Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Hooray for free time and being able to do what you WANT to do!! I am going to do something I want to do today and hit up a yoga class. Yippeee!!!

Alcohol is ridiculous for calories. It's probably a good thing or else I'd be drinking all the time.

Welcome Monday! It's nice to have a place to talk about the trials and tribulations of trying to be toned.

Foxytina it took about a year of writing down every calorie I put into my body and exercising daily. But the time goes by fast enough always and once I was done it didn't seem like it was all that hard! Now though, damn! Losing the last 20 odd pounds is freaking impossible!!! I know why though, I have become complacent because compared to how big I was how I look now is awesome. I want to look better though...

*i'm an idiot. scuse me pardon me... *

So! I decided to write out a plan.

Each day, I want to have/do:

• 5-6 cups of water (any more hurts!)
    • 10 servings of fruits (1/2 cup is a serv.) and veggies (1 cup raw, 1/2 cup cooked is a serv.)
    • 2 cups of fortified soy milk or rice milk
    • 1 to 2 tsps flax oil/1 to 2 tbsps ground flaxseeds AND 1 tsp of olive oil
    • 3+ servings of grains (1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of oatmeal, etc)
    • 2+ servings of a high protein food (1 cup quinoa, 1 veggie burger, 1 cup beans, etc)
    • Weekly treat of a few pieces of chocolate, bowl of soy ice cream, small bag of chips (not all of them, just pick one )
    • Limited intake of caffeine, excess sodium, excess sugars, excess fats, excess refined cards, and excess of junk food in general
    • Exercise daily for at least 35 minutes a day

I would like to lose 10 lbs!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Wow Tigerlily, that's quite a formidible plan! Good luck to you . Are you planning on implementing it gradually or all at once?

Well I didn't do any situps yesterday, but then I did do 500 a day for the 2 days before that. Maybe Sundays should be my lazy, no-situp day. My diet was crap yesterday (Thai noodles for lunch, spring rolls and Thai soup for supper), but today I've brought loads of fruit and veg to work. Here's what I'm eating today:

Breakfast: big bowl of red grapes

Lunch: more grapes; some garden medley stew from "How it All Vegan"; a sliced cucumber and 4 medium organic carrots cut into sticks, with some dip; and 6 ginger thins. If I'm still hungry, I may have to get a small bag of corn chips from the vending machine . It's better than being hungry and not getting any work done.

Supper: mashed potatoes and cooked carrots (I have to use up my carrots before they go bad!)

I slept in this morning so I only did 100 situps so far. I'll try to squeeze in the other 400 by the end of the day, but I won't beat myself up if I don't make it.
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote Yoggy
    Wow Tigerlily, that's quite a formidible plan! Good luck to you . Are you planning on implementing it gradually or all at once?
    Well, I already do a little bit. I would like to start following as closely as possible!

I am going to start writing what i eat for a few days so i can keep an eye on my nibbling.
    I shall start tomorrow when it will be a better day.

well another crap day for tina. why do i let my family sabatoge my wanting to eat healthy? my sister bought me chips and a slushie for waking up and going to her house to meet the cable and phone people. ofcourse i accepted. god knows tina cant resist chips and a slushie.

then later, my dad and his gf are coming down, and want to have dinner at my sisters apartment, so i assume ill eat veggie burgers, schezwan green beans and some form of potatoes.

sigh. hopefully after theyre gone and my sisters settled in, i wont have anyone offering me crap foods cause i cant resist them!
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

feral

Have you room for one more?

I'll be no where in the same league as you guys cos my body's a bit of a wreck but I'm trying to devise an exercise plan with the help of my hubby atm. I'd like to build my stamina up enough to go for a daily walk/do some yoga. I'd like to loose 10lbs by July as we're going to Dublin for 5 nights, I need to loose more but would be more than happy if I was rid of 10 for now!

i can't believe how little you girls eat, i think i eat as much as you all put together i'd be embarressed to post my portion sizes (no jokes please )

Foxy, don't worry about a bad day - i always work on the average theory as long as this weeks better than last your making progress

tigerlilly, your plan looks good, good luck with it

ate good again today except for a couple of biscuits, peanut butter on toast for brekkie, leftover chickpea and corriander salad for lunch with two pittas, just deciding on dinner - too late to eat much though.

