Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

poor witchy, i hope you feel better soon. you should have a bath with epsom salts, or use an epsom salt soak. it helps muscle pain immensely.

good job amf and sugar!

well guess what everyone. i got some exercise yesterday! steev got me a skipping rope. i can only do like a minute at a time, in increments, but spread throughout the day it equals a good amount of exercise! and the skipping rope is really great for overall fitness.

i did about 10 minutes of skipping rope in total, and about 10 minutes of lunges, and some dancing around.

i thought any exercise is good so i did whatever i could think of. and the fact that i only did a minute at a time prevented me from getting sick.

my eating hasnt been good because ive been eating the holiday leftovers, but steev got me salad today so i will eat better today.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Thumbs up Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Quote foxytina_69 View Post
    poor witchy, i hope you feel better soon. you should have a bath with epsom salts, or use an epsom salt soak. it helps muscle pain immensely.

good job amf and sugar!

well guess what everyone. i got some exercise yesterday! steev got me a skipping rope. i can only do like a minute at a time, in increments, but spread throughout the day it equals a good amount of exercise! and the skipping rope is really great for overall fitness.

i did about 10 minutes of skipping rope in total, and about 10 minutes of lunges, and some dancing around.

i thought any exercise is good so i did whatever i could think of. and the fact that i only did a minute at a time prevented me from getting sick.

my eating hasnt been good because ive been eating the holiday leftovers, but steev got me salad today so i will eat better today.
    YAY! go foxy!

thanks vavavegan! like you said, itll help me feel better overall. it got my blood going and i felt great to get some exercise. gotta get my lungs and heart in tip top shape. even if its 1 minute at a time

i forgot to say, i burned app. 244 calories anyone whos looking for a really cheap way to get fit and burn a lot of cals, get a skipping rope. we got it from the dollar store for $1.50. it burns 11 cals a minute. that is more than even running! (well at a low speed i mean. under 7 miles an hour. 6 miles an hour is 9 calories a minute. 7 miles an hour is 11, so that matches up with skipping rope) so thats great for me because i cant run. i sure would love to though. maybe thisll get me more fit so i can do more cardio stuff.

Pointless me posting monthly on this thread at the moment.

I was preparing to lose two stone that had developed as part of ill health - but which had stayed with me despite overcoming that health issue.

Unfortuately I have bad nerve compression through my spine and this is restricting a lot of things. Can't exercise, must do less driving, less computer work etc. The result is potentially more weight until the issue has been resolved.

It keeps coming back. It paralyses the upper right hand side of my torso with excruciating pain. I need strong pain killers (which don't really work), lots of physio, acupuncture, interferential, etc. But the worst was this current one and I had to have injections in my neck and back to help me along.

So I might not lose the two stone I was hoping to by my target date of 1st May next year.

Instead, i've got to keep focused now on getting this problem resolved as it keeps screwing things up for me.
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

hi frank

im so sorry to hear about your problems, they sound very painful. do you have any plans on how youre going to get it all sorted out? pain killers never seem to be strong enough do they? there are some very very strong ones, like delodid and fentanyl. of course there is also codeine, morphine, and valium and some benzodiazepines. i hope that you will find something that works very soon.

i did more exercise today. a few sports games on the wii and 10 minutes of full body strength training, and 10 minutes of jump rope. im getting stronger already! i can only do a couple minutes at a time but it really seems to be helping. i burned 400 something calories though. thats quite a lot.

i got sick from it though. had to take my nebulizer and almost passed out and vomited. i wish it wasnt so hard for me. (im not even doing it all at once. i do the jump rope 20-40 seconds at a time depending on how much i can do without killing myself lol)

i ate pretty well also. i ate often (i dont eat a whole meal lately, lately ill eat half of it and then later eat the other half etc.) so thats going to keep my metabolism up, and i never let myself go hungry.

ive been able to handle things at small amounts at a time. like food and exercise. just a little each time over the day.

