Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

I wouldn't mind running but I'm too self concious to run in public and my glasses will fly everywhere. Sucks.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

somehow my foot got injured/sore. its not the ankle, it's the top of the foot. owie. no working out for me for a bit

but food wise it twas a super day - had some whole grain bulgar cereal stuff with soy milk for breakfast, some OJ
    A smoothie of strawberries, pineapple, papaya, kiwi and soy and veggie tacos from chipolte. (on break from my evil tests. needed brain food)
    for dinner I had a huge plate of steamed veggies (corn on the cob, carrots, green beans, broccoli) and four chik nuggets with some BBQ sauce. mmmm.
    then i had some soy delicious...
    that was the bad part.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

I won't run in public either. My ass wobbles too much

Quote Roxy
    I won't run in public either. My ass wobbles too much
    My whole body wobbles. Boobs, stomach, thighs, butt...

Oh good. We can go running together when I come to PEI. You wear a red jogging suit and I'll wear a green one and we can look like 2 bowls of jello wobbling down the street

ooh...i used to run too, but my fatness is too much for the impact. Until I am down 15 lbs. again I can't do it without further joint damage.
    bah.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

I run in my gym, the surface is better on the threadmill. Concrete is just too hard to run on. Anyway, my face is blood red and I look like I've been through a tornado when I'm done, but I don't care anymore. There are people of all ages and shapes in my gym, so nobody pays attention to me.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

i fall off treadmills when going too fast. it's kinda funny, but also scary. I totally bruised up one of my feet one time when I went off the back (it was totally like a comedy movie)
    ~Mel

I made it to the gym for weight lifting and cardio twice this week (which was my goal).

I am trying to eat less soy, and more nuts/fruits/beans/grains.

I bought some quinoa from Oskri Organics yesterday. I plan to make some sort of hot breakfast cereal with it, and mix in some banana, medjool dates and walnuts and then eat it with soymilk.

Some more goals I have -

eat less soy - get more protein from wheat, beans, lentils, nuts, grains, seeds

start eating ground flax seeds

bake with whole grain flour (i made my weekly banana chocolate chip muffins with whole wheat pastry flour today and my boyfriend said they tasted better! Last week I made pancakes with 2/3 white flour, 1/3 whole wheat pastry flour. Would like to just use whole wheat.

I ate 1/4 cup of walnuts each day as a snack for the last week and I have felt sharper mentally. I know there is proof that omega 3's help brain function, but I can't help but think I am crazy!

i cant run cause of my asthma, but im sure my body would wobble too much too lol.

today:

snacks:
    -couple handfuls chips
    -slushee
    -kiwi
    lunch:
    -brown rice pasta w/ sauce, spices and nut. yeast
    dinner:
    -tomato fried rice
    -2 spring rolls
    -couple bites veggie chop suey

urgh leftovers.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

so ive had around 1200 calories today, and then whatever the slushee was

sigh. the damn drinks always get me. im fine with the food but the drinks come in and then they make me go over. the slushee was probably like 300 calories

Where do you get all these slushees tina?

I picture you living by a 7-11...or some canadian equivelent.

It's a really nice day today. I would like to go for a walk but I have to finish a 10+ page assignment (that was due yesterday...yikes) and study for my exams. *sigh*

mango woman

same with me tigerlily- it's awesome outside and of course i have LOADS of homework to do. thumbs down! Maybe i'll finish in time to squeeze a nice evening walk in.

Quote theashleybeyer
    same with me tigerlily- it's awesome outside and of course i have LOADS of homework to do. thumbs down! Maybe i'll finish in time to squeeze a nice evening walk in.
    Well I have to go to the school's library to do photocopying. Yay, I'll get in 15 minutes worth of walking. Better than nothing, right?

i live by alot of convenience stores lol.

i walked for about an hour today. phew.

i gained like 5 pounds though from all the chinese food. i know it has TONS of sodium in it so i know its just water weight but urrggghhh im feeling really upset about it.

