Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Your day sounds really healthy Yogini.

TODAY

EXERCISE

1 hour step class

DIET

1 slice vegemite wholegrain toast
    1 protein shake
    2 burritos vegan cheeese & not sour cream
    1 protein shake
    grilled tofu topped with mix of tomatoes,onion. green chillis, lemon. herbs.
    fruit snack.

SUPPLIMENTS

multi
    iron
    B12 x 2
    primrose oil
    kelp
    fat blaster metabolism suppliment.

WEIGHT

current-73.6 kgs goal -65kgs

Yogini

Getting fit and healthy sure is great. But there is a downside - having to replace my clothes so frequently. I just bought the jeans I'm wearing about four months ago but spent today stopping every five minutes to hitch them up because they were falling down my hips. This is getting kind of pricey.

Quote Yogini View Post
    I just bought the jeans I'm wearing about four months ago but spent today stopping every five minutes to hitch them up because they were falling down my hips. This is getting kind of pricey.

Buy a belt.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

I ordered some skipping workout DVDs and started my workout today. I've been having trouble finding some form of exercise that I really like, but this is fun - it's supposed to tone your entire body. And it supposedly burns 1000 calories an hour Highly recommended

wow fiamma thats great. what are the dvds called?

ive had my ups and downs with eating healthy, because i started eating a lot of take out a few weeks ago, but in the past week ive gotten back into my healthy eating again.

i got some healthy groceries today. i got plums, nectarines, black grapes and salad mix. we also have bananas and other veggies. we have been buying fruit for our snacks now, and if i do want chips, i get veggie chips, but i really havent cared for chips that much lately anyhow. ive been drawn towards healthier things. ive been eating baked potatoes instead of fries or anything like that, and brown rice as my main whole grain. i also got some mesa sunrise cereal from natures path. its gluten free cereal that is made with amaranth and quinoa and other whole grains. its the highest fiber and protein gluten free cereal ive seen yet. (4 grams each per cup) usually gluten free cereals are just sugary crap and theyve got no nutrition, so i was extremely delighted when i found out about this cereal. ive also been drinking soymilk instead of sugary drinks. soymilk and produce are making up the bulk of our diets now, and ive been adding lentils or peas to my brown rice for extra protein, and eating more baked beans or high protein foods. ive been trying to focus on eating whole foods and home made foods.

i havent been drinking enough water though! but i will when i get my new hydracoach bottle! woohoo.

ive also been exercising a lot. ive been alternating between my exercise ball full body workout, and the exercise bike, regularly. and ive been going for walks a lot. (well, its the only way i can get around so ive got to walk)

the couple of weeks of crappy eating put a dent in the weight i lost though. so i need to lose most of it again. but ohwell, i guess the only way you can stick with healthy eating is to remember that eating crappy once in a while doesnt mean you have to continue eating crappy, and that sticking to healthy eating is trail and error and has to become a habit.

i believe healthy weight loss AND becoming healthy isnt about what you take away from your diet. its about what you add. when you think about it as oh i have to take this away and that away, well, it doesnt make you as successful. but if you think about it as "i dont have to take anything away from my diet, i simply have to eat MORE. i have to eat more fruits, veggies, whole grains and proteins" naturally, adding more healthy foods to your diet keeps you full longer and chances are youre not going to reach for something unhealthy. so even if i eat something unhealthy, i dont think oh i cant eat other things than. i think, well, ill just eat a fruit or something else to balance it out.

ive learned that losing weight and becoming healthy isnt about eating less. it really is about eating more. eating more healthy things. it doesnt matter if you screw up on your healthy diet. forget about it, and eat a nutritious whole food meal, and your body will be more than happy and you wont care for unhealthy foods.

when i eat healthy, i find its hard to even get enough calories because im so stuffed from all the healthy stuff. i realize that we only live once, and for the best me that i can be, i must fuel myself with the best food that i can afford. its okay to have ups and downs in your diet, as long as the MAJORITY of it is healthy and whole. thats all that matters. forget about whatever it was that you ate and feel guilty about since its not healthy. use it as a lesson to reach for something healthier next time.