ive noticed quite a lot of difference in my body since starting exercise and ive only done it a couple times. my body must have been really in need of it. the sides of my body are smoother (not so uneven and squishy), my inside thighs are smaller, my outside thighs when sitting up in bed have gone in on the sides, my bum is more taut and less squishy, and i can pull myself up in the bath.
    Last edited by foxytina_69; Oct 15th, 2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: changed things i wrote after my workout

i just found these about jump rope:

10 minutes of rope jumping at 120 turns/minute produces the same cardiovascular fitness as:

Cycling 2 miles in 6 minutes
    Tennis 2 sets
    Running 1 mile in 12 minutes
    Swimming 12 minutes
    Jogging 30 minutes
    Handball 20 minutes
    Jumping Rope - This is one of the simplest, yet most effective exercises one can do. In just 15 to 20 minutes, jumping rope will give you an unparalleled total body workout. Jumping rope is ideal for cardiovascular endurance and enhances performance in virtually any sport - tennis, basketball, football, skiing, volleyball and more. This simple exercise is also great for eye-hand coordination, lateral movement, foot and hand speed and agility.
    cool im glad i got one!

Quote Frank View Post
    Pointless me posting monthly on this thread at the moment.

I was preparing to lose two stone that had developed as part of ill health - but which had stayed with me despite overcoming that health issue.

Unfortuately I have bad nerve compression through my spine and this is restricting a lot of things. Can't exercise, must do less driving, less computer work etc. The result is potentially more weight until the issue has been resolved.

It keeps coming back. It paralyses the upper right hand side of my torso with excruciating pain. I need strong pain killers (which don't really work), lots of physio, acupuncture, interferential, etc. But the worst was this current one and I had to have injections in my neck and back to help me along.

So I might not lose the two stone I was hoping to by my target date of 1st May next year.

Instead, i've got to keep focused now on getting this problem resolved as it keeps screwing things up for me.
    Sorry to hear about your health problems. Have you tried acupuncture?It has a high success rate with nerve pain.
    I do what I can and that's better than doing nothing

Yes - I have had acupuncture and last had that on Friday.

Quote sugarmouse View Post
    Sunday and yesterday I worked and slept and didnt do any exercise but ate healthily...Today I am going to have a nap then go to the gym later.I did some weights for myarms yesterday so I guess that counts for soemthing.
    How did you quit Haniska?Ay method or just cold tofurkey?
    I tried to quit several times before but didn't have a reason good enough to stand up to my desires to smoke. The first time that I quit I quit for a year. I had realized that in the year before that I had tried to quit 12 times. Seemed to me that I must have been serious.
    I started back again though, slowly at first and then totally back on the smoke train when I had a big OCD episode earlier this year. I think that getting on anti-depressants truly did help. Of course, I was smoking to relieve some of my emotions in the first place.
    What really really did it for me was having a good reason though. I tried to quit a few months ago but decided I would taper off (withdrawal gives me horrible OCD) but bumming cigarrettes all too quickly became buying them.I knew I wanted to quit. I prayed for a good reason and I remembered about my mom and grandmother.

I looked up how you get a stroke:
    #1 Smoking

(#2 fried salty foods)

and side effects of smoking:
    #1 Stroke

And I quit: cold-tofurky.
    F a stroke.
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

sugarmouse

Well done haniska, that inspires me.
    I need to quit. I smoked 2 yesterday, 6 the day before, none the day before that...not a lot really i know but I still wish I didnt at all.My grandmother has just had lung cancer. I am crazy.
    This is going to sound like an excuse and it maybe is one, but when I was young my father was a figure of fear for me. ..and I remember him scaring me to tears about how much pain he would put me thru if I evr touched a cigarette...he has a huge, booming voice and he terrified me
    'IF YOU EVERY ****ING TOUCH A CIGARETTE YOUNG LADY YOU WILL SEE ME LIKE YOU VE NEVER SEEN ME BEFORE!!! ' the anger terrified me, as he had hit me before and hurt me many times.
    Now, at xmas when I roll some cutters choice in front of him, get a glass of wine and sit and slowly smoke it, one eye on him, my fingers poised in a V sign knowing he cannot touch me now. Power surge?! Maybe.I will quit, smoking does not suit me and I dont want to ruin my looks.

