Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Quote wmenke View Post
    Ok, so lately (about the last month, month and half, or so) I have had the absolute worse gas, along with other stomache issues, pains, cramping, bloating, diarehea about an hour after eating meals. It's getting out of control to the point that I'm almost scared to eat anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's not after every meal, but at least once a day. I can't seem to pin point what foods are making me feel this way. It doesn't seem to be beans so much like I thought that it might. Does anyone have any insights/suggestions?

i've been having the same issues as well for the past couple of weeks. not necessarily after every meal, but a good portion of the time. I was thinking maybe a gluten intolerance, but it seems to happen even after foods that aren't made of wheat.

Veggiejess, just to let you know, gluten is in more foods than just wheat. It's also in oats, rye, barley, kamut....

This site has some info http://www.celiac.ca/EnglishCCA/egfdiet2.html#avoid
    Peace, love, and happiness.

pavotrouge

It might also be that you're a little stressed out, wmenke? I've got a very sensitive stomach when it comes to being overworked/excited/emotionally upside-down in any way.

I've had a time myself last year when I had bad cramps etc. all the time, that was actually the final reason to go vegan, but I guess that doesn't help you?

I stayed home today because my lymph nodes are totally swollen (at least I'm finally PROPERLY sick)...yesterday I first thought it was a toothache... gotta be fit tomorrow, because I'm invited to a big Halloween party and people are expecting mit to cosplay + my coworkers will kill me if I stay home as Xmas season has started...

Apart from that, I've been doing fine the last days, no running because I sprained my ankle as my street is a complete building site at the mo, but regular yoga practise.

Wmenke, are you feeling very stressed, all through my last year at high school I was like this, I was told i have a wheat sensitivity, but mostly all they could label it as was IBS. try and keep a diary of what your eating and when these symptoms occur, and perhaps you will find a correlation? For me food like, nuts, dairy, exessive soy, starchy foods like bread, and diet pop (probably regular aswell but i ddon't drink it) tended to upset my tummy. Good LUck

Nothing new, but I have been eating a lot more junk food than normal. It's not after every meal, but at least once a day. I can honestly say that I'm not stressed out. This is the first time in a long time that I'm actually at ease! I started keeping a journal of what I am eating, so maybe something will jump out.

I took advantage of the time change and didn't set my clocks back, so I got up an hour early today and ran 2 miles. I think I'm going to go back to the gym this evening and lift some weights too.

Breakfast: Raisin Bran and 1/2 c soy milk, 2 mugs of green tea

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Salad (just different types of lettuce and some red rine spritzer..kind of boring), vanilla silk yogart, handful of blueberries

Snack: Package of oatmeal made with water

Dinner: Is going to be a lot of stir-fry(brocolli, scallions, carrots, pea pods, & tofu)

pavotrouge

I finally went to the doctor today because the right side of my face (jawbone, ear, teary eyes) has been weird for almost a week now... I suspected it was from the teeth, but my teeth are perfect (the doctor was like O.O "Wow, such pretty teeth!" for at least five minutes ).

Anyway, finally he prescribed me antibiotics, because I also had a temperature... no Halloween party tonight

At least I cooked something REALLY yummy (will post the recipe later) and am looking forward to spend the night on my new Japanese futon matress

How are y'all doing?

Another trip to the gym at 5am this morning. I ran 2 miles(18min), did the stair climber for 5 minutes, and worked on abs for 10 min.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with 1/2 c. mixed fruit, mug of green tea

Lunch: Salad with red wine spritzer, Silk soy yogart cup, 1/4c. blueberries

Snack: Nature valley fruit crisps...cinnamon apple

Dinner: red beans and rice

Breakfast: cereal with walnuts and vanilla soymilk

Snack: half a bagel with organic peanut butter

Dinner: small spinach, carrot and tomatoe salad with olive oil and vinegar
    cheeseless spinach and mushroom pizza
    a banana

I'm INSANELY craving fruit right now. I have a small apple in the fridge I'm saving for later but I'd kill for some melon and berries!

Yogini

Hi Annie from Connecticut. I also live in Connecticut and my closest friends call me Annie. I sure hope I'm not sleep-computing or something.