Don't be upset Tina. Do you ever drink tea/coffee? Try having a cup - the caffiene acts as a diruetic and well help flush out all the extra water, just make sure you drink lots of water with it so you don't get dehydrated.

I weighed myself today (twice) and the second time I was at the same weight I was last week! The first time I was 1 lb heavier. Stupid scale. I haven't been weighing myself lately because it has made me so upset, but I guess it was good because it looked like the few lbs of weight loss were for real.

On the plus side, it has been about a month (5 weeks) since i started working out 2 times per week - and I swear my ass looks really firm! It was never jiggly or anything, but I used to be able to kinda "lift" it up and imagine how it would look, and I realized i can't do that anymore...it is already there!

It must all be in my head.

Okay. Well I may not have eaten very healthily today (mostly processed foods because that's all that's left before I go grocery shopping on Wednesday). However, I have started inputting my food intake and calories burned into fitday once again so I can get a better idea of exactly what I'm putting into my body.

Today I ate:

1304 calories
    33g of fat
    219g of carbs ( that seems like a lot)
    33g of protein

The % of fat for the day worked out at 24%. Is that supposed to be too much?

And guess what else - in the "reports" section of fitday - I can see that I didn't come close to meeting any of the RDA amounts for any vitamins or minerals

I guess that emphasises to me, how important it is to eat fresher and more healthily.

Of the 1304 calories I took in, it looks like I only burned about 950 of them.

roxy, you arent supposed to get more than 30 % of your daily intake from fat, so thats good!

thanks wildflower. im trying not to be. although it has pretty much ruined my mood for the day.

im trying to eat healthier today. so so far:

today:

lunch:
    -baked potato w/ v. butter, light catalina dressing, v. bacon bits, curry powder, garlic powder and pepper
    -strawberry kiwi smoothie
    dinner:
    -brown rice w/ lentils, kale, onions, nutritional yeast and tamari
    -salad (romaine lettuce, red onion, tomato, light catalina)

so that brings me to almost 800 calories.

so that leaves me with 400 still to eat :S i dont know what thatll be!

steev and i discussed the mcdougall diet. i came to the conclusion that id probably be better off just taking some of the principles from the diet and then still following my regular 1200 calorie plan. like ill try to balance out the starchy vegetables with leafy greens, and try to cut down on fats and sugars.

That sounds sensible, Tina.

P.S. I think the girl on the fitday website is YOU You look like her.

Okay, I'm bad. I'm finding all these yummy foods. I found these corn twizzlers which are just like cheezies except without the cheese. So good yet they are still very high fat (the one individual sized bag contained 24g of fat!--mostly saturated too ). And then I have a vegan pie in the freezer, waiting to be baked. And I have a coupon for some soy ice cream too. Did I mention it's exam time and I have no time to exercise? Oh dear.

lol roxy, i do see a bit of a resemblence, but my nose and eyebrows arent so pointy lol

tigerlily, dont worry, youll have time to exercise after you do all your exams, to make up for it

I think I need to start tracking my calories again, but it is so hard when I don't eat packaged foods to know what's what.

Maybe you guys can help? Fitday didn't seem to have much of the things I eat on it...allthough i found a seperate site for recipe analysis and plugged it all in there and then transfered to fitday.

Here is what I am planning tomorrow...

1/2 cup of quinoa with some medjool dates and maybe a banana thrown in, depending on how much sweetener I think it needs. soymilk on top to cool/make it creamy. (it will be my first time making quinoa so we shall see if it works...i am not good at cooking rice really.) mug of Indian Spice tea w/soymilk.

snacks at work - 1/4 walnuts and a small apple

lunch at work - not sure yet...I could do a boca burger or a tofurky sandwich on whole wheat bread.

workout - 2 sets weights and going to try for 40 minutes of incline walking...

dinner - not sure yet either...

