exercise class too (body conditioning, a mix of resistance and cardio). It's like it's not me! In a good way. The days I go swimming, I also go to the gym and do a mix of cardio and weights. Much prefer the weights as the counting keeps my brain off negative stuff. 10 minutes on bike or treadmill is as much as I can cope with!

It takes a while to notice good stuff - but the fact that I can do 5 days class/gym/swim is amazing considering how hard it was at first. My aims are to decrease waist size (because this is a major factor in metabolic syndrome), increase energy and stamina, feel better mentally and physically. Weight loss is more a way of measuring this rather than the aim in itself. But have already gone from being very obese to just being obese according to BMI charts, so that's good!

Also increasing amount of walking I do, dancing to music, housework... After Xmas, going to start some more mindful exercise like yoga or pilates or tai chi.

My long term aim is to come off all medication because of the animal testing, ingredients, not wanting to feed drug company profits etc. and to do lots more outdoor exercise - like hillwalking. Have problems with knees due to feet so waiting to see podiatrist in December - once that's sorted, it will help me do a lot more stuff.

sugarmouse

[good luck AnneCE!

I did my back an injury last week but am back on the runnign now just being careful to stretch properly.
    Ysterday, 25 min run.
    Today, 30 min.
    EAting healthily ish cannot member yesterday but today I had 3 apples, handful of kettle chips(slap wrist)
    One crispbread, small portion sweet n sour butterbeans and a huge salad with leaves, cucumber, avacado, mayola and cabbage.

sugarmouse

I did 27 min run day before yesterday &the day beforebut I ate so so badly yesterday!I didnt feelwell at all andwas hungry at the same time, cravin nasty things all day.Ugh.
    Few chips 140 Cals
    roast corguettes 100
    Salad with mayola 100
    suop,bit of pasta 160
    salad 0
    noodles 420
    crispbreads50
    coffee
    Imade up for no exercise yesterday by walking the twenty mins home from town and the 25 mins to my friends house.
    I will try make p for it today.About to do some stretches and go for a run.I ran for 28 mins today and have had a large salad, will probably make healthy food later too. I need some more sleep lol

Good sperm

Eat more. Running that much and consuming so little calories is gonna put you in hospital. The calories WILL NOT MAKE YOU PUT ON WEIGHT, you will gain muscle, tone up and have more energy. Aim for low fat high carb 1800+ cals a day.

sugarmouse

How many cals did that add up to I am sure it's about 1800....
    howmany do you take a day please AMF?
    I try to keep my calories low, Ihave lost 8lbs ish and like my body alot more now, Ifeel loads better abou myself.

I really dont think it will put me in hspital..I still eat..although Ihave had a fewspells of tiredness and tummy ache but I amstill not over my illnesses from year or so ago..still in therapy so that's probably a lot to do with it
    Also with calorie intake don't forget I am only small...5'3 ish.
    Thankyou xxx

Hmm well good luck everyone! I'm going to try and get fit and healthy starting now hehe...I'll report in a weeks time to let you all know if it's working...
    Live honourably by becoming what you pretend to be. - Socrates

Good sperm

Quote sugarmouse View Post
    How many cals did that add up to I am sure it's about 1800....
    howmany do you take a day please AMF?
    I try to keep my calories low, Ihave lost 8lbs ish and like my body alot more now, Ifeel loads better abou myself.

I really dont think it will put me in hspital..I still eat..although Ihave had a fewspells of tiredness and tummy ache but I amstill not over my illnesses from year or so ago..still in therapy so that's probably a lot to do with it
    Also with calorie intake don't forget I am only small...5'3 ish.
    Thankyou xxx
    I run 25 miles a week as well as swimming and I eat around 2000-2500 cals a day. I'd aim for about 2000 TBH, with a mix of around 60% carb (complex obviously), 25% protein 15% fat (unsaturated and if you can omega rich)

Even at 5'3 you'll have calorie needs of about 2000 a day if you're as active as you are.

sugarmouse

I am no way as active as you.
    I try to get the gym for 25-30 mins running, 4 times a week min.
    Other than that I walk v briskly to work and back twice a week, do weights when I can and try to do some form of excersise on the days I canot make the gym..but I am not half as active as you think I shall bet!

Good sperm

You should still aim for 2000cals a day with that amount of exercise.