I haven't checked in for a bit. My electricity was out all day Sunday and Monday, so I not only had no computer, but also no stove and most of my produce went bad without refrigeration. It cost me nearly $60 to replace everything that died (this included my raw tahini and a bottle of probiotic supplement.) And I spent lots eating out. And I didn't eat very good stuff. Nor did I exercise (daylight saving started on Sunday and I just didn't want to exercise in the dark.)

Today I'm sort of back on track, but since it's Halloween and I'm thrilled to have my stove back, I have a special dinner planned that not's exactly lo-cal (udon noodles with tofu, peanuts, and pomegrante seeds.)

I did just put in 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, though.

Hey Yogini That's cool you live in CT too! I'm actually in Virginia at the moment for school but I go back home to CT during vacations. That sucks about your power going out...the only good thing about that when I was younger was my mom let us eat all the junk food that could go bad

wmenke, i hope you start to feel better soon. you seem to be eating really well in the past couple of days so hopefully your tummy problems clear up! your workout today sounds great!

pavotrouge, thats funny about your doctor saying that about your teeth i hope the antibiotics start to help soon, and your new bed sounds fab!!! sweet dreams!

annie, i know what you mean. sometimes i just get such bad cravings for things. thats great your craving is for healthy food though!

yogini, that sucks about your electricity! thank god everythings back to normal, jeez!

today i didnt work out. i spent all day doing halloween stuff

but thats okay. there are more days to this week. ive been trying to workout 3 times a week at the least, 4 would be great and 5 i would be thrilled with.

my asthma is also doing great. my peakflows three times now have been up past 600. (a peak flow is to measure your oxygen) this naturopath thing is really paying off. ive never blown that high before and im off some of the original meds i was on. my peakflows used to be 450! so thats definitely a healthy part of me, since this thread is all about getting fit and/or healthy!

i think all the working out has helped my lungs. still havent lost any pounds yet though. argh! but i think it was all the chips i was eating. im not eating too many chips now. i had a few yesterday and a few today but the caloric amount of that wouldnt do anything to my weight since i work around it. hopefully i start to see a change.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Foxytina- I'm glad that you're asthma is doing better. Obviously your body has noticed that you're eating well and working out!

My stomach has been better these last couple of days. I guess I was just eating junk that I didn't need.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and green tea

Lunch: Salad with red wine spritzer, Silk soy yogart, and handful of blueberries

Snack: A few almonds and oatmeal

Dinner: pizza with green & red peppers, jalapenos, and pinapple

Snack: I'll probably have something...I've been really hungry today

Exercise
    I ran 2 miles, and fastly walked 1 mile on a huge incline

TODAY

DIET
    bowl high fibre cereal with berrries
    cantloupe, strawberries and handful walnuts
    3 pieces vegan mushroom pizza
    hommous dip and 8 rice crackers
    mixed veggie curry with jasmine rice
    1 chapati

might have a banana smoothie for dessert - not sure yet!

EXERCISE
    1 hour Body Jam

TARGET WEIGHT
    70 kgs by the weekend

thanks wmenke im glad your stomach is feeling better

your days both sound healthy wmenke and treehugga! good job!

today i did a 20 minute interval workout on the exercise bike. (its technically still thursday for me)

its been 5 weeks since i started exercising more. my clothes feel looser and fit better, but still not as much as id like them to. and my weight hasnt changed much except the occasional gain or loss of a pound. but im pretty sure its due to gaining muscle, because my bodys looking a little smaller. steev said so anyhow, so im not sure why the scale hasnt dropped. but again, the scale isnt always accurate with regards to your fitness.

HINTS FOR ALL THOSE SUFFERING GAS FROM THE GAS QUEEN

BAD
    Grain with protein =gas
    fruit with vegetables=gas
    fruit with protien =gas
    fruit with grain=gas

GOOD
    Fruit alone=no gas, proper digestion
    grain with vegetables=no gas
    pasta with vegetables=no gas
    beans with vegetables=nogas
    pulses/beans and grains=no gas

Dr Gillian McKeith - Dr of nutrition.

