Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

poor wmenke. i know how frustrating that is. do you do lots of cardio? you should add in some more for some real fat burning.

roxy, thats amazing! great job!

today i put on two pairs of pants that havent fit for a while and they did fit. although they felt tight in the tummy area after eating lunch becuase i ate too much rice *rolls eyes* but ohwell, atleast they fit better.

i also got in more walking today and lost another pound. so its 13 total now. i think it was 12 before. still dont feel any less fat though. argh.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

PygmyGoat

Quote Roxy View Post
    I would just like to say that I have lost 13 pounds since April.......slowly but surely! I want to lose a few more before I am happy with where my weight is. I also have to say, that I haven't been at a weight this low since my mid 20's.

I bought a new pair of jeans today.........SIZE 8!!! I've never worn size 8 jeans before and it's made the hard slog of dieting really worth it!

WOW!!! That's great, well done!!!

prilly-pie

HELP NEEDED
    ok, so i have such a wide bones frame - im tall, wide and athletic. im 5'7 and i can build muscle very easily (when u can see it under my insulation heehee). as u know, im being healthy, losing weight in a slow manner, but i want to prepare my "underneathness" for when i am slimmer. i know starting toning is a grand idea. . i also walk everywhere - so pack in a fair bit of walking a day. there is the gym for 30 squid a month - one pound per day.. i dont know if id use it that much - i have so much work to do, the thought of going to the gym makes me feel exhausted. What do u suggest to help along my surfer/boarder body along?

pril x

PygmyGoat

^ I also have that kind of very muscular frame. I have recently started using a body toner - one of the electronic pulse pad type, very cheap off e-bay! . It does seem to help!.

prilly-pie

oh my - what does it do

PygmyGoat

You stick the pads on your muscles, turn it on and it pulses through your muscles at various speeds (you set it), making them contract.

Thanks Tina and Pygmygoat!

Quote wmenke View Post
    Ok, so I'm getting pretty frustrated and I'm about to throw my scale out of the window. The first time I went vegan (last February) I dropped about 8lbs in the first month just by changing what I ate. Then another 5lbs when I started exercising. This time I've changed the what I eat and I've been exercising the the scale doesn't budge. It's been over a month and nothing. If anything it seems to slowly be creeping up. I can't fit in any of my jeans from last fall and it's starting to get cold outside and I'd like some pants that fit!

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but God...this sucks. Thanks for listening. Hope you all are doing better than me!
    Sounds like you're plateuing (sorry bout spelling I'm too tired to spell right).

Try 5- 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 main meals
    Cut out carbs after 5pm.
    Try doing some d/t exercise than you usually do. Maybe tennis or swimming or gym classes. As long as it's something d/t to trick your body into action.
    Make sure 2 of your meals include good sources of protein
    What ever you do make sure you do weight training 2-3x per week. This has been proven time and time again to increase fat burning up to 3x faster than exercise and diet alone.

Good Luck.
    Keep at it!!

I should lose lots of weight due to stress. My little dog apparently has many tumours ready to grow like the last so the vet has advised me to enjoy the short time we have left together. I only just lost my other little dog about 5 mths back. Poor Moppy dog!

Anyway.

Today.

DIET
    4 small spelt pancakes and maple syrup
    3 small potato latskes & 2 spinach filo triangles
    gnocci with pumpkin and sage sauce
    Lots of water
    chai tea
    strawberry roobos
    1 soy cappacino

EXERCISE
    None. Missed Body Combat and didn't care.
    Tomorrow Body pump 1 hour

SUPPLIMENTS
    Multi
    liquid iron & b12

prilly-pie

i feel so pre- menstrual -
    since getting my periods back, it seems to get worse each month - (im not saying im any different to anyone else)- but it really IS getting me down - i just mvoed away from home, so im away from comforts. i know people shouldnt COMFORT themselves with food, bcos it doesnt solve anything, but i am going to keep it healthy - bake some fruit (apples, pears, grapes, oranges) and make like a fruit"hot pot" - so its sweet and warm and make a BIG mug of hot chocolate. i was very good and sat in bed till 1130am doing my assignment this morning! so i have all aftgernoon to cosy up with a film. i know its not active - but blah - does anyone kno where im coming from?

So, yesterday I celebrated it being Friday a litttle too hard and drank too much beer and ate too much food! But, that being said, I took my measurements today and I've lost 2 in. in my hips, 1 in. in my waist, and 1 in. in my abdomen. So, even though the scale isn't budging, I'm making progress. Thanks for everyone who responded to my frustration, you guys are great

Quote ladyaprille View Post
    - does anyone kno where im coming from?
    I know exactly how you feel. I just graduated college and got married, but I've been way depressed. I've known myself as a college student for so long that I feel kind of lost. On top of it, I also moved away from the city that I loved to this horrible city I hate. My husband works and goes to school at night so I don't see him much. I obviously had a hard time making any friends in the new place. So I just sat at home feeling horrible!

