Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Quote treehugga View Post
    . . . I like to see what people eat throughout the day as I am studying nutrition and find it a helpful guide to write it down.
    But if we are now trying to get this thread back to focusing on encouragement and support why not post it in the What Did You Eat Today thread? That is where the rest of the forum is posting their details if you are interested in peoples nutrition.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

This morning I lead a set of 4 X 100yds on the 1:10 and made all of them quite easily! I led all of the workout, and was lapping friends who are pretty fast for a total of nearly 4k yards in an hour today. Progess is being made! Happy is me!

And that followed yesterday's meals:
    breakfast: two large (double serving size) bowls of grapenuts with soymilk + WW toast with margerine and two tofurkey slices.

snack: protein bar + 16 oz OJ

Lunch: 2 lbs of vegan food (pay by pound); including vegan lasagna, spinach w/ onions and tomatoes in lemon juice and salt, scrambled tofu, fried tofu with whole grain rice, jalabi, etc.

snack: one Annie's Brand vegan pot pie I had in my office.

(Yesterday, for some reason, I was still starving, and eat much more than usual for dinner. This is an unsually large meal.)
    dinner: 1/2 lb of pasta (dry, who knows how many lbs it was cooked). Pasta sauce w/ boca meat crumbles and garlic. Four protein shakes (12oz each, w/ 10 g of protein each) + 3/4 of a large family salad (made of one can of gabanzo beans, one can of corn, 2 lemon's juice, lots of salt, lots of olive oil), 1 cup of vegan ice cream, 1 bowl of oat meal (made from two packets) + one apple. Then about 1/2 gallon of water until I fell asleep.

I ate a lot that night, and it felt great. I swam excellent this morning, I think in large part due to having enough calories to make it through a tough workout. I was recovering much faster than the rest of the guys in pool.

Now I'm hungry again, as my breakfast today was only two luna bars and two "builders" bars. I need some calories again. Oh well, I get to eat a HUGE lunch today. I can't wait.
    context is everything

Quote xrodolfox View Post

So please. Please. Can someone actually participating in this thread explain a few things? 1) Goals. 2) Plan 3) Philosophy of methodology

hi. this is the first time i'm posting on this thread, and i'm glad someone is interested in taking it back to its original purpose. i never made a post because when i first found it, it was all about what some people was eating and doing to burn cals each and every day, and in my opinion that is not a healthy approach, but an obssesive one.

but well, i'd like to post regularly and get some motivation to keep on my plan and reach my goals. so here it goes:

1)goals: i'd like to be more active and start training (don't know yet exactly what i wanna do, but i'd definitely be something like running, swimming or biking). i'd like to be more focused in my daily life (and think excersise and eating better should help a lot). i'd like to have more strenght, because i feel like i'm always tired, no matter what i do. in conclusion, i just wanna be healthier

2)plan: well, i want to star with a little excercise, like walking or jogging, most days of the week, but i do not know the best way to start (insert: help requiered!!). i also plan to eat better, because i'm sure this is one of the causes of my lack of energy (i've been eating anything -vegan-, but i haven't been paying attention at all to nutrients -macro or micro-.... sometimes i'm starving and just ate two hours before!). i don't want to lose nor to gain weight, but i'd like to get some muscles on , so i'm thinking about adding some kind of yoga thing too. oh! and i plan to be more organized with my schedule in order to have time for everything i plan to do.

3)philosophy: simple: i wanna feel good, be healthy and encourage more people to have a healthy lifestyle.

Well done xrodolfox! I am really impressed at your times! I swim too but I am nowhere near as fast as you!
    "Only after the last tree has been cut down,the last fish caught [and] the last river poisoned;only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Quote Marrers View Post
    But if we are now trying to get this thread back to focusing on encouragement and support why not post it in the What Did You Eat Today thread? That is where the rest of the forum is posting their details if you are interested in peoples nutrition.
    I've always felt supported and encouraged on this thread- though not really so much right now.
    People can be encouraged to be more healthy on here and it's easier to do this if they post their diet. It's a choice. Some prefer to and some don't.
    I'm not so interested in what everyone is eating every day, but in the people trying to meet their goals or eat healthier.
    I am also interested in feedback on my own exercise/diet regime so I bare it for all to see.
    This is where I prefer to do it as in other forums I may get criticism re my vegan diet, but here people understand.
    My goal is to reach my healthy weight range of 65kgs for health issues. To do this I need to exercise and eat healthier. That's where the 'fit and healthy' come in in relation to this thread.
    I don't think this thread was meant by Foxy to discount anyone who felt they could benefit here.
    Lots of people list their meals for the day. I don't think that means they belong in the 'what I ate today' thread if it's part of their goals, but if people think I should move my posts to another thread let me know.
    I would be reluctant as I don't feel that would assist me in my health goals.