Also lying or sitting after food can trap gas. Have a walk for 10 mins after eating.

Any foods which are acidic will cause gas including: sugar, fruit and high GI carbs.

TODAY

Disappointment due to no additional weight loss despite trying really hard, still 71.4 kilo's, but as Martin said - at least I didn't gain any.

I spoke to a friend who is a qualified personal trainer and he said I need to do about 2 workouts most days to lose my last bit of weight. So I'm now doing 2 hours at least 5 days a week and something on the other 2 usually weights and a walk. Still on 5 smaller meals a day most days.

DIET
    bowl high fibre cereal with berries
    2 slices rye sourdough bread toasted with mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach
    orange
    small bowl pasta with walnuts, spinach, chilli, garlic
    protein shake

EXERCISE
    1 hour Body Combat freestyle am
    1 hour walk/jog alternating pm.

(I shuffle rather than jog. It's hysterical! For all you aussies I look like Cliff Young! ).

SUPPLIMENTS
    B Complex
    Magnesium
    Flower remedies

mango woman

Does anyone know if there are certain foods that will help rid the body of fat or anything impossibly convenient like that?

pavotrouge

In another forum they suggested to drink water with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning to get things going.

A friend of mine lost almost 20 pounds by switching to a vegan diet mainly based on pasta - but she was a junkfood omnivore before, guess that doesn't count.

My opionion is that excercise is the only healthy way to lose body fat, but can be supported by a diet...I could imagine going raw would help but I don't know much about a raw diet...

I've eaten pretty good troughout the week and will start excercising again tomorrow since this is my last day on antibiotics ^ ^

Treehugga can you tell me what exactly body combat is? It sounds fun but I can neither find a translation nor have I heard it before.

Foxytina, if you're excercising on a regular base it doesn't have to mean you lose weight because muscles are heavier than fat...and what counts most is the way you feel!

I'm happy to report that I dragged myself to the gym today even though I really didn't wanna do anything today.

Gluten update!

I've been attempting a gluten-free diet as much as possible for about 2 weeks now. I fell off the wagon a couple of times; once with croutons, once with bread with my falafel, once with bread at a party with limited vegan food, and today. Today=bad Tigerlily. I find once I start eating gluten, I can't stop myself....I think it's worse than a sugar addiction.

Today started off good. I decided to have half a can of tomato soup (contained wheat flour). Okay, not too bad. Then I got a huge craving for crackers and all we had were gluten containing crackers. Later in the evening, I had the rest of the soup and more crackers. Right now, I just had some pita bread. I have some slight intestinal cramps. The odd sharp pain every now and then. My stomach is pretty bloated too and I just feel 'uncomfortable'. But soda crackers and pita bread are so good. Tomorrow I'll know the whole story. Yikes.

I will attempt another week at being gluten-free. I will start updating daily again, that really helped me with my first week.

I'm going to go the grocery store sometime this week and buy some gluten-free goodies. I will get some gluten-free flour(s), rice crackers and cakes, and maybe some packaged cookies (my baking sucks ).

I also been finding that I have been eating a lot of soy! Replacing my gluten with soy? Most likely. All this fake dairy stuff is comforting to me. And foods with gluten are very comforting. I think I'll pick up some rice milk too.

good job everyone.

tigerlily, i know how you feel about wanting more gluten. i get that way too. it IS extremely addictive. i sometimes have to wean myself off of it. its horrible but delicious. lol.

i do replace my diet with alot of soy i think too. i eat alot of tofu stuff, brown rice, corn taco shells and occasionally rice bread. i eat alot of chips though because they feel starchy and thats what i miss about gluten, the starchyness.

i havent gotten much exercise as ive been too upset to. im really nervous about my colposcopy today and i pray everything is normal.

im also having a hard time eating and feel so nauseous, probably due to the anxiety and nervousness. i think i might make some brown rice right now though. that might be soothing.

Yogini

Today was a rough day all around - food wise, work wise, and emotionally. I really need to learn to keep my opinions to myself because the people who disagree with me can't ever say so respectfully and rationally - it all turns into how stupid I am for thinking what I think and narrow-minded I am for not being convinced to change my opinion after someone's one weak and unconvincing attempt.

