Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

TODAY

DIET
    2 slices rye sourdough fruit toast
    4 slices mushroom pizza
    apple, orange, kiwi fruit
    walnuts, sunflower seeds
    protein shake
    2 walnut burgers and salad

EXERCISE
    day off

SUPPLIMENTS
    multi
    liquid iron & b12
    flower essences
    homeopathics for hayfever

no exercise in the past few days. my wrist is sprained and im not feeling well.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I ate tooooo much. Bleh, I feel so stuffed and grossed.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

i hate that feeling. do you have anything sweet? like pieces of candy? thats why they give you candy after a meal at a restaurant, it helps you to feel less full.

I just had cookies.

lol

yay i did a 20 minute exercise ball strength training workout woohoo! god that was intense.

TODAY

DIET
    4 spelt pancakes & maple syrup
    salad sandwich
    5 rice paper rolls with vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, garlic chives, avocado, tofu.
    2 pieces rye toast & peanut butter
    apple, kiwi, orange

EXERCISE
    Didn't go to Combat. Had a sleepless night & horrible cramps

WEIGHT 71 kg's. GOAL 65kg's

Yesterday. I had an inservice day and wasn't at work, so my eating was crazy! No exercise...I'm also starting to feel sick.

Breakfast: 2 bagels

Lunch: the biggest burrito ever: Rice, black beans, fajita veggies, pico de gallo, guacomole, and lettuce. It had to weight 5 pounds it was so big!

Dinner: A whole bag of jalapeno chips and some animal crackers.

Snack: PB&J and chips and salsa

Well, I guess I should jump on board the weightloss/fitness/health bandwagon as well.

I decided to go vegan when I reazlied I didn't eat much meat anyway and when I did I felt bad both physically and guilty for eating an animal. So, I don't even miss meat. I miss cheese more but that's okay, there are plenty of imitation/veggie cheeses that are yummy.

I have been vegan for a couple of weeks and I already feel LOADS better. Not sure how much I have lost, but my face is less round (haha) and my stomach looks flatter, so that is great. Also, I can think more clearly.

So, my goals are to get healthier - detox my body of meat and animal products as well as refined sugars/carbs and of non-organic stuff which I have tried to avoid for years now.
    Also, to walk/work out at least three times a week now that fall is here and the weather is LOVELY.
    And lastly, I would just like to feel better about myself by not contributing to any cruelty to animals.

...so that's my story...

welcome yasha! great goals and good luck!

today for exercise ill get in some walking and dancing.

for diet its mostly snack type foods on the go, and maybe tacos for dinner.

Lunch: veggie soup and a vegan burger

Snack: potato chips

Snack: Toffee nut soy latte

Dinner: bowl of home made chili

Exercise: Does walking 40 minutes in a corn maze and picking pumpkins count? Other than that, nothing...

If you worked up a sweat and huffed and puffed - then yes!!

TODAY

DIET
    bowl high bran cereal with nuts and fruit
    mushroom and garlic tart with salad
    1 slice pane de casa bread
    2 slices vegan welsh rarebit - soy cheese, onion, sage, paprika & chilli powder.
    1 piece blueberry cake

EXERCISE
    1 hour Body pump

SUPPLIMENTS
    flower remedy
    forgot to take any others.

Yogini

I had a very emotionally difficult weekend. This led to lots of crap food, some beer, and no exercise.

I'm going to have a nice cup of Ayurvedic calming tea, do some restorative yoga, then watch some Law and Order. I'll probably conk out two hours into the marathon.

Tomorrow I'll go grocery shopping so I'll have good food in the house (this was part of the problem this weekend - no fruit and only old veggies were in my fridge.)

well i'm back after a nice weekend visiting my friend at her college. it was a lot of fun, but i drank way too much and ate like crap, barely any fruits and veggies. it was worth it though.

ready for a fresh start tomorrow.

I'm giving blood again on Thursday, so I've been very careful to monitor my iron intake every day through fitday and I'll also be drinking loads of water (more than usual) in the coming days.