OK, that looks like a lot of soy, maybe I will do black beans on a whole wheat tortilla for lunch, or black bean soup. I had black bean soup the last 2 days though, does that matter? I also need to eat up a red pepper in my fridge...

oh and wildflower, i do have green tea. maybe ill have a couple cups. i really hope ive lost atleast some water by tommorow or ill be dissapointed in myself!

ive drank 2 litres of water so far, so i hope to drink more before i go to sleep.

i always enter in my own things into fitday, so i have all my regular foods on there, aswell as the basics that they have aswell.

your day sounds great! do you have any leafy greens and protein rich foods to add to it aswell?

well, the quinoa and beans/soy meat is high protein. also, the bread i eat has 5 grams per slice and the soymilk is 7 grams per cup. and the walnuts have some...5 or 6 grams.

I don't have any leafy greens though. I am a big spinach eater, but I am out of it right now. Need to get more beans/lentils/produce.

Maybe I should try kale like all of you eat...can you make a meal out of that? I always eat my spinach raw, i guess I could try cooking it for more of a meal, like with some lentils.

i always make a meal out of kale and other things. i have a bowl of brown rice and lentils mixed together, then top it with sauteed onions and kale, and add soy sauce, ginger, garlic, pepper to it whilst sauteeing, and then add it to the rice/lentil mixture.

its sooo good.

oh i added tahini this time too. it was really yummy.

i always add it to homemade soups too.

i think ill make some tommorow.

in total today ive had almost 3 litres of water and 2 cups of green tea.

i hope ive lost some water weight !!

i really must start doing my yoga practice at home again. i sneaked a peak at shazzie's website and looked at her yoga photos http://www.shazzie.com/special/photos/yoga/ WOW, bendy.

i feel stiff and creaky!

im having one more cup of green tea!

oh cedar, i love shazzie!

that reminds me to pull out some yoga videos i have. i have one for weight loss specifically.

i did more exercise.

2 minutes of jumping jacks, 50 squats, 40 situps, and 25 pushups. these were to measure my level of fitness for my yourself fitness game on xbox.

but i felt like it was a good workout anyways lol.

Ok, i am completley derailed! a weekend of Junk food and alcohol and then more junk whilst drunk cos thought i was hungry

Also very tired, little sleep this weekend. would like to try and swim tonight though if i don't doze of before then.
    I dont get crunchy people?

i also had another baked potato.

in total i had around 1200 calories, and 40 grams of fiber, and 50 grams of protein.

and a little more than 3 litres of water.

ive also been burning nearly 300 calories a day from exercise. woohoo!

tommorow i plan on doing my 30 minute yourselffitness exercise. it will be an areobic workout, so lots of jumping around and sweating my butt off!

ill hopefully also eat healthy.

tabitha

Quote veganbikerboy
    Ok, i am completley derailed! a weekend of Junk food and alcohol and then more junk whilst drunk cos thought i was hungry

Also very tired, little sleep this weekend. would like to try and swim tonight though if i don't doze of before then.
    Juice!! Bikerboy....Juice for your life!!!!!!.....ps more veg than fruit. You are supposed to sip slowly, but gag.....Ive just had parsnip, cucumber, green pepper and apple and believe me after that I can swallow anything (no double meaning intended).

Quote tabitha
    Juice!! Bikerboy....Juice for your life!!!!!!.....ps more veg than fruit. You are supposed to sip slowly, but gag.....Ive just had parsnip, cucumber, green pepper and apple and believe me after that I can swallow anything (no double meaning intended).
    I am really not a fan of veg juice, love fruit juice, but the thought of liquid cabbage
    I dont get crunchy people?

feral

Quote tabitha
    Ive just had parsnip, cucumber, green pepper and apple and believe me after that I can swallow anything (no double meaning intended).
    Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww & LMAO . I can't eat peppers without barfing so I admire your resolve tabs!

tabitha

What can I say Bogeyes, I AM superwoman

lol you ARE superwoman tabitha!

wow i just looked back on my posts. ive gotten exercise everyday this month!

i feel proud of myself

i have a little stand up calender and i highlight all the days i worked out. everyday is highlighted hopefully we can keep it like that!