Fair enough treehugga. Do you find encouragement simply from the listing of your achievements and seeing how you are keeping to your food plan or is it from what other people say or have done?
    (I understand the value of keeping a record but personally if I want to keep track of my food intake I find it better for me to use FitDay or keep my own list in a notebook.)

I just don't see why we can't say "I ate really healthily and on track with my plan / goal today" or "I had a bad day today, ate too much / too little" without going into the ins and outs of it. Then the thread is easier to read and there is no chance of 'triggering' anyone to feel competitive or like they are eating too much by comparison etc. But maybe I'm assuming and this isn't an issue for people anyway?

I feel that posting activity and exercise may be useful to all though.

What do others think?

Depending on the consensus I can continue to skip the list of food posts (as I always do anyway) or stop checking the thread if I decide it is not useful for me. I'm not one of the main users at the moment anyway so my view should not necessarily count for much.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

How about having two threads, ie

Let's get fit and healthy together - activity/exercise
    Lets get fit and healthy together - dietary intake

That way both food and exercise can be logged, albeit seperately, and those who prefer to focus on one aspect over the other can just read the ones they're interested in but those who wish to log their healthy food choices can still do so in an appropriate area rather than using the general 'what did you eat today' thread!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Wow. I had a great day yesterday.

I had the very very unusual chance to hit the pool twice in a day, and after doing 4 x 100yds on 1:10 interval repeats, later that day, after a HUGE and tasty lunch, I swam 5 X 200yds on 2:30 interval repeats. I wasn't even tired by the end! What fun! Looks like no pool time today, though.

I'm making up for it by eating 3/4 of a pint of Purely Decadent Vegan "Ice Cream" Cherry Nirvana flavor. Yummy...

context is everything

Good sperm

Oooh looks good!

On Tuesday, I did a new class which combined bits of tai chi, yoga and pilates, in the hope that it would be relaxing which it was. But two days later, I am still sore! Can't wait to go back on Saturday, though. I did a session in the gym yesterday and an aquafit class today which was great, as it helped those aches.

I've decided to get a review from one of the gym staff next week, so that should help focus my routine in the gym and prevent boredom setting in. Next month, I will meet with a personal trainer I know, to set out some goals besides the general losing weight, getting fitter thing - I want something a bit more focused, something specific to aim for... Any ideas? I have sore knees so running is out. And I can't swim either - though I love aquafit. It's not for lack of trying and I will go back to swimming classes later this year. It's just not a good time at the moment.

Food wise, I got my period so craving peanut butter-y stuff a lot - so I had some - and now I am happy! Not too fussed about my diet as I am more or less on top of that, I use a food diary which really helps.

As for this forum, I like Marrers idea of not getting focused on the details of what we eat/don't eat - but on the general progress we are or are not making, and offering more support to one another.

I really want to go to the gym but I don't think I can afford it. It's way too cold and icey outside to walk or do anything out there. And I live with my boyfriend's family and I really don't have much privacy to "work out" at home. I really need to exercise though. Not just to lose weight but just to feel healthier. I always feel healthier and prettier when I'm exercising on a regular basis.

I'm trying to eat healthier too but it's hard since I don't have much energy to cook healthy meals for myself AND my boyfriends mother is always cooking me yummy Indian foods. Who can say no to fried bread (puri) and chickpea and potato curry? Or homemade poppadoms (fried!) and a nice creamy spinach curry (she doesn't use dairy milk)? Seriously! Mmm mmm mmm. I can smell delicious curries being made in the kitchen right now. But I think I'm going to stick my plan of having a salad (with chickpeas) for lunch.