these are the things that i am learning through this journey.

i also find it funny that when you eat fruit as a snack, you dont have any dishes afterwards. most fruit comes with its own "dish" hahaha.

steev has joined me on my venture of eating healthier. weve tried many new fruits this year, and his two new favorites are dragon fruit and blood oranges. i find it funny because he LOVES them and wants to eat them all the time now.

eating healthy is also really about experimenting i think. trying new things youve never tried before. like new grains, vegan proteins or fruits. eating should be fun, delicious, AND healthy. healthy doesnt have to mean bland and boring.

im also really starting to think about maybe doing something in fitness for a career. as i get older, i start to like business better (it runs in my family but i never thought i had it in me, but im starting to become interested) and i really love the idea of being something like a yoga instructor and having my own studio in my own house in the future. i always say that i would like to beable to stay at home with my children, but i dont want to not be making money either. it would be great if i could work from home, doing something in a field that promotes health and well being. probably my biggest passion in life is that. and i love helping people, and being there for others. i also think it would be amazing to have a job that not only you get to do something that teaches and helps others with their own health goals, you also stay healthy yourself with the regular exercise as a job. health is something that interests me immensely, but im wondering if naturopathy is something that would take up too much of my time, and too much time away from my family. again, im a very family oriented person, and i would love to beable to do something where i can still take care of my family in the midst of it.

i would also love to maybe look into nutrition as something else as a career. i think it would be great to make money everyday from helping others and teaching others about health. i really think i could wake up everyday happy knowing that i was making my income on something i love to do anyways.

im always helping my friends and family with health issues, and its pretty much my main interest. i read about it everyday, and learn new things all the time about health, and everyone i know always comes to me for health advice. so imagine if i made it a career?

these are the things im thinking about, and they are definitely something im considering. imagine a job where your main priority was your own healthyness? that would be great for me.

im very excited about it all.

anyways, those are my fit and healthy thoughts of the day LOL.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Hi Tina! I'm rediscovering fruit and vegetables at the moment too LOL. It's always hard for me to get back eating healthy, because those first couple days I go through "withdrawal" because I'm used to having a big chocolate bar or chocolate milk for dessert, so not having it makes me feel like I'm missing out and I go right back to eating chocolate the next day. But if I can get through 2 or 3 days with no junk food, it gets so easy after that and, like you said, you don't even want it anymore!

Being a yoga instructor at home sounds like an awesome career choice for you, since you're family-oriented and want to help people be healthy, but don't want a career to take over your life. And getting to do such healthy and relaxing exercise every day will be so satisfying! Good luck Tina!

I haven't visited this thread in ages, because I haven't really been doing any exercise at all. I got a flat tire on my bike back in October and finally got it fixed in January, but then it was "too cold" to ride it to school every day (that was just my excuse at the time lol). Also, I used to do situps every morning, but having 8:30 classes every day and not being an early riser put a stop to that. But then yesterday for the first time in months, I did 50 situps and rode my bike to school! It was VERY obvious how out of shape I am though; I used to be able to do 250 situps, and I had to walk my bike the rest of the way up a hill on the way to school. So it will be interesting to watch myself get better and better again until I'm back to my fit self again. I'll keep visiting this thread for inspiration as I continue on my way!
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

I know this thread was started a year ago...but I am new to this site. The reason I first became vegan was because of health. I am a recovering alcoholic/addict who put on an extra 100 pounds after getting sober because of substituting drugs and alcohol with non-nutritional processed junk food. Because of my addictions and lack of knowledge about diet and exercise I developed cardiomyopathy, an enlarged spleen, a fatty liver, high blood pressure and many other ailments. In January I decided enough was enough.....I topped the scale at 300 pounds....talk about a wake up call. So on January 5th, I made the decision to change my life.....physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually....all or nothing. I first took out all carbonated sodas....all artificial sweeteners....all processed flour and sugar....all processed meats...most sat fat and trans fats.......doing that was a start....plus I started walking for 30 minutes everyday. As I started doing more research...I discovered just how harmful animal products are....not only to our health..but in regards to life in general. I vowed at that moment to become vegan. Since I made that vow....I have lost almost 40 pounds....have become aware of life around me.....and have discovered the art of Ahimsa...a sanskrit word that means..."no-harm"....a form of divine compassion. I have since gone back to work (I was off for a year due to health issues) and am starting to LIVE my life instead of just existing.