I just got a new job though and I've started making some friends and I'm feeling a little better now. I know that everything will get better...just give it some time!

Yogini

I have a question about picking a realistic but proper goal BMI/weight. I'm not sure where in the range of proper BMI for my height I should aim for due to two factors. 1) I've always been quite curvy, even when I was thin (in other words, I naturally carry extra weight in my boobs, ass, and hips) but 2) I'm quite small-framed. So should I shoot for the low-end of the range or closer to the middle?

Yogini

I went pants shopping the other day for the first time in quite awhile. The size I bought (and fit into) is four sizes smaller than last year at this time.

As an added bonus, the pants were 12.50 USD, marked down from 58.

I know a size 14 isn't really thin, but I sure as heck feel thin.

Yogini

I'm following Treehugga's template.

Diet:

millet toast with almond butter
    chopped papaya (my cat finished the few bits I didn't - he's so cute!)
    .5 oz dehydrated bananas and strawberries
    Chickpea salad (chickpeas, brown rice, marinated tofu, cucumber slices, garlic, green onion) - I ate a lot of this salad.
    herbal tea with a little agave nectar
    lots of water

In a minute I'll juice two oranges and maybe have another slice of millet bread.

I didn't eat very many veggies today. I must rectify that tomorrow.

Exercise:

40 minutes Pilates
    35 minutes low-impact aerobics

Supplements:

2 Bone Support capsules (calcium, D, magnesium)
    1 tablespoon blueberry acidophilus probiotic

Ok, so the weekend killed me again, but I had a good time! Today:

Breakfast: 4 pancakes and some potatoes

Lunch: Nachos with chips, refriend beans, tomatos, Tofutti sour cream, and salsa

Dinner: Angel hair pasta with spaghetti sauce and 3 pieces of garlic bread

Snack: Umm..4 more pancakes and 1/2 a bottle of wine (not consumed together)... I have a sweet tooth!

I also played tennis with my husband for about an hour. Pretty lazy weekend with lots of alcohol and minimal exercise. I'll make up for it somehow

Congrats Yogini! Dropping 4 pant sizes is amazing...feeling amazing is even better. Good for you!!

I, like you, am a little curvy, even when I was running about 6-8 miles a day. Personally, I felt the best when I was around a BMI of 20-21. Below that, I felt a little too thin for my frame. I'm pretty athletic and look the best with the curvy, athletic build compared to the really thin look.

i hope i can join this thread.

i recently became vegan, and am excited by all the yummy vegan choices out there, but don't wanna fall into a trap of becoming a junk food eating vegan.

i'm fairly active, but due to a recent calf injury my running has decreased dramatically. so i want to go back to running 5x a week, and planning to run a half marathon sometime next april.

this weekend has been full of too many treats and alcohol and no exercise. so here's to starting off the week with a bang tomorrow: cardio kickboxing and some real healthy eating.

I have a question for and would like to hear from other people's opinions. I recently gave up caffeine and diet soda (no more aspartame) about 3 weeks ago. In those three weeks I have probably ate better and exercised more than I have in the last year. However, I haven't dropped weight like I thought I would. Not even a pound. I've read some that caffeine can actually help you lose weight and I've read that it doesn't. Anyone want to weigh in on this?

Welcome veggiejess! I had the same type of weekend as you...lots of treats and hardly any exercise. We'll start better tomorrow

thanks!

for me, diet soda causes me to bloat and sometimes makes me feel more hungry than i am after i drink it. when i cut it out, i seem to feel lighter, even though i may not actually weigh more. i do feel better without it in my system.

as for caffeine causing weight loss, it might in high amounts help aid it. i know diet pills often contain caffeine, especially since ephedra is banned.
    and caffeine is found in plenty of other sources besides soda of course.

I drink lots of caffeine in the form of coffee and lattes, can't function without them on somedays! but i never see a difference in weight if i give it up for a couple of days.

pavotrouge

I've read this thread for some time now and don't know if I should join... it seems you're all so focused on weight loss while I should rather aim for weight gain... or maybe not... don't get me wrong, I don't have a eating disorder of any kind and I'm not terribly thin.