Anyway, here are my stats and goals:

Current weight: In the 180lbs-range, every scale says something different
    Short term goal weight #1: 160lbs
    Short term goal weight #2: 140lbs
    Final goal weight: 125lbs

I'm really really heavy right now. I quit Weight Watchers completely last year but I haven't been following their plan regularly for almost 2 years now. I was also put on anti-depressants that work fantastically in every way except the weight gain. It's ridic. I can't afford Weight Watchers at the moment, so I'm trying to lose weight by calorie counting (not working every day because I always stray). I'm also trying to remember what I ate when I was my thinnest (130's) and that included tons of leafy greens. I was going through a large head of kale every second day for myself only. I might start doing that again, just forcing myself to eat kale like how I did back then.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Hi Tigerlily,

your situation does make weight loss difficult but not impossible. I've got some suggestions, maybe one or two will be helpful.

Have you actually checked how much it would cost to join a gym? It might be as dear as you think, especially if you can get an off-peak membership. I use the local council's sports facilities, which are much cheaper (and more basic) than the commercial gyms. Are there similar places in Toronto?

Try to increase your exercise in general - walk up stairs, for instance. And it won't always be winter, so in a couple of months, walking will be more feasible. And you can always walk in indoor shopping malls!

About food, you could discuss it with your boyfriend's mother - maybe she could cook such delicious food which is lower in fat and healthier for everyone? Such as using brown rice and flour instead of white and less fried stuff. I know I would find it hard to resist all that lovely food being provided for me! Especially fried puri... sigh.

I'm on an anti-depressant as well, it makes me pretty sedated first thing, which interferes with exercise, but I've got a routine now which helps gets me started in the morning and exercise does help too. Another thing which helps is just to record what I am eating in a food diary, it makes me much more aware of what I am eating and when etc.

What was it about Weightwatchers which helped you before? The points system they use? The support? Can you do it without paying them? I don't know much about them apart from the Points system but I would rather spend the money on good food and the gym than give it to them! So if you can find a way to do it without joining that would be good.

It sounds like you are thinking through what's possible now and that's a good start. Good luck!

I haven't checked with the prices but I just know it will be very expensive. I don't know if there's anything like a local sports facility here, I'm still new to the city and I still don't know my way around yet or even how things work in Ontario.

I don't know if his mother would understand if I asked her to cook lower in fat food. Her English isn't very good and she didn't even understand what my soy cream cheese was when I brought it home. Plus she is overweight (more than me) and I would feel awkward telling her to cut down on the fried stuff and white rice. It would feel like I'm judging her cooking and making her feel like it's really unhealthy and fattening.

I really liked the Weight Watchers program because it kept on track knowing I had a plan. Just following calories on my own is really hard because it's ME who is making up my guidelines. When I was with WW, I was PAYING them to tell me what to do. It motivated me to work at it. Plus they give you materials and special journals for tracking Points, it makes it easier than trying to keep track on scrap paper.

I'm counting calories on SparkPeople and they recommend I get 1200-1500 calories a day but it's really hard because their site isn't very vegan-friendly (WW was suprisingly very easy as a vegan) and it's very US-centric with American calorie labelling, etc. Luckily it's free, though.

Luckily though, my meds don't make me sedated. They actually give me more energy. It's mainly a money issue thing with the trying to lose weight.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

sugarmouse

Thats a shame Tigerlily, because if her english was ok she could maybe be your slimming buddy!You never know she may fancy losing a bit herself!

How about investing in something like a punchbag or trampoline ?if you hunt around you can pick those up quite cheap.....

maybe we should have a weightwatchers thread specifically for those looking to lose weight? mods??

i'm not interested in losing weight, i just want to get more active - i think my diet is pretty good with plenty of f, v & raw. i just need encouragement with the exercise side of things.

i know of a u.s. based fat-free vegan forum which seems quite encouraging for weight watchers. if anyone wants a link just pm me.

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    It's mainly a money issue thing with the trying to lose weight.
    Our family is totally broke. Not broke like rich people who spend all their money, but like actual poor folk on federal assistance who spend all their money on bills like daycare and transportation and go to $23 dollars in our bank account for four people to last for the last ten days of every month.

So we've found ways to get access to working out and other things.

We get scholarships! Or we get assistance. At our YMCA, we pay 1/4 of the full membership price, and we get a full membership. At the city gyms, I began working as a coach, and thus my family can get in free. So we all work out together, and often.

