Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

If you work for a private gym rather than YMCA/community gym, you get paid pretty well!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Breakfast: Coffee

Snack: Cliff nectar bar

Lunch: Small salad and a handful of almonds

Snack: Corn, breen beans, and a helping of refried beans

Dinner: HUGE bowl of whole wheat spaghetti

Snack:??? I don't know, but I'm sure it'll be something yummy!

it sounds like you had a healthy day wmenke!

well today i worked out (my body is feeling so much tighter and less wobbly!) but i ate barely anything today. (chips and cereal) im not hungry, i woke up around 5 pm and ate a bowl of cereal, so unless i get hungry again im not going to be eating dinner. although i cooked the brown rice and got the salad dressing for my salad and everything. hopefully i get hungry again. (im trying to only eat when hungry)
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Congrats on feeling better foxytina! I wish that I only ate when I'm hungry. I eat when I'm bored. I also find myself eating so fast that I keep eating even though I've probably eaten enough if I would just slow down and let it digest. Anways, hope it keeps going well!

I eat really fast too. I'm always hungry as well. Always. If I didn't try to stop myself, I'd eat all day non-stop. I don't know what's wrong with me. I get hungry an hour after I eat.

Day 5 of gluten free. Wow, almost a week!

I'm starting to run out of gluten free snack ideas. Sure there's fruit, but blah. I don't like fruit as snacks, so boring. I prefer crunchy carb-heavy stuff. Maybe I'll go buy popcorn, even though I'm not a big fan. Maybe I'll splurge and get gluten-free pretzels and crackers.

I'm baking cupcakes tomorrow. They aren't going to be gluten-free. They are a practice run for my cousin's cupcakes. I'll only frost 4 cupcakes and eat one. Hopefully someone in my family will eat the other 3. I will freeze the other 8 (unfrosted) and save them for cheat snacks. I'm going to try to make gluten-free cupcakes at a later date too.

I also need to start exercising. *sigh*

I have gone from 152 pounds to 139 pounds since April. Today I'm treating myself with Chocolate Peanut Butter Soy Icecream and wine!

I still have a few more pounds to go, and hopefully will be where I want to be by the end of the year.

Woo hoo. Great job Roxy.

Thanks It's been a lot of hard work.....but worth it.

I want to get more active in losing weight. None of my clothes from last year fit. And I'm too cheap to buy new clothes.

I think I need to start exercising.

I was lurking some gluten free communities and some people have lost weight since going gluten free. I hope I'm one of them.

You never know Tigerlily.....hopefully the change will help!

I still weigh in monthly at Weight Watchers to keep my membership active. I don't really follow the plan but it's free since I'm a "lifetimer". I will see how much I weigh. Last month I was 148! I go tomorrow to be weighed.

Oh that's a good idea! You've been eating pretty well lately, so hopefully you've lost a little bit

I know, I've been pretty pleased with my eating. I took out my old gympants 5 days ago. They were tight...you could see my underwear lines and they hurt. Now they are getting pretty comfy.

Woohoo! Solve the underpants line problem and just don't wear any

LOL.

wow roxy thats great! good for you!!! do share what you did to get there

tigerlily, great job on the gluten free and eating well!

i dont think i lost any weight going gluten free. i did lose weight around that time (i was 15 when i went off gluten and quite overweight then, around 185 pounds) but i think it was from not eating alot and other things that helped me lose the weight.

gluten free snacks, i guess thats why i eat chips so much lol. theyre carby and starchy and salty and yummy and theyre my main snack. i think if i didnt have chips id be pretty sad on my snacks. although i also like to snack on sunflower seeds (in the shell, its fun to eat them like that) and bananas, and rice cakes with peanut butter and jam mmm. and ofcourse potatoes of any kind make for a good filling starchy snack. and pancakes if you cook them with brown rice flour, those are great for on the go. rice crackers are really good too, if you get the flavoured kinds (like bbq, yummmm. and theyre not as expensive as gluten free soda crackers or pretzels.) nothing beats chips or chips and salsa for me though lol.

my rings are loose which is always a good sign. im hoping to lose a couple pounds by halloween.

i did my exercise ball workout early this morning but no more exercise after that. im hoping to get some exercise tommorow.

i think i ate okay today. i didnt get too many calories and i ate salad and brown rice which were healthy.