Also went swimming which i really enjoyed!

Oooh! I want to join!

I have a bet with my friend to lose 20 pounds by mid-June. So far, I've only lost three..lol. I think it has something to do with my eating habits for the last month or so, so I've changed them. I work out about three times a week with a personal trainer, and try to fit in some cardio and stuff at home. I adore my trainer, but I'm running out of sessions and don't have enough money to buy more right now, so I'm really going to need people to give me hell when I haven't worked out

3 is great malice! i wish i could lose 3!

today i got in lots of exercise just moving stuff around the house and cleaning.

all i ate was the chips and slushie my sister bought me. my dad and his gf ended up not wanting to stay, so we never had dinner. its midnight and i still havent eaten :S

maybe ill make a nice bowl of brown rice pasta and a smoothie to go with it. kindof cancel out the badness of the chips and slushie lol. mightaswell end the day on a healthy note i suppose! i was going to eat veggie dogs, but i suppose eating wheat isnt very good for me, and i usually save it for the weekend, so ill just eat brown rice pasta instead.

ofcourse i didnt get enough nutrition today at all, so im not even bothering entering in the info onto fitday.

im so excited to get the tv in the living room because once thats in here, i can finally workout to my videos.

i ended up eating brown rice pasta w/ sauce, spices, nut. yeast, and fried onions. it was really good and filling!

and i had lots of water today.

I've kept a food diary for over a week now, (I'd recommend it).
    So a typical day for me is a smoothie for breakfast, a homous sandwich with fruit for lunch and some combination of stirfry, jacket potato, salad, pasta, soup.. for dinner. Snacks; 1 homemade muffin a day.

I feel a bit better, but I haven't noticed any weight/size related changes.

I've intensified my workout at the gym (with the help of my bf). It's a comforting feeling when your muscles ache a little for the rest of the day.

I don't think I'm going to get anywhere fast at this rate though. I need some new ideas. The only time I successfully lost a worthwhile amount of weight in the past was when I was addicted to running and was eating about 700 cal a day. I don't wanna do that again.

Haha, I'm the opposite, Antonia. I'm trying not to keep a food diary as they make me extremely obesessive and I end up doing this in an eating disordered way (obessesing over every half ounce I eat, etc). Sometimes the food diaries would keep me up at night! So my only "food diary" for now is the "Proud to Eat Healthy".

Welcome Malice and you sexxxy chicky feral.

Yesterday I didn't eat nearly enough but I was busy and didn't notice being hungry.

I ate an amy's bean and rice burrito, some mashed potatoes with spinach mixed through and some "chicken" strips. Total for the day was 675 calories plus I did my bikram class yesterday. I will eat more today. However the scale really liked me this morning it's tempting to do this everyday till summer comes.

feral

Quote TofurkyZombie
    Welcome Malice and you sexxxy chicky feral.
    Mmmmmmmm I like that thanks babe

Yesterday I didn't eat nearly enough but I was busy and didn't notice being hungry.

I ate an amy's bean and rice burrito, some mashed potatoes with spinach mixed through and some "chicken" strips. Total for the day was 675 calories plus I did my bikram class yesterday. I will eat more today. However the scale really liked me this morning it's tempting to do this everyday till summer comes.
    I find if I don't eat too much in the evening or have dinner too late the scales like me more, it's a good incentive to eat lightly. Not today though, I've been starving all day no matter what I've eaten

tabitha

I have done an hour and a half c.v. I am superwomans granny

Tina - how do you like the Breathe Easy tea? Does it work for you?

I laughed when I read the bit you posted about the fried onions You can cook them whenever you want now!

Tiggerwoo

I did tai chi for an hour and half hours walk down the canal yesterday.

Now have just got home after having a 2 mile walk down the river.... my hands are frozen and can barely type this!

tabitha

Wow Tigs, you are superwomans grandaughter then.