Tina you are doing so well.
    I have failed and have been eating lots of sweet things
    I shall be looking at my diet and trying really hard to eat a healthy diet again. I need to exercise more to so i will try to fit in a workout while i am working tonight and not cook anymore muffins this week

wildflower...what is the site for recipe analysis and is it free??

healthy was out of the question yesterday. cotton candy, pretzels and chips and salsa were all i ate. we have an ant infestation and all the food had to be tossed. had to grab food on the run while figureing out how to rid our apt. of the evil ants that ate my fruit
    I made rice this morning for lunch and ate the leftover steamed veggies from saturday. today had a much better start...despite no fruit for breakfast.
    ~Mel

That game sounds so cool Tina! I wonder if it's available for Mac computers...

I ate SO poorly over the weekend. That is, I barely ate at all, and most of what I did eat was crap.

On Saturday I had a veggie burger, corn tortilla chips, a mint chocolate, a big vegan cookie, and a bag of popcorn with earthbalance drizzled over it.

On Sunday I ate some oatmeal, tofu phat thai, some Thai papaya salad, two fried bananas, two mint chocolates, and two Wha Guru Chews.

I was just too lazy to cook anything decent! But my tofu in the fridge will go bad tomorrow, so tonight I'm definitely going to make some veggie curry. It'll last a few days, and it's pretty healthy.

At least I'm keeping up with my exercises. These reverse crunches really work! My lower abs are finally getting a workout. I can't wait to start seeing a difference. That's what used to keep me from working out regularly. If I did't see an immediate difference, I gave up and said that it just doesn't work for me. But after doing situps consistently for so long, I'm seeing results in my upper abs, and now I'm so excited to see if I can do the same for the lower ones. I'll need to eat better than I did on the weekend though!

Here's what I'm eating today:
    Breakfast: oatmeal with rice milk and organic cane sugar.
    Lunch: 3 medjool dates, one Wha Guru chew (my last one - I have to stop buying these!), some organic mango apple sauce, 2 sliced organic carrots, and leftover Thai food from a restaurant I ate at on Friday (spicy red curry, stir-fried veggies and rice).
    Supper: Will be the curry that I'm planning on making.

I got about 200 situps and reverse crunches (total combined) this morning, and hope to do at least 200 more tonight, but hopefully 300.
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

good job yoggy! thats so many situps!!

argh i only lost 2 pounds today of water. still alot of pounds to go before im at the weight i was at a few weeks ago

im going to do my yourself fitness game now.

yoggy, they do have one for computers. enter in yourself fitness into google and itll come up with the main website and show u the different versions!

okay, i did a little over a 30 minute cardio workout. it got interupted 5 times *rolls eyes*

god im so pissed off that i only lost 2 pounds from all that water and green tea. argh!

i am glad you lost though! It's a step in the right direction.
    ~Mel

Quote foxytina_69
    yoggy, they do have one for computers. enter in yourself fitness into google and itll come up with the main website and show u the different versions!
    I checked the website, but they only have the program for PC's, and both my BF and I have Macs . It's funny though, because my BF used to be a really successful personal trainer, but I don't want to get trained by him because it would be too weird letting him watch me work out and telling me what I'm doing wrong I'm so self-conscious, I know.

Danced for an hour, but not really intense. Half the time was simply pacing around my room waving my arms.

yoggy, does your bf have a game system?

thanks mel. i feel so crappy about it. im trying to drink lots of water again today hoping for the same results.

Quote foxytina_69
    yoggy, does your bf have a game system?
    Yes. He has a GameCube, and the game isn't made for that system either

I'm going to try and convince him to get a PS2 one of these days

i love gamecube. its my favorite!!! steev got me one for christmas, its got all the best games! lol.