Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

I'm quite convinced that getting fit has much more to do with excercise and the type of exercise than the food we eat. But that's just my experience and bias...
    context is everything

Maybe fit...

But healthy you need good food! You won't be too healthy if you live on crap like biscuits and cakes all day or whatever!

And it is hard to be fit if your malnourished.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

yes but its called the fit AND healthy thread. healthy = healthy eating. thats why when people post here, they talk about what exercise they did and what food they ate, so they can be fit and healthy.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Good sperm

12.2 miles today (furthest yet) in 2hrs 10 mins

good for you amf!

im sitting here feeling really depressed about myself. i cant eat and i cant exercise so im just doomed to never lose weight. sigh.

sugarmouse

Yesterday I ate healthy, soup and stir fried brocolli and low fat nibbles, no excersise though.
    Today I ran round the park (YAY! I can do it)
    Ate a plate of roast vegetables and veggimince, salad with one cal spray dressing and a small cup of soup

good for you sugarmouse! hows your weight loss coming along? you seem to be doing a lot of exercise.

today i ate healthy, and i ate healthy yesterday, and ive been making myself eat more. its so hard but im trying. im trying to take amf's advice. i am completely overly stuffed and am hoping i dont throw it up. come on tina, you can do it! lol yes im talking to myself.

Monthly start weigh-in:

October - 13 stone 8lbs

September 13 stone 12lbs
    August - 13 stone 10lbs
    July - 13 stone 8lbs
    June - 13 stone 10lbs
    May - 13 stone 11lbs
    April - 13 stone 10lbs
    March - 14 stone
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

i took my vega. ive been getting all my protein for a long while now. im excited about gaining muscle. and im excited because my face isnt round anymore. ive got cheekbones, and definition in my face! well its still a round shape cause thats the shape of my face, but you know what i mean.

good job frank!

i just found out that the last time i ate chips was september 13th. yay!! i havent eaten chips for 17 days! it takes 26 days to develop a habit doesnt it? maybe ill develop a habit of not eating chips lol. oh, and i ate baked lays yesterday, but those arent the full fat crap chips im talking about being off of.

Well let's hope it carries on reducing over the forthcoming months!

Fingers crossed too
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

I'm eating organic avocado I consider that healthy! It is an avocado, cucumber and mayonnaise sandwich! lol Cucumber isn't organic though. Or the cob...or the mayonnaise, but it does have added omega 3. lol

Haven't exercised properly for days and days, I need to go swimming once my cold has gone.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

it doesnt have to be organic to be healthy witchy. we cant all afford organic! i sure cant LOL.

Oh I know! But I'm trying to go all organic to see if anything different happens. lol Like if I feel "better" without the chemicals!

I actually go without other stuff to have organic. lol

id love to do that! i bet youll notice a difference. i remember i did when i changed to all organic. i felt a lot "cleaner" if that makes sense.

I haven't found an organic bread type thing though.

I think i'll just cut out all (gluten free) bread type products forever!

sugarmouse

Well done everyone, Tina thankies for that My weight loss has slowed a little now but I am really enjoying my new shape.
    I ate healthy ish yesterday, veg soup, crispbreads, loads of salad and veggies.
    Today I will try to aswell, and I will run for half hour today on the treadmill too after work.
    The only organic things I buy are red cabbage, and root vegetables. I really notice the difference with those.

i am disappointed in myself because i didnt eat enough yesterday. it makes me sad because ive been trying really hard. so i am hoping that i can eat enough today.

sugarmouse

One day at a time, Foxyone xx

Today, I ran at the gym but I do not know how long for ! I had done 13 minutes, then a bit more then the dog jumped on the treadmill (she does this often) so I did the emergency stop button, worried in case shed hurt herslef of knock me off lol
    I did another 7 mins after that, but I dont know how long I did before that and after the Tasha came on the treadmill lol.
    I have eaten salad, soup , mushrooms in soy sauce 'gravy' stuff...lots but all low calorie.

be careful sugar, your hair is going to start falling out, nails will get brittle as shit, your skin and nails will lose their shine and look dull and sickly, and your skin will get dry and flaky and you will bloated all over, especially your belly, if you get protein deficient. i swear to fuck, being protein deficient is the worst thing in the world cause you look like shit and you feel fat from being bloated and you gain like ten pounds of water. it sucks. i still have flakes on my jaw and am still trying to grow my hair back. ugh it takes so long to recover from.

but remember, eating protein is good for weight loss too. it helps bloating and gives you more energy. also, protein keeps you fuller longer, so its actually easier to diet on protein than it is on veggies. (well obviously whole grains and veggies are good too but you know what i mean) after eating protein, your body takes longer to break it down and so you stay fuller for a lot longer and therefor dont need to eat as much!