Quote foxytina_69 View Post
    wow roxy thats great! good for you!!! do share what you did to get there
    Honestly, the only things that really worked for me was:

1. Calorie counting and using fitday every day.
    2. Yoga.

Unfortunately I'm an emotional eater and today was a horrible day at work for me, which means that my good eating took a back seat today. I'm so worn out that I'm not going to make it to the gym either.

Breakfast: OJ, Peanut butter granola bar

Snack: Grapes, tortilla chips

Lunch: MORE tortilla chips and salsa, 1/2 a small salad (lettuce & tomato)

Snack: A very large peppermint mocha (I needed a little pick me up after work. I figured I deserved it after my hellish day

Dinner: Who knows, some kind of comfort food, so obviously nothing health!

Day 6 of gluten free! I didn't lose any weight from last month, just two ounces. Haha. But my stomach looks flatter.

[Too much info warning] I didn't have a bowel movement today. I don't know what's up. This is not like me...[/warning]

Anyway I think I want to start exercising. I hope the weather gets nicer (stop raining!) so I can start walking. I normally just do some dancing in my room but that's boring now.

now that youre not eating gluten, and cutting out easy fibre sources, make sure youre getting lots of other high fiber starchy foods like brown rice and other whole grains! and try eating some other high fiber fruit/veg like an apple. thatll help get things moving!

today i didnt eat alot, but i didnt exercise either so thats okay. still feeling crappy.

Everyone here is doing so well - very inspiring! Good to see we all seem to be over our pmt now .

Today

DIET
    2 blueberry spelt pancakes (spelt had high protein, way more than wheat flour)
    2 potato spelt pancakes and salad
    veg hotpot with scone dough topping: potato, carrot, onion, beans, broadbeans, garlic, aduki beans, mung beans cooked in gravey and baked with scone dough over top.
    protein shake.

EXERCISE
    Body Pump (arms really becoming noticably toned now)

SUPPLIMENTS
    multi
    magnesium
    transendance flower remedies for uptight control freaks .

I really feel like I'm taking control of my weight issue at the moment. Still need to lose that kilo though!

Yogini

Quote wmenke View Post
    Unfortunately I'm an emotional eater and today was a horrible day at work for me, which means that my good eating took a back seat today.
    I can relate to that. I had a rough day yesterday (bad computer day), so came home and wolfed down 2 tempeh bacon sandwiches with avocado and vegan cheese, then a hunk of maple candy. I tried to offset this with 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, but that's a lot of fat and sugar.

I'm trying to get back on track today - breakfast is grapes, millet toast with a teaspoon of almond butter, and herbal tea. I started my day with 45 minutes of yoga and ten of meditation. Lunch will be white beans and green salad. I'm not sure about dinner yet. And I'm planning on getting in another half hour of yoga.

I've been pretty good about getting in my 8 cups of water per day, but I discovered root beer flavored stevia last weekend and am now drinking 12 - 16 cups a day. I've always hated stevia, but a little bit of the flavored liquid variety in my water makes it super-delectable. I've heard that there can be such a thing as too much water - does anybody know if there's a max for generally healthy people?

And this is off-topic, but I've just got to say it: it's cold here!!

Yogini

now that youre not eating gluten, and cutting out easy fibre sources, make sure youre getting lots of other high fiber starchy foods like brown rice and other whole grains!
    And legumes. Legumes have crazy fiber in them.

I'm mostly off gluten, too - it gives me arthritis. And it's not that bad.

now that youre not eating gluten, and cutting out easy fibre sources, make sure youre getting lots of other high fiber starchy foods like brown rice and other whole grains! and try eating some other high fiber fruit/veg like an apple. thatll help get things moving!

today i didnt eat alot, but i didnt exercise either so thats okay. still feeling crappy.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to go to the Bulk Barn and buy all sorts of gluten free grains. They label all of them.

pavotrouge

Bad day today... I never noticed until I started tracking my intake- when I'm stressed, I barely eat anything (usually I can eat all day)...

I still feel some illness inside; last week it looked as if it was a cold, today I was unconcentrated and had a headache all day...and I HAD to work after college because already three of my co-workers are ill...and it's not because I haven't eaten properly, it started this morning.

So no excercise today- will have something pasta-y for dinner and then try to concentrate and learn a bit for tomorrow's exam T_T

I hope your day was better?!