I've been doing more swimming lately. 500m every couple of evenings. I want to eat more protein shortly after excercise but it's really difficult to find something easy to prepare when you don't have easy access to a kitchen. My local health food stores are full of 'just-add-water' shakes, but nothing Vegan

hugs to everyone who is having a rough time. the rough times always pass, try to stay strong!

roxy good for you for giving blood.

vegandrummersam, that sucks about the shakes.

today i didnt exercise. im pmsing and am very bitchy and cranky lol. ive been just laying in bed mostly. i didnt eat too many calories today like i have been for a few days. ive gained a few pounds but i think its from pmsing and eating salty and gluten stuff. so im hoping ill see a loss on the scale tommorow after drinking lots of water and whatnot. its so depressing.

well today went really well. ate pretty healthy, slept late and caught up on some much needed sleep. no exercise, but i stayed pretty busy with work and school that i didn't even miss it that much.

tomorrow i'm waking up early to get in either some cardio (depending how my calf feels) or some upper body weights and abs.

Quote vegandrummersam View Post
    I've been doing more swimming lately. 500m every couple of evenings. I want to eat more protein shortly after excercise but it's really difficult to find something easy to prepare when you don't have easy access to a kitchen. My local health food stores are full of 'just-add-water' shakes, but nothing Vegan
    Those vegan protein shakes are usually \full of evil soy isolate, bad,bad,bad for you.

Make your own protein shakes like I do with soy or other milk and nuts and seeds. I'm lucky and can buy a special finely ground mix by a naturopath at my health food store. Add a banana for a B6 & potassium hit. With that and the zinc from the nuts etc you'll be so fit you'll be dangerous. I have 1 -2 of these shakes a day mid morning and mid afternoon, then I don't have to stress so much about how much protein I'm consuming. You could make them up prior to your swimming and take them in a thermos. Or make protein balls made with nuts and seeds and nut butter, maple syrup etc rolled into balls, refridgerate and carte around as needed. Popular with vegan hikers.

Quote foxytina_69 View Post

today i didnt exercise. im pmsing and am very bitchy and cranky lol. ive been just laying in bed mostly. i didnt eat too many calories today like i have been for a few days. ive gained a few pounds but i think its from pmsing and eating salty and gluten stuff. so im hoping ill see a loss on the scale tommorow after drinking lots of water and whatnot. its so depressing.
    Me too Just remember it's all excess fluid, gone in no time

Today.

DIET

bowl high fibre cereal
    protein shake
    salad on rye
    protein shake
    3 rice crackers and dip
    Mushroon spelt pizza
    1 slice white bread

EXERCISE

1 hour body pump

SUPPLIMENTS
    echinacea plus
    multi

GOAL
    to lose 1 kilo by the end of next week, currently 71.5

thanks treehugga! good job!

today i didnt eat too much, and i also did a 20 minute interval workout on the exercise bike. i rode 5.10 miles! woohoo. my lungs even recooperated quickly.

pavotrouge

@yogini: nope, sparkpeople is entirely free and can be easily customized.

*sigh of relief* So I'm not the only one PMSing badly ...

Workout this week was working overtime three days in a row and running through the office because my co-trainee tried very hard to make every mistake possible, swimming because my best friend's kids forced us to (I hate swimming) and playing soccer for the same reason (and that was a tough 8 year old!).

One way or the other, I never get the chance to stand/sit still.

I'm improving on sleeping regular hours, drinking more water and eating less crap- no convenience food so far this week!

I'm feeling a cold coming up but am working against it with a lot of spicy food, garlic and hot blackcurrant juice (not altogether).

Yogini

I just received an invitation to my cousin's wedding - it's December 16. Do you think I have a chance in hades of dropping two dress sizes by then? That would get me down to the size I was last time most of these folks saw me. I don't want them to know I got as fat as I did. I'm already the old maid of the family. Although the groom's sister (also my cousin) is a slightly older maid than me. But at least she's thin.

I'm not even sure I'm going. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive, but through upstate New York, which would be really nice (I like road trips.) The hotel the reception is being held at is outside my budget, so I'd have to find a nearby Econolodge or something. I know nothing about the bride and her family, but if my aunt and uncle have any say, there will be no drinking or dancing. And what on earth is a wedding with no drinking or dancing?

pavotrouge

I don't know if that is possible, yogini, but would really recommend you checking out sparkpeople (no I'm not getting paid for advertising it) where you can enter a weight you want to reach in a certain time and they plan it for you (how many calories to eat + burn).