Tiggerwoo

Quote tabitha
    Wow Tigs, you are superwomans grandaughter then.
    LOL....... you're the energetic one....... hour and a half of cardio! Dangerous!

tabitha

Quote Tiggerwoo
    LOL....... you're the energetic one....... hour and a half of cardio! Dangerous!
    Yes, but what I didnt mention is that Im typing this in Casualty LOL.

I just had a small bag of chips and I just bought a box of cookies. Oops, I forgot about my plan.

Tiggerwoo

Quote tabitha
    Yes, but what I didnt mention is that Im typing this in Casualty LOL.
    LOL, but I'm typing this watching Casualty on TV!

LOL about the chips/cookies Tigerlily I did something similar yesterday, but luckily it didn't work out quite how I had planned. My friend was going to 7-11 and asked if I needed anything. Without thinking I asked her to bring me back a bag of Lays original potato chips. And what did she come back with? Baked Lays . YUCK! lol. I guess it was karma coming back to bite me in the ass

Yesterday I ran out of oatmeal and fruit, so this morning I had a bagel with Tofutti for breakfast . I'm really trying to avoid wheat products, but they're just so good! But I'm SO full right now, because I haven't had such a heavy breakfast in ages, so I won't be doing that again soon.

I also ran out of potatoes, so instead of the mashed potatoes and carrots that I had planned to have for supper last night, I ended up having a 6-inch veggie sub from Subway with lettuce, cucumber, green peppers, black pepper, mustard and some of my own vegenaise.

Here's what I brought to work to eat today:
    3 canned pear halves in 100% juice
    3 medium organic carrots, sliced (no dressing today )
    6 ginger thins
    the last of my leftover garden medley stew.

I only got to 250 situps yesterday . But today I've already done 200, and it's only 9:30 a.m., so I have the whole evening to get in the other 300.

another good food day, had peanut butter sarnie for breakfast, red bean pastie for lunch with some seseame snaps. Then had tofu-wiener sandwiches for tea, also had three apples in between times.

eating yogurt and drinking beer now weird combination, and not good for calorie count

went for a swim, ache like a pig from swimming yesterday, but had a good swim and sauna

good job on your good food days vbb!

and good job everyone else

today all i ate was brown rice pasta and a few corn chips.

sigh. my appetite isnt great in the past couple days.

dont know what else to eat thats quick as its already midnight and i need to sleep soon...

also got lots of walking around today. and water.

You brits and your tea! Here I thought you were all lovers of like you know, green tea/black tea/rooibos tea! I find out it means DINNER. Sheesh it's amazing how the same language can be so confusing sometimes. I love learning all these new meanings though!

I did another yoga class today. Hooray! I decided that today was day 2 of my 30 day challenge. This is gonna hurt.... But it will be oh so worth it!

Think I ate enough today. I suppose I coulda had some more calories but I just wasn't that interested in food today. Stuff munched down: Amy'z Pocket (I'd starve without these overpriced frozen pockets/burritos they are my convenience food. I hate spending a lot of time cooking for 1.) a yve's veggie burger on a bun w/ some fries, some oatmeal and 1/3 of a dark chocolate bar. Total cals: 1110 I really am sick of being at this same stupid weight I have been maintaining at for a year. This sucks. I want to be smaller NOW.

Tigerlily cookies are fine as long as you don't eat the whole box in a day. I used to do stuff like that when I was losing my 100+lbz, instead of eating real food just eat 1500 cals of junk food throughout the day. I think I would go crazy if I had to just eat healthy shit all the time.

okay, i also had a baked potato w/ v. butter, v. bacon bits and catalina dressing, and some rice with tamari.

pms makes me want only starches lol. nice tina. no fruits or veggies

tabitha

I will be ok for exercise tonight. I have 3 really overweight teenagers coming in and they are all smokers! I have told them I will be training with them and said I hope they dont want a 44 year old woman to out do them in the weights etc., and they seem to be up for a challenge.

*hugs* to tofurky. its okay, youll get there!

tabitha, thats hilarious. cant wait to hear the update LOL.

so i ended up getting 1156 calories, and ofcourse not enough fiber and protein.