*hugs*

not trying to be annoying by the way although i probably am being annoying lol.

today i feel bloated from eating too much sodium on my salads. argh. and i need to get more protein because its making me really puffy also. sigh. im not sure what ill have for dinner tonight yet.

i went for a jog yesterday so thats good, then i came home and ate a big bag of chips hehe

Good sperm

Quote foxytina_69 View Post
    be careful sugar, your hair is going to start falling out, nails will get brittle as shit, your skin and nails will lose their shine and look dull and sickly, and your skin will get dry and flaky and you will bloated all over, especially your belly, if you get protein deficient. i swear to fuck, being protein deficient is the worst thing in the world cause you look like shit and you feel fat from being bloated and you gain like ten pounds of water. it sucks. i still have flakes on my jaw and am still trying to grow my hair back. ugh it takes so long to recover from.

but remember, eating protein is good for weight loss too. it helps bloating and gives you more energy. also, protein keeps you fuller longer, so its actually easier to diet on protein than it is on veggies. (well obviously whole grains and veggies are good too but you know what i mean) after eating protein, your body takes longer to break it down and so you stay fuller for a lot longer and therefor dont need to eat as much!
    Word.

sugarmouse

You arent annoying Tina... my anorexic years are still firmly stuck in my mind.
    I wasnt going to run today, but in town i weighed myself and got uupset so tonight i did 8 mins on the X trainer and 17 on the treadmill at 8 km per hour..felt good afterwards...ate ok today,but nt as healthy 3 small apples,2 popadums (50 cals) cappucino with soy milk and 2 sugars,bowl of brocolli steamed with soy sauce and veg stock,bowl of salad greens..will probably have some soup later

its okay sweetie, noones saying that they arent stuck in your mind, just try to remember, you lose more weight eating more protein than you do just veggies.

good for you for having some soy milk dont feel bad about your weight. youve probably gained muscle, because youve been running so much, like you said, you like your new shape, which means you have lost weight.

keep drinking that soy milk sweetums *hugs*

im upset becase yesterday i didnt get to eat much. im surprised because usually i dont care, but lately im trying really really hard to get enough food. when i dont the first thing that pops into my mind is "oh no, my metabolism! its okay body, im not starving you, i promise ill eat when i can!" lol its funny.

so yesterday and the day before i ate barely anything. i guess ive got one of those nasty flus that makes your appetite crap and you feel like vomitig everytime you think abot food.

i was so sad because steev made me a big dinner and i was so excited to eat it.

right now im having some thai soup but i am stuffed already. i hate that cause i really like to eat lol.

sorry that my typing is so crap. im really shaky from the nebulizer and i always miss letters and things when im typing afterwards and just dont care to go back and fix it all.

im excited because its cold out, and that means weve got all the delicious root veggies out now. god i wish i could go to the grocery store and see all of the yummy food out.

hope everyones doing okay.

i went for a little jog yesterday, it was good fun, didnt go far though.

sugarmouse

Its a great feeling I think to jog clawsy
    How do you feel today Foxtee?
    I have eaten a lot more substantially today..I felt poorly today and thought id best nourish myuself! I have eaten three small apples , some low fat crisps,a small portion of noodles,half a small avacado, handful black olives and a bowl of stir fry veggies with low fat sauce and kidney beans. Healthy ish at least, I dont want to try to guess the calories though!
    No excersise either, I drove to work and back and giving running a miss. Too sleepy!

LOL foxtee. i should change my name to that.

i feel okay sug thanks for asking. how do you feel?

i had a weird dream about egypt (my two favorite places in the world, egypt and africa!) and now i am wanting sloppy joe sandwiches.

good job on the jog clawsy!

I am now, sort of, back to health, so exercise starts again tomorrow! Need to be super fit for future career after all!

broccoli UK
    bunched carrots UK
    mushrooms UK
    pak choi UK
    sweetcorn UK
    potatoes UK

^^ My vegetables for next week...ooo...sweetcorn...but what the toss is pak choi? lol *looks it up*

Again I am getting bananas, apples and pears for the fruit.

I want to eat super healthy as I'm going on holiday in two weeks and it will be 5 days of starvation more than likely...or living off raw fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds! lol I'll take my multi vitamin anyway...I guess people do live raw though, so I doubt I'll die!

pavotrouge

pak choi/bok choi is one of my most favourite veggies ever. I mainly use it in stir-fries and thai-style curries.

It's also good with a vinaigrette... hell, it's good with everything. didn't know it was grown in the UK, tho.

oh i didnt know bok choi was the same as pak choi. bok choi is AWESOME. it goes awesome in any kind of asian dish like a stirfry or just stirfried greens with bok choi in a teriyaki sauce or something. mmmm bok choi.

Yay. lol I don't want to waste anything else. I wasted the chard stuff.

sugarmouse

I havent been healthy today at all, or yesterday! I decided to eatnormally yesterday because I had a night out planned,and i didnt want to make myself sick or get drunk after one glass lol

but I was sick anyways...I felt kinda happy to lose some calories though.
    I have been gentle with myself today, just soem stretching excersises and eaten lots of soup, salad and some noodles

pavotrouge

bok choy and pak choi are actually the same... I read "pak choi" more often in Germany, "bok choy" seems to be the englified version.