But I digress. Food was pretty crap - toast with Earth Balance and Red Star, potato chips, and a cookie. The only good thing I ate was a lovely bowl of lentil and rice soup with veggies. My only exercise was 20 minutes of power yoga because I always say something is better than nothing.

I'm having real ADD/hypomania symptoms today and now have to spend all night grading papers because I can't concentrate well enough to do it in a normal amount of time.

Quote Yogini View Post
    I'm having real ADD/hypomania symptoms today and now have to spend all night grading papers because I can't concentrate well enough to do it in a normal amount of time.
    i know the feeling and can totally relate! i am currently working on a paper thats due tomorrow at noon bc i didnt do it earlier today like i should have
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

poor yogini. i hope you feel better soon.

hope you can get your paper in soon and not have to worry about it anymore wishin!

yesterday i ate okay. obviously not enough fruits/veggies but im eating what we have. if i had vegetables or fruits id eat them lol. gotta make do with what youve got i suppose.

no exercise lately. too upset.

but i have lost 3 pounds. so that brings the total lost finally back up to 13 pounds total. (it went down to only 10 pounds for a while. i dont know, maybe my body was stabilizing at a new weight.) ooo i wonder if i look smaller now at this weight due to having more muscle from working out, than i did at this weight a couple months ago. that would be great lol.

now my goal is to get into the 40's.

Quote foxytina_69 View Post
    hope you can get your paper in soon and not have to worry about it anymore wishin!
    thanks tina! i stayed up till 1:15 outlining and doing quotes. woke up at 8am and banged it out and was done by 11 whoot! (class was at noon) now its time to prepare for my 3 hour class tonight then back to study for my micro test tomorrow annddd then thursday its time to study for my religion test on friday morning! oh it never ends
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Tigerlily - you've got me thinking about sharp pain associated with gluten now. Do you get sharp pains kinda behind your belly button after gluten?

Ok, i have been terrible lately. I have been eating far to much but am back on track. I have done really well today. I havent eaten lots of sugar and i havent been eating between meals. I am going to exercise tonight and try to stay on track. No more making cakes for me.

Kevster

Quote puffin View Post
    . No more making cakes for me.
    Well yes it's better to make them and send 'em, in my honest opinion.

Good thinking Kev.
    I can still enjoy baking but not sample them.
    One on the way soon.

Quote Roxy View Post
    Tigerlily - you've got me thinking about sharp pain associated with gluten now. Do you get sharp pains kinda behind your belly button after gluten?
    Yes, that area.

a sensitivity to gluten can cause sharp pains, bloating, stomach aches, a general 'uncomfortable' feeling in your stomach, gassyness, diarheaa, and/or constipation. also it can cause headaches, joint pains and other aches and pains.

today i didnt eat enough but my sleeping schedules all screwed up and im still really upset. still no exercise

pavotrouge

I haven't managed to excericise this week so far, because I'm commuting between 4 places for work this week...the good thing is, I've got my own small office and not too much to do here- have already done all my stuff for college (exam tomorrow T_T).

I sometimes get sharp pains in my lower stomach after I've eaten...so that might be gluten

Talking about pain- I made it through a cycle without ANY PMS troubles or else Usually I'm one of those women from the PMS statistics who kill people when pmsing
    I've been taking agnus castus 100% herbal tablets and everything is fine.

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    Yes, that area.
    I've had that before! Usually after dense glutonous products like heavy breads or cakes. If freakin hurts! Like someone stabbing you in the gut!

Quote pavotrouge View Post
    Talking about pain- I made it through a cycle without ANY PMS troubles or else Usually I'm one of those women from the PMS statistics who kill people when pmsing
    I've been taking agnus castus 100% herbal tablets and everything is fine.
    I've never heard of agnus castus. Is it expensive and where did you buy it? Is it a plant?

Quote Roxy View Post
    I've had that before! Usually after dense glutonous products like heavy breads or cakes. If freakin hurts! Like someone stabbing you in the gut!
    To me it feels like someone is squeezing and twisting my intestines.