Quote TofurkyZombie

Tigerlily cookies are fine as long as you don't eat the whole box in a day. I used to do stuff like that when I was losing my 100+lbz, instead of eating real food just eat 1500 cals of junk food throughout the day. I think I would go crazy if I had to just eat healthy shit all the time.
    Hahah, I did.

Well yesterday after my visit to the dentist - my gum wouldn't stop bleeding where the tooth was removed and I was so tired I just slept. So i hardly ate anything. I had a slice of toast for breakfast, before the dentist and then had a small bowl of veggie soup and a smoothie in the evening. Luckily I didn't feel very hungry so it didn't matter that I couldn't manage much.

Feel really low and tired today but luckily my mouth isn't too sore at the moment.

Monday x

(((hugs))) to Monday, I HATE going to the dentist!

Don't worry about the protein and fibre Tina. You nearly always get the right amounts in a typical day, so a day or two of not getting enough shouldn't hurt.

I think I'm going to have another healthy day today. I bought some dates, so I can eat those instead of junky chocolate. Here's what I'm planning on eating today:

Breakfast: 1 cup organic oatmeal with rice milk, organic evaporated cane juice, and a few sunflower seeds mixed in.

Lunch (spread from mid-morning to mid-afternoon):
    3 sliced organic carrots
    3 canned pear halves
    3 medjool dates with macadamia nut butter
    one vegan taco leftover from last night (organic flour tortilla, Smart Ground with taco seasoning added, some lettuce, and cheddar Vegan Rella).
    cup of rooibos tea
    cup of vanilla nut tea
    1 Wha Guru chew (man these are good!)

Supper: Will either be another leftover taco, or some curry with potatoes, carrots and tofu, depending on how lazy I am

I managed to get to 450 situps yesterday, and I've done 250 so far today. And of course there was the 20 minute uphill walk to work. Does anyone know how long it should take for me to notice a difference in my abs if I do 500 situps faithfully every day? I'm getting impatient!

I'm on my period and all I'm craving is white bread.

feral

Well my psoriasis it flaring up so I'd better try and ditch the yeast and sweet fruits, have been eating more fruit lately and it seem to be aggravating it *tisk* . I'm going to try and get to the organic store tomorrow and see if they've any yeast free bread.

Today I quaffed

1 cinnamon & raisin bagel, sugar free fruit spread & natural peanut butter & cup of redbush tea.

Celery & carrot sticks with humus.

Fake bacon, beans & two slices of lightly fried potato bread.

Coffee & two bournville with headache tablets.

Cup of peppermint tea.

Water & redbush tea.

tabitha

Quote feral
    Well my psoriasis it flaring up so I'd better try and ditch the yeast and sweet fruits, have been eating more fruit lately and it seem to be aggravating it *tisk* . I'm going to try and get to the organic store tomorrow and see if they've any yeast free bread.

Today I quaffed

1 cinnamon & raisin bagel, sugar free fruit spread & natural peanut butter & cup of redbush tea.

Celery & carrot sticks with humus.

Fake bacon, beans & two slices of lightly fried potato bread.

Coffee & two bournville with headache tablets.

Cup of peppermint tea.

Water & redbush tea.
    I just cant be bothered with food at the mo. Ive had veg juice, cereal and mediterranean bread with hummous and olives..a lot of olives and garlic. Oh and one glass of red wine. But I have done an hour and a half cv again plus lots of crunches.

Thanks for the hugs foxy! You are a sweetheart. I too adore bacon bits. I don't know why, they are just salty little coloured nuggets of vegetable protein but damn they are good!!!

Yoggy your day sounds fantastic food wise, very yummy and healthy. Great work! I love vanilla nut tea mmm. So yummy! And omg all those situps!! You are crazy girl but kudos to you.

Monday sorry to hear about your yucky experience at the dentist. Hope you are feeling better soon. *hugs*

Tigerlily try to resist the tempation from the devil bread. I cannot *CANNOT* have bread in the house. Fluffy bread is like the most addictive stuff ever for me. Oooh peanut butter and jam sammich? Sounds divine! Ooooh a nice slice with some Earth Balance? HOORAY! It's evil I tell you. I try to eat Silver Hills Squirrelly bread most of the time but sometimes you just need the fluffy, freshly baked that morning bread.