Don't just let the money thing put you off. Go around the issue and apply for a scholarship or assistance and even though it's a lot of paperwork, once you get it done, you'll be on your way to working out on your own!
    context is everything

Good sperm

I am not watching my weight (I'm building muscle anyway) but I do measure myself every now and again and on the following regime I have lost a few inches even considering how fit I am already. I'm training for a half marathon in March and developing my running speed is my priority.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: run before breakfast. 30 mins of hill sprints or a hilly route.

Saturday: long run before breakfast, 11-14 miles

Two-three days a week, spaced out: 30 push ups, 20 crunches, 50 oblique sit-ups (elbow to knee)

Average day's food:

Porridge and blueberries
    Two apples
    Two sticks of celery and hummus
    Two pittas and hummus / four Ryvitas and hummus/ soup and Ryvita
    Banana
    One third of a cucumber and hummus
    Hot chocolate
    Two to three cups of Rooibos
    Choc soy shake (500ml)
    Three bean chilli with rice and 3 tortilla wraps

Water throughout the day, around 2L

I eat little and often, I eat when I'm hungry and I feel full of energy, healthy and alive

No starving required.

Quote absentmindedfan View Post
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday: run before breakfast. 30 mins of hill sprints or a hilly route.

Saturday: long run before breakfast, 11-14 miles

for those who exercise before breakfast, where does the energy come from for that type of mileage first thing, drinks? juice?? banana???

Good sperm

Quote cedarblue View Post
    for those who exercise before breakfast, where does the energy come from for that type of mileage first thing, drinks? juice?? banana???
    Glycogen stores in my muscle from what I've eaten the day before (why rest days are so important - they allow this energy to be stored), half a pint of orange squash about 15 mins before I go out and...that's it.

Glycogen stores in my muscle from what I've eaten the day before (why rest days are so important - they allow this energy to be stored), half a pint of orange squash about 15 mins before I go out and...that's it.
    Agreed. I sometimes have half a cereal bar or banana 30 mins beforehand - it depends on how hungry I feel! I have a similar exercise regime to you absentmindedfan! I usually do:

Monday - rest day
    Tuesday - 4-6 miles run sprint/hill training
    Wednesday - swimming distance/sprint training
    Thursday - as Tuesday but whatever I didn't do
    Friday - rest day
    Saturday - distance run 10+ miles
    Sunday - gym work including cycling/cross trainer/weights/sit ups etc

I am doing more running at the moment as I too have a half marathon in March but otherwise I would be substituting one of the running sessions for another swimming session. I am thinking about joining the gym swimming club after March - or at least going along to see what it is like.

How is your half marathon training going?
    "Only after the last tree has been cut down,the last fish caught [and] the last river poisoned;only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Good sperm

Quote Holly78 View Post
    How is your half marathon training going?
    Good! I'm running 13.2 miles tomorrow then I've got two weeks to taper. I'll be running 6 - 8 miles at a faster pace on the Saturdays, and will do all speedwork in the week.

That's awesome!
    context is everything

Good sperm

I am starting a running plan this week to train to do the race for life in May (5k) with my friend. Our goal is to be able to do the London marathon in 2011, fingers crossed!! Can't run for more than 5 mins at the moment tho, so unfit!
    "We ourselves may be loved only for a brief time...Even so, that will suffice...There is a land for the living and there is a land for the dead"

Well, it's awesome you guys are training for both half and full marathons! I so wish I was allowed to run, I've always wanted to do a marathon.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

This is kinda directed to xrodolfox as he seems to be the big swimmer around here but if anyone else could help I'd be glad.
    I just went back to the swimming pool to do some training on my own after ~1,5 years away and I feel tired and that I can't keep a decent style (i.e. my arms go all over the place, my chest is always fully horizontal etc.) after 500m non-stop or so. Should I do a little catch-up and overlapping to improve my technique before improving the distance where I actually swim unrestricted?
    Thanks for your help.
    "We gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go."

Quote Marrers View Post
    Fair enough treehugga. Do you find encouragement simply from the listing of your achievements and seeing how you are keeping to your food plan or is it from what other people say or have done?
    (I understand the value of keeping a record but personally if I want to keep track of my food intake I find it better for me to use FitDay or keep my own list in a notebook.)

I just don't see why we can't say "I ate really healthily and on track with my plan / goal today" or "I had a bad day today, ate too much / too little" without going into the ins and outs of it. Then the thread is easier to read and there is no chance of 'triggering' anyone to feel competitive or like they are eating too much by comparison etc. But maybe I'm assuming and this isn't an issue for people anyway?