With my history out of the way.....here are my goals.....
    To loose another 100 pounds
    To lower my cholesterol by 100 points
    To get off my blood pressure pills
    To get down to only taking one heart pill
    TO bring more awareness of healthy eating to the ppl I love

as of today...i am down from 300 pounds to 263 pounds.
    My heart function has improved 15%
    I have cut out half of my heart pills

Namaste...
    Debbie (Nunya)
    "The opposite of war isn't peace...it's creation"

Wow Debbie, what an incredible story! I wish you all the best I truly think that if you want to do the best for your body then a vegan diet is a great way to go. Glad you found us Let us know your progress.

Foxytina the DVDs are made by a company called Ropesport in California. You should find them if you Google. I'm sure all workouts say they're the next best thing, but this does seem to be pretty revolutionary. It's kind of like a dance/aerobics workout with a skipping rope. I've only done a couple of workouts, but I've had a blast. And I'm not a huge exercise fan.

Debbie, I wish you luck and strength on your journey. Keep us posted
    here comes the sun

Great thread

I need to get fit, I haven't exercised properly in about 10 years due to a seriously bad back. After trying pretty much everything else though (painkillers, phsio, chiropratcor, acupuncture etc...) I think the way to go is to strengthen my back up and generally get much fitter.
    So, I'm going to start off with swimming once a week and gradually increase it, I've also brought a pilates video (I wish I could find a class near to me) and I'm going to do some light weights.
    I also need to lose about 2 stone. The only thing I find though is that every time I lose weight my boobs shrink terribly (and they're not all that big to start with)

i haven't posted on this thread for ages!!!

i have started to get fit again after being ill since beginning of january.

Have been swimming a couple of times a week, and have started playing squash again. I also went to the gym for the first time this year on monday

I am also on day 21 of having no alcohol, which has always been my downfall in the past
    I dont get crunchy people?

woooo veganbikerboy......congrats on 21 days. It was one of the most difficult things I did....but it has led to amazing life changes for me. I think back at al the things I've put my body through and am amazed that I am still alive. I must have some purpose on this earth.

Hi nunya515
    Every one has a purpose. You are a puzzle piece in the picture of life. If your piece is missing it won`nt become a whole picture and that would be a shame. Happy for you`re awakening and that you are taking care of yourself.

Thank you Marie for your supportive message....and thank you to everyone else. It is so nice to find this amazing support group. It's been a little difficult here because I don't know any other vegans, and most the people in my life think I'm being extreme and going through a phase.

been for a swim tonight and playing squash at 7 in the morning
    I dont get crunchy people?

Quote veganbikerboy View Post
    i have started to get fit again after being ill since beginning of january.
    That's because your body mass was 99% alcohol

I'm hoping my physio will okay me to start light training, hopefully by the end of the month.

I've put on about 14 kilos in the last twelve months - and I was hoping to lose some before that lot came along

If i had not bumped into VBB it might have only been 7 kilos

I'm weighing in at 14 stone and i'm going for 2 pounds a month weight loss to bring me down to 12 stone by May next year, if not sooner.

So watch this space.
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Quote veganbikerboy View Post
    ...playing squash at 7 in the morning
    I'll have to bring my racquet next time I'm up...

I swam for 45 minutes yesterday, and this morning I'm going to have a run at the beach.

Good sperm

3 mile run today
    And lately been using my free Tuesday and Thursday afternoons to do a long gym workout (20min cycle, 10min row, 20 min yoga, 500m/30 min swim)
    Good for stress-busting and fat-busting!