Your day looks great feral. I love redbush/rooibos tea as well. So yummy with some agave nectar in there. Mmm mm.

Tabitha how did the workout go?? Enquiring minds are dying to know. Did you whip those smokers into shape?

I had a pretty good day today! Ate enough, but not too many calories: 1310. Which was from a really great sandwich/soup combo from this organic cafe. The sammich had sprouts, roasted peppers, baby spinach, hummus, olive spread and the soup was a west african yam soup that was creamy and spicy. YUM! I also had a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice cuz I was feeling like I was starting to get a cold. I haven't gotten a cold since I have been vegan. Must ward it off before it turns into a full blown cold, right now it's just an inkling of one. Dinner was 2 yves veggie burgers on a toasted bun. Did my 3rd yoga class of my 30 day challenge. I adore my yoga, I get so much tighter SO FAST. My jeans are already looser after 3 classes in a row.

wow tofurky, i cant believe yoga did that for you. i didnt know it could!

today:

lunch:
    -baked potato w/ v. butter, v. bacon bits and catalina dressing
    snack:
    -dr pepper
    -juice box my sister gave me
    dinner:
    -brown rice pasta w/ sauce, spices and nutritional yeast. (i usually add oil and sea salt to my pasta so im learning not to now! neither of these are good for weight loss!)
    -glass of diet black cherry vanilla coke (steev bought me this as he thought i would enjoy it. hes so cute lol.)
    snack:
    -strawberry kiwi smoothie

in total, ive had 1262 calories, enough fiber, but not enough protein.

i always get about 15-20 % of my calorie total is fat. 30% is considered low fat, so maybe this will get the ball rolling. my biggest issue is needing to exercise more, now that weve got the tv up i can! i just have to hook it up and then i can start working out.

HOLY MOLY DIET BLACK CHERRY VANILLA COKE?!?!? Sorry but that deserves caps. Sounds heavenly. Why aren't there any natural sodas out there that are low cal sweetened with something non-evil?? There would be a great market for it! I know how addictive diet pop is... I am still in the grips of its luscious liquidy bubbly spell. Your day sounds pretty damn good to me! What exercise videos do you like the most? I love exercise videos!

winsor pilates 20 minute video, (this exercise video is awesome. its relaxing, yet you feel so sore the day after, AND if you do it 3 times a week, its like you can eat whatever you want and not gain weight!) exercise ball workout video, i have a couple yoga ones but i never do them as i didnt think they did much for weight loss! and i also have yourself fitness game for xbox. it comes in the computer version too. its the best exercise program ever. basically, you have your own personal trainer, and she creates an exercise program for you based on your fitness level (she tests you) it is SO COOL. i LOVE it. i am SO excited to get to use it again!!! heres the link: http://www.yourselffitness.com/

i have other videos, like taeboe, but that is too hard for me. it makes my asthma really bad!

what are your favorites?

have you ever tried diet cherry vanilla dr pepper tofurky? its my favorite!

I will have to get some of those winsor pilates videos out from my library. Actually I think my sister owns some! Although I have the Lotte Berk dvd's that are kind of like pilates. However I am so not dedicated right now. I think the reason the yoga works so well is those damn squats in ackward pose and I always really try to engage my abs during the whole class. Sure half of it is vanity and my sucking in my gut but the other half is so I can get stronger core muscles. Other people I have talked to @ the studio have had similar experiences where they don't lose weight but lose mad inches and everything just gets smaller. However before I was eating like a pig and still getting smaller, I can't wait to see how it goes while keeping track of my calories!! Oh I really love Cathe Friedrich videos but they require a step and a bit of room as she has some fancy moves. But she is great fun and the time flies while I do her videos cuz you are so busy concentrating on the steps that you forget how hard you are working! There's a great website to buy exercise dvds in canadian $$'s it's www.cksales.com I have collected a LOT of them over the years, probably have over a hundred. I am a packrat though and can't part with even the ones I hate so needless to say there are only about 30 that I really enjoy doing.