I feel that posting activity and exercise may be useful to all though.

What do others think?

Depending on the consensus I can continue to skip the list of food posts (as I always do anyway) or stop checking the thread if I decide it is not useful for me. I'm not one of the main users at the moment anyway so my view should not necessarily count for much.
    If I just wanted to keep track of my own food intake I would just write it down in a note book. On here I find it helps keep me more accountable. I haven't found anyone to be competitive, but I have noticed those who appear to have obvious food groups lacking from their diet, often get these issues addressed by others and with encouragment -not criticism, make changes for the better, which may not otherwise occure.
    Diet is part of being healthy. Good food intake, plus regular exercise =good health. If people are regularly posting unhealthy food practices then it can be addressed with them either on here or via PM.

Quote Poison Ivy View Post
    How about having two threads, ie

Let's get fit and healthy together - activity/exercise
    Lets get fit and healthy together - dietary intake

That way both food and exercise can be logged, albeit seperately, and those who prefer to focus on one aspect over the other can just read the ones they're interested in but those who wish to log their healthy food choices can still do so in an appropriate area rather than using the general 'what did you eat today' thread!
    I like to combine both together as they are a combined effort rather than seperate goals. I don't really want to have to go to seperate threads. Not lazy just usually very pressed for time!
    The initial thread focused on goals, diet/nutrition intake and exercise (see pg 1) which is what I've always based my pages on.

TODAY

EXERCISE
    GOAL - to be fit enough to get through my operation with a speedy recovery in a few months time.

1 hour Body Combat

NUTRITION/DIET

GOAL- to attempt 6 smaller meals per day including at least 3 of fruit, 4-6 veg, 2 good sources protein and some wholegrain carbs.

So far today have manged most of this:

spelt pancake
    plum, frozen grapes, berries in soy smoothie
    mixed veg on bruschetta
    spinach pie and mixed salad with nuts and tofu.

cvC

Quote Anik View Post
    S: diet coke
    You've mentioned diet coke in a number of posts and may like to know that aspartame, the artificial sweetener in it, was once listed by the Pentagon as a biochemical warfare agent.

Quote Anik View Post
    My skins always been kinda bad, I'm on the pill for you skin as well & although it has improved, its still not as peachy as I want it. I guess time will tell. Btw, is there a thread on here somewhere about Acne?
    I wondered if aspartame could have something to do with the acne and here are a couple of things I found on a search:

It took me ten years to realize aspartame gave me cystic acne. I drank several+ diet cokes every day and that did it. If I so much as have one serving of aspartame today I will get a hard bump in a couple days.
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...559169524.html

Acne is one of the known side effects of artificial sweeteners- along with MS, Lupus, fibromyalgia and a variety of other auto immune diseases being traced to the use of artificial sweeteners.
    http://www.commonconnections.com/hea...late&acne.html

Also, I don't know what kind of toothpaste you use (if you use any), but understand that fluoride is put into the public water supply in Sydney and here's something that might encourage you to minimise your exposure to that if you don't already:

Of approximately 65 patients with treatment-refractory acne-like perioral dermatitis, all had been using toothpaste containing fluoride. When these patients were switched to non-fluoridated toothpaste, about half had a clearance of their lesions within two to four weeks. The non-responders then switched from their present toothpaste, which contained brightening and flavoring agents and other unknown chemicals, to baking soda and a commercially available mouthwash after brushing. Nearly all of these patients had almost complete clearing of their lesions. Patients who resumed fluoride toothpaste invariably developed a recurrence of the dermatitis.
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n13795278

Quote fresquinho View Post
    This is kinda directed to xrodolfox as he seems to be the big swimmer around here but if anyone else could help I'd be glad.
    I just went back to the swimming pool to do some training on my own after ~1,5 years away and I feel tired and that I can't keep a decent style (i.e. my arms go all over the place, my chest is always fully horizontal etc.) after 500m non-stop or so. Should I do a little catch-up and overlapping to improve my technique before improving the distance where I actually swim unrestricted?
    Thanks for your help.
    I wrote about this to another member in a PM. Perhaps we can talk there?

Regardless, the short answer is: hire a *good* swim coach/instructor for a few cheap/short-term sessions. Since swimming is 90% technique, this will help you swim better, and eventually get more of the benefits from the sport. The worse your technique, not only do you not swim as efficiently, but you also reap very little of the potential benefits.