Sucks that you're getting sick! Try drinking a lot of herbal teas and fresh veggies and fruit. And rest of course!

Quote Yogini View Post
    I've heard that there can be such a thing as too much water - does anybody know if there's a max for generally healthy people?

And this is off-topic, but I've just got to say it: it's cold here!!
    Hey Yogini, you can drink too much water, but this doesn't usually happen to normal-folk, i read something about it when i was pretty bad with my eating disorder and was drinking 7-8 litres a day (to try and keep myself full) but you can only "drown" yourself if you drink it all at the one time, it isn't very common at all. The most likely people it happens to are like marathon runners and such because they get so dehydrated and try to rehydrate very quickly. Sorry if i went off an a tangent, but in answer to your question i think your doing fine, if your thirsty then drink, every body needs a different amount of water depending on their lifestyle, and I'd say with all the yoga your doing the water is providing a good detox aswell as keping you well hydrated

Meh - I'm not hungry today. I forced down a bowl of cereal this morning. Half a banana and a vegemite sandwich when I got home.

I'm gonna make myself have some soup soon. Don't really feel like it, but I'd better have something.

I'm trying to lose weight too. So far I've lost 5 pounds in 1 1/2 week... not too bad, eh? I just eat half (or sometimes 75%) portions, that's it, no complicated diets for me. I also don't eat any candy, sugary drinks or chips. My goal is to weigh 115 (my "normal" weight) and I'm now 125.

I'm always a little hungry, but it's really not too bad, I don't have huge cravings or feeling too deprived. I love the lightness! No more bloating either.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

take care of yourself pavotrouge, try to keep your eating up and your strength up!

roxy, its okay. sometimes our bodies would just rather not eat very much. it must be busy focusing on something else.

kriz thats great!! good for you!

today i did a 20 minute interval workout on my exercise bike, and i also got in some walking, but it was my cheat day so i ate too much crap. ohwell.

this is how my stuff measured up for the day, really high calorie due to the cheat day factor, but good that it was high in fiber and protein atleast:

calories: 1954
    fat: 25%
    fiber: 28 grams
    protein: 52 grams

i burned about 300 calories with my workout today.

i got 500 mg extra of sodium today so i will no doubt be bloated and puffy tommorow, especially also from the gluten. but im drinking lots of water now to help.

today i did the 20 minute full body exercise ball workout. phew.

Yesterday was day 7 of eating gluten free. I am running out of meal ideas, especially non-cereal breakfasts (that I don't have to cook too). I bought some quinoa and millet, though. I can use it to replace rice because rice is boring most of the time.

I'm on antibiotics for a UTI and I'm feeling kinda crummy. So I didn't exercise or eat healthy yesterday. I didn't write what I ate in the "what did you eat today" thread.

pavotrouge

What about a Japanese breakfast with miso soup and rice, tigerlilly? I love to make that when I had friends sleep over (too lazy to make it just for myself most of the time, though I've got a rice cooker and all). My Japanese collegue also likes plain rice with green tea on it for breakfast- sounds weird, but is actually great.

Thanx everyone... I went to college for the exam but didn't attend the regular classes.

Instead, I went home, slept all morning, then went for a walk and bought a lot of nice foods at my fave organic supermarket (also a herbal tea called "Tiger tea" which is amazing).

I'm feeling better now, but still a bit dizzy at times.

I never tried miso soup, and wouldn't that require cooking? In the mornings, I'm quite hungry and unable to wait 20 minutes for something to cook. I'm one of those weirdos who NEEDS breakfast.

Tina......you're so good lol - i eat so much more than 1900 calories on my cheat day! It's great to see that your lungs must be doing well, and that you're able to be getting so much exercise in! Good for your girlfriend LOL!

I've lost 3 more pounds. I'm now 136. I didn't actually mean to lose those 3. It's just that I've not been hungry for the last couple of days........so have eaten barely anything.

You're right Tina - I think my body is concentrating on something else. I'm going to take some supplements this morning because if I'm not getting all the proper nutrients, I'm bound to get sick and I don't want that.

pavotrouge

Ok, that's my problem with the miso soup, too...but you can prepare it the night before and then just heat it up and add the miso paste.

Can't you get any gluten-free breads and rolls over there?