Run today was lovely, I do need to run more cos it makes me feel great. Got a bit of a niggling injury though, and I'm too bendy to find a stretch that'll help stretch it!
    I guess Yoga has its downsides..

good job everyone

well ive been exercising a lot. i exercised 5 times last week! thats a lot for me. ive also been eating mostly healthy, but i never do aswell on the weekends as i do on weekdays. i wonder why that is. i guess i let my guard down too much on the weekends.

im going to have a sort of stirfry for dinner with lentils and brown rice and peas and carrots, and some soy milk.

i want to eat as much whole food as i can.

i need to drink more water. that should be my goal for the week.

my asthmas been bad, so im trying to balance working out and keeping my asthma under control, which is a hard thing to balance when all you want to do is exercise. it really sucks to not beable to exercise as much as i would like to. i get such a rush from exercising, i just love it so much. but ive got to be careful with my lungs and heart.

i did my full body exercise ball workout last night. ive been doing it a lot and am noticing a change in my muscles. my arm muscles and hips and butt and thighs and stomach and shoulders and back are all a little more defined just from a couple weeks of doing strength training regularly.

not much fat loss though because cardio is so hard for me to do, but ive been on my exercise bike and go for walks at least 3 times a week. strength training ive been doing 2 times a week. my main goal in all of this is HEALTH. i just want to be healthy and feel healthy for once in my life. its really driving me to exercise often!
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Quote absentmindedfan View Post
    3 mile run today
    And lately been using my free Tuesday and Thursday afternoons to do a long gym workout (20min cycle, 10min row, 20 min yoga, 500m/30 min swim)
    Good for stress-busting and fat-busting!

Run today was lovely, I do need to run more cos it makes me feel great. Got a bit of a niggling injury though, and I'm too bendy to find a stretch that'll help stretch it!
    I guess Yoga has its downsides..
    Wow, makes me tired just reading that This thread is making me realise just how lazy and unfit I've become recently.

I used to go the gym at least 3 times a week. Now the only exercise I get is walking to and from the office I'm putting on weight (not a bad thing) and desperately need to tone up at the same time.

I've promised myself I'll use my free gym session tomorrow after work, and go from there. Also would love to try Yoga or Pilates or something like that...
    "Born on the same planet, Covered by the same skies..."

Yogini

I was sick as anything last week and didn't work out at all. The long period of bed rest of large amounts of orange juice caused a two pound weight gain, half of which is now gone. I did some very gentle yoga on Saturday, 30 lackadaisical but still exhausting minutes on the elliptical Sunday, and plan to do 30 minutes of Pilates tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to shoot for 40 minutes on the elliptical.

The somewhat balmy temperatures today inspired me to pick up some warm weather tops when I went to replace to alarm clock I broke last night. I tried them on, they're very cute, but know what? I need to do some work on my upper arms, pronto. Fortunately your arms and shoulders tend to tone up quickly. I finally received an arms, buns, and thighs Pilates DVD I ordered nearly a month ago, so as soon as I'm back on my game, it's Pilates arms for me!

foxytina_69, i have severe asthma and i found gradually improving my fitness over a year (and cutting out dairy when i became vegan ) alivitaed my symptoms. i can now to full rounds of sparring without an inhaler, and i did a 5k run at christmas. it takes time, but exercising will hopefully improve your symptoms too!

i found that cycling, swimming (as long as you don't hold your breath! ), rowing and weights were the best places for me to start. the worst ones for me were running and cross training, which i did 2 mins of at the start and gradually built it up, but i don't think they'll ever be as strong as a non-asthmatic.

You are all so inspiring
    A friend told me yesterday that she was going for a run this morning and asked if I'd like to join her. Before I knew what was happening my mouth opened and I said "Yes, I'd love to" (where did that come from?? )
    So this morning we ran/walked for just over an hour and it was so much fun! I was totally knackered but also exhilarated and a teeny bit proud of myself as I have been very lazy recently . Now we plan to go once a week and maybe start swimming soon.
    here comes the sun

I have been following a vegan diet for almost two months now (after being lacto-ovo for 8 years) and although I initially lost almost 10 lbs. I am starting to put weight back on as I have become more reliant on convenience foods. Now that I have become accustomed to no dairy in my diet my goal is to focus on becoming the healthiest vegan I can be!