If you want more info, PM me! Let's not derail the thread.
    context is everything

Good! I'm running 13.2 miles tomorrow then I've got two weeks to taper. I'll be running 6 - 8 miles at a faster pace on the Saturdays, and will do all speedwork in the week.
    Fab! You will have to say how you get on...

I am extremely inactive at present and want to raise my stamina and general fitness levels (I'm getting older and need to start taking a bit of care if I am to have any chance of an illness free life).
    I have bought a trampoline as I think this might be one form of exercise I could enjoy and stick with. I plan to try using it every day and to gradually build up my time on it. I was on it for the first time today but probably only for about 2-3 minutes.

I'd also like to eat better and stop over-eating, so continuing to lose weight and improve my health.
    So far I am sporadically recording my food intake and trying to buy and eat more fresh vegetables and have a banana every day (I don't really like fruit).
    I'm also taking several supplements which is something I have never done seriously or consistently before.

I have just done 200 jumps on the trampoline. Might try to do this twice a day (in the morning before washing and the evening before bed - it makes me quite sweaty!) and gradually add more jumps as my stamina improves.

Hi Marrers, you've reminded me that I have a little trampoline hidden in the spare room - must have a go - I used to do it a lot but never managed 200 jumps! But I can aim for it.
    Recording what you eat is great for making you conscious of what you eat and why, so you are off to a good start!

Marrers, you might want to do your jumps before supper rather than before bed, as it can make it hard to fall asleep if you exercise before bed. You can do it! Keep up the good work!

I thought it might make me tired! I will try both and see which works best. Thanks.

Been away for a few days so not able to do any trampoline jumping since Wednesday. Have done 220 jumps today, still hoping to do this twice a day on some days at least but haven't yet had a chance to do any evening jumping.

Oh my goodness.
    I just did a swim race this weekend. My endorphins are still riding high.
    context is everything

240 jumps today - exhausting.

Only 150 jumps this morning because I'm going out today (didn't want to get my hair all sweaty and have to wash it).

animaladvocate

Quote Marrers View Post
    Only 150 jumps this morning because I'm going out today (didn't want to get my hair all sweaty and have to wash it).
    If you spend 20 minutes 3 times a day before each meal on your trampette doing a jogging motion this will boost your matabolism and if you "jog" to music you will love it!

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. Even doing 240 jumps doesn't take long, less than 10 minutes so it is not close enough to the recommended 20 minutes of exercise to keep healthy.

I try to hit my bottom with my heels on each jump and do a bit of arm movement but I keep meaning to look up what else I can do on it. (I'm too hung over to go on it at all this morning. )

Quote Marrers View Post
    I try to hit my bottom with my heels on each jump and do a bit of arm movement
    can you video that and post it on youtube?

The scales said 12.02 this morning so I've lost about a stone and a half now.
    Even so the jumping is not a pretty sight at present (think of bingo wings and spare types rippling in a g-force manner) . . . so youtube will have to wait til I've lost a bit more weight! !

well done on the weight loss!

Well done Marrers

I have been trying to do more exercise. Yesterday i did 25 mins on the stepper, 100 crunches and some tricep dips, was going to do more floor work but was to knackered.

Only managed 150 jumps this morning because the trampoline was making such a noise every time - I think it is because it was quite wet. I was too embarrassed to carry on even though I had the energy today cos it was bringing the neighbours to their windows to investigate, despite the fact the road is being dug up at the front! Can't imagine I'll have the nerve to do that again on a quiet day but drying it would take every towel in the house I think - I did try. It was also freezing my feet too.

That's awesome that you are still jumping regularly!
    Try again tomorrow! That's sounds like an awesome regimen for you.
    context is everything

I'm doing it every day and I'm really pleased with myself, I've never really liked doing any exercise til now. On Sunday I went on 3 times and clocked up about 300 jumps all together. Today the weather was awful but I managed to do 100 jumps before getting too drenched!
    Lately almost every time I leave the house to have a go it starts to rain!

Yet again after noticing it is dry out there as soon as I get to the door it starts to rain, it's getting beyond a joke.

Today I did 200 jumps earlier and another 200 just now - both before the rain got too heavy. Otherwise I could have done more. I think I'm getting addicted - if it didn't make me sweat I'd be out there many times a day!

Can't do much more than 100 jumps without a brief rest though.