I have decided I'm going to be serious and try to limit my gluten. I'm not going to fully eliminate it because it only makes me bloated and sometimes crampy or constipated (if I eat a lot). I think if I really try to cut it out for the most part, I will feel much better. Constant bloating is no fun. There are times when I'll go a few days with very little gluten and I'll notice that my stomach really isn't so pregnant-woman looking! It's obviously the gluten that's making me bloated.

I think I want to cut down on my sugars. I read from a few sources that you shouldn't get anymore than 40g (~10 teaspoons) of sugar a day, not including the natural sugars in fruits/veggies and grains. Ever since then, I've been trying to pay attention to my sugar and realised I eat a lot. I get at least 60g a day. And on my cookie monster days, I'm sure it reaches 100+ grams.

good for you tigerlily about the gluten.

yogini i think its possible if you want it bad enough. you just have to work your butt off!

pavotrouge you sound like youre doing great!

yesterday i didnt get any exercise, im just feeling really crappy at the moment but im trying to getas much as i can. im hoping today i feel better enough to do my exercise ball workout.

i did lose 4 of the pounds i gained from my bad overeating weekend, but i still have 3 to go from it. but i think its all water cause i was taking diuretics for my pms, and lost 3 pounds over night, and then another pound over the next night.

Today I had gluten free millet bread at breakfast. Hmm. I can get used to it. I just need to buy some Earth Balance though. It's pretty dry!

I've avoided this thread for a few days now because I've eaten horrible and not exercised and I feel kind of guilty. I'm getting really frustrated and I just want to see the scale budge. Does anyone have a good idea/diet to see a couple pounds come off pretty quick? I need some motivation to keep me going! Besides these last few days I've been exercising and eating fairly well. If I could just see some results, then I wouldn't be so down. Any suggestions?

wmenke im sorry its been difficult lately for you. i know how you feel. ive been frustrated too. i think mainly just drink lots of water and coffee and tea and exercise more often (especially sweat inducing exercise) and youll lose a couple pounds of water retention which will help to motivate you. also try to fill up on low calorie foods like low cal veggies, salads and popcorn. youll be full and not be hungry for more and its really low calorie and healthy ofcourse. oh and stay away from sugar, proccessed foods, salty foods and white flour foods. that will also help the tea/coffee/water with getting rid of excess water retention. those foods all make you bloated and feel puffy.

today i went for 2 walks.

Quote wmenke View Post
    I've avoided this thread for a few days now because I've eaten horrible and not exercised and I feel kind of guilty. I'm getting really frustrated and I just want to see the scale budge. Does anyone have a good idea/diet to see a couple pounds come off pretty quick? I need some motivation to keep me going! Besides these last few days I've been exercising and eating fairly well. If I could just see some results, then I wouldn't be so down. Any suggestions?
    In the past I found if I made home made vegetable soup (fry onions in oil, add vegetables, stock and lentils) and ate that as my main meal I lost weight without even meaning to.
    The soup will keep in a cool place for a few days so you can make a larger quantity.
    Grapefruit is supposed to be good too.
    Also eat fortified breakfast cereals for breakfast, a low calorie kind such as bran flakes or corn flakes), they will be nutritious, provide vitamins and mimerals but not be fattening.
    Walk as much as you can too. Dried and fresh fruit are low cal snacks. Keep them handy in case of hunger pangs when near shops!
    Do you go to a gym? If so do you know anyone there? I have "gym friends" I only meet at the gym and we all support and motivate each other. A lot of us have health problems so we give each other moral support in our fitness regimes. It can be quite useful to make "gym mates". I usually wear my "go Veggie" or "go Vegan" t shirt there, and I only had one mean comment from an elderly woman who asked me if I got the t shirt free somewhere. I have not been as friendly with her since!
    That reminds me, I went today! I was supposed to be going to Tai Chi too, so I got up early. The class was cancelled due to holidays so I just went in the gym instead.
    I did 11 minutes on exercise bike, 6 minutes on cross trainer and various weright machines, which took me 50 minutes.
    Then I walked home carrying my shopping in my rucksack.
    When I came home I had lunch then made hummous and coleslaw for tomorrow's dinner (to have with baked potatoes).
    Last edited by herbwormwood; Oct 21st, 2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Well I did okay the past two days regarding gluten. Yesterday I didn't intentionally eat any gluten. Today I ate some by accident. I was making a salad and without even thinking, I put some croutons on. Shoot. They had already touched the salad dressing, so I couldn't pick them off and put them back in the box. I just ate them. It wasn't much, maybe like 1/8 of a cup or something.