It's just that I've always been pretty thin before adolescence, then put on some weight during my teens- since I've moved to my own place, went vegan, finally started doing sports again (I was doing basketball and athletics until I was 13 or 14) lost this extra weight (I didn't realize it; everybody just keeps on telling me how thin I've become...I'm 120 pounds at 5''9, I think that is normal?!).

So, I'm not all about losing weight but more about excersing to stay healthy and feel better- at the other hand, I've found myself eating a lot of crap lately and really want to change that.

Am I welcome?!

Everyone's "healthy" is different and it's great that you want to join!

pavotrouge

Thanx wmenke!...my "healthy" tomorrow will surely not consist of having slept much...I just can't go jogging evenings after work without being up all night...but am too lazy to get up an hour earlier in the mornings...

I also joined SparkPeople, mainly to keep track of my nutritient intake...and they have got a recipe edit function, I like that as I love trying + inventing new recipes.

A weird thing is that even when I think I've only eaten crap, the analysis tells me I'm ok o.O

today's day went pretty good.

attempting to start running again tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed that my calf doesn't start to hurt again. other than that i'm pretty busy with school and work which i like. keeps my eating sorta scheduled.

Yogini

Quote wmenke View Post
    Congrats Yogini! Dropping 4 pant sizes is amazing...feeling amazing is even better. Good for you!!
    Thank you so much! And yes, I feel really good.

Yogini

Quote wmenke View Post
    I have a question for and would like to hear from other people's opinions. I recently gave up caffeine and diet soda (no more aspartame) about 3 weeks ago.
    I really have no idea if quitting diet soda contributed to my weight loss. But it certainly hasn't hindered it - I switched first from diet soda to a restricted amount of regular soda, then finally to just to water and herbal tea. And the rare bottle of kombucha and juice. Soda is never good for you, no matter what the variety.

Yogini

Quote wmenke View Post
    Everyone's "healthy" is different and it's great that you want to join!
    Ditto! Fit and thin aren't interchangeable words.

Yogini

Quote pavotrouge View Post
    I also joined SparkPeople, mainly to keep track of my nutritient intake...and they have got a recipe edit function, I like that as I love trying + inventing new recipes.
    Is there a fee to join SparkPeople?

Yogini

I had a major big breakfast today because I wasn't sure when I would be able to eat again. I had a big bowl of oatmeal flavored with Earth Balance, maple syrup, and cinnamon; two slices of millet toast with almond butter; and 1 cup of chopped papaya. But I was able to hit a vegetarian cafeteria around 2:30 PM where I had salad, brown rice with kale, baked tofu, and a bottle of Synergy (kombucha with juice.) I have a bag of dehydrated strawberries and bananas in my purse to tide me over 'til dinner. If hungry, I'll have salad and rice/mushroom soup.

I did 30 minutes of cardio walking with weight training intervals this morning and when I get home tonight I'll try to fit in 20 minutes of power yoga.

So, I broke down today and had coffee for breakfast. It's sad, but I'm a completely different person when I have a little caffeine. Work is more fun, I'm perkier, and my appetite isn't as furocious. I'm still not drinking soda though.

Breakfast: Coffee (black)

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Salad with tomato and Balsalmic Vinagarette (the spray kind with 1 cal. per spray) and an organic orange

Snack: Handfull of Cashews

Dinner: Boca Vegan burger (bun, lettuce, onion, mustard, ketchup) and 2 cups vegetable soup

I started a workout program for my cheerleading squad and today was the first day. It was so much fun to workout with my girls, especially since some of them have never lifted a weight before.

Quote veggiejess View Post
    i hope i can join this thread.

i recently became vegan, and am excited by all the yummy vegan choices out there, but don't wanna fall into a trap of becoming a junk food eating vegan.

i'm fairly active, but due to a recent calf injury my running has decreased dramatically. so i want to go back to running 5x a week, and planning to run a half marathon sometime next april.

this weekend has been full of too many treats and alcohol and no exercise. so here's to starting off the week with a bang tomorrow: cardio kickboxing and some real healthy eating.

welcome veggiejess!

Quote treehugga View Post
    I should lose lots of weight due to stress. My little dog apparently has many tumours ready to grow like the last so the vet has advised me to enjoy the short time we have left together. I only just lost my other little dog about 5 mths back. Poor Moppy dog!

Anyway.

Today.

DIET
    4 small spelt pancakes and maple syrup
    3 small potato latskes & 2 spinach filo triangles
    gnocci with pumpkin and sage sauce
    Lots of water
    chai tea
    strawberry roobos
    1 soy cappacino

EXERCISE
    None. Missed Body Combat and didn't care.
    Tomorrow Body pump 1 hour

SUPPLIMENTS
    Multi
    liquid iron & b12

oh im so sorry to hear that treehugga. many hugs to you and stay strong and healthy.