Well I've gone back to using fitday. I hate not knowing what calorie, fat and nutrient intake I'm getting. Yes, it probably seems a little bit controlling but it works for me.

[quote=pavotrouge;250416]

Treehugga can you tell me what exactly body combat is? It sounds fun but I can neither find a translation nor have I heard it before.

quote]
    Body Combat is a Les Mills aerobic gym class. It is made up of boxing and martial arts done at a cracking pace. Lots of kicks and punches and skipping about. Fab workout and great for pent up frustration.

Today

DIET
    2 pancakes and strawberries with maple syrup
    1 veggie fritter with salad
    I soy cappacino
    1 soy chai latte
    2 chick pea sausages, mashed potatoes, peas & carrots
    strawberry rooibos tea
    water

EXERCISE
    1 hour Body Jam (funk/hip hop/jazz exercise class)

SUPPLIMENTS
    none - forgot to take any.

WEIGHT
    71.2 kilos' - getting there. Goal - 65 kilo's

Getting waxed tomorrow, so I think I'll probably lose about 2 kilo's then

Quote Roxy View Post
    I've never heard of agnus castus. Is it expensive and where did you buy it? Is it a plant?
    a herbal remedy available in health stores, internet and from herbalists.
    google it to purchase online!
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

pavotrouge

Treehugga, it REALLY sounds like a lot of fun but I guess we don't have those classes here T_T

Roxy, I bought the agnus castus from a pharmarcy and paid about 10€ for 100 tablets (you take one every day).

My snacking goes on will probably last all week since I bought a lot of goooood stuff from the Turkish grocery.
    I hope to start excercising again next week when I find some spare time (no excuse...I work 9-5 and attend events in the evenings all throughout the week).

Today

DIET
    2 Pieces sour dough toast & peanut butter
    some Turkish bread and hommous dip
    1 roll with sun dried tomatoes, red onion, avocado
    protein shake
    vegan sausage roll and salade with oven baked no fat wedges.
    apple
    water
    chai tea
    bancha tea

EXERCISE
    1 hour walk

SUPPLIMENTS
    multi.

WEIGHT
    70.9 kilo's

Quote pavotrouge View Post
    Roxy, I bought the agnus castus from a pharmarcy and paid about 10€ for 100 tablets (you take one every day).

Thanks Pavotrouge! I'll have a look for them next time I'm at the health food shop.

Roxy, most PMT suppliments include this herb as well as cramp bark, dong quai etc. Here we can just pick them up at the supermarket.

Thanks treehugger I've actually heard of those other remedies and had looked into using dong quai, but was told it wasn't suitable for someone using birth control (I wear a patch).

Quote Roxy View Post
    Thanks treehugger I've actually heard of those other remedies and had looked into using dong quai, but was told it wasn't suitable for someone using birth control (I wear a patch).
    better check out agnus castus with a herbalist or pharmacist before using, then... as it is a powerful herb which regulates female hormones.

So, I haven't had internet for like a week and I haven't been able to post on here! Here we go though...

Breakfast: Nothing, I was hungover from last night...

Lunch: veggie soup

Snack: pop-tart thing and cereal (I made up for missing breakfast)

Dinner: Amy's black bean burrito and some tortilla chips

Quote herbwormwood View Post
    better check out agnus castus with a herbalist or pharmacist before using, then... as it is a powerful herb which regulates female hormones.

Definately a good idea! I had a look for it at the drug store tonight, but I didn't see it there. I have to go to the mall at some stage in the next week, so I'll see if I can check at one of the Health Food stores there.

check with someone qualified not just a shop assistant, as agnus castus works! you don't want it working in a way you don't require!!!

ugh god im so sick. i have a flu. ive been throwing up, and as im writing this i am trying my best to hold it down. oh god.

i just ate brown rice thinking it might help to settle my tummy. apparently not. i feel like curling over and not doing anything.

steevs going to get me gingerale so im sure that will help my nausea and ease my stomach a bit.

i havent been eating much in the past couple of days. the days before those i was eating just crap food because i couldnt cook. so thats my update. lol.

hope everyone else is doing well.

oh and i went for a walk on saturday.