- I will stop eating vegan cookies for breakfast...that will require some planning and time management.
    - I will cut down on my coffee intake...no more than one 12-oz serving/day.
    - More fresh fruits and veggies!
    - Less refined soy products
    - Exercise at least 3 days a week...ideally five.
    - Sleep at least 8 hrs./night...to have the energy to exercise!

Those sound like good resolutions spanishtryst I think cookies and cupcakes are OK if eaten in the morning, at least you have time to burn them off. As long as it's not every morning.

Talking about swimming, has anyone seen that iPod you can use underwater? I find swimming pretty tedious because I normally swim 1km when I go. But my worry would be shelling out the money, then finding out the pool has a rule against using them or something....

I'm starting to put some weight back on too. I lost 5lbs but I gained it back once I stopped watching what I ate. I want to buy new jeans (because I NEED them). I've decided to buy them only if I lost 7lbs.

I want to stop eating so much sugary foods and salty foods.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

But if you need them Tigerlily why punish youself? I'd get seriously disheartened if it were me. Unless you don't want to buy another pair when it does come off. I love your new avatar and signature BTW

I can't afford to buy a new pair once the weight does come off.

At least you haven't got much weight to lose, you looked fine in your photo
    Me and Corum are fat b....ds and have to lose 28 pounds pronto! We are joining the local gym next week and will be spending a lot of time in there...and starving We've decided that this is the last summer we are having rolls of flab hanging over our swimsuits.
    Silent but deadly :p

Most of my weight is in my belly. My upper body looks fine and all my pics are only of my upper body.

Today I had strawberries and bananas dipped in raw agave nectar for breakfast instead of my customary cereal! And I've done 50 situps and 10 leg lifts. Since I'm home all day, I'll probably do more exercises througout the day. My stomach and thighs are the only part of my body I don't like. Why do men always have the flat stomachs and firm thighs that I want??? LOL

That sounds delicious, Yoggy. Are you trying to eat raw? Well, when you're not eating raw, you should try mashed strawberries with kiwi slices in plain soy yogurt. And drizzled with agave nectar. MMM!

I started counting calories yesterday. Yesterday I ate around 1800! But today I tried to chose lower-calorie food ideas.

Here's my stats for today:

Calories 1,416
    Fat 33g (19.9% of my calories, the recommended percentage is 30%)
    Carbs 236g (63.8% of my calories, the recommended percentage is 55%)
    Protein 60g (16.3% of my calories, the recommended percentage is 15%)

I also added the option of tracking fiber (got 33g) and B12 levels (249% RDI).

My fat intake is lower than recommended and my carb intake is a little higher. I'll try to get them to the recommended amount but it's hard, since a vegan diet typically is high-carb/low-fat. I am having no problem getting enough protein or vitamin B12--which most people think vegans are low on. I proved them wrong.

Well we bit the bullet and have just handed over loads of money to the local gym!!!
    we're doing our induction next week and have put ourselves down for unlimited gym and swimming so we'll do 3 gym sessions a week and 2-3 swims.
    By summer we will be gods (maybe).
    I'm refuse to spend another summer hidden under baggy clothes.
    Silent but deadly :p

Wow Hemlock! You sound really determined! I know from experience that having someone to work out/swim with makes it soooo much easier to stay commited. I wish you and Corum much success in your ambitions . Send some of your enthusiasm my way please
    here comes the sun

Congratulations on taking that first step Hemlock and Corum! Best of luck to both of you!

Today I finally went past 50 situps! I did 70 situps and 30 leg lifts (lie flat on your back and lift your legs toward your chest). I could feel my thighs getting a workout too during the leg lifts. I want to start doing lunges too to help work my thighs.

I'm out of fruit, so I had to resort to a bagel for breakfast. But at least it's flourless and full of sprouted grains, so I can feel a little better about that.