In terms of added sugar...hmm. I don't know. Yesterday I ate a lot of sugar. I had a bottle of ginger ale which had about 30g of added sugar.

sounds good herbwormwood!

tigerlily, good job! how is your stomach feeling with less gluten? any improvements yet?

today i did a 20 minute full body exercise ball workout. phew. im all shaky from it.

No improvements with my stomach yet but I have more energy!

thats good!

i also went for a 20 minute walk.

pavotrouge

Wow, tigerlilly, I couldn't do without gluten...I'm quite carb-addicted...

I'm back to excercising after last week's break and seem to have overcome the cold (with lots of spicy food ^ ^), did half an hour of Yoga on Friday and started running (also half an hour) again today...so far I'm feeling good...I've got a huge problem with finding the right time for excercising, though.

I can't get myself to get up earlier in the mornings to go running though I know my day would be a lot easier with that...if I go running at night, I'm hyperenergetic afterwards and tired the next morning at work (one reason why I quit martial arts with training hours 7-10PM)... and when I do Yoga at night, I'm TOO sleepy...

I'm almost glad I"m broke sometimes because if I wasn't I'd be ordering vegan cookies and cakes and baking all the time haha.

So far I haven't even really discovered any unhealthy vegan foods even if I wanted to (unless you count the two bags of swedish fish I have on my desk)

Quote pavotrouge View Post
    Wow, tigerlilly, I couldn't do without gluten...I'm quite carb-addicted...
    I know but it hurts my stomach and bowels too much. I might have the odd dessert made with gluten but that's it. I hope.

So today is day 3 of trying to avoid gluten. I'm doing well. I think there might still be hidden gluten ingredients in some packaged food (I just found soy sauce may not be gluten-free). But right now, I'm just trying to focus on the obvious. I might make some cupcakes or some cookies this week, and they probably won't be gluten-free. Oh well.

[Too much information warning:] I had a good bowel movement today. It was like those textbook perfect ones. Passed quickly, very little odour, uniform in shape, not light in color, didn't have any undigested food bits, and was a "clean wipe". I was happy. I only seem to get those when I try my best to eat a lot of veggies and very little gluten. In the past two months, I've been having a wheat binge and I have been having bowel issues. I'm glad it will be getting better! [/warning]

I don't know if I feel less bloated. I carry most of my weight in my belly area, so of course, I will always have a pouch. Three days ago, I started wearing my sweatpants again (too cold for shorts around the house) and they were a little tight. They seem to be less tight today but I can't say so for sure. I will let you know in a few days.

I have more energy. This is something I wasn't expecting. But it's more than a-okay with me!

The bags under my eyes seem to be less dark but it's too soon to tell if it's from eliminating gluten. Three days really isn't a long time.

You're so cute!
    Too much information warning

Glad everything's working out well for you Tigerlily

Hehe, thanks.

Avoiding gluten isn't *too* hard, just really annoying/inconvient. I have some brown rice pasta, I might make some tomorrow with jarred spaghetti sauce.

i dont mind being gluten free but i like to have gluten stuff once in a while as a treat.

im glad youre feeling a little better tigerlily, keep us updated.

when you cook the brown rice pasta, dont overcook it. its really easy to overcook. the directions on mine say to cook it for 15 minutes, thats way too long. i just bring the water to a boil, dump in the pasta, turn it down to 4 and stir it often so it doesnt stick together. then i taste it every couple minutes until its al dente. anymore than that and itll just go mushy. it usually only takes me around 8-10 minutes to cook my pasta. and try adding a little bit of oil and chili powder to your pasta. i dont know what it is, but the oil makes it rich and the chili powder makes it have a kick. its soooooooo good. its the only way i make my pasta hahaha. (well along with other spices, like salt, pepper, garlic, basil and parsley)

today i ate okay, not too much, but didnt do any exercise. i needed a day break. im aiming for 3 days a week of actual exercise, like videos or the bike, and then the rest of the week, trying to get in as much walking as i can. im glad we dont have a car. we have to walk everywhere we go.