Good sperm

Quote sugarmouse View Post

I have been gentle with myself today, just soem stretching excersises and eaten lots of soup, salad and some noodles
    This is ringing alarms bells with me. Please try and look after yourself sugarmouse we all care about you xx

This week I've felt really tired. I think it's a combination of it being my pre-period feeling tired week as my body prepares for coming on and the stress of starting work and commuting and stuff.
    I ran 4 miles Monday, 3 Tuesday and Thursday morning and 6 today. Not quite my usual mileage but I thought it was wise to have an easy week.

Pilaf

Quote sugarmouse View Post
    I havent been healthy today at all, or yesterday! I decided to eatnormally yesterday because I had a night out planned,and i didnt want to make myself sick or get drunk after one glass lol

That worries me, a lot... you also lost nutrients when you threw up. Being sick is not a good thing, and besides, look at you! You really think you need to lose that much weight? You're very attractive.

sugarmouse

Thankyou, pilaf.. I reallywant to lose alot more weight though.. I dont feel attractive in the slightest at the moment.
    I think it was just too much alcohol and tiredness combined that made me sickly, AMF, dont worry about me I am fine xx

I had an early night last night, today ate some crispbreads and popadums,had a nap then ran for about 32 mins at the gym at 8km perhour... I felt good after that, have eaten a cup of soup, some coleslaw mix without the dressing and am making steamed brocoli. I am freeezin need some nice warm food lol

I've wanted to quit smoking for a while..but I also wanted to keep doing it. I never had a really really good reason to quit. I prayed for one and remembered that my mom had a heart attack and 36 and a stroke at 40, and her mom had a stroke at 36. I looked up how you get a stroke and cigarettes was the first thing, followed by fried foods. So I quit both Goodbye vegan general tso's and goodbye camel joes.
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

sugarmouse

Sunday and yesterday I worked and slept and didnt do any exercise but ate healthily...Today I am going to have a nap then go to the gym later.I did some weights for myarms yesterday so I guess that counts for soemthing.
    How did you quit Haniska?Ay method or just cold tofurkey?

i spent all weekend and today eating too much because of thanksgiving and steevs birthday. ugh i need to do a juice cleanse to get all this freakin sodium and gluten out of me.

sugarmouse

At leas you are eating tina!
    Today I ran on the treadmill,only 26mins but I am aiming to increase myspeed then gradually work up to 35 mins again...I did increase myspeed so am happy!
    I also walked to work (20 mins ish) andback which i did in 15 mins cos i walked v fast...
    I havent eaten much today yet. had a cappucino wi soy milk,3 popadums done in microwave so no fat, 3 small apples. I m not sure what to make for dinner.

Sugarmouse i understand what it is like to hate your body and not feel attractive but you eat a very small amount for someone so active. Cutting down your eating so much is going to make you ill and you will have no energy to do exercise. Please try and eat a bit more each day.

I went for a run today, well a jog, i cant run fast at all. but it was good, would have liked to have gone further but i can't do it, ooh its too much for me to run for ages.
    Still a jog took like 20 mins or a bit more at least and some walking too. I ate a lot today which is good, i hate diets, they are crap.

sugarmouse

Quote puffin View Post
    Sugarmouse i understand what it is like to hate your body and not feel attractive but you eat a very small amount for someone so active. Cutting down your eating so much is going to make you ill and you will have no energy to do exercise. Please try and eat a bit more each day.

I have eaten more since then Puffin that was when I had only just got home.
    I have since had a salad, a cup of veg soup, 2 chunks of sweet potato and a bowl of steamed broccoli.
    I am not so active, my job is very sedatory and on days I dont run I am very lazy typically. I sleep a lot because my anti depressants knock me out so much!

I've been feeling really run down and tired all the time, ever since I got that cold. I was eating really crappily there for a while because basically I just didn't have the mental or physical energy to be bothered with cooking.

I'm trying to increase my veggie intake especially now, and hope that after my vacation I'll be all vibrant and full of energy again.

sugarmouse

Last night I did make a little stir fry, then had half a pint of cider, then fell fast asleep!

Today I have had 3 huge bowls of salad with a bit of low fat salad cream dressing...two crispbreads with purespread..some 130 cal soup.No excersise apart from a bit of arm dumb bells.I got my hair done today that was healthy psychologically lol

Good sperm

I ran 3 miles before work Monday-Thursday this week. I planned to do a long one this morning but my period was so heavy when I woke up that I knew being out for 2.5 hours wasn't going to be practical. So I did a fast 6 miler in around 50-55 mins

sugarmouse

I was a bit like that today AMF. I only did 15 mins i guess better than nothing though?

Good sperm

Yup

I've not done much exercise except walking real fast and climbing up stairs as I've heard the top of my back/shoulders.