I have to go to school today to do homework in the computer lab. My regular bus doesn't run on Sundays, so usually I make the 5 minute bike ride to a different bus route and put my bike on the bus for the rest of the trip to school. But if it's not raining then I plan on biking the whole way (20-30 mins). I hope the weather's nice this afternoon!

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    Most of my weight is in my belly. My upper body looks fine and all my pics are only of my upper body.
    Well if you're and adult female it is normal to have some fat in your stomach, hips and bottom. If you compare yourself with fashion models and actresses, you might think you need to lose weight when maybe you don't. Personally I take a size 14 jeans but I know I am a healthy weight and don't need to lose any.

I am doing a 5K race this coming Sunday, and I have cut down my running so I can be fresh for it. I didn't exercise for 3 days, and I felt so awful!! I was tired and had a persistent headache that just wouldn't go away. Yesterday I ran at the gym, and while I felt better that just didn't do it for me.
    In the afternoon I took my kids to the library and the park. They both wanted to ride their bicycles, so I figured I would just walk with my son while he was on his bike. I ended up having to run with him-he was riding much faster than before. I ran almost two miles, and I feel better than I have in a week!
    I could run for 2 hours at the gym, and it still wouldn't make me feel as good as running outside for 20 minutes.

Quote herbwormwood View Post
    Well if you're and adult female it is normal to have some fat in your stomach, hips and bottom. If you compare yourself with fashion models and actresses, you might think you need to lose weight when maybe you don't. Personally I take a size 14 jeans but I know I am a healthy weight and don't need to lose any.
    Unfortunately, my stomach sticks out like a pregnant woman and I'd rather it not look like that.

I weigh 150lbs, and I'm 5'2. I am considered overweight for my height. I'm not some 120lb 5'8 girl saying she needs to lose weight (like you probably think I am).

Online conversion: http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_common.htm

Yogini

Personally I take a size 14 jeans but I know I am a healthy weight and don't need to lose any.
    I find it really interesting how different bodies can be composed in different ways. I don't in any way doubt your assessment that you're a healthy weight, but I also wear size 14 and I know I'm overweight (I'm 5' 2.5" and 155 lbs.) But I know perfectly well that a woman who wears the same size could be composed in a way that does make that a healthy size for her. The human body is so funny.

My doctor last week told me I had to lose some weight, so here I am! I want to lose around 5 stone (a lot I know). Im slowly getting into my new diet, have change breakfast and lunch into healthy meals now, e.g.

Breakfast= Porridge, fruit.
    Lunch= Salad with for example baked sweet potato.

Ive cut out most unhealthy snacks, ive been nibbling on dried fruit. Its just dinner I have to change now.

Does anyone know of any websites that show you how to do some exercises which you can do at home? I can't really afford to be going to the gym, and I allready walk everywhere I go. I thought about getting an exercise dvd, does anyone do those here?

Quote Yogini View Post
    I find it really interesting how different bodies can be composed in different ways. I don't in any way doubt your assessment that you're a healthy weight, but I also wear size 14 and I know I'm overweight (I'm 5' 2.5" and 155 lbs.) But I know perfectly well that a woman who wears the same size could be composed in a way that does make that a healthy size for her. The human body is so funny.
    You are right. I am on the low end of the BMI and people often comment on how tiny I am. I'm actually just over 7 and a half stone (105 pounds) and 5 feet 2 " but I have large wide hips which don't have much fat on them. I get very annoyed on some mail order catalogues when I have to buy large size trousers and underwear. Natural Collection and People Tree in particular.
    Tigerlily, maybe you need specific exercises for your stomach. Sit ups (stomach crunches) are really good for toning the stomach, as are reclining exercise bike. The sit ups take a while to show an effect but they really do work!
    I see this thread is turning into a bit of a weight loss thread.
    Personally I have not been able to do much over the last few weeks. The landlord decided to renew all the bathrooms where I live. I have been ill since they started. First off they opened up the wall and took asbestos out. That's when I started coughing, with all the dust from them opening up the wall (not from asbestos I hope, as they used safety procedures). Then I got a chest infection. I coughed and sneezed so much I damaged muscles in my abdomen so severely that there was a bruise. I couldn't talk much and I was in severe pain. I also had to get up early every day to wait in for all the workmen, plumbers, joiners, plasterers, tilers, painters and now I am waiting for electricians. They took my toilet away about 4 times, and they were busy in the bathroom with all their equipment.The amount of dust was phenonenal, and the noise! Then I got a septic finger and had to have it lanced. So no gym for me for over 3 weeks now.
    It certainly made me feel for people who have no bathroom of their own, people in refugee camps and hovels without bathrooms.
    Last edited by herbwormwood; Mar 21st, 2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: more info