I have tried the diet vanilla dr pepper but it just tastes weird to me for some reason. I don't know why. I think I'm a ddp purist.

Here's to us all having a fabulous day today!

i think im going to try following the mcdougall program for maximum weight loss.

it sounds pretty healthy, as its all whole foods. its just low fat whole foods.

we'll see how it goes.

i like all these foods anyhow! and you can eat them all whenever you get hungry. theres no limit.

im allowed brown rice and potatoes which are my favorites. (youre supposed to eat green/yellow veggies and starchy vegetables at a 3:1 ratio) i think i might beable to do it. and youre supposed to keep legumes to no more than 1cup a day, and fruits to 2 servings a day. no fruit juices, oils/fats, nuts seeds or soy products. you are allowed most low fat/low salt condiments and low fat rice milk. (has anyone tried rice milk? is it good?) and whole grain cereals.

maybe ill just do it for a few days and see how i do. its not really a plan, its more like just a healthy way to cut back on food.

Quote foxytina_69
    i think im going to try following the mcdougall program for maximum weight loss.
    Didnt Geoff follow that diet Tina? I am sure he did and lost quite a lot of weight.
    Here is a link http://members.tripod.com/~susang2/mwlp.htm

prilly-pie

hello-sorry ive been out and about, headaches, out having fun, in having fun, crying, laughing etc SO i havent been on here heehee.. BUT i was doingreally well until thismorning i had about half a jar of peanut butter, handful of cashews and 2 bowls of cereal . GRRRRRRRRRR naughty pril!!!
    oh well perhaps my body was craving fat? nah it just tasted good.
    aprille x

I wish you all the success in the world with your go at the McDougall diet foxy. There is a McDougall message board on vegsource in case you didn't already know that. I have read all of his books a few times, I am just not disciplined enough for him. I've given it a go but always fail miserably. You are a better woman than I am though so you are gonna rock it out.

ladyaprille sometimes I just want to munch down on anything with fat calories in it as well. Nuts especially!! Maybe it has something to do with our vegan bodies knowing what they need. Yup I will go with that for sure, we are just listening to our bodies and that is a good thing!!!

That diet sounds like a great idea Tina. I've tried regular rice milk, and it's quite good on cereal, in oatmeal and smoothies, and in some cooked recipes like instant mashed potatoes. I don't like it straight up because it's got a bit of a sweet taste to it that just doesn't sit well with me. It's a bit waterier than almond/soy milk, so you have to add a bit extra to tea.

Aprille, I get the same way sometimes too, especially with things like nuts and oils. I'm going to go with TofurkyZombie's theory though .

I want to get some exercise videos but I have a HUGE problem with working out in front of people. My boyfriend works nights, so he's home all day until 10p.m., and he wakes up a lot during the day. I would never be comfortable working out to a video if I thought he might walk into the living room at any second . I've tried going to the gym on campus (only $30 for 4 months!!!), but I'm always worried about running into someone I know. It would be fine if it was all strangers, but it's the university gym, so some of my friends are always there. I'm just too self-conscious I guess

Anyway, here are my meals for today, though they're pretty similar to yesterday:

Breakfast: organic oatmeal with rice milk and some organic evaporated cane juice mixed in. Cup of vanilla nut tea with rice milk and a teaspoon of cane juice.

Lunch:
    3 canned pear halves
    a leftover taco with lettuce and cheddar Vegan Rella
    a Wha Guru Chew
    some organic kumquats (man these are sour!)

Supper: will be some leftover Thai Kitchen toasted sesame noodles, and a whole bunch of sliced carrots (I have to use up my bag before they all go bad!)

Yesterday I only got 320 situps done, because I didn't go to bed until late and I tried to do the remaining 250 situps right before bed. I did 250 this morning, and I'm definitely going to make myself do the other 250 early this evening, so I don't have a repeat of last night. My stomach still bulges out. I should take up Pilates.

What is a Wha Guru Chew????