Quote Yogini View Post
    I went pants shopping the other day for the first time in quite awhile. The size I bought (and fit into) is four sizes smaller than last year at this time.

As an added bonus, the pants were 12.50 USD, marked down from 58.

I know a size 14 isn't really thin, but I sure as heck feel thin.
    wow thats great yogini!

Quote pavotrouge View Post
    I've read this thread for some time now and don't know if I should join... it seems you're all so focused on weight loss while I should rather aim for weight gain... or maybe not... don't get me wrong, I don't have a eating disorder of any kind and I'm not terribly thin.

It's just that I've always been pretty thin before adolescence, then put on some weight during my teens- since I've moved to my own place, went vegan, finally started doing sports again (I was doing basketball and athletics until I was 13 or 14) lost this extra weight (I didn't realize it; everybody just keeps on telling me how thin I've become...I'm 120 pounds at 5''9, I think that is normal?!).

So, I'm not all about losing weight but more about excersing to stay healthy and feel better- at the other hand, I've found myself eating a lot of crap lately and really want to change that.

Am I welcome?!
    ofcourse youre welcome pavotrouge. the whole point of this thread is to join if you dont feel fit or healthy, so if you want to get fit and healthy then join on in. most people here need to lose weight to feel more fit and healthy, but there are lots of people in the world who need to gain weight to feel healthier.

most of us mainly focus on getting enough nutrients, and protein and such, so thats what were after, aswell as a healthy amount of exercise. is that what youre after too?

anyhow, welcome!

i havent posted here in a few days because ive been busy but over the weekend i was really unhealthy, but i got lots of walks in last week, so im going to try to be healthier this week.

i did get enough protein yesterday though so thats good.

xxx Foxy.

TODAY

DIET
    just light high fibre cereal
    hot chips and 4 bread
    protein shake
    thai stir fry and jasmine rice
    2 wholemeal & apricot cookies

(i have pmt so no *****control!!)

EXERCISE
    1 hour Body Pump - what a toned amazon I am!!

SUPPLIMENTS
    liquid iron
    flower remedies

NO MIGRAINES FOR LAST 2 WEEKS WOO HOOO

prilly-pie

ive been good today - fruit, veg, protein, but i just got home and i had 100g of nuts and seeds - 512 cals. im worried ive ruined my plan by eating such a dense number of cals so late...
    what do u think? :$

Yogini

I had 45 minutes of cardio on my training schedule for today. I wanted to do in-home walking but couldn't face the crappy music Leslie Sansone uses in her videos. So I programmed my own playlist and just did whatever moves I felt like (that I learned from Leslie) and it was so much fun. The Hooters "And We Danced" was a great tune to have right after my warmup. However, putting The B-52s "Rock Lobster" on the playlist at all was a bad choice - way too fast for way too long. My heart rate was up to 180 at one point.

I bought some pants this summer thinking they would fit me, but of course they didn't. So, I've had these nice khakis I've wanted to wear jut hanging in my closet for months now. I tried them on about 2 months ago when I got my new job, but they were way too snug. This morning I had no clean pants and it was too cold to wear a skirt so I thought that I'd try one more time to put them on. They fit perfectly!! I'm way excited. Apparently eating well and exercising does work.

Next mission: fit in my jeans from last year

Today~

Breakfast: 2 cups black coffee
    Snack: Banana
    Lunch: Salad and an orange
    Snack: 1.75 cups frosted flakes and 1 cup soy milk
    Dinner: 1 bowl whole wheat elbow pasta, tomato sauce, diced tomato, and onion , 1 slice of bread, and a can of green beans.

Yogini

Diet:

1 oz dehydrated strawberries and bananas
    brown rice w/nutritional yeast
    millet bread
    salad (romaine, red cabbage, broccoli, carrots, green onions, millet croutons, pumpkin seeds, homemade maple mustard dressing)
    great northern beans sauteed in olive oil, garlic, ginger, and cayenne
    yerba mate w/agave nectar
    water

Training:
    45 minutes cardio
    25 minutes Pilates

Supplements:
    2 capsules bone support formula
    1 tb probiotic

Quote wmenke View Post
    I bought some pants this summer thinking they would fit me, but of course they didn't. So, I've had these nice khakis I've wanted to wear jut hanging in my closet for months now. I tried them on about 2 months ago when I got my new job, but they were way too snug. This morning I had no clean pants and it was too cold to wear a skirt so I thought that I'd try one more time to put them on. They fit perfectly!! I'm way excited. Apparently eating well and exercising does work.