I'm new to this forum and really excited to get fit and healthy!!! Ok, so here's a little background:

Last summer, I was working out and had a job which required me to move alot. I started loosing weight. My goal weight was 125. I managed to get down from 140 lbs to 133 lbs. Then last July, I started a new job which requires me to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. I went through a period of depression where I would eat a lot of comfort food and sit in front of the TV. Because of this, I've gained 12 pounds. Now that winter is winding down, I really want to get back to working on my goal. I became a vegan on Jan. 1st (yeah!). I did it for animal rights reasons, but I've noticed that I started loosing a little bit of weight since I changed my eating habits. This month, I've been keeping track of my fat grams and calories and really making an effort to eat more healthy food.

My goals are:
    Go from 140lbs to 125lbs (my same goal last year).
    Walk for 30 minutes after work and for an hour on the weekends (I can't afford a membership to the gym yet).
    Cut out alchohol and junk food.
    Eat more healthfully.

I love reading this forum and I'm also excited to see there are people who have similar goals as mine. Keep up the good work everybody

Why are you so against me losing weight? I weigh 50lbs heavier than you and I'm the same height. Imagine yourself with 50 extra pounds. Wouldn't you want to lose weight if you were the weight? Don't say no because I'm sure you would.

This thread was always a weight loss thread, read the first post made.

Christina I have a skipping workout DVD and I love it - I never thought I'd like them but this one is great.

Personally I have no problem at all with anyone whose goal is weight loss. Weight loss is as reasonable a goal as any other. Some people want to be able to do a certain number of situps, others want to eat healthier, and others want to lose weight. The goal of the thread is health, so as long as you lose weight at a healthy rate, it's all good in my opinion

I'm so proud of myself! I came home late, way too tired to cook anything. I was about to pour myself a big bowl of chocolate Koala Krisp cereal, but when I opened the fridge for the soymilk I saw some strawberries and had a big bowl of sliced strawberries dipped in agave nectar instead!

I didn't do any situps today, but my goal for tomorrow is 100.

Oh Tigerlily, I just realised I didn't answer your previous question. No, I'm not aiming for a certain percentage of raw in my diet, but I would like to eat at least a serving or 2 of raw fruits or vegetables every day. I always feel better eating something fresh every day, and it makes me feel good about myself eating something so healthy, so it makes me not want to "contaminate" my stomach with junk LOL.

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    Why are you so against me losing weight? I weigh 50lbs heavier than you and I'm the same height. Imagine yourself with 50 extra pounds. Wouldn't you want to lose weight if you were the weight? Don't say no because I'm sure you would.

This thread was always a weight loss thread, read the first post made.
    I'm not against you losing weight. I just don't want you to feel bad about yourself.

Do you need a lot of room for the skipping DVD Fiamma??

Weight-loss folks:
    I've recently added a LOT of fresh fruit to my diet. Think 50% fruit, 30% vegs, and 20% grains. I'm averaging about 1300 calories a day, but am rarely hungry. Maybe this will help other people?
    I switched to this when I noticed dried fruit was too easy to over-eat since it wasn't very filling.

I'm not against you losing weight. I just don't want you to feel bad about yourself.
    Well I already do feel bad about my weight, so that's why I want to lose weight.