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    I never tried miso soup, and wouldn't that require cooking? In the mornings, I'm quite hungry and unable to wait 20 minutes for something to cook. I'm one of those weirdos who NEEDS breakfast.
    Miso soup can be almost instant. Either pour boiling water on the contents of the packet or add boiling water to a spoonful of the paste. I suppose it cooks in the cup or the bowl.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys. I don't know, I'll check out miso soup. I don't think they make vegan instant miso soup here. I've seen them before and they call contain bonito (fish flakes). But I'll look into making miso soup from scratch for supper sometime.

They do make gluten free breads but at 5.99 a tiny loaf, it's not something I can indulge in daily. My baking sucks, so I doubt I could make some myself and I don't really have the motivation or energy anyway.

As for eating too fast, you end up taking in far more calories than you need. Eat a small/moderate protion. If you're still hungry, force yourself to get up and walk away from the table for 20 minutes. By the time 20 minutes is up, the sugar will be starting to reach your bloodstream and odds are, you won't be hungry anymore.

Good tip, thanks.

Seaside

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    You aren't supposed to cook miso paste, Tigerlily, or you will spoil the enzymes. Just mix a spoonful into hot water. Try some soba noodles sometime, too. They are made of buckwheat, which in spite of its name is not related to true wheat, and is therefore gluten free. They are delicious, and would be a nice change from rice noodles. Gomasio is a nice addition to miso soup, too. Its a mixture of sesame seeds and salt.
    Start off with a fresh miso paste, preferably one that is lighter in color. Miso is an acquired taste for some. I didn't like the first miso I tried, but it was the dried instant soup variety. I LOVE miso paste, though.

I guess I'll try it. But I've been reading recipes and they all require dashi and that takes time to make...

Seaside

I never put dashi in mine. I hardly ever follow recipes, either. I just boil water, add whatever I want in the soup, and then add the miso when its done. Sometimes all I have is the miso broth, with some Nama Shoyu (really good soy sauce), so it doesn't take any longer than making tea.

Ahh, so it's not real miso soup. I don't know if I would like that for a breakfast, though. I sort of like sweet things. Bah, I complain a lot.

thanks roxy i wish i could keep losing weight but i keep eating too many chips. argh! i think building so much muscle will help though, as it burns calories all day even at rest. im feeling more toned but i havent lost anymore weight its a little discouraging.

tigerlily, try this recipe that i posted for banana bread, except for muffins, but use brown rice flour. its soooooo delicious and filling and wonderful in the morning, especially cut in half with a little vegan butter on it and warmed. its so yummy. you can add lots of things to it like dried fruits or chocolate chips or nuts.

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthr...t=banana+bread

or the pancakes i gave you the recipe to, with brown rice flour instead of wheat flour. theyre delicious too.

the muffins are easier though cause you can make them on the weekend or something and then have them for the mornings already made.

Thanks.

So I've been gluten-free for almost a week and a half.

By the end of it, I was eating a lot of corn (tortillas and popcorn) and it really made me really gassy with "gas cramps". Although corn is classified as gluten free...hmm.

I did have gluten today. Twice. White bread at church, and white pita bread for supper. And maybe the soy ice cream has gluten too, I didn't examine the ingredients like a hawk (only scanned it for animal products).

My stomach feels really "tight". I'll know by tomorrow if the wheat effected me. But I did eat a lot of deep fried foods today, too bad. I can't really know if the feeling is from the fatty foods (that I don't eat regularly) or from the wheat itself.

I want to know if I do indeed have a gluten intolerance or just a wheat intolerance/allergy. Or maybe just general IBS towards grains and starches? I don't think I have a soy allergy because I have been having these issues before veganism.

well good job on doing what youve been doing to find out!

today i ate okay and exercised. (15 minutes on the exercise bike and 15 walking) gained 2 pounds from eating flour on thursday though, although i think i lost 1 of them. so only 1 pound than.

Ok, so lately (about the last month, month and half, or so) I have had the absolute worse gas, along with other stomache issues, pains, cramping, bloating, diarehea about an hour after eating meals. It's getting out of control to the point that I'm almost scared to eat anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's not after every meal, but at least once a day. I can't seem to pin point what foods are making me feel this way. It doesn't seem to be beans so much like I thought that it might. Does anyone have any insights/suggestions?

Have you added any new foods to your diet that you normally don't consume or consume in such large volume as you're eating now? Soy? Some grains?