Next mission: fit in my jeans from last year

that's great progress, keep up the good work!

well right now i'm not doing any cardio, because i've injured my calf. so this next week i really need to focus more on my diet.

i want to get a lot more fruits and veggies in my diet. i know i can get at least 2 or 3 fruits, and 4-5 veggies, i just want to be consistent with it.

so far today 1 fruit, 0 veg. still have all day to go.....

pavotrouge

Thanks everyone ^ ^

Well, as it is now, I feel pretty good with my weight but sometimes think (and some analzing proved it) that I don't get enough calories and nutritients though I feel I'm eating all day... weight gain for me always comes with more excercise, which I really need in my new office job.

My diet so far for today:

breakfast: ran out of muesli or any other sweet stuff I usually have for breakfast, so some three-seed bread with hummus, a tomato and some olives + a mug of peppermint tea

at work: a lot of herbal tea again (my coworker always brings lots of teabags)
    2 bananas
    2 figs
    1 glass of alpro chocolate soy milk

snack: a handful of almond Xmas cookies, waiting for the tram

Dinner will be Spätzle with cabbage since the "anyone cabbage" thread reminded me it's time for it.

Excercise: I had planned on jogging tonight but will probably stay in since I've already walked 8 kilometres doing grocery shopping in two cities today and feel tired.

@veggiejess: there are some easy tricks to make sure to eat all your fruit and veggies- for example, try to chop fruit into your cereal if you eat that. Always have a bowl of fruit within eyesight- I've got one in the kitchen, one in the living room and a shared one in the office. I also like to eat veggies as a snack, although I'm not too keen on raw stuff...antipasti makes a delish and tasty snack, and dried fruit counts, too!

PS: I went jogging nevertheless; but only for 15 minutes until my upper abdominal muscles went all sore T_T Might have to do with my period...

PygmyGoat

Hi, I'm joining you!

I've been a sugar junkie lately - loads of cake and ice-cream . Now it's caught up with me, I'm tired, headachey and thirsty . Just did a Google search and discovered why high blood sugar levels are so dangerous - sugar can damgae all your vital organs, even eyes .

So I'm going high-raw.

May need support! .

Also going to walk more, cycle, and get back to Yoga again.

thanks pavotrouge for the suggestions! i always make sure i have a piece of fruit handy for whenever hunger strikes.

so far today i've had 2 fruit, about 2-3 veggies.

planning a huge salad for dinner, so i'll def get in all my veggies. perhaps another piece of fruit, because i'm sure i'll be hungry later on.

welcome pygmygoat.

Well, I'm going to be very sore tomorrow. I've been lifting more frequently and I ran 3 miles last night. Today at cheer practice the other coach and I stunted with our girls and that is quite the upper body workout! Then our squad went and lifted together for another 30 minutes.

So far today:

Breakfast: popcorn

Lunch: salad and soy yogart

Snack: handful of cashews

Dinner:?? soup?? I know that I'm going out for drinks and chips & salsa

I think I did good today in the treats department. I found some mini chocolate chip cookies at the store and I only had a small handful of them! Last night I ate several large handfuls and that's normal protocol. Instead of the cookies, I munched on some peanuts. They still contain fat but at least peanuts are more nutritious and not sugar-filled.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

It is going to be hard for me to get fit and healthy, for one I really need to be awake in the day rather than being a night owl.

When I finally sort my sleep pattern out, I'm going to eat fruit in the morning, as supposedly because it is the easier food to digest, it is best if you eat it on its own, and on an empty stomach so you can get all the nutrients out of it!

I will try to eat protein and carbohydrates seperate where possible...blah blah.

So yeah, I need to eat more fruit, start eating breakfast, drink way more water than I already do, and eat more proper meals...Oh and lower my salt intake.

I find this hard as I don't like going downstairs till the evening because of "family problems".

I need to excercise to, what is good excercise for a person who has bad joints, especially knees, and isn't use to excercising?

This is all because I'm trying to beat depression, and lower stress levels through diet and excercise rather than medication, getting the motivation however is another story.

Quote ladyaprille View Post
    ive been good today - fruit, veg, protein, but i just got home and i had 100g of nuts and seeds - 512 cals. im worried ive ruined my plan by eating such a dense number of cals so late...
    what do u think? :$
    I think it's much more healthy for you to consume nuts and seeds even in the evening than not have them. They are an important part of the vegan diet and provide EFA's, fibre and protein. 100 gms is buggar all really! I lose way more weight when i have been good about including several handfuls of nuts and seeds during the day and I always feel more energised for my work outs too.