the good news is that i havent gained any weight from eating flour this weekend, and i ate pretty light today so im hoping to see some of the water retention i still have be gone by tommorow.

im trying to drink lots of water, and i chose to snack on my veggie soup and sunflower seeds since theyre healthy

well this past week i did really good. weighed myself yesterday, and i am maintaining, which is my goal. My calf i think has healed, so i am ready to start running more consistently now. I am also planning to run a half marathon at the end of april next year. Still awhile before i have to really train, but i need to start upping my mileage now and getting used to running a lot again.

keep up the great work everyone!

i dont mind being gluten free but i like to have gluten stuff once in a while as a treat.

im glad youre feeling a little better tigerlily, keep us updated.

when you cook the brown rice pasta, dont overcook it. its really easy to overcook. the directions on mine say to cook it for 15 minutes, thats way too long. i just bring the water to a boil, dump in the pasta, turn it down to 4 and stir it often so it doesnt stick together. then i taste it every couple minutes until its al dente. anymore than that and itll just go mushy. it usually only takes me around 8-10 minutes to cook my pasta. and try adding a little bit of oil and chili powder to your pasta. i dont know what it is, but the oil makes it rich and the chili powder makes it have a kick. its soooooooo good. its the only way i make my pasta hahaha. (well along with other spices, like salt, pepper, garlic, basil and parsley)
    Thanks for the tip!

Breakfast: Clif nectar bar

Lunch: Small salad (lettuce, cauliflower, olives, carrots, tomatos, and cucumber), & a few almonds

Snack: Small tomato with pepper

Dinner: Baked potato with ketchup, canned green beans and corn

Snack: glass of silk chocolate soy milk

Exercise: 5 mile run (45 min)
    Last edited by wmenke; Oct 24th, 2006 at 02:40 AM. Reason: change of plans

Day 4 of gluten free.

Today I made the brown rice pasta and it was good! As it was cooking, I kept on tasting it [plain] and it was kinda..."different". I was worried it was going to taste gross with the sauce. But once I had the sauce on top of it, you couldn't even tell it wasn't wheat pasta.

I feel sort of tired today but that's because I didn't get a lot of caffeine like usual. I only had one cup of tea.

Other than that, no new changes since yesterday.

veggiejess, good job! the marathon sounds great

good job wmenke

tigerlily, its wierd but i prefer the brown rice pasta to wheat pasta anyday. ive had wheat pasta a couple times because we didnt have much to eat, and i actually thought it was kindof gross compared to the brown rice pasta.

good job on day 4 of gluten free. oh and yeah, soy sauce has wheat. i forgot that you said that before. thats why i always buy wheat free tamari, or a soy sauce by VH that doesnt have wheat in it.

right now im really hungry but i dont know what to eat. i might just wait until dinner to eat.

no exercise today. my lungs are horrible right now.

Thanks for the tip, Tina.

today i did a 20 minute full body exercise ball workout. god i love working out. its so rewarding and you feel so strong afterwards. i could definitely see myself actually having fun as a personal trainer. oh and i lost a pound. woohoo.

in total id like to lose about 10 more. now that im working out, we'll see how it goes.

today i did a 20 minute full body exercise ball workout. god i love working out. its so rewarding and you feel so strong afterwards. i could definitely see myself actually having fun as a personal trainer. oh and i lost a pound. woohoo.
    Is that a possibility? I think tthere are a lot of job opportunities in fitness insructor/personal trainer nowadays. And it would be good to have a vegan one.
    My fitness instructor is vegan friendly but he does not think he can get enough protein as a vegan. Apparently he tried it and lost too much weight. So obviously he didn't have enough knowledge.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

it could be. honestly im not sure what i want to do as far as a career goes yet. it would be nice to beable to teach people that you can be vegan, and gain muscle, the same as a meateater, and that being vegan doesnt mean you dont get enough protein. i wonder what kindof incomes personal trainers get.