Any Road!!!
    The day before yesterday I didnt do any exercise, I was at work whilst the gym was open and I was veeeeeeeeeeery tired. Then I ate a pack of instant rice noodles which were probably about 500 cals, and other junk such as instant soup and bread which makes me bloat... I had PMT can you tell?!

Yesterday, I ran for 23 mins on the treadmil l but was feelin lousy and couldnt do any more. I walked home from work thats 20 mins, not as briskly as I normally do due to ovary ache!
    I then went back to the gym and ran my ass off for 16 minutes, putting more effort in this time and enjoiying it more.
    Then I Walked back into town at night to have a drink with my best friend. And I had a pint of cider...just to rplace all the calories my run burnt up lol.
    Ah well.

good job on the running sugar!

good luck with quitting smoking haniska

ive noticed more things in my body. this is freaking amazing.

jump rope really is a total body work out.

i have new dents in behind my shoulders and on my upper arm and lower arm on each sides. i have new dents in my hip/butt area, and a big dent in my upper thighs. i have new muscle all around my thighs, my calves, my knees are more defined, and come out more, and my calves are looking great. my legs are very shapely and nice looking now!! and my skin on my thigh area all around on each leg is more taut and theres tons less cellulite. holy crap.

how is that even possible. steev was looking at all these parts and was like what the fuck. how can that happen after two workouts.

wow is all i can say. my body must have needed it.

i was extremely sick today but seeing the improvements in my body is actually making me be so proud of myself that i want to do more. i know i shouldnt because everytime i do exercise i nearly kill myself cause its so strenuous, but take 30 second rests the whole time i do it. its still too hard on me but i cant stop. i love getting stronger and fitter and seeing my body change and i love getting muscle so my metabolism is better and so i can eat more food like a normal person. i wish so badly to be normal and to beable to eat whatever i want as long as its healthy and lose weight and have a strong heart and lungs and get my blood going through me and sweat out the bad stuff.

i love exercise too much. seriously lol.

anyways i did jumping jacks (thought theyd be a quick easy way to get in some cardio) and i did some exercises to target my entire midsection and some leg work and some back work.

i burned around 200 calories, and i DID keep down my dinner, as hard as it was. i felt very very sick after eating. and now i am going to eat a big bowl of scrambled tofu, with a fake sausage and bacon strip. if i can keep this down, guess how many grams of protein i will have gotten! 70!!!!!

tina got 70 grams of protein!!!!!! woohoooooo.

my body deserves to be fit and it deserves to be nourished, and it deserves to be loved by me and cared about.

now im going to stuff my face with vegan protein deliciousness and rub my swollen belly and tell my body to eat it all up and put all its love bugs into me and make me strong and healthy and fit!

what im going for is pretty much dr neal barnards principles, and absentmindedfans principles. the book and amf have encouraged me to get myself right and in sorts!

i am trying so hard to make sure my body knows its okay and im not going to starve it, so my metabolism can keep working properly! but then i have bad throwing up days and i get so sad because i feel bad for my body that it has to think its in starvation mode during those times.

oh god.

i did 10 minutes of jump rope this morning. it takes a lot longer than that to actually do 10 minutes of jump rope. im usually collapsing on something and feeling like death is washing over me but i want to keep doing it. steev is going to kill me when he finds out im pushing myself like this. (i usually exercise when hes asleep or at work because hed take the jump rope and make me go to bed if he saw how sick i get lol) its almost like i get addicted to exercise or something because it makes me feel so good. i also did full body stretching which felt really nice. i burned nearly 200 calories.

ive been drinking tons of water though. its making me so thirsty. i have to be extremely careful with my electrolytes. i take diuretics for water retention, laxatives sometimes due to constipation when i cant eat enough or am dehydrated, i vomit often, take lots of meds that are dehydrating, i cant drink a lot of water during the day, and so my electrolytes are constantly going up and down. ill be extremely lucky if i dont drop dead one of these days from it. i know a lot about this kind of stuff though thank god. i think its the only reason im alive lol.

does anyone know about eating regarding exercise? ive done some research but its all differing. like when are you supposed to eat, before or after exercise? and is it supposed to be protein rich, carb rich, etc.

okay, now i got my proper meds i was off of, so that i can exercise better. i didnt have them so it was getting pretty tough on my lungs.

omg i woke up today feeling very small. my waist has gotten a lot smaller, though still puffy with water, and my legs are looking insanely shapely and womanly and my calves are skinnier which ive never had in my whole life, and my knees are poking out and im loving the way they look! steevs saying i look great (well he also says "you didnt need to change in the first place, youre beautiful all the time" but i still appreciate him noticing these things!)

i cant believe how fast my body is changing. this is amazing.

i lost 2 pounds of the 6 i gained from thanksgiving and steevs birthday LOL. ill probably lose more when i stop pmsing and retaining water.

hope everyones doing well.

sugarmouse

Quote foxytina_69 View Post
    steevs saying i look great (well he also says "you didnt need to change in the first place, youre beautiful all the time" but i still appreciate him noticing these things!)

aww that is verysweet...but very true Tina you are very beautiful!
    You sound happy anyways thts great
    I am not excercising today, working 9-6 and feeling pretty exhausted just at that thought lol.I may do some weights or something perhaps

thanks sugar you too

today and yesterday im in so much pain from exercising that i can barely walk. my whole entire body is aching and all my muscles feel like theyre ripped. i think im going to have to have an epsom salt bath later today.

i weighed myself, and i still dont understand why its so high and yet i dont look like i weigh this much. (god thats hard to say because i feel so fat because of my weight) but im trying really hard to remember how much muscle weighs, and understand that ive gained a lot of muscle from all my protein ive been eating, and from working out. so im trying to keep this in mind whilst weighing myself.

ive been getting steev to put away the scale so i dont weigh myself too often and cause myself stress.

i am trying to just be loving of my body and treat it the way it should be treated.

i am also trying to eat enough food. its very hard because i have thought for my whole life that to lose weight you have to eat less. but obviously eating less doesnt work because i barely do eat enough. ive been trying to eat more, and trying to eat healthier. like real iced tea instead of fake, lots of salad and dark greens, lots of protein, and lots of veggies. and crackers/popcorn for snacks instead of chips (or baked chips if i have to have chips) and a lot less sugar.

right now im eating some thai rice noodle soup and some salad for breakfast to get my metabolism revved up.

Had more injections in my neck today and will have a scan on Friday.

Don't know when I'll be able to run around like normal and dreading Friday's work trips - estimated to be around 240 miles of driving.

That did not impress my physio. But I have to keep working as there is no one else to do it!

Can't have a beer at the mo either

I guess I will not win the lottery jackpot either this week...................

poor frank. i hope things start working out for you. at least youre taking the steps you need to to get healthy, which is what this thread is all about!

today i ate pretty healthy, except the chip cracker things because im pmsing. and i didnt exercise because my whole body hurts too much to. i wanted to and would have if i was able to walk but all the jump rope screwed up my calves. i hope they heal soon so i can do more jump rope.

oh and im really happy because ive been drinking about 4 cups of green/black tea a day and its been making me feel a little better these past few days.

i also lost another 2 pounds of the 6 i gained from holidays. not sure if the 4 pound loss is the exercise or the tea, but its probably both. i should be putting the scale away but at least the loss is making me feel a little better. i still need to lose 10 pounds though and i cant figure out if that gain is muscle or not but i guess it is because of my measurements going down. it still drives me crazy though.

today i got in some brown rice and greens so thats healthy.

Quote Haniska View Post
    II knew I wanted to quit. I prayed for a good reason and I remembered about my mom and grandmother.

I looked up how you get a stroke:
    #1 Smoking

(#2 fried salty foods)

and side effects of smoking:
    #1 Stroke

And I quit: cold-tofurky.
    F a stroke.
    agreed haniska, strokes can be devastating and even fatal.
    my mum recently had one.

well done on the quitting!

I've gained a lot of weight (about 20-30lbslbs which is a lot considering I'm only 5'2). I think it's a mixture of both my anti-depressants and the fact that I've been eating so unhealthy the past few months. I've been a total junk foodie. I'm walking about 20-30 minutes a day plus using the stairs at school (instead of the elevators) but I'm obviously consuming more calories than necessary.

I've tried counting calories, simply eating less, and to be honest, I've even bought a liquid diet supplement (like diet pills but in a powder you add to water). I can never stick to one thing and I can't seem to lose the weight.

I really don't know what the point of this post is except that I felt like rambling. The whole "just eat less/healthier" thing doesn't work when you're a compulsive overeater. I just get these CRAVINGS for food and I can't be satisfied until I eat it all. If I try to ignore them, I seriously throw a temper tantrum. I act like some heroin addict trying to quit cold turkey. I get restless, agitated, bitchy, and even sweaty when I don't get my sugar/carb/starchy fix (whatever I'd be craving, either crackers or cookies or even plain sugar sometimes). Food is constantly on my mind and so is my weight and dieting and other people's weight. I can't help but not feel insanely jealous when I see a thin girl on the streets or at school. I just feel so bad about myself and I want to hide my body. Luckily my legs are still shapely, but my belly looks like I'm pregnant or something.

Peace, love, and happiness.

oh tigerlily, im so sorry youre feeling so horrible. i know how you feel, even if i could leave the house i wont because i feel so fat.

have you tried to find substitutes for your carby starchy salty sweet cravings? its the only way i can get through my cravings. pickles for the crunchy salty, diet drinks for the sweet, or candies which arent that bad calorie wise anyways, kale chips and roasted chickpeas both for chip replacements. and baked chips if the cravings are really bad. and toast and sandwiches and popcorn for the carby cravings.

you get exercise so thats good. im sure some of the pounds is water hon. at least 10 im sure!

i find that doing a juice fast for a couple of days helps me get rid of the extra water retention and sparks my diet into healthy eating again too.

i am wanting to do as much jump rope as possible before halloween so that if i can do something for halloween, ill feel really good about myself. witht he results ive gotten from it already, i cant imagine what the results will be by the time halloween rolls around.

my goal is to do it at least 10 more times before halloween.

i am feeling worried because i think im going to slip into one of those vomiting things again. ill vomit for weeks, everything. and i can tell when its coming because my nausea starts to come back. it seemed to be gone for a few days.

so thats not very healthy. better take my anti nauseants but i dont feel like walking around looking like i just did 30 lines of coke considering the meds make me so damn shaky.

sugarmouse

Be happy at your acheivements,Tina! And Haniska

I drove to work today, I normallyw alk but was shattered. I ran for 27 mins on the treadmill at 9kph. I have eaten a small bag of nuts,half a bag of low fat crisps (40 cal)some soup (240 cal)2 popadums (80 cal) and a carrot...about 600 cal ish. I will sleep now, and make something else to eat later, but healthy
    !

thats usually around how much i eat too, but i never lose weight. i guess its because my body is so used to it now.

im doing really good with spiking my metabolism and getting it going healthily! i can tell because im hungry a lot more. i wake up hungry in the middle of the night and i wake up hungry in the morning. ive been getting so hungry. so i know my metabolism is fired up and working right. i guess its because ive been eating through out the day, not counting calories, and eating whatever i want as long as its healthy.

i did 10 minutes of jump rope today. was too exhausted to do anything else. i might do some exercises in bed, like leg lifts over the hips, stomach exercises, and some arm ones.

if i do do those exercises, ill have burned 246 calories.

so 9 more times of jump rope to go. (my goal is 10 more before halloween)

im going to do something creative to encourage my weight loss. im going to cut strips of colored paper, and tape them into a circle, intertwining each one. each one will represent one pound of weight lost.

this way i will see 4 rings, and be really proud of myself for losing 4 pounds in a healthy way, and with hard work and healthy eating. and i can see each pound in that way, i will see it as a lot rather than the typical way of looking at it and saying oh its only 4 pounds. i should be very proud of myself!

i forgot to say i also snack on walnuts all day and that all the exercise is helping me fall asleep at night.

Thanks Tina.

dont worry hon, i know it feels really uncomfortable, and i know you probably feel like shooting yourself lol, but it doesnt last as long as we think it does. it always goes away at some point so try to remember that. keep up with your exercise. just get through one day at a time. and remember, people dont notice weight gain on you like you do. whenever i gain weight, people dont seem to notice but i always do. so its not as bad as you think it is hon.

and remember, your body holds weight very well. remember how whenever you gain any its not even noticeable but to you? for some reason, i think both of our bodies are pretty good with extra weight because of the way were shaped, it hides itself pretty well.

and spiking your exercise a bit usually gets your weight going. your body is probably used to the walking, so throw in an extra ten minutes of walking, or something else. like weights or jump rope or biking, even jumping jacks for ten minutes in your house, or 10 minutes of dancing around. or running up and down stairs, or stepping up on something and then down, this is also a really good exercise. (by the way, if our bodies are as similar as i think they are, yours will probably react the same way to jump rope that mine is, REALLY quickly!!! you can make one yourself) i love exercises i can do at home so those are all the ones i can think of that you can do quickly with fast results.

green tea also spikes weight loss ive noticed.

and dont starve yourself, it will slow down your metabolism and youll have a shit time trying to lose weight.

limit your sugar too. i find sugar and sugary drinks make me gain weight REALLY fast. its actually insane how quick i gain weight when i consume sugar. (except for some reason i can have fruit juices and candies in moderation, and the sugar that is in salad dressings and ketchup and stuff)

but eat lots often to keep your metabolism up. these are the things i can eat as much as i want of and i lose weight everytime i do this.

popcorn (i can eat like 20 cups a day and still lose weight, even with butter)
    salad (with full fat salad dressings. i never use low calorie ones)
    roasted chickpeas
    kale chips
    soup/broth/stew (even chili and curry)
    all veggies as much as i want (potatoes i limit though to a couple a week)
    fruit juice (i can drink even 4 cups a day if i want to)
    soy milk (even chocolate)
    fruit (i can eat this but not tons of it)
    brown rice (with butter)
    legumes
    tofu/soy stuff
    candies (obviously not like 3 huge handfuls but i can eat like 2 small handfuls)
    chocolate (small amounts, like 1-3 squares a day)

basically as long as its all whole foods. i dont eat pasta though. i find too many starches, other than brown rice, make me gain weight. everything else i lose weight. i dont know why but my body seems to be fine with fat. i can eat as much butter and salad dressings and soy milk as i want. i lose weight really fast on this diet.

im saying this because i have a feeling your body is similar.

oh, but the foods cant be too crazy or contain too many ingredients when prepared. i have no idea why. they have to be really simple for me to lose weight on them. its weird.

this is how im trying to eat but ive been pmsing and eating crackers. *rolls eyes*

sugarmouse

Aww Tiggylily I dont know why I didnt see your post before.
    Compulsive overeatoing is a real disorder/illness, and you have been so brave to face up to it, but I will tell you it can be changed, because I was like that for years... since I reached puberty to being about 15.
    If I was to give you advice it wouldnt be half as good as waht Tina's already said but I will add to it...
    • Get excited about your future progress with it. This means deciding that it is ok to be how you are, but you want to change it so you are going to eat differently.
    • Also drum into yourself that if you make a mistake it is ok ,not the end of the world, just a hurdle.
    • Do not focus on your weight. You are doing this for your emotional health, and the way you look now will change when you suceed, but this isnt the main focus at the moment.
    • More practically, try lots of different foods to what you normally eat. Change your diet, incorporating many new things into it. This will help your pallete change,help your metabolism and mean you wil not get as many cravings.
    • Pamper yourself! You are a beautiful woman, so focus on other bits of your looks that aren't to do with your bodyshape.
    • Finally, as Tina does I think, become a grazer, eat little and oftenas much as you can, as longas the food is healthy. This will help your metabolism, and make you less likely to binge or if you do,the binge will be 'smaller'

I hope i helped. Those tips are what helped me when I was like that. I wsa so unhealthy about food, emotionally and physically. I woud get up in the middle of the night and just binge on anything I could find...it didnt help that I was terrified of eating in front of people, so I would not eat all day. Good luck to Tigerlily and everyone, and I am proud of you Foxy I am sure you will make a veeeery good halloween icon!

wow sugar that was AWESOME advice!

and thanks sweetums about the halloween thing. i sure hope so! and good luck to you too hon.

Thanks everyone!

sugarmouse

Today I have not been able to get satisfied with food at all.I still feel hungry after eating salads,V8,crispbreads,popadums,mashed potato...soup, ugh.I sometimes get mixed with tiredness and hunger so am going to try havin a sleep, but I have had enough sleep today so its weird!!!

Grr.I did 27min run though.

That's good, sugar.

Another tip for compulsive overeating (I did this too as a teenager) is something my dad suggested and I love it! Suck on hard candy! Be sure to get a kind nice and hard so you won't want to chew it. It will keep your tastes satisfied as I usually found that my taste buds just craved really strong tastes, so I got super sweet and over flavored candies.

Good sperm

Big hugs to Frank and his dodgy back.
    Tell you what, if you win the jackpot this week I might treat you to a massage ...for a small fee of course

This week I ran 3 miles before work Monday to Thursday and this morning I ran 13.5 miles in 2 hrs 20 minutes!
    Further than I've ever run before and a good pace too.

Well i'll definitely win the jackpot then

After the massage, will you accept a cheque?

Good sperm

Only if it's blank

hahaha amf. and good job on your running hon!

double post.
    Last edited by foxytina_69; Oct 21st, 2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: just noticed i double posted!

my sides are going in, and my tummy is getting smaller.

god i cant believe jump rope is this freakin quick. ive only done it like five times, but each time i do it, the next couple of days i notice something new on my body that is getting smaller. steev does too. its crazy.

have any of you ever found alcohol to have a negative impact on your weight? it never does on me. i dont know why.

sugarmouse

I have never given up drinking, but if i decide to lose weight I always do,without even cutting down.
    I decided it is because alcohol is a poison, thus your body works hard to discriminate it, meaning the calories arent absorbed..or somethin liek that...

Alcohol acts like a diuretic - so moves water out of your body.

After several nights of drinking you can weigh a lot less.

However - think about several of your poor organs that are working overtime to get rid of all the 'poisins' that you have just given them to deal with.

It's not a good method.

All dieting/weight loss methods need to consider all eventualities of your diet.

sugarmouse

Yes
    I certainly dont' use it as a weightloss method, I just drink for various reasons, including that I love to indulge on cider at 239 cals a pint...and I dont think it piles on weight as much as if I ate the same calories in bread or chocolate or chips lol

After seeing your figure on many occassions on threads - I can believe that!

I don't think you have much to worry about SM

i didnt mean can it help you lose weight. i know its a diuretic, which is actually a good thing for me because of the severe water retention problems. what i meant was that i wanted to know if anyone ever gained weight from drinking because i know its high in calories. and that i never have gained weight long term, from drinking alcohol. i used to drink a lot when i was younger but it never made me gain weight.

today i did some stomach exercises. thats all i could do.

didnt eat healthy because i was hungover and needed grease and junk food.

hope everyone else is doing good!

i lost 2 more pounds which is 6 in total. i didnt post it even though it happened a few days ago because i wanted to see if it was real weight loss.

ive been eating way too many crackers because of pms, but im going back to healthy eating as soon as its over! ya gotta admit though, tina craving crackers instead of chips at pms time is amazing LOL. im starting to crave healthy alternatives.

eating a lot and exercise really does work. i cant believe i lost 6 pounds in less than a week because i ate all the time, healthy foods, often, and never let myself go hungry. i can literally stuff myself full to the brim if i want as long as its healthy and still lose weight!!! well i cant stuff myself to the brim, if i eat too much i get sick. i havent been eating enough to be considered healthy but im trying my best.

oh and my arms and forearms are even getting smaller, and my back is getting firm with muscles. god i feel so good about myself when i take care of my health, eat healthily AND exercise to get fit. and im not exercising for weight loss either, im exercising for health. i want to get fit, strong enough to be able to do simple things like opening cans or closing doors and things like this. weight loss is a plus of course. but i hate having to rely on either people and thought i couldnt exercise but i can, its just that the key is to do it in small amounts at a time.

20 crunches CAN be good enough. you really dont have to bust your ass exercising